• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Oh yeah, popped open a stash of LTs and CP, Got about 7 5* covers out of it, including 2 Hawkeye and 3 Doc Ocs. Pretty light on C&D, Grocket and Gamora, though.

zulux21

a blue mordo for my easy clash.

also they clearly don't know what the hell they are doing as it isn't hulkbuster in heroes for hire right now it's sue @_@

Triz

a blue mordo for my easy clash.

also they clearly don't know what the hell they are doing as it isn't hulkbuster in heroes for hire right now it's sue @_@

A yellow Venom for me (currently power leveling him so I don't waste covers any longer: have him at 243)

Dalek

sigh. Looks like the new Spidey is going to be a 5* according to datamining:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-pJKpH93IrjYLgRzE2OWutWMi5MIsdyASmRM0zp9NZo/mobilebasic

NEW CHARACTERS

Mockingbird (???)
Bombshell? - Mockingbird sets up a bomb and walks away without looking back. Creates 2 %NumTurns-turn Red Countdown tiles. When one expires, if another exists, remove it and deal %NumBigDamage. If not, deal %NumDamage damage to the target and %NumSelfDamage to Mockingbird.
Opportunist? - (PASSIVE) Mockingbird deflects attacks with her battlestaves, providing tactical openings for her team. Whenever the enemy makes a match-4 or greater, if you have at least %NumThreshold AP in that color (including Team-Up), fire a random friendly power at no cost. If not, gain %NumAP AP in that color.
Secret Mission? - Mockingbird steals enemy intel to give her team an advantage. Destroys up to %NumAPDrain AP of the enemy's strongest color and generates %NumAPGain AP in your strongest color. (This power cannot have its cost reduced.)
(PASSIVE) As long as you have at least %NumThreshold AP in your strongest color, friendly matches deal %NumDamage more damage.

Cloak (Ultimate)
Child Of Darkness - Cloak uses the cover of his cloak to dodge and absorb enemy attacks.
(PASSIVE) Cloak's team takes %NumDamage less damage as long as there are at least %NumTiles Black tiles on the board.
Dark Opportunist - (PASSIVE) Cloak lurks in the shadows, striking at just the right moment. Whenever an enemy special tile is removed, deal %NumDamage damage.
Pocket Dimension - Cloak retreats into his pocket dimension to evade enemy attacks. If Cloak would be dealt at least %NumDamage damage, he goes Invisible for 1 turn. Whenever Cloak returns from Invisibility, he creates a strength %NumStrength Purple Strike tile.

Dagger (Ultimate)
Hidden Potential - Dagger strikes the enemy with her Light-knives, making them contemplate what their lives would be if they devoted their life to good. Deals %NumDamage damage. If the target is a Villain, she stuns them for %NumTurns turns.
Light-Knives - Dagger concentrates her Living Light to unleash a flurry of light-knives at the enemy! Converts up to %NumTiles Black tiles to Yellow, and then creates a strength %NumStrength Strike tile for each tile converted.
Living Light - Dagger emanates an aura of living light, cleansing evil from her foes. Removes up to %NumTiles enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles and restores %NumHeal health.

**** Vulture (Adrian Toomes) ****
Black/Green/Blue (Description order disclaimer)
One Fell Swoop - Sighting his prey from above, Vulture swoops down to rend his enemies with his razor sharp talons. Creates a %NumTurns-turn Countdown tile that deals %NumDamage damage to the enemy team.
(PASSIVE) If this tile is on the board when Vulture returns from being Airborne, he removes it dealing %NumExtraDamage damage to the enemy team and stealing up to %NumTiles random enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles.
Hybrid Tech Slicer - The Vulture lets loose with a terrifying weapon of his own design, getting a better vantage point from the sky. Deals %NumDamage damage and destroying up to %NumTiles random enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles.
(PASSIVE) At the start of the turn, if Vulture is Airborne, he will spend %APThreshold Blue AP to fire this power. If he does, this power can target any enemy special tile.
Circling Prey - Vulture flies far above his target, getting in position to strike. Vulture goes Airborne for %NumTurns turns.
(PASSIVE) At the start of the turn, if Vulture is Airborne, or when he returns from being Airborne, gain %NumGreen Green AP, %NumBlue Blue AP, and %NumBlack Black AP.

