• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

You know what would help with figuring that out...If the developer had the competence to place that info in the tooltip when hovering over it. ;)

idk...
i thought it was pretty obvious personally.
it clearly wasn't a normal countdown tile.

edit:

man personal progression is going to be really easy.
it's only been the first round and I am already 25% done with it. at this rate there is a decent chance I will finish it before the huge scaling for unlock nodes happens.

Spoit

yeah...
the reactor doesn't have a color until then.
it's like 5* strange's tile and what not.

once you remove all the tentacles it becomes green.
but you can remove it with powers or 4/5 matches before then.

Does it allow you to damage him if you get rid of it with a row match, while he still has tentacles out?

Teen jean is a godsend for this boss rush, she takes care of like all the tentacles, and all of venom's invis tiles (and remember, aoes still hit invis targets). Though I dread what's going to happen once the scaling kicks in

zulux21

Does it allow you to damage him if you get rid of it with a row match, while he still has tentacles out?

Teen jean is a godsend for this boss rush, she takes care of like all the tentacles, and all of venom's invis tiles (and remember, aoes still hit invis targets). Though I dread what's going to happen once the scaling kicks in

the tentacles are instantly removed if you take out the reactor with a 4 match.

as for venom... his inviso is a bit of a pain, but they are all removed when you get to 5 thus if you bring someone like hulkbuster on higher levels you should be able to easily one shot him.

Triz

Been using 4* Blade for the AOE damage every turn.

Edit* Helps that mine is like 285

zulux21

Been using 4* Blade for the AOE damage every turn.

Edit* Helps that mine is like 285

how are you getting an AOE every turn.
his red move is merely a single target randomly chosen (which against 1 enemy is fine but hardly an aoe)

his aoe is green and I don't see how you could fire that every turn.

Triz

how are you getting an AOE every turn.
his red move is merely a single target randomly chosen (which against 1 enemy is fine but hardly an aoe)

his aoe is green and I don't see how you could fire that every turn.

my bad Single target damage against venom even when invisible.

IM40, 4Thor, and Grey Suit Black Widow getting it done currently. And the only reason I really need GSBW is for Doc Oc. Could swap her out for Teen Jean (who isn't boosted).

zulux21

IM40, 4Thor, and Grey Suit Black Widow getting it done currently. And the only reason I really need GSBW is for Doc Oc. Could swap her out for Teen Jean (who isn't boosted).

I am running hulkbuster, 4 star cyclops, and iron fist.

IF and cyclops yellow fuel black and red.
hulkbuster murders things.

get some team up and 4 star cyclops takes care of doc oc just fine

I am running hulkbuster, 4 star cyclops, and iron fist.

IF and cyclops yellow fuel black and red.
hulkbuster murders things.

get some team up and 4 star cyclops takes care of doc oc just fine

Unfortunately, my 3/3/5 Hulkbuster won't really cut it. But I could replace 4Thor with Cyc for extra board control.

Spoit

Yeah, now that you guys pointed out that you can just wait out venom, I switched over, and chulk is definitely a lot better at dealing with these invuln guys. (After losing a match with JG when I couldn't get any purple matches, and the reactor was stuck in the bottom corner)

zulux21

new round should be going live soon.

and live. it seems that if you are the one to trigger it you don't unlock the boss you did :p

or perhaps I was just to late.

zulux21

What do you guys think of the new 5*? Should I go for it or just farm as many command points as I can ??

quick glance. spidey is likely top 3 5* no problem.

here's why.
dV5sLSX.png
either cheap way to make web titles or an amazing team stun

decent multi hit green attack. not amazing but solid thus why I have it at 3.

so creating 2 web titles is nice, and the move itself isn't bad.

so by himself he isn't amazing. the stun is nice but a bit expensive for him to do it by himself. Enter Miles.

6 purple puts 5 web tiles on the board instantly making both spidey's red and blue work.

and spidey's passive means you can just match web tiles as fast as possible to build up purple, blue and red quickly. and it makes more web tiles.

miles red doesn't matter here, but those two together mean that once you fire off either yellow or purple there is a good chance that you will be able to stun the enemy team and never let them be unlocked.

There are two great teamates I can think of off the top of my head.

In the case the blue is just a touch to expensive to keep going Starlord could make a great teammate. His passive that reduces costs would reduce the cost of all the moves of interest. making the blue a mere 4 to cast and should really keep the enemy from never having another turn assuming that you don't match starlord's tile away.

another solid teamate would be spidergwen as she could keep constantly healing and make it so you shouldn't ever need any health packs.

another one if you are just worried about stun locking the enemy would be 4* cyclops. since spidey's top color is blue his yellow would make 4 blue each time you matched team attack.

hehe i guess i can build up.

also boy venom builds up faster now as he makes two per turn.

