• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Spoit

Meh, I give up on trying to get this 900 cover. Even getting to the CP threshold, it's a points graveyard, can barely find someone over the low 30s. There's clearly points in this slice, there's tons of people above 1k, some even unshielded! But the MMR system is clearly not cooperating to actually trickle any of it down.

Dalek

Meh, I give up on trying to get this 900 cover. Even getting to the CP threshold, it's a points graveyard, can barely find someone over the low 30s. There's clearly points in this slice, there's tons of people above 1k, some even unshielded! But the MMR system is clearly not cooperating to actually trickle any of it down.

Yeah I just got it but it was brutal.

Spoit

Yeah, kingpin is...okay. And could do good work with SW. But that would just invite a deluge of attacks. Wish I had blade usable

zulux21

Yeah, kingpin is...okay. And could do good work with SW. But that would just invite a deluge of attacks. Wish I had blade usable

kingpin much like 3* punisher is one of those characters that is really easy to fix just by upping the damage.

I mean punisher you just need to move the black damage up quite a bit, and then make the red move so that it does damage first and then downs if 40% or less remains to make him really solid again.

Spoit

Also, I really regret breaking open the taco piggy bank to buy that medusa offer. That CP was another yellow, so now she's 4/0/0

Also, I really regret breaking open the taco piggy bank to buy that medusa offer. That CP was another yellow, so now she's 4/0/0

I don't buy 5th powers at all (unless it's a 13th cover) for that specific reason. I actually thought about the Medusa, decided not because it would be my 5th yellow, then pulled the 5th yellow from a classic Legendary anyway.

Spoit

At the time, it was the 2nd one! I'm probably going to pull the trigger on the nova one too. He's at 2/5/1, with me already throwing at least 2 of the maxed cover out.

Still not as bad as x-23, who is at 5/0/1, with at least 4 wasted covers (and so many solo vault and taco instances where it was that same damn green cover available)

At the time, it was the 2nd one! I'm probably going to pull the trigger on the nova one too. He's at 2/5/1, with me already throwing at least 2 of the maxed cover out.

Still not as bad as x-23, who is at 5/0/1, with at least 4 wasted covers (and so many solo vault and taco instances where it was that same damn green cover available)

I thought about the Nova (I'm at 1/5/4, so it'd be a little more helpful), but I decided I want to wait until it's someone I'm pulling a 12th or 13th cover for.

zulux21

I'll be unloading my tacos with the next vault A. because the change to tacos still looms and B. it will be carol danvers as the 4* in it so ideally i get luck with my 50 tacos.

I'll be unloading my tacos with the next vault A. because the change to tacos still looms and B. it will be carol danvers as the 4* in it so ideally i get luck with my 50 tacos.

That plus the next event being Strange Sights (which should mean 4 vaults, each of which contains a Carol cover) should mean that I'm gonna get Carol champed this week one way or another.

Spoit

That plus the next event being Strange Sights (which should mean 4 vaults, each of which contains a Carol cover) should mean that I'm gonna get Carol champed this week one way or another.

I really want to drag my feet on leveling up strange, since his 183 cover is a yellow nova. And as noted only a few posts ago, it'll probably be a year, probably 2, before I get enough non-yellow covers to champ him

zulux21

My Carol is 3/3/5 and my Medusa is 5/5/2

i think my carol is 2/3/3 and medusa is like 1/2/1

i need more of both badly as they both seem really fun.

(well more so I have already been having quite a bit of fun with carol and starlord. dr strange works well as well against goons as long as I can match some black)

Finished the first 4 clears about a half hour ago, sitting in 10th overall. I think I'm gonna be able to pull this off if I don't get distracted tonight.

Edit: And they replaced the 4* covers in the Strange Sights sub-event vaults with 5CP. There goes the dream of this being easy.

Triz

I had the ultimate pull today. Get the Strange Sights token and pulled the legendary with the first pull.

Pulled a Red Spider Woman who already has 5 red covers...