***** Spider-Man (Peter Parker) *****
???/Green/Red
Arachnid Agility - Spider-Man leaps from enemy to enemy, quipping and thwipping while he kicks their butts. Deals %NumDamage damage to a random enemy, then %RandomDamage damage to a random enemy once for each Web tile on the board.
Stick Around - I'd love to keep this up, but I've got other bad guys to stop! Spider-Man webs up his foes. Create %NumTiles Web tiles. If there are at least %NumThreshold Web tiles, stun the enemy team for %NumStun turns and remove all Web tiles.
Web Shot - Spider-Man's drone surveys the battlefield before he launches himself into battle. Deal %NumDamage damage. Then, if there are %LowThreshold or more Web tiles, convert %NumLowTiles of them to Critical tiles. If there are %HighThreshold or more Web tiles, convert %NumMoreTiles more of them to Critical tiles.
(PASSIVE) At the start of turn, if there are fewer than %PassiveThreshold Web Tiles, create one.

zulux21

sigh. Looks like the new Spidey is going to be a 5* according to datamining:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-pJKpH93IrjYLgRzE2OWutWMi5MIsdyASmRM0zp9NZo/mobilebasic

sad to hear, but I also know where my favorite 5* is going.

unless he is the worst 5* ever the details there alone should be enough to complete a miles/gwen/peter team. (something I have been trying to finish for a while lol)

a passive to make web tiles is really all that team needed to get it rolling faster and constantly heal lol.

vulture doesn't sound great but damage will matter quite a bit on that.
mocking bird will depend on numbers as well, but seems like she will play well with carol to quickly get the threshold ap.

don't know how I feel about another cloak and dagger already.

in other news.

those who need medusa covers are going to need to go in on the next PVE. it's a 7 day event so we get 2 covers.

4-Star: Medusa - Purple, Yellow

I will likely be doing daily pulls on the vault to to try to get another cover for her as the purple yellow will make mine 3/4/4 so if I can get another cover from the vault it would get me close to being able to champ her. i think the event has a vault at least. if not the 200hp per pull daily isn't worth the pull.

Spoit

Oh, huh. a purple progression? Good to hear, if I don't hit top 5 for this pve.

Depending on the AP requirements, mockingbird could be REALLY annoying. Like an even worse loki, except with 4* health.

zulux21

Oh, huh. a purple progression? Good to hear, if I don't hit top 5 for this pve.

Depending on the AP requirements, mockingbird could be REALLY annoying. Like an even worse loki, except with 4* health.

I'm thinking 7 is going to be the magic number for both moves at 5 covers.

but yeah the numbers are going to matter quite a bit for her.

zulux21

If I were to fully level ONE 5 star character-does it screw up my MMR?

Today's the day my OML will be fully covered.

given I believe MMR is still mostly based off your top 3 character levels in an event averaged. most likely.

i mean if your top 3 in an event were typically a boosted 400 4* and then two level 300 your average level would be 333.

replace one of those 300 with a 450 then your average level would be 383. so I mean it would really come down to if you can deal with enemies that are 15% higher level in general.

that being said no doubt the PVE stuff will switch perm to SCL eventually so it mostly would be pvp you would have to worry about, but I have no clue on that because pvp is garbage so I rarely play it lol.

zulux21

Spider-Man (Peter Parker)’s first ability is called Stick Around. It costs 6 Blue AP and creates web tiles. What’s great about this power is if there are enough web tiles on the board then this power will stun the entire enemy team.

Arachnid Agility is Peter’s second ability, which costs 10 Green AP. Spider-Man deals damage to a random enemy, then the same amount of damage to another random enemy once for each web tile on the board for a Max of 5 web tiles (or 5 times).

