• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Spoit

Regardless, that's sill 46 nodes a day. And remember, the original point of argument was that the _40_ for pvp was about twice as much of a grind as normal. Amortized over 2 and a half days. Even if you ignored the 15 grinds for the trivial node, that's still more of a grind every single day than pvp is for a whole event.

Regardless, that's sill 46 nodes a day. And remember, the original point of argument was that the _40_ for pvp was about twice as much of a grind as normal. Amortized over 2 and a half days. Even if you ignored the 15 grinds for the trivial node, that's still more of a grind every single day than pvp is for a whole event.

46 nodes a day for max progression in PvE. If you were just going for the 4 star cover (the 40 in PvP equlivalent), it's about 19 (2 clears per day is supposed to be enough for that). 28 if you want to add the first CP reward on top of that (the closest equivalent to the 10CP reward in PvP). Ignoring trivials puts us at 12/13 and 18/19. And all of those fights will be easier than the fights in PvP outside of seeds. And you get more 3* covers and more ISO in that progression than you do from PvP.

And I agree with you that 40 fights is too much.

Spoit

I disagree that pvp nodes are necessarily harder. Unless you are at the 5* level, fighting other 5*s, you aren't fighting people with 40k+ HP. Which are being fed AP from goons. (seriously fuck that Juggs/pyro node, or like half of the carnage nodes from the last event). Or having ridiculousness like muscles.

By comparison, with the MMR, PvP fights are on pretty much an even playing field. And if you don't care about retaliations, you can always dip down and beat up lower tier teams trivially for crappy points.

And even at 18 fights a day...that's not that many fewer than it takes for a whole pvp. (I'll try to count them while going for this vulture cover this weekend)

I disagree that pvp nodes are necessarily harder. Unless you are at the 5* level, fighting other 5*s, you aren't fighting people with 40k+ HP. Which are being fed AP from goons. (seriously fuck that Juggs/pyro node, or like half of the carnage nodes from the last event). Or having ridiculousness like muscles.

By comparison, with the MMR, PvP fights are on pretty much an even playing field. And if you don't care about retaliations, you can always dip down and beat up lower tier teams trivially for crappy points.

And even at 18 fights a day...that's not that many fewer than it takes for a whole pvp. (I'll try to count them while going for this vulture cover this weekend)

I have a roster with about 15 or so champed 4 stars, and one 5 star at 270. If I only played to 2 clears, the highest level enemies I would face would be about level 250-260, IIRC. And that would only be for 2 nodes. Everything else would be somewhere between a little easier to much easier than that. There are very few nodes in all of PvE that are tricky when you have them over-leveled by that much. As compared to PvP, where most matches I'm fighting characters that are at that level at a minimum (boosted champed 3 stars).

zulux21

when the SCL scaling comes in if it is left with where it is at SCL shouldn't be nearly as bad for you.

Spoit

when the SCL scaling comes in if it is left with where it is at SCL shouldn't be nearly as bad for you.

Yeah, I'm like halfway between the proposed SCL7 and 8 levels.

But no, no it really won't be better. Since those 5* people will be doing their 20 minute clears and making it impossible to compete with them

Dispatch

I had 14 Health Packs when I entered the PVP. I used a champed Lady Thor, 1 4/43 Moon Knight and a champed Iron Man Mark 40.

In about twenty minutes, I got to 18 wins before I ran out of Health Packs.

I like that a win won't be taken away from me. I haven't worried about a top placement in PVP for a long time. I found it to be too stressful and frustrating. So, this system works for me.

What will be a problem going forward, I think, is the speed of getting to 22 wins. I think most of us like to use one team for most of the event. If that's the case , then, unless I get lucky with some quick Iron Man yellow matches, I'm going to get three wins every time my ten health packs recharge. That's going to be a pretty long grind to get to 40.

Spoit

Yeah, I probably did like mid-low 20 fights to get to this shield, 2 fights away from 900. Used maybe 6 medpacks the whole time?

