• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

this is deadpool's daily quest. (aka DDQ)
it is the single best thing to do in the game for resources.

in it there is a node that you can only use 1* characters in that will give you 500 iso.

the next two nodes allow 2* or lower. if you beat the first one you will get some iso and a taco (which is a lot like a heroic token but has different stuff in it beyond characters)

after that there is one that requires a certain 3* (will give you another taco) and another that only unlocks after you clear the one that requires a 3* (which will give you a cover for the required 3 star).

there is also one node that requires you to have certain 2/3/4 star team.
there is also a progression reward as well.
each day this resets, and in general is the greatest resource towards building up a 2/3 star team.

Got it.much appreciated.

zulux21

also for the people sending me team ups, so far I have not gotten the yellow captain marvel team up... so that is nice since the black one is sexy.

also for the people sending me team ups, so far I have not gotten the yellow captain marvel team up... so that is nice since the black one is sexy.

Would you all be willing to drop a quick note into the alliance chat to let people know what TUs you want? I sent some CM TUs but I'm not sure if it was to you, Zulux.

zulux21

Would you all be willing to drop a quick note into the alliance chat to let people know what TUs you want? I sent some CM TUs but I'm not sure if it was to you, Zulux.

I'm up for whatever, I will make use of whatever is sent to me even the 5* strange with one blue cover that does almost no damage lol. I mean it's good enough to speed up the 1* DDQ :p

but yeah it was likely me you sent some TU to as I request the most by far as I don't pay attention to what TU I have in general, just if I manage to accidently get the TU AP to use one I use it lol.

nothing like using a hulkbuster punch with 1 red AP to end a match :p

Good to know. I'll add it to the regular rotation

I hope her covers start coming to me more often, I really want to get her and medusa going together on a team.
still need to figure out the third person I want.

likely someone with an active red or blue.
hulkbuster would be decent as he drops some protect tiles with blue, but his black move which would drop strike tiles would be blocked.
4 star cyclops would likely be solid as his red and blue hit well and his yellow would be a good alternative to CM's and would fuel her black if I had her higher level.
Iceman would be tempting as it would net me an active green and blue as well as a good purple compared to medusa's situational one. and his blue would make countdown tiles.
Starlord would be tempting as he would make countdown timers from enemies launching powers but his price reduction wouldn't work great with the team in question.
peggy seems like a great choice as she covers the colors I want, slows the enemy down, and makes 3 countdown timers with a move that firing them off early with CM's yellow would make sense, and would finish a good all female team.
electra also could be fun as her red now steals black (as well as purple and red) and her purple is cheaper and more effective than medusa's
Wasp would likely be a great choice as well, doesn't quite give a rainbow but once you get the AP she just starts dropping 1 turn countdown tiles and can use yellow to make things bigger or even create some tiles.

I already have my peggy fully covered but I think I might add wasp to my favorites with CM and medusa as the also looks like a fun choice to get some huge strike tiles going.

I mean I was going to try carnage with the team as that likely would have been goofy but since they nerfed him :(

Dalek

My Kate Bishop is 0/3/5. I have her as my bonus hero. Finally pulled my first 4* bonus and of course it's in the color I already have 5 of.

Spoit

Medusa is the best, of course, but I don't have her to experiment, and the forums killed the compendium, so I can't look up stuff

SL is really great, especially in a goon heavy pve like this last one. Once you have the strikes pumped up enough, you can pop his purples to wipe out an entire wave at a time in the longer nodes.

Peggy/IM40 is also really good, but often you finish the fight before you even get the black off, in which case, you'd probably be better off bringing a green AoE instead of carol.

Ghost Ridder might be pretty good, he fills the green slot that would be needed with peggy or SL, and the combination of the countdown doing direct damage and spawning an attack tile every turn would add up quickly. And then you can finish them with the green aoe. Actually, yeah, I'll need to try that if I ever get the 1 more cover I need to champ him. Which won't be any time soon, with him vaulted.

