• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dalek

i also have two of him rostered, that being said you could maybe champ him :p? would only screw up PVP anymore not PVE

also the new daredevil looks alright, but likely won't have many people who like him since he seems like a solid long match player not a solid quick match player.

his healing looks fun to manipulate yourself, but most people will just hit him hard to take out all of his remaining life in one go.

the green move could be fun, but it takes a while to get going and doesn't do a ton at the 5 star level unless the enemy keeps matching it.

and his purple move... exists.

I mean some tile steal and some minor damage from hitting a stunned opponent isn't bad especially with strike tiles. but it doesn't feel impressive either.

also... our next 5* will be the 20th one @_@

In other thoughts screw the RNG.

my 2* daken is up to 2/12/12 while trying to build a new one @_@

I do want to champ him but I'm too busy with these other 4 stars like C&D and R&G.

Khaz

I'm fairly sure it's more than that. I've seen more than 1000CP in Youtube opening videos before.

Next time I get one I'll see if it just disappear then lol. I'll spend some and check if the number adds up, hopefully it's just a visual bug.

I'm not ready for 5-star collecting, I barely keep up with the new 3-stars that keep appearing. There's not enough hero points in this game.

Spoit

For most people, the max is 20

Also, if you like classic 5 stars and latest 4 stars, pull classic tokens now before they fix the odds. Someone messed up.
Wait odds? What's up with them?

EDIT: I guess it's fixed, got 2 old 4*s from my 11 pulls. At least I fucking got 1 5* this time, unlike when I did 20 pulls and didn't get a single one

Wait odds? What's up with them?

EDIT: I guess it's fixed, got 2 old 4*s from my 11 pulls. At least I fucking got 1 5* this time, unlike when I did 20 pulls and didn't get a single one

For about an hour, the odds for 5* in classics was 25% (1 in 4) and the 4* were latest only.

zulux21

the next update is going to screw with stuff.

What's Changed:
A brand new Special tile called the Repeater tile has been introduced into the game. They behave similarly to Countdown tiles, in that they countdown each turn, but differ in that they return to the base number instead of being destroyed. Powers that specifically target Countdown tiles will not target Repeater tiles (unless specifically stated). The following powers now create Repeater tiles instead of Countdown tiles:
Human Torch (Johnny Storm) - Flame Jet
Human Torch (Classic) - Flame Jet
Black Panther (T’Challa) - Defense Grid
The Punisher (Dark Reign) - Molotov Cocktail
Blade (Daywalker) - Nightstalker
Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) - Hellfire
Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2) - Rocket’s Pack

aka I don't think coulson or carol will trigger off those anymore.

but wait... there is more.

Powers that stun a random character will now increase their stunned turn duration if the character was already stunned.

which gives characters with a random stun a decent boost. (such as 4* gamora or spiderqwen which just made the spidergwen + miles + 5* spidey team even a bit more stupid as it will make stun locking everything even easier)

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/67196/r134-pre-release-notes-updated-8-24-17#latest

seems like Wasp is the best character to team up with carol now to get quick boosts as hers is still a countdown timer.

the next update is going to screw with stuff.

aka I don't think coulson or carol will trigger off those anymore.

but wait... there is more.

which gives characters with a random stun a decent boost. (such as 4* gamora or spiderqwen which just made the spidergwen + miles + 5* spidey team even a bit more stupid as it will make stun locking everything even easier)

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/67196/r134-pre-release-notes-updated-8-24-17#latest

seems like Wasp is the best character to team up with carol now to get quick boosts as hers is still a countdown timer.

Wasp, Medusa and Cho at the 4 star level, and SWitch and Daredevil at the 3 star level would be the perpetual countdown makers now, with Wasp being the only 1 turn countdown of the bunch.

Khaz

From a casual perspective, I appreciate these two changes!

I like that the repeater tiles get a distinct icon, they'll be easier to spot and target.

I tried to stack stuns before but couldn't, and I was disappointed. I like that you won't have to wait a specific turn to chain stun (and potentially miss / forget about it).

Khaz

Next time I get one I'll see if it just disappear then lol. I'll spend some and check if the number adds up, hopefully it's just a visual bug.

I'm not ready for 5-star collecting, I barely keep up with the new 3-stars that keep appearing. There's not enough hero points in this game.

The UI made some space for an additional digit, so I can confirm that you can stack more than 1000 Command points.

zulux21

From a casual perspective, I appreciate these two changes!

