• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

NineH

I was top 50 in the PvE but the game glitched and gave me 2 purple Mockingbird covers. See if you guys can replicate the glitch.

I had one open slot on my team so when I got the reward, the game auto added her for me to my roster and I got the 10 xp for her. I then noticed I still had her in my roster to train so I did and got a 2nd purple cover. Hopefully you guys can get this to work too since we will have a hard time getting her in tokens now :(

zulux21

as far as I can tell mockingbird's purple passive merely works like a strike tile and not a secondary hit like 2* widow so hands down her build is 5/5/3

Triz

I was top 50 in the PvE but the game glitched and gave me 2 purple Mockingbird covers. See if you guys can replicate the glitch.

I had one open slot on my team so when I got the reward, the game auto added her for me to my roster and I got the 10 xp for her. I then noticed I still had her in my roster to train so I did and got a 2nd purple cover. Hopefully you guys can get this to work too since we will have a hard time getting her in tokens now :(

It happened to me a few events ago. But hard to duplicate...:)

Took a near perfect 7 clear grind on the last day and some very good bracket sniping on the first, but just managed top 10 in Simulator for far and away my best finish in a new release PvE. Also tried to recreate that bug and failed.

zulux21

Managed to champ Riri last night. Not sure who I'm going to put iso into now, it's a freeing feeling.
My plan is merely to hoard until i have 450k iso and then pull until i have someone to champ or until i get a grocket cover and then champ them and repeat. Might even wait until 600k since if there is a progression cover the would finish a champ i would have a buffer there as well

Spoit

Yeah, new riri has been a godsend. Even if you only get a single match 3 with her blue, with the 2 charged tiles, that's still 7 of the 11 red AP she needs for her punch. So with a single IM40 charge, you often are able to get enough to double cast the red, which is usually enough to kill 2 of the people, and send the 3rd into the air. Unless it's a double 4* buffed team, or lvl 350+ goons/juggs/venom

zulux21

Yeah, new riri has been a godsend. Even if you only get a single match 3 with her blue, with the 2 charged tiles, that's still 7 of the 11 red AP she needs for her punch. So with a single IM40 charge, you often are able to get enough to double cast the red, which is usually enough to kill 2 of the people, and send the 3rd into the air. Unless it's a double 4* buffed team, or lvl 350+ goons/juggs/venom

I don't have her blue in a state to try her out seriously, but it's good to hear she works pretty much like I expected her to with her blue. that it would be an awesome red fuel.

I figure she will also play nicely with hulkbuster in boss events that he is boosted.

Spoit

I was impulsive and bought a 40 pack from the pve, since I could use all 4 4*s that were in it. Got the token and R&G, which would let me champ him. So I guess I'm obligated to actually play the pve now, to get more R&G covers

zulux21

This dumb hood+muscle node is worse. Trufax, I just straight up wiped on it 3 times in a row. So much for trying for top 10

Might I recommend Carnage + Medusa + Iceman?

the attack tile damage from Carnage alone should make decently quick work of hood without needing any AP.
matching his special tiles either gets you HP or gets you green, purple or blue.

the purple can be used with medusa to steal away muscle tiles
the green can be used for a massive AOE
and the blue can be used to stun any muscle that is getting close to firing off a tommy gun?

also just a friendly reminder that at the end of this week and for a period of 10 days or so I won't be doing much in MPQ, can't even gurantee a daily log in but I will try to do at least that.

Dalek

Damn-I pulled the Mockingbird cover from the Rocket vault. Then I pulled another Riri from a Heroic token-giving me 6 Riri covers on the vine. Yikes.

Spoit

Might I recommend Carnage + Medusa + Iceman?

the attack tile damage from Carnage alone should make decently quick work of hood without needing any AP.
matching his special tiles either gets you HP or gets you green, purple or blue.

the purple can be used with medusa to steal away muscle tiles
the green can be used for a massive AOE
and the blue can be used to stun any muscle that is getting close to firing off a tommy gun?

also just a friendly reminder that at the end of this week and for a period of 10 days or so I won't be doing much in MPQ, can't even gurantee a daily log in but I will try to do at least that.

That might be a level thing, again. Since the problem isn't actually hood, it's the muscle tiles giving like 3k worth of strikes a cast, often getting up to 6-7k a match before you have enough AP to even cast a 6AP recharge. Which I'm pretty sure giving them a double dip with attack tiles won't really help much, especially since unboosted characters would be in the mid-10ks worth of health. Even with medusa's healing, 3k match damage+3k attack tile damage....would kill one of those guys pretty quickly

zulux21

That might be a level thing, again. Since the problem isn't actually hood, it's the muscle tiles giving like 3k worth of strikes a cast, often getting up to 6-7k a match before you have enough AP to even cast a 6AP recharge. Which I'm pretty sure giving them a double dip with attack tiles won't really help much, especially since unboosted characters would be in the mid-10ks worth of health. Even with medusa's healing, 3k match damage+3k attack tile damage....would kill one of those guys pretty quickly

I wasn't having any trouble at 300 but I am sure you are higher.

the main thing for me is iceman can stun them to keep them from dropping the tiles, and if they do medusa can steal them but if you can't get enough going fast enough that won't really help Isuppose.

Triz

Have Iron Fist 15 levels from the cap sonI will finish him tomorrow or the next day. But hyped for next pve because it gives out Grocket blue and my 13th cover.

zulux21

Have Iron Fist 15 levels from the cap sonI will finish him tomorrow or the next day. But hyped for next pve because it gives out Grocket blue and my 13th cover.

the PVE is just depressing for me as I won't be able to get the progression as I don't think I can get enough points grinding thurs and friday to get there and won't be able to grind after that.