Coulson might be interesting with a spammy 3rd character. Pop one cooldown tile, and another takes it's place.

For an unorthodox suggestion, have you considered x-pool? His purple creates a LOT of CD tiles, and...well, I guess technically he has a red, even if it's not very good. Also, antman.

She also has good synergy with a number of 3* characters. IM40, as already mentioned. HT, BP, and maybe blade and punisher (though that's stepping on her black) for perpetual CD tiles, Lazy cap for recurrent ones, IF to get an attack tile and accelerate her black (and SW to power that too), and of course 3* hawkguy (or 5* if you're lucky enough) to spam the shit out of the CD tiles

If you have a 5* hawkguy with the passive, and preferably at least one of the actives, try him with coulson. It's ridiculous

So I have enough command points to buy a legend, should I? If you buy one do you still need a free slot to add the cover to your characters?

Thanks!

Spoit

So I have enough command points to buy a legend, should I? If you buy one do you still need a free slot to add the cover to your characters?

Thanks!

Don't pull on that until you either have a few thousand CP saved up, or are well into the 4* transition. A 5* will mess up your scaling pretty bad

zulux21

You can, but you shouldn't. Same as with HP. Don't get distracted by the shiny, only use them for slots

eh... using some CP on 3* covers isn't a horrible thing. if you do it on a strong 3* character it can easily be worth it in extra rewards.

you just have to do it right.

anyways they announced a new store

heroes for hire.

http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/63295/new-store-heroes-for-hire-4-11-17

Following the previous update to Deadpool's Daily Quest, we wanted to give players additional ways to improve their roster, but this time tying it closely to the DDQ character rotations that players have grown accustomed to.

Starting tomorrow at 7:00 AM EDT, players will have access to the Heroes for Hire store page. This page gives players the option of purchasing a cover for a hero as well as getting some Tokens, Iso-8 and Command Points.

There's a new store in the "Recruit Heroes" section of the game called Heroes for Hire
Each day, a new hero is available to be purchased.
Players under S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 30 will have the opportunity to purchase a offer that includes a 3-Star cover.
Players at S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 30 or higher will have the opportunity to purchase a offer that includes a 4-Star Hero.
These offers come with Tokens, Iso-8 and/or Command Points.
Starting Thursday, 4/13, the offers will be timed with the featured 3-Stars and 4-Stars of Deadpool's Daily Quest.
The 3-Star offer features the 3-Star from Dat Required Character mission.
The 4-Star offer features the 4-Star from The Behemoth Burrito mission.
The first day of the offer will be special Heroes for Hire themed offer:
Offers for players under S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 30 will include Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon) and Luke Cage (Hero for Hire).
Offers for players at S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 30 or higher will include Iron Fist (Danny Rand), Luke Cage (Hero for Hire), The Hulk (Indestructible), Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange), and Black Panther (T'Challa).
In addition, this will be one of the rare times we decide to offer a direct avenue for acquiring a specific character you want.

ill have to see prices before I decide.

I mean if it's a low amount of HP it could be fine.
if it is cash only or priced like their current 4* vaults then... meh.

So.... are they going forward with killing the tacos after all?

Possibly (who are we kidding, probably), but it looks like they're going to wait before they do. This announcement was probably timed to be complimentary to that one (either the 13th or the 14th was supposed to be the last day of the current tokens), but they saw the backlash and decided to either wait until the current blacklash for everything else died down or to rework it a bit so that less people may get upset.

Edit: And the Heroes for Hire store is up. Same price as the limited vaults for less covers? That's going to go over pretty badly.

zulux21

Edit: And the Heroes for Hire store is up. Same price as the limited vaults for less covers? That's going to go over pretty badly.

actually.... not only is it potentially the same price for less covers....
there is also

yS4Rt_6.png

which is the offer i have.

aka they are doing the A/B pricing again.

though the B pricing also comes ith 4 elite tokens, 4k more iso and 2cp more. which is such a steal for 1.1kHP more ~sarcasm

but yeah the limited vaults were already to expensive for what you get... this is just worst and rotates each day. That being said I still might bite if a prof x blue cover shows up, but that was true for the limited vault as well as I really need 2 more of his blue covers.