Operation CP hoard has me at 340CP right now.

To anyone currently playing Strange Sights, did they at least keep the part where Alliance rewards for the sub-events is Event tokens instead of Elite tokens? At least that means I'll get at least 10-12 cracks at the Carol in there without having to buy a pack (which is probably what it'll come down to).

Triz

To anyone currently playing Strange Sights, did they at least keep the part where Alliance rewards for the sub-events is Event tokens instead of Elite tokens? At least that means I'll get at least 10-12 cracks at the Carol in there without having to buy a pack (which is probably what it'll come down to).

yes.

Finished the first 4 clears about a half hour ago, sitting in 10th overall. I think I'm gonna be able to pull this off if I don't get distracted tonight.

Grinded the entire thing down to minimal points, ended up 400 points out of 10th. In the end, just ended up too late into the bracket. Still have about 12 days to try to earn 2 Carol covers that aren't black.

zulux21

Grinded the entire thing down to minimal points, ended up 400 points out of 10th. In the end, just ended up too late into the bracket. Still have about 12 days to try to earn 2 Carol covers that aren't black.

the carol in the tacos was black for me.

also the clash is carol vs 5* iron man.

it wasn't to bad, with my 2/3/3 carol I just let him collect red (the move doesn't hit that hard and in fueling it he would fuel my black) and matched black while not letting him get blue or yellow as those two could hurt.

I only had like 1k life left at the end but did it on my first try just boosting black to +4 (and technically other colors but those didn't matter :p)

zulux21

My Carol hasn't been leveled up yet. :( At least I have 5 days to level her up to beat this.

*looks at your carol* you could likely do it at level 125 without to much trouble.
you just need the hp to be able to take about 5k of damage

given I am having a lot of fun with star lord + carol I decided to champ star lord (my first 4 star champ) so I could switch him from 5/4/4 to 3/5/5 mostly so I could team them up with iron fist making IF's purple merely 3 and leaving an attack tile for carol to boost.

plus I feel like star lord can easily replace SW in winfinite so I will want to play with that once I get my two more prof x covers I need (plus then I could level up prof x more)

the carol in the tacos was black for me.

also the clash is carol vs 5* iron man.

it wasn't to bad, with my 2/3/3 carol I just let him collect red (the move doesn't hit that hard and in fueling it he would fuel my black) and matched black while not letting him get blue or yellow as those two could hurt.

I only had like 1k life left at the end but did it on my first try just boosting black to +4 (and technically other colors but those didn't matter :p)

Yellow Carol in Strange Sights, green in the taco vault. If I can pull both, then I've got it.

Edit: Got the Strange Sights one on my 10th pull. Now it's either hope I can pull her from my taco vault or hope that I can get a bonus hero that isn't black.

zulux21

Yellow Carol in Strange Sights, green in the taco vault. If I can pull both, then I've got it.

Edit: Got the Strange Sights one on my 10th pull. Now it's either hope I can pull her from my taco vault or hope that I can get a bonus hero that isn't black.

yeah.. mine is still just 2/3/3 so I am hoping to get the black from taco and yellow from strange sights as I really want to get her to 5/5/3 so she can fully fill the void my OML has created right now.

with any goon her plus starlord plus IF is really solid.

I haven't figured out the best pairing for non goon nodes, perhaps her starlord and 3 star cap since she can use yellow to repeatedly set off cap's blue/red and gain hp/upgrade strike tiles thanks to starlord.. though once I get wasp or medesua up both seem like great choices as well.

yeah.. mine is still just 2/3/3 so I am hoping to get the black from taco and yellow from strange sights as I really want to get her to 5/5/3 so she can fully fill the void my OML has created right now.

with any goon her plus starlord plus IF is really solid.