I like that the repeater tiles get a distinct icon, they'll be easier to spot and target.

I tried to stack stuns before but couldn't, and I was disappointed. I like that you won't have to wait a specific turn to chain stun (and potentially miss / forget about it).

keep in mind stacking stuns sounds like it will only be for random stuns, not all stuns.

Arg. Spent 120 CP on a black Kingpin cover yesterday and I ended up pulling one today in the GhostRider / Kingpin event.

Either way, I liked the idea behind it. Play a bunch of tough-ish missions and get two 4* covers.

zulux21

still such a goofy team. I can't wait to get the rest of the coulson covers I need in order to make it so that the tiles he drops are 1 turn instead of 2 turn and give me 2 ap instead of 1.

fsyuUQI.jpg

also lockjaw is coming sept 7th and Lucky and Ka-zar might get their own characters in MPQ down the line since they are mentioned by name in the press release.

finally I will for good be passed in first place as there is no way I will be able to do the 11am refresh thus I will miss that wave completely :p

Dalek

I bet Lucky and Ka-Zar are mentioned in one of Lockjaw's moves being as they are all Pet Avengers.

This Luke Cage PVP is eating up my health packs.

Spoit

Yeah, I'll give it the next clear, and maybe the one after that. But I'm probably going to skip the last clear, since this recent one took almost all of my medpacks, and I'll need those for the pvp

Blade + IM40 + OBW is still clearing Galactus fairly easily as long as I don't keep OBW out in front for too long, so I think I'm going to keep doing full clears each cycle since I need the ISO.

Blade + IM40 + OBW is still clearing Galactus fairly easily as long as I don't keep OBW out in front for too long, so I think I'm going to keep doing full clears each cycle since I need the ISO.

So far, X-Force, Hulkbuster and Loki.

Loki shuffles the board often getting free timer clears. X-force has heal/attack, and board clears. And Hulkbuster charges and knocks him the fuk out.

At this point it can get rough though. Loki dies pretty fast.

zulux21

Yeah, I'll give it the next clear, and maybe the one after that. But I'm probably going to skip the last clear, since this recent one took almost all of my medpacks, and I'll need those for the pvp

ill likely push to progression but I just got home from the con, need to sleep, and then go back in the morning and won't get home until later tomorrow either so likely can't push to much beyond that.

Spoit

I'm using Hulk/PX/Iron 4st. It can get really rough if there aren't red matches to make, but if you can get 2 turns of it off, that basically wipes the board clean enough to chain IF's green.

I have no idea how you guys are able to extend it long enough to cast something like IM40's yellow. Even getting a SW CD off seems pretty touch or go, and that's just 4 turns, without having to actually gather AP first

Dispatch

I'm using Chulk/4 Star Blade/ and IM 40. Bloodlust and Chulk's green do a lot of damage quickly as long as I can fire IM 40's yellow.

Still, I might keep going past the max progression for the ISO as well. I have enough covers to champion Coulson. I just have to ask myself if it's worth it.

Is it worth it?

I'm using Chulk/4 Star Blade/ and IM 40. Bloodlust and Chulk's green do a lot of damage quickly as long as I can fire IM 40's yellow.

Still, I might keep going past the max progression for the ISO as well. I have enough covers to champion Coulson. I just have to ask myself if it's worth it.

Is it worth it?

First of all, yes. If for no other reason than to pair him with 5* Hawkeye and/or 4* Cap Marvel.

Second of all, according to my calcs, we need about 12 more full clears to get the Legendary. I've got 2 in me, so if we can get 10 more, we've got this.

Dalek

First of all, yes. If for no other reason than to pair him with 5* Hawkeye and/or 4* Cap Marvel.

Second of all, according to my calcs, we need about 12 more full clears to get the Legendary. I've got 2 in me, so if we can get 10 more, we've got this.
I've done what I can this reound. We only have 8 hours left and I'll have one more clear in that time.

zulux21

I'm using Hulk/PX/Iron 4st. It can get really rough if there aren't red matches to make, but if you can get 2 turns of it off, that basically wipes the board clean enough to chain IF's green.