Not sure why you'd use a moon knight that was that woefully undercovered, just use a 3* instead

zulux21

huh...
bwKe33x.png

Spoit

Ugh, I had to use a 2nd shield because this 2nd fight I had queued was only 16 points, instead of the 42 it said it was

zulux21

Yeah, I'm like halfway between the proposed SCL7 and 8 levels.

But no, no it really won't be better. Since those 5* people will be doing their 20 minute clears and making it impossible to compete with them

also didn't respond earlier...
but... so don't?

I mean if you don't like the grind of PVE in general... why in the hell would you do it?

Ignore the rankings, just do the progression up to the rewards you feel are worth the grind.

for me that is typically just the 4* cover. I haven't a clue what rank I am in the hulk event right now. just know I am on pace to get my two 4* vulture covers.

Spoit

Now wouldn't it be better if this cover was at 30 wins instead of 900 points?

Nope, I lost count, but it was definitely under 25. And with HfH neutered, it's not like there's anything else to spend HP on.

also didn't respond earlier...
but... so don't?

I mean if you don't like the grind of PVE in general... why in the hell would you do it?

Ignore the rankings, just do the progression up to the rewards you feel are worth the grind.

for me that is typically just the 4* cover. I haven't a clue what rank I am in the hulk event right now. just know I am on pace to get my two 4* vulture covers.

I don't. I only play new release and ones where I need the prog 4*.

Which is why all my comments are wrt competitive pve

Nope, I lost count, but it was definitely under 25. And with HfH neutered, it's not like there's anything else to spend HP on.

I don't. I only play new release and ones where I need the prog 4*.

Which is why all my comments are wrt competitive pve

Top 10 competitive PvE has never been worth it. Top 50 competitive PvE isn't that hard (especially if you even casually bracket snipe like I do). A grind, but not a difficult one.

Spoit

Top 10 competitive PvE has never been worth it. Top 50 competitive PvE isn't that hard (especially if you even casually bracket snipe like I do). A grind, but not a difficult one.

If you're going to do 7 clears anyway, might as well do them optimally. Then it's only 1 (2+ fucking hour) sitting

If you're going to do 7 clears anyway, might as well do them optimally. Then it's only 1 (2+ fucking hour) sitting

I cannot play this game for 2 hours straight on anything that approaches a semi-consistent basis. I've tried it before, and it straight up makes me want to not touch my phone for a week. Like, I can do it for a day or two in a row, and I've tried longer, but anything more than that is just a no-go.

Spoit

I cannot play this game for 2 hours straight on anything that approaches a semi-consistent basis. I've tried it before, and it straight up makes me want to not touch my phone for a week. Like, I can do it for a day or two in a row, and I've tried longer, but anything more than that is just a no-go.

Well, yes, this is why I resent the hell out of it.

Still better than the 2.5 hour clears, which still had a 6 stack final clear, though thankfully only a single initial one

Triz

Hit a top 10 finish in the Hulk....then realized I couldn't even use the Miles cover as I already had 5. Hilarious...

Dispatch

I just hit 40 wins in the PVP and only had 800 points.

I much preferred this method than watching my point total rise and fall. I logged in and had lost 158 points and didn't really care because it didn't push me any further from getting the 4 star cover.

Since I like this change, I'm sure it won't stick. :)

Dalek

I just hit 40 wins in the PVP and only had 800 points.

I much preferred this method than watching my point total rise and fall. I logged in and had lost 158 points and didn't really care because it didn't push me any further from getting the 4 star cover.

Since I like this change, I'm sure it won't stick. :)

Yeah I like it too-but I wonder if it will stick. On the forums there was someone complaining that there wasn't a way for him to ruin other people's score anymore. He said that it was a competition and he wanted to prevent other people from reaching their progression award.

Dalek

Crap I was so busy with work this morning I forgot about sinister six-and now you guys are on round 4. So many points I missed out on!

If we get all 3 covers, I get her to 280 and another legendary token, so I care, but I'm not going to be super upset at people if they decide they don't.

DD-11

Is there a better 4* than carol? I just champed her and put her with rocket/blade and a 6 cover Medusa and the team is unstoppable.

zulux21

Is there a better 4* than carol? I just champed her and put her with rocket/blade and a 6 cover Medusa and the team is unstoppable.

maybe peggy or iceman depending on what you need but nah carol is great.