2500 hp for a specific cover you need isn't that bad.
I bought a yellow Medusa since I only get purple from tokens.

Also, the daily rotation is much better than a vault I don't want hanging around all week.

zulux21

2500 hp for a specific cover you need isn't that bad.
I bought a yellow Medusa since I only get purple from tokens.

Also, the daily rotation is much better than a vault I don't want hanging around all week.

before the switch to CP you could buy any 4* cover you had on your character for 2500HP. back then the meta was in 4* land and they were understandably rare.

now there are more 4* then 3* and the meta is on 5*.
the 4* stuff needs to be made more available in general. 1500HP for that vault would be a more understandable price (it's a one time purchase per day it should be decently better than buying tokens you can buy anytime). I mean 2500 isn't horrible if you really need the cover, but the 3600 one is a joke.

I also only have the IF offer while I hear others can see upcoming ones.

jurgen

They do this to test who will buy what. It's very shady.

Yeah, the shadiness is what prompted me to stop paying for the "VIP" or using HP for anything other than character slots.

I fully expect them to try and introduce another currency by the end of the year.

Yeah, the shadiness is what prompted me to stop paying for the "VIP" or using HP for anything other than character slots.

I fully expect them to try and introduce another currency by the end of the year.

So will there be a different 4* available every day at the 2500HP (or 3600) price point?

Fist along with C&D are the only 4*s I don't have...debating it...

So will there be a different 4* available every day at the 2500HP (or 3600) price point?

Fist along with C&D are the only 4*s I don't have...debating it...

Today, because it's the Heroes for Hire store, they're starting it out with the Heroes for Hire (4* Iron Fist and 3* Luke Cage). Every other day, it seems, it'll be the 4 star in Behemoth if you're over Shield Rank 30, and the 3* from Required Character if you're under Shield Rank 40.

Spoit

Im up to 275 CP. Think Ill just keep saving until the next 5 star pool comes.

This current one is pretty killer. People are talking up thanos as one of the best characters in the game, and hawkguy is not far behind (I'm still skeptical of BP though)

zulux21

This current one is pretty killer. People are talking up thanos as one of the best characters in the game, and hawkguy is not far behind (I'm still skeptical of BP though)

BP does play well with thanos at least.
I mean... I believe he takes reduced damage from the AOE, comes back from the stun doing damage, and can use the black to make a target take more damage.

Spoit

Anyway, I think I'm changing over to latests, at least until thanos is out of them. How many 4* releases from the cutoff is medusa anyway?

zulux21

Is today's challenge doable with a 4/3/3 Peggy? I have never really used her so she is still at level 70, but can be taken to 209.

you would have to be really lucky I think.

you would need to get a ton of red and hope a lot of blue doesn't show up.

the main issue is peggy's blue sucks 1 on 1, and wasp has a good AP steal move and stun once she has some blue.

I am struggling with a level 200 5/3/5 peggy.

edit: finally got her on my third try.

got a blue hawkeye for it.
he is now 0/1/1 for me.

I think if I could pull 2 purple ones for him that he would be usable enough to make a team of him + carol danvers + starlord which seems like it would be a very fun team.

Triz

Rulk, 4*Blade, and Kingpin all buffed and champed in the PVE. That covers the rainbow spectrum and absolutely wrecked all nodes. Blades red is filthy when buffed.

Rulk, 4*Blade, and Kingpin all buffed and champed in the PVE. That covers the rainbow spectrum and absolutely wrecked all nodes. Blades red is filthy when buffed.
I don't have the iso to champ Blade yet, but rhulk, nova, and strange worked pretty well.