Lastly, Parker’s final ability called Web Shot sends out a spider drone from Spider-Man’s new outfit. This ability costs 7 Red AP and deals a good amount of damage and converts web tiles to Critical tiles based on the ability level and how many are on the board. For example, at level 450 and power level 5, if there are three Web tiles it converts 1 to a Critical tile and if there are 5 or more, it converts 3 of them to Critical tiles. AND this power has a PASSIVE that creates Web tiles if there isn’t any on the board helping to feed into his other powers.

he is going to be stupid good with miles and gwen. Miles makes purple red and blue and neither miles or gwen make use of blue so spidey can use it to stun the other team and make web tiles.
neither uses green either so now spidey can use green to constantly do good damage
and the red will depend on the damage numbers but if it is decent it will make the call to run gwen with 5 purple instead of 5 red easier to have even more stun ability.

it will give you a team that constantly heals thanks to web tiles
constantly gains red blue and purple thanks to web titles.
and can constantly stun with red (miles) blue (peter) and purple (gwen)

there is a good chance that this will be a top tier team, if not the team to use in a lot of areas as it should keep you from needing health packs and should be fast.

he is going to be stupid good with miles and gwen. Miles makes purple red and blue and neither miles or gwen make use of blue so spidey can use it to stun the other team and make web tiles.
neither uses green either so now spidey can use green to constantly do good damage
and the red will depend on the damage numbers but if it is decent it will make the call to run gwen with 5 purple instead of 5 red easier to have even more stun ability.

it will give you a team that constantly heals thanks to web tiles
constantly gains red blue and purple thanks to web titles.
and can constantly stun with red (miles) blue (peter) and purple (gwen)

there is a good chance that this will be a top tier team, if not the team to use in a lot of areas as it should keep you from needing health packs and should be fast.

His green reminds me of Gwenpool's green, which is probably my favorite AOE in the entire game because it can turn into a nuke if there's only one person left on the other team.

zulux21

so even without her being fully covered...
3* blade + medusa + carol is pretty crazy in this event .

you match black best you can, (ideally hitting medusa's tile once) and then launch blade's black.

ideally you have gotten some red strikes from blade, some attack from medusa and blade's move just constantly upgrades them via carol.

medusa's AP gain doesn't do much but everything dies quickly so w/e.

Dalek

so even without her being fully covered...
3* blade + medusa + carol is pretty crazy in this event .

you match black best you can, (ideally hitting medusa's tile once) and then launch blade's black.

ideally you have gotten some red strikes from blade, some attack from medusa and blade's move just constantly upgrades them via carol.

medusa's AP gain doesn't do much but everything dies quickly so w/e.

Wow that is insane. At first I thought you were talking about 4* Blade and I couldn't figure this out. Holy moly this is genius.

Wow that is insane. At first I thought you were talking about 4* Blade and I couldn't figure this out. Holy moly this is genius.

The event before this, I used Human Torch (who was boosted) and 4 star Blade to the same effect.

Which reminds me, once I get them covered, I'm going to try out 4* R&G, Carol, and Falcap. Avoids the black conflict on 3* Blade's countdown, while collecting the blue boosts what's already out there and gets you to R&G's perpetual countdown, which also creates special tiles.

zulux21

The event before this, I used Human Torch (who was boosted) and 4 star Blade to the same effect.

Which reminds me, once I get them covered, I'm going to try out Carol, 4* R&G, Carol, and Falcap. Collecting avoids the black conflict on 3* Blade's countdown, while collecting the blue boosts what's already out there and gets you to R&G's perpetual countdown, which also creats special tiles.

Carol + R&G + 3 star iron man is the team I eventually want to run.

R&G start with a bunch of strike tiles.
you fire of iron man's recharge which when it goes off boosts 3 of the strikes 3 times for a total of about 3600 increased damage from that.

and then fire both his green and blue. blue to build things up every turn and green to double the matches you are making.

alternatively replacing 3 star iron man with medusa could be fun as she can make blue and green ap if the enemy makes tiles.

edit: hmmm my 2/4/3 did the clash with ease without a boost.

Carol + R&G + 3 star iron man is the team I eventually want to run.

R&G start with a bunch of strike tiles.
you fire of iron man's recharge which when it goes off boosts 3 of the strikes 3 times for a total of about 3600 increased damage from that.

and then fire both his green and blue. blue to build things up every turn and green to double the matches you are making.

alternatively replacing 3 star iron man with medusa could be fun as she can make blue and green ap if the enemy makes tiles.

edit: hmmm my 2/4/3 did the clash with ease without a boost.

Champed Medusa, so it was a breeze, to the point where I'm wondering if lowering Torch to 222 was really necessary here.