Renkax

quick glance. spidey is likely top 3 5* no problem.

here's why.

either cheap way to make web titles or an amazing team stun

decent multi hit green attack. not amazing but solid thus why I have it at 3.

so creating 2 web titles is nice, and the move itself isn't bad.

so by himself he isn't amazing. the stun is nice but a bit expensive for him to do it by himself. Enter Miles.

6 purple puts 5 web tiles on the board instantly making both spidey's red and blue work.

and spidey's passive means you can just match web tiles as fast as possible to build up purple, blue and red quickly. and it makes more web tiles.

miles red doesn't matter here, but those two together mean that once you fire off either yellow or purple there is a good chance that you will be able to stun the enemy team and never let them be unlocked.

There are two great teamates I can think of off the top of my head.

In the case the blue is just a touch to expensive to keep going Starlord could make a great teammate. His passive that reduces costs would reduce the cost of all the moves of interest. making the blue a mere 4 to cast and should really keep the enemy from never having another turn assuming that you don't match starlord's tile away.

another solid teamate would be spidergwen as she could keep constantly healing and make it so you shouldn't ever need any health packs.

another one if you are just worried about stun locking the enemy would be 4* cyclops. since spidey's top color is blue his yellow would make 4 blue each time you matched team attack.

hehe i guess i can build up.

also boy venom builds up faster now as he makes two per turn.

This is all interesting I had a thought of this too with venom a while back but it seems like 5*Spidey is amazing!

I haven't on this game a lot since I'm new and all I yet to have miles or spidey Gwen , all I got is Gwen look 0/2/0 😂

zulux21

This is all interesting I had a thought of this too with venom a while back but it seems like 5*Spidey is amazing!

I haven't on this game a lot since I'm new and all I yet to have miles or spidey Gwen , all I got is Gwen look 0/2/0 ��

if you aren't very far into the 4* stuff you really have two choices at this point.

once you have a number of 3* champs (like 15 or so most likely) you can start going for 4* or you could just save up thousands of CP and go crazy when the latest is solid (which would be potentially after doc oc goes out because he kind of sucks)

edit: awe I missed reaching max progression in two rounds by like 6k which is how much I missed killing sandman once lol.

progression is stupid easy this time around, I will continue to work on stuff for a bit, but i don't think getting max progression as an alliance should be that hard either.

Spoit

What do you guys think of the new 5*? Should I go for it or just farm as many command points as I can ??

You still don't have all your 3*s usable right? Don't pull 5*s, or they'll really screw up your scaling, and maybe even your PvP MMR.

What you want to do is just stockpile them until you have a few (like 3-5?) thousand, and all 3 5*s in the latest legends are great to top tier. And then you go ahead and burn it all, so that you can champ all 3 of them and skip the 4* tier altogether

(you also need to stockpile a few million ISO to level them to champing. I forget how much each one cost, like 3/4 of a mil?)

zulux21

You still don't have all your 3*s usable right? Don't pull 5*s, or they'll really screw up your scaling, and maybe even your PvP MMR.

What you want to do is just stockpile them until you have a few (like 3-5?) thousand, and all 3 5*s in the latest legends are great to top tier. And then you go ahead and burn it all, so that you can champ all 3 of them and skip the 4* tier altogether

(you also need to stockpile a few million ISO to level them to champing. I forget how much each one cost, like 3/4 of a mil?)

I am seeing 553,929 per character

but yeah 5* screw up your scaling.... for now.

really even if you can jump to 5* I wouldn't do it, it would be boring.
such a limited and hard to cover roster, champing them would lock out most of the rest of your roster :/

Spoit

So after futzing around with various iterations of HB/IM40 C&D and jean.....I've found that the real MVP of this challenge is chulk, so much so that I'm not sure how I'm going to do it in the next iteration without him boosted. Especially since they'll probably make the points not quite so ludicrously easy.

At least at these current rounds, chulk+coulson just walks all over everything. Grab the 12 blue, and his punch is enough to ohko these bosses, which actually does do damage if it takes out the reactor/invis tiles with the punch.

Blank!

3* Land: IM40, Black Widow, Hulk are all boosted. There's a multitude of ways around invisibility/tile destruction. Haven't had much an issue other than starting the fight against carnage or sandman. It's easy to build AP against Ock and Venom.

MiTYH

Wooo! Finally pulled 1000 HP in the taco tokens!