Medusa will be my next champion followed by c4ge or bl4de

Triz

I don't have the iso to champ Blade yet, but rhulk, nova, and strange worked pretty well.

Medusa will be my next champion followed by c4ge or bl4de
I highly suggest blade. If you don't collect red he makes strike tiles if you do collect 10 he passively does 5k damage a turn to a random enemy.

Khaz

The RNG is trolling me. I have a two stars wolverine that only needs a yellow cover to get championed, and got a couple of extra red and green from an event. I decided to spend some of my stashed tokens to get that yellow cover. After more than 600 standard tokens and 80 heroic tokens, I now have 15 red and green wolverine covers waiting in my queue.

(The other pulls weren't wasted, it allowed me to champion several others characters and open new slots from the hero points I got from selling maxed two stars. So I didn't entirely waste my time)

zulux21

The RNG is trolling me. I have a two stars wolverine that only needs a yellow cover to get championed, and got a couple of extra red and green from an event. I decided to spend some of my stashed tokens to get that yellow cover. After more than 600 standard tokens and 80 heroic tokens, I now have 15 red and green wolverine covers waiting in my queue.

(The other pulls weren't wasted, it allowed me to champion several others characters and open new slots from the hero points I got from selling maxed two stars. So I didn't entirely waste my time)

my daken is still 0/5/5 with i think 8 extra covers right now lol.
and that is just me pulling the elites that I get from events.

edit: man strange + starlord + captain marvel is fun against a node with at least one goon.
it's doing really well even though my marvel is only 2/2/3 it would be absolutely crazy once I get marvel to 5/5/3 lol.

Spoit

Red Hulk + Carol + Switch. This is working very well considering the fact that I only have one of them fully covered/champed.

Honestly, that's kinda overkill on sub-40k health nodes. A boosted rulk's 18+ green move is enough to wipe out most things, and a 9 before you use the purple is usually enough to cover the gap for other ones. And in those cases, you're probably better off using a (passive) CD accelerator like coulson or falcap. Or double feeding with chulk

Honestly, that's kinda overkill on sub-40k health nodes. A boosted rulk's 18+ green move is enough to wipe out most things, and a 9 before you use the purple is usually enough to cover the gap for other ones. And in those cases, you're probably better off using a (passive) CD accelerator like coulson or falcap. Or double feeding with chulk

This is specifically for the RHulk required node. Most of the nodes right now I'm using Blade + Carol + Strange as long as there's one goon there, or Kingpin + Blade + someone who can create quick/passive countdowns if there isn't (Switch, Chulk, etc). Though I did just get my Coulson up to 9 covers, maybe I should try him out on this team.

Edit: And this is a 1/5/5 Red Hulk (boosted from 160) and a 5/3/3 Carol (at 160). Since the next event is going to give me a Carol black I can't currently use, I decided to attempt the grind for top 10 for the first time in months to get the green to get her one cover away. Don't think I'll make it since I got unucky with my bracket (joined as #979), but it's worth a shot.

you would have to be really lucky I think.

you would need to get a ton of red and hope a lot of blue doesn't show up.

the main issue is peggy's blue sucks 1 on 1, and wasp has a good AP steal move and stun once she has some blue.

I am struggling with a level 200 5/3/5 peggy.

edit: finally got her on my third try.

got a blue hawkeye for it.
he is now 0/1/1 for me.

I think if I could pull 2 purple ones for him that he would be usable enough to make a team of him + carol danvers + starlord which seems like it would be a very fun team.

Thanks for the feedback! I ended up pulling another Peggy yesterday so took her to 229 @ 5/3/3. Got it in the second try-it seems to just be about preventing Wasp from getting 6 blue while I amassed 18 red. Two hits did it.

Dalek

Man Blade is phenomenal. Just get 10 red and he automatically takes 5000 damage off a random enemy every turn. Good lord.

Top Bottom