Also, another reason I want to try FalCap is because in addition to blue buffing tiles, it also lowers countdowns, so I think it might also cause R&G countdown to go off more as well (with the side effect of possibly less strike tiles from Carol's countdown if that's out).

Spider-Man vs. The Sinister Six boss event details are out:
Missions

2 Boss Missions
3 Supporting Character missions per Boss mission
Completing a Boss mission locks the mission
Completing a Supporting Character mission unlocks the Boss mission

Boss Mission Structure

Each Boss mission will consist of 3 of the 6 Sinister Six Bosses
Enemy combinations change each round
Enemy combinations are displayed in the pre-event description
The enemy AP is depleted after defeating them and moving onto the next Boss

hnbg21ojohsl.png

Boosted list:

thq3wpdin9cs.png

Sinister Six Bosses

Carnage (Sinister Six)
  • Carnage is unpredictable with swapping tiles and performing random attacks
  • Carnage makes tile swaps at the start of his turn if he has Black AP

Doctor Octopus (Sinister Six)
  • Doctor Octopus Places a Nuclear Reactor tile at the start of the battle that will end the game if it activates
  • Destroy Doctor Octopus’ tentacles to reveal his weakness

Green Goblin (Sinister Six)
  • Summons henchmen to his side.
  • Creates and fortifies Countdown tiles that do random effects

Sandman (Sinister Six)
  • Reduces incoming damage while taking extra damage from Yellow Match-5s
  • Generates Yellow tiles that helps fuel a devastating attack

Venom (Sinister Six)
  • Creates Invisibility tiles until he is ready to attack
  • Creates Web tiles after attacking
  • Can devour an enemy if there are enough Web tiles on the board

Vulture (Sinister Six)
  • Goes airborne while waiting to strike his enemies
  • Deals damage and destroys tiles

5rg7d5flowk1.png

ebzgc004zprs.png

s18rtevcheqi.png

Basically a redone boss rush with the addition of wiping the AP after each round. Kinda weird that neither of the 4* Spider characters are boosted even though every version of Peter is. Also, Carol covers as alliance progression is nice.

KuroNeeko

I finally Championed (not fully, currently at +2) my first three star--Blade!

He's slightly less impressive now that I can't use 2★ OBW with him, but ho-lee sheeeit, at 3/5/5...when he starts going, you just chew through PvE nodes. Also, his KYEC face is awesome!

I'm not quite sure who to build up with him. I don't have Falcon, which seems to be a popular choice, nor do I have Laken. I've been tossing around the idea of starting a 2★ Daken but.... :/ In the current event, I've been pairing him with IF and 2★ Cap. Wolverine + Dr. Strange has been pretty good as well.

Otherwise, looking at Mags, She-Hulk, or Iron Fist as my next three star. I guess I could do IM40 as well since people are so keen on him...

Had the misfortune (?) of drawing 4★ Xavier and Agent Venom though I'm nowhere near 4★ land. Still missing Quicksilver and Cyclops out of the top half of highly rated 3★s. Also going to hit rank 27 soon, so that with the DDQ, should help accelerate my 3★ transition.

I finally Championed (not fully, currently at +2) my first three star--Blade!

He's slightly less impressive now that I can't use 2★ OBW with him, but ho-lee sheeeit, at 3/5/5...when he starts going, you just chew through PvE nodes. Also, his KYEC face is awesome!

I'm not quite sure who to build up with him. I don't have Falcon, which seems to be a popular choice, nor do I have Laken. I've been tossing around the idea of starting a 2★ Daken but.... :/ In the current event, I've been pairing him with IF and 2★ Cap. Wolverine + Dr. Strange has been pretty good as well.

Otherwise, looking at Mags, She-Hulk, or Iron Fist as my next three star. I guess I could do IM40 as well since people are so keen on him...

Had the misfortune (?) of drawing 4★ Xavier and Agent Venom though I'm nowhere near 4★ land. Still missing Quicksilver and Cyclops out of the top half of highly rated 3★s. Also going to hit rank 27 soon, so that with the DDQ, should help accelerate my 3★ transition.

Fist or IM40. I like Mags, but even I'll say you can place him a little further down in your priorities.