Which begs the question -- Red-Riri or Blue-New Rocket/Groot? I've got both, not sure who to recruit

brickface

Wooo! Finally pulled 1000 HP in the taco tokens!

Which begs the question -- Red-Riri or Blue-New Rocket/Groot? I've got both, not sure who to recruit

I'd go with Rocket/Groot. I've got Riri and used her for the first time in the DDQ. She bloody shielded Iron Man's defense tiles, the silly bint. Had to boost her to win and got a Coulson

I'd go with Rocket/Groot. I've got Riri and used her for the first time in the DDQ. She bloody shielded Iron Man's defense tiles, the silly bint. Had to boost her to win and got a Coulson

When the tiles are locked, they aren't effective anymore. Either way, you shouldn't really use blue unless you can use red immediately after.

My Riri is 4/2/3 with no ISO dumped into her. I have a decent amount to spare though - if I take her to 188 do I stand a chance against HB?

Edit: That last Alliance push got me the 13th cover for 4* Captain Marvel. She's worth champing right?

My Riri is 4/2/3 with no ISO dumped into her. I have a decent amount to spare though - if I take her to 188 do I stand a chance against HB?

Edit: That last Alliance push got me the 13th cover for 4* Captain Marvel. She's worth champing right?

With only 2 covers in Red, it'll be difficult unless you get a lucky board.

Also, YES. Cap Marvel might be the best 4* in the game currently.

With only 2 covers in Red, it'll be difficult unless you get a lucky board.

Also, YES. Cap Marvel might be the best 4* in the game currently.

Thanks!

What's her best loadout? Same question for Peggy actually - I'm going to just buy her last cover and champ her so I can use my soon-to-expire dupe.

S.H.E.E.P. has one open spot for a daily player. There is still room to join the spider event if you haven't started it yet. We are on round 7.

Triz

Champ RiRi finished off Hulkbuster Easily. I also pulled the legendary token with the event token. So two pulls on the legendary vault 2 5*s, Star Lord Green giving me full color range, and Blue Doctor Octopus.

If only I could have that luck with Spiderman vault. 6 pulls and no luck.

It was damn easy for max progression in the event though.

Dalek

Champ RiRi finished off Hulkbuster Easily. I also pulled the legendary token with the event token. So two pulls on the legendary vault 2 5*s, Star Lord Green giving me full color range, and Blue Doctor Octopus.

If only I could have that luck with Spiderman vault. 6 pulls and no luck.

It was damn easy for max progression in the event though.

yeah I did six pulls and no Spidey either. Feels bad, man. I did champion Coulson though. Any advice for teams to revolve around him? I can't quite get a handle on how he works best.

zulux21

Thanks!

What's her best loadout? Same question for Peggy actually - I'm going to just buy her last cover and champ her so I can use my soon-to-expire dupe.

both pegggy and carol use different load outs depending on what you want to do with them

my generic carol setting is 5/5/3 as the green move is decent, but the boost from 4 to 5 covers isn't much unless the enemy is matching the same top color as you. thus if you have a match that that would be the case then it could be worth switching, but in general it's not worth it.

peggy I run at 5/3/5 again the boost from 3 to 5 on the yellow isn't huge. increasing AP of moves by 4 instead of 3 isn't nearly as game changing as the damage increases on her red and blue. That being said the AP cost increase could work as a deterring for PVP so some people run her with that in PVP.

Not only pulled a 5* Spidey on my 6th pull (personal progression), it was Red, too, so I got the auto web tile creation. will take him for a spin with just this, and getting a blue will make him great for trying out the spider team.

zulux21

Not only pulled a 5* Spidey on my 6th pull (personal progression), it was Red, too, so I got the auto web tile creation. will take him for a spin with just this, and getting a blue will make him great for trying out the spider team.

that's cool.

I will continue to work on the boss stuff but likely only as it unlocks. likely won't bother with any of the waves.

I really don't think I am needed to go hard into this anymore we have two days to finish it off, I imagine we will finish after the 11 refresh tomorrow, if I am wrong and we get to the last round and we still haven't done it I will do it more seriously :p

Renkax

I've been running 2*s with my 3* luke , spidey 3* and Doc oct 5* .

mzHZxGd

C9jaw7Y

Debating whether or not to try for 900 in this Beast PVP. PunMax and either Carol or Fist are good teams, but they only got me to about 650 before I ran out of health packs, and everything above this is basically either Iceman + Hulkbuster or Iceman + IM40. And that green only puts me a 5/2/5 for Thing.