I have been running Carol, a 2/3/2 4* grocket and 3* star ironman on non goon nodes
and carol + 3* IF + starlord on goon nodes.

DD-11

maybe peggy or iceman depending on what you need but nah carol is great.

I have been running Carol, a 2/3/2 4* grocket and 3* star ironman on non goon nodes
and carol + 3* IF + starlord on goon nodes.

Yeah star lord is also a great team up with her with his passive countdown tile creation power.

zulux21

Yeah star lord is also a great team up with her with his passive countdown tile creation power.

yup he creates countdowns,
IF's purple goes to 3 costing to generate black to power Carol's angry black move
and Carol's yellow drops to 3 to make it easy to explode any black tile you want or speed up special tile growth by exploding starlord's tiles.

the reason I like the first team is because Grocket puts strike tiles out, then recharge is 3 countdown tiles to boost those and then grocket's blue and green both play super well with those.

green does an extra match and then explodes for damage doubling the value of all the strike tiles and blue constantly goes off and adds attack tiles.

DD-11

IF's purple goes to 3 costing to generate black to power Carol's angry black move
and Carol's yellow drops to 3 to make it easy to explode any black tile you want or speed up special tile growth by exploding starlord's tiles.

the reason I like the first team is because Grocket puts strike tiles out, then recharge is 3 countdown tiles to boost those and then grocket's blue and green both play super well with those.

green does an extra match and then explodes for damage doubling the value of all the strike tiles and blue constantly goes off and adds attack tiles.

Yeah, that sounds deadly. I've got IF and Ironman champed too so I've got to try these teams.

Dalek

Oh man-I bought a Hulk token before the vault dropped off and I got the Vulture cover.

Woo woo...

Shit I never even thought about this....

zulux21

Oh man-I bought a Hulk token before the vault dropped off and I got the Vulture cover.

Woo woo...

Shit I never even thought about this....

nice :p

oh the other nice little bonus I forgot to mention with IF and starlord.

worst case if you are sucking it up... you always have an attack tile for the countdown tiles to buff :p

hmmmm I wonder how well Riri + Rags + prof x will be.

Riri for 9 blue should most of the time make 13 red and a 5 match as she dragons 4 tiles to the center turns them red and charge them. Prof X will then make 4 blue ap for that 5 match.

Rags can then use that red to fire his red twice to generate 8 random blue tiles ideally making some matches to let riri fire her blue again.

I doubt it will be quite enough to be an infinite combo but should be fun.

Dalek

OK War Machine championed.

Now with all these Riri covers-can I get her from 155 to 270 in 14 days? I'm pretty sure that's doable.

Still no 5* Doc Ock or Spidey for me...

zulux21

S.H.E.E.P. is on the last round. Should be plenty of time to finish.

we are most of the way through 7. no clue if we will make it through all of them though as we are going at a much slower pace than last time and my motivation after the first 24 hours to do more than the bosses every 8 hours drops quite a bit due to the horrid scaling on unlock nodes.

Triz

I just hit max progression...

And had the best luck ever.

Pull Legendary token from the vault, get 5* spiderman blue.

Get Progression Legendary, pull 5* Spiderman Green with Bonus Back Bolt black!

Then get legendary for Luke Cage Champ level and pull 5* Doc Oc green.

Get me some lotto tickets. Four 5* in a row.

DD-11

just got 2 and eventually ideally 3 from the current event.

you normally don't have the iso to have all your 4* at their max level thus he likely has all the covers just not leveled.

Ah, ok that makes sense. I'm cover constrained now, but I'm down to 60k. I've always had at least 300k, but I've hit a level now where 4&5* are easier to earn.

zulux21

man champ medusa + champ 4* blade + almost champ carnage is so crazy.

I don't know if it is possible to lose in PVP with this them as long as I pay a little attention.

healing tiles made from both carnage and blade...
ap gen from carnage
and then blade just goes on a ranpage

best part is it's a complete counter to strange as you don't need to fire a move.

Top Bottom