I'm generally preferring Strange to IF on goon nodes, you may have to wait until they launch their powers but you hit so, so much harder, and Strange's stun can come in handy when you have that one countdown that you just can't reach. This week with Blade boosted it's him and Carol and you either have 2 different ways to create strike tiles or an extra 3K damage per turn (or sometimes both if you're lucky).

zulux21

I'm generally preferring Strange to IF on goon nodes, you may have to wait until they launch their powers but you hit so, so much harder, and Strange's stun can come in handy when you have that one countdown that you just can't reach. This week with Blade boosted it's him and Carol and you either have 2 different ways to create strike tiles or an extra 3K damage per turn (or sometimes both if you're lucky).

I like strange's healing, but my matches with IF ended in half if not a quarter of the time for the higher level goon nodes.

getting 8 black has proven very troublesome when using carol.

but when you can first IF's purple off for 3 it becomes much easier to get the black.

plus IF then also has an attack tile that can be boosted by all of star lord's count down timers if black is still an issue.

I mean strange with them is likely more sustainable without using health packs, but it was way slower.

Triz

Had almost 400 CP, so I took 3 shots at the 5 stars. Pulled a Blue Wasp, Purple Coulson, and a Green Riri.

The Riri cover would give me 14 covers, now to decide if I want to hoard almost 200k ISO in 2 weeks to champ her.

zulux21

Said screw it and used 240 cp to get the last two iceman covers. He's now champed and I'm back to hoarding.

who do people usually use with him?
I mean I have him and I think I have all the covers i need to champ him, but while I don't think he is bad, I also don't find him amazing either.

that being said he would likely play very well with starlord and carol... so I suppose I could try that and just stun everything :p

Spoit

who do people usually use with him?
I mean I have him and I think I have all the covers i need to champ him, but while I don't think he is bad, I also don't find him amazing either.

that being said he would likely play very well with starlord and carol... so I suppose I could try that and just stun everything :p

IM40. You just need 1 green match to do a pretty good AoE. And then get a 8k punch to finish off one of the stragglers.

DustinC

Hey everyone, quickish question.

I'm at a point where I've champed every two star except Moonstone, and I have enough ISO to do so now, but I lucked into a few more IM40 covers today, and with just a bit more ISO I could champ him too. I've got a few covers waiting in the wings for both.

But my highest 2 star is level 114, so I was worried that champing IM40 might hurt my scaling a bit too much right now.

What do you think?

Spoit

Hey everyone, quickish question.

I'm at a point where I've champed every two star except Moonstone, and I have enough ISO to do so now, but I lucked into a few more IM40 covers today, and with just a bit more ISO I could champ him too. I've got a few covers waiting in the wings for both.

But my highest 2 star is level 114, so I was worried that champing IM40 might hurt my scaling a bit too much right now.

What do you think?

What is your build for him right now? Unless it's like 3 yellow, I'm not sure its really worth it

Triz

Guess Ill chime in and say that I can use both covers...
for once

She is 4/2/1 and at level 152 on my roster.

zulux21

Man this PVE is just eating through my health packs...

what team are you running?

I barely had to use any health packs thanks to all the goon nodes. only node that made me eat some health packs was the doom + two decoy node because they fueled blue and black so fast that I couldn't stop summon demons most of the time.

but yeah I was running IF + carol + star lord though you could easily replace IF with strange to get more healing going on o.o;

zulux21

heh my strange sites tokens didn't give me marvel like I wanted, but it did give me two purple daken covers and another one... thus I got to champ and level my daken up to 104 lol

Dalek

I wonder if we'll get any new Guardians characters during the new movie release?

We could get separate 4* characters for Rocket and Groot.

portrait_incredible.jpg

or Mantis:

65bd5f63b181061c55bbe6fd05706e25.jpg

or Ego:

c5ff0f539ca42152a2ecbae53ed4907d.jpg

Yondu:
0de3c551ce564d3c7f44ce7d7c90c7a8.jpg

Nebula:
george-perez-infinity-gauntlet-no-6-cover-adam-warlock-thanos-nebula-silver-surfer-hulk-and-thor-fighting.jpg

Top Bottom