Same here (about Webbed Wonder).

the PVE is just depressing for me as I won't be able to get the progression as I don't think I can get enough points grinding thurs and friday to get there and won't be able to grind after that.

It's a 3 day PvE, so in 2 days you should be able to grind enough to get the 4 star cover and maybe the 8CP. Especially since it has wave nodes.

zulux21

Same here (about Webbed Wonder).

It's a 3 day PvE, so in 2 days you should be able to grind enough to get the 4 star cover and maybe the 8CP. Especially since it has wave nodes.

I am packing for a trip really don't have time to grind a puzzle game for like 8 hours to get a single cover of a character

zulux21

I just cleared the whole first slice in about 40 minutes, I think 8 hours is a stretch ;)

I rarely actually focus on the game just do it while playing other things so even if I have good boosted characters it tends to take a few hours for 6 clears.

NineH

I bought a Mockingbird 40 pack because why not and I had some HP burning a hole in my pocket. I don't know what I was thinking. I got

1 Mockingbird
11 3* covers
28 2* covers
5 3* bonus heroes.

Oh well, won't be making that same mistake in the future.

Spoit

I bought a Mockingbird 40 pack because why not and I had some HP burning a hole in my pocket. I don't know what I was thinking. I got

1 Mockingbird
11 3* covers
28 2* covers
5 3* bonus heroes.

Oh well, won't be making that same mistake in the future.

? you got the cover. That seems like it's worth it to me?

Besides, it's not like there's much else to spend HP on. Just shields and slots

Dalek

Man I wish my Rocket was leveled for this PVE. Tomorrow I should get enough ISO to Champion Riri and finally use these 7 covers of hers.

Spoit

I'm waffling on who to champ. I have like 4 gamora covers and 2 rocket covers, but only enough ISO to champ one of them.

zulux21

and no more roster screwing up your pve scaling

Starting with Unstable Iso-8 on Sunday, August 6th at 7:00 am EDT, all Story Events going forward will have difficulty based on S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels.
Enemy levels will now start at the same base level. In the table below, the starting level and the maximum level after 4 clears can be seen.
Placement rewards have been updated for SCL 7 and 8
We reduced the difficulty of Hard, Final, and 4-Star Required missions in SCL 8 by as much as 20% in some instances

eorz5ndy74m3.png

if you want to see the new placement rewards you can click
https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/...i-e-l-d-clearance-levels-update-8-3-17#latest

but in general I figure I will be sticking to the scl7 stuff unless I have a crazy good boosted team like the current pve

NineH

? you got the cover. That seems like it's worth it to me?

Besides, it's not like there's much else to spend HP on. Just shields and slots

I'm just thinking that spending 15000 HP wasn't worth it for one 4* and a smattering of 3*s. You are right though with the HP. I'm just spending it on the daily deals nowadays since I'm accumulating too much of it.

Spoit

I'm just thinking that spending 15000 HP wasn't worth it for one 4* and a smattering of 3*s. You are right though with the HP. I'm just spending it on the daily deals nowadays since I'm accumulating too much of it.

You're probably better off saving to 20k or whatever until you can buy out a whole 80 item vault. a random hero token here or there isn't going to do much good, whereas sniping a cover you actually need? probably a lot more useful

You're probably better off saving to 20k or whatever until you can buy out a whole 80 item vault. a random hero token here or there isn't going to do much good, whereas sniping a cover you actually need? probably a lot more useful

My plan right now is to save up and go crazy on the Anniversary vaults.

That's a great idea actually. I think it's coming in October?

it should and yeah that should be a decent idea even if the anniversary stuff keeps getting worse and worse.

Yeah, it should be like second or third week of October. Lucky for me, it's also right before my personal anniversary (it looks like I joined a week or so after it 2 years ago), so I get good supply drops around it as well. Last year I think I ended up with about 9 Devil Dino covers and about 6-8 other 4 star covers from buying like 5-6 ten packs on that vault.

Yeah, it should be like second or third week of October. Lucky for me, it's also right before my personal anniversary (it looks like I joined a week or so after it 2 years ago), so I get good supply drops around it as well. Last year I think I ended up with about 9 Devil Dino covers and about 6-8 other 4 star covers from buying like 5-6 ten packs on that vault.

I am at 13 Dino covers. If I get another one I know I will champ him. I don't want to but I will have to

Triz

Yeah Im at 13 covers for DD too but Haven't put ISO into him since level 171. But I would have to champ just for champ sake if I pulled 14.

So, when should I really start recruiting 4*'s? I have about 15 3*'s champed and am wondering if I should start filling roster spots with more three stars that I don't have or start getting fours.

Any advice would be appreciated.

So, when should I really start recruiting 4*'s? I have about 15 3*'s champed and am wondering if I should start filling roster spots with more three stars that I don't have or start getting fours.

Any advice would be appreciated.

You should always be recruiting 4*s. The better question is when you should start leveling them. And I would say you're about there right now. IMO, level your best 4*s to about where your 3 stars are right now (160-180), and try to get a feel for which ones play well together. From there you can decide which ones to champ when you get enough covers to do so.

You should always be recruiting 4*s. The better question is when you should start leveling them. And I would say you're about there right now. IMO, level your best 4*s to about where your 3 stars are right now (160-180), and try to get a feel for which ones play well together. From there you can decide which ones to champ when you get enough covers to do so.

Thanks for the advice. I only have one four star on my roster right now (Blade) and he's about level 190.

Top Bottom