• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Champed FalCap yesterday. Was originally going to try him on a team with Carol & R&G, but the repeater tile thing nerfed that, so now I'll try him on a team with Carol and Wasp. They all clash on yellow, but you have two different tile buffers that basically both activate with collecting blue.

zulux21

Champed FalCap yesterday. Was originally going to try him on a team with Carol & R&G, but the repeater tile thing nerfed that, so now I'll try him on a team with Carol and Wasp. They all clash on yellow, but you have two different tile buffers that basically both activate with collecting blue.

I recently champed him as well as I figure he might be interesting with wasp with making a bunch of protect tiles and then turning them strike.

that being said I also think he is a decent character to get a buff with an off season this year.

i mean he isn't horrible, but with a few tweaks he could be a lot of fun.

I recently champed him as well as I figure he might be interesting with wasp with making a bunch of protect tiles and then turning them strike.

that being said I also think he is a decent character to get a buff with an off season this year.

i mean he isn't horrible, but with a few tweaks he could be a lot of fun.

Just lowering the cost of his red (even if it means slightly lowering the damage) would make him a much better character.

zulux21

Just lowering the cost of his red (even if it means slightly lowering the damage) would make him a much better character.

lowering the cost of red, or even keeping it the same but have the bonus damage from protect tiles be team damage instead would be fine.

and then the other change I would make would be run his tile boost like 3* falcon originally did with a percent increase instead of a set amount. would make it ramp up nicely and scale better.

alternatively switch his protect tile thing more like 3* falcon and have that be the team attack damage instead.

zulux21

He does a lot of damage but the red coat is just ridiculous.

it's ridiculous for a single hit.

would you not agree that for 14 red that

7728 damage, plus 1168 team damage for every friendly Protect tile. (at 5 covers level 270)

would actually be pretty good?

would still be an expensive nuke but would be a really nice nuke.

Spoit

Yeah, that'd be ridiculously undercosted. If they were going to make it team damage, they'd probably drop it to like 4-500 per tile.

Actually, how much is iceman per tile?

zulux21

Yeah, that'd be ridiculously undercosted. If they were going to make it team damage, they'd probably drop it to like 4-500 per tile.

Actually, how much is iceman per tile?

looks like 269 per tile (with 3k base), but those tiles require no set up.

so I mean that usually adds around 2500 team attack damage for 5k total for 12 ap.

Falcon would have the base hit hard, but I suppose something like 750 at most per protect tile would need to be more in line with cost as the team attack would need at least 4 tiles just to match the base of ice man at that point.

Is there a good strategy for beating the boss of the current event? Shit is driving me nuts..

Find someone that creates enemy strike tiles and match them away (Elektra is one of the better ones, as she also steals his more powerful strike tiles and replaces then with weak ones).

DD-11

Find someone that creates enemy strike tiles and match them away (Elektra is one of the better ones, as she also steals his