I have no idea how you guys are able to extend it long enough to cast something like IM40's yellow. Even getting a SW CD off seems pretty touch or go, and that's just 4 turns, without having to actually gather AP first

I'm home now.

as for what I am running.

so far it's a 100% win rate

champ 4* blade with 5 red
champ 4* medusa with 5 red (I think that is the color of the one that drops the tile that does damage and can turn into attack tiles)
and champ 3* cyclops with 5 yellow covers (use at least one red/yellow boost so that the yellow only takes 2 matches)

I focus on getting yellow and not matching red to let some strike tiles build up. if there is a ton of red i might go for that since 7k a round murders fast. but beyond that I match away his tiles.

ideally you will have a few strike tiles and then fire the yellow to make a bunch of red tiles that will do a bunch of match damage ideally and then trigger blade's attack.

i've only had one round where he got anywhere near firing off his death move.

*sees the round progress*

I guess I can work on that. I can likely hit him a few more times before missions change over.

zulux21

I always get a late start to the Galactus stuff, but I always wind up placing well in the alliance. 5th this time.

well it's worth more points later, and a good number of us stop around max progression :p

but it is always great to clear it all.

I am annoyed the next PVE has a purple coulson though. either other cover and I would unlock a much better ability tier for him... instead it's just 1000 iso for me.

Dalek

Well at least I got a usable cover this time. Yondu. I never seem to pull the featured character in these 5 star vaults.

I got a Drax that took him to 12 covers. Might end up in first place in the alliance (depends on if the other person is going to do a full clear with no reason to). I'm actually kinda annoyed because I've pulled 8 covers for Starlord and 7 covers for Doc Ock but still only 1 red for Spidey that I pulled from his special token.

zulux21

I got a Drax that took him to 12 covers. Might end up in first place in the alliance (depends on if the other person is going to do a full clear with no reason to). I'm actually kinda annoyed because I've pulled 8 covers for Starlord and 7 covers for Doc Ock but still only 1 red for Spidey that I pulled from his special token.
my theory is that the devs aren't quite as incompetent at judging character strength as we think and they rig the percents in the shadows.

like a new 5* tier is 10% chance, but if you are a bad character you get most of that 10% chance.

starlord and doc ock are not good thus easy to pull.

spiderman is potentially game breaking thus hard to pull.

KuroNeeko

Congrats, you guys.
We only managed to get two Coulsons in our Alliance.

Loki, Storm (3), Mags (3) were getting clears even around the 5th / 6th stage, but it was real touch-and-go.

I recently drew a 5★ Hawkeye, and mayne, he has been messing with my matchmaking in PvP. It's all champed 3★s and 4★s now.... : /

zulux21

Congrats, you guys.
We only managed to get two Coulsons in our Alliance.

Loki, Storm (3), Mags (3) were getting clears even around the 5th / 6th stage, but it was real touch-and-go.

I recently drew a 5★ Hawkeye, and mayne, he has been messing with my matchmaking in PvP. It's all champed 3★s and 4★s now.... : /

I would say sell him to fix your meta, but he is also one of the easiest 5* to make usable right now plus he will make pve easier for you most likely just because of how hard 5* hit.

Triz

Well at least I got a usable cover this time. Yondu. I never seem to pull the featured character in these 5 star vaults.

I was pissed when I got the purple cover and it was Black Panther yesterday. (Is this the first time a new 5 star is not the only option form the pool?)

zulux21

I was pissed when I got the purple cover and it was Black Panther yesterday. (Is this the first time a new 5 star is not the only option form the pool?)

yeah typically the special tokens are just him.

I was alright that I got spidey instead as I want to cover him while daredevil I don't care.

This Cage PvP, man. 2 different times I got up above 865 and tried to take a match to get to 900. First time I lost the match and ended up around 800 including defensive losses. Second time I won the match and still ended up around 800 because of defensive losses.

Dalek

This Cage PvP, man. 2 different times I got up above 865 and tried to take a match to get to 900. First time I lost the match and ended up around 800 including defensive losses. Second time I won the match and still ended up around 800 because of defensive losses.

It was absolutely fucking brutal especially considering Danny was boosted too.

zulux21

Is anyone else having a multi-second loading screen every time they start a match, after this new patch?

I am not, but I am hearing it is common on mobile.

and I can only assume the final answer will be that you have to wait until the next patch for it to get fixed as that is how a lot of the broken, but not completely broken stuff goes.

official word is..
If a player starts a mission and sees a long loading screen, if they replay the same mission with the same characters, they shouldn't see another long loading screen.

aka it's a asset issue. you should just need to play with every character on every node to get it fixed >.>

Top Bottom