Spoit

Debating whether or not to try for 900 in this Beast PVP. PunMax and either Carol or Fist are good teams, but they only got me to about 650 before I ran out of health packs, and everything above this is basically either Iceman + Hulkbuster or Iceman + IM40. And that green only puts me a 5/2/5 for Thing.

If you'd had IM or HB champed, I would have said yes, but with neither? I'm not so sure

If you'd had IM or HB champed, I would have said yes, but with neither? I'm not so sure

Game made the decision for me. Started getting hammered once I got above 800. Luckily I got my shield up after the first couple hits (and watched 5-6 more come in afterwards).

zulux21

hmmm thanos wasn't that hard with my level 147 2/2/3 warmachine.

just denied green and purple (green fuels warmachine but has a chance of not doing a lot of damage since you might be able to match away thanos' green tile but purple is dangerous)
and thanos has priority to match black so as long as you leave black matches for him he won't collect purple or green often.

Triz

hmmm thanos wasn't that hard with my level 147 2/2/3 warmachine.

just denied green and purple (green fuels warmachine but has a chance of not doing a lot of damage since you might be able to match away thanos' green tile but purple is dangerous)
and thanos has priority to match black so as long as you leave black matches for him he won't collect purple or green often.

Warachine is champed on my Roster and he was cake. Pulled a yellow Grocket. another target to dump ISO into I want to champ him next and he is at 9 covers.

zulux21

Vulture is up in preview and if I am reading him right I think he will be a must have.

for 6 black (much like iron man's 6 yellow) he goes airborn.

at the start of turn if he is airborn you get ap.
for 3 covers it is 3 green 2 blue 2 black and 1 red.
at 5 covers it is 4 green 3 blue 2 black and 1 red.

his black makes him airborn for 2 turns so if it triggers right for 6 black AP you get
8 green, 6 blue, 4 black and 2 red.

not quite as great as ironman but... it triggers faster without countdown tiles to protect, and mostly fuels the next launch into the sky.

his green and blue aren't bad, his green will likely do around 6.5k at level 270 and if you shoot it off before going airborn it will do enemy team damage.

his blue is a decent special tile remover.

but yeah a 4 star battery will be a nice addition especially since he generates green.

Took 4 tries with my 5/1/3 120 War Machine, and this is the first one I've had to use boosts to beat this cycle. I'm still able to keep the streak of beating every one Crash this cycle, though.

Spoit

Vulture is up in preview and if I am reading him right I think he will be a must have.

for 6 black (much like iron man's 6 yellow) he goes airborn.

at the start of turn if he is airborn you get ap.
for 3 covers it is 3 green 2 blue 2 black and 1 red.
at 5 covers it is 4 green 3 blue 2 black and 1 red.

his black makes him airborn for 2 turns so if it triggers right for 6 black AP you get
8 green, 6 blue, 4 black and 2 red.

not quite as great as ironman but... it triggers faster without countdown tiles to protect, and mostly fuels the next launch into the sky.

his green and blue aren't bad, his green will likely do around 6.5k at level 270 and if you shoot it off before going airborn it will do enemy team damage.

his blue is a decent special tile remover.

but yeah a 4 star battery will be a nice addition especially since he generates green.

Yeah, only needing 2 AP to fuel the next launch is also pretty silly. Are there any other (good) green/blues like iceman? Maybe punmax?

zulux21

Yeah, only needing 2 AP to fuel the next launch is also pretty silly. Are there any other (good) green/blues like iceman? Maybe punmax?

yeah really iceman plus him will likely be great.

get him going, launch vulture to the sky, let him be... keep fueling iceman to stunlock everything and AOE everything lol.

either way it's not like his green and blue matter much since you will mostly just want him gone to be a goon that makes ap lol

Spoit

Grocket, punmax, and maaaaybe boosted quake or IF are the other okay to good green/blues. And then there's riri and war machine

zulux21

Grocket, punmax, and maaaaybe boosted quake or IF are the other okay to good green/blues. And then there's riri and war machine

Grocket could be a lot of fun given their green does good damage and is AP accel with the extra matches.

and their blue is fun in general, and strike tiles are always awesome.

maybe cloak/dagger as a third to fuel black
or if you are facing tile makers medusa to fuel green and blue faster

Spoit

Grocket could be a lot of fun given their green does good damage and is AP accel with the extra matches.

and their blue is fun in general, and strike tiles are always awesome.

maybe cloak/dagger as a third to fuel black
or if you are facing tile makers medusa to fuel green and blue faster

Nah, if you're going to grocket, CM is by far the best pairing.

Top Bottom