And pulling 4* covers now is fine as long as you don't go crazy leveling them.

zulux21

Spider-Man vs. The Sinister Six boss event details are out:

Basically a redone boss rush with the addition of wiping the AP after each round. Kinda weird that neither of the 4* Spider characters are boosted even though every version of Peter is. Also, Carol covers as alliance progression is nice.

I will have to see how things are but that doesn't sound to bad.

the enemies not keeping AP will really help not be stupid with things.
wonder if you keep AP or not.

also I will have to decide if I want to champ hulkbuster or not since he is boosted.

zulux21

playing around with medusa in this event I am very sad to learn that her countdown timer is treated like an attack tile and not it's own source of damage.

though I am not 100% sure if strike tiles apply to it independently of the attack tiles. I do know though that with 10k in strike tiles on the board only one enemy is dying to that and attack tiles a turn instead of two like I would expect.

zulux21

Had 50 CP, did one classic and one latest, got a 5-star Hulk (4/2/0) and 5-star Doc Ock (1/1/1).

That's some luck.

yeah you spent 50 CP, got two rare draws, and they are more useless than any more common draw :p

I got another danny.

on the flip side got my medusa covers from progression.

my 3/4/4 medusa and 4/4/4 carnage are stupid good together. I am slightly tempted to buy the heroes for hire for medusa but knowing my luck that means the next medusa cover I get would be purple.

either way I added both medusa and carnage to my favorite characters as a single cover pull of carnage will let me champ him.

I still need to build up my grocket (though still not sure how well he will play with carnage)

zulux21

I'm sitting on some CP to spend in the Homecoming vault tomorrow. Cmon Spidey!

I thought about that, but decided it was better to try to get medusa and grocket right now.

worry about spidey later as my gwen still needs a few covers to be champed to finish the team anyways.

My Miles is fully covered, my Gwen is at 11 (2/5/4), so I'm gonna pull from the Spidey store and take my chances. My real question is whether I'm gonna save my legendary tokens for another couple weeks until Spidey enters the latest Legends (I'll probably have about 5-15 saved up by then). CP after this event will get spend as I always do (on Classic Legendaries).

Spoit

Hmm I pulled the last blade cover I needed. Should I champ him now, or try to scrape the iso together to champ these 3 mordo covers I have waiting?

zulux21

*looks at 5* spiderman*

hmmmm....

he is going to be crazy with gwen and miles.

there is a good chance once you get 6 blue the match will be over as you will be able to stun lock the other team into nothingness.

to bad I will never get the covers for him lol.

zulux21

Man I hate fighting Doc Ock. I couldn't get a match off to kill that tile.

I am running quake + carnage + medusa.

carange + medusa = constant damage constant heal constant AP gain.
and quake can make use of the blue and green that medusa makes.

quake can use blue to target colors and carnage can use green for board destroy. it has let me take out the tiles pretty quickly so far.

and my team isn't fully covered (well quake is but is only 200) so yours should do even a touch better.

doing something with black widow would work well too (wininifite is likely a great team for this) as a 4 match can take out doc oc's tile as well.

Triz

My problem with the Doc Oc tile is I can't tell what color it is. Looks blue, can't match it away with blue, tried black no luck either. What color is it?

Edit* lol if Doc wiped your team it doesn't kill your guys...

Dalek

My problem with the Doc Oc tile is I can't tell what color it is. Looks blue, can't match it away with blue, tried black no luck either. What color is it?

Edit* lol if Doc wiped your team it doesn't kill your guys...

Same problem. I can't tell what color it is.

Triz

Oh well time to bring out champed Gwenpool. She takes care of the issue without having to know what color it is. Thanks Sploit codes.

zulux21

You have to remove all of his tentacles before you can match away the reactor I guess.
yeah...
the reactor doesn't have a color until then.
it's like 5* strange's tile and what not.

once you remove all the tentacles it becomes green.
but you can remove it with powers or 4/5 matches before then.

Triz

yeah...
the reactor doesn't have a color until then.
it's like 5* strange's tile and what not.

once you remove all the tentacles it becomes green.
but you can remove it with powers or 4/5 matches before then.

You know what would help with figuring that out...If the developer had the competence to place that info in the tooltip when hovering over it. ;)

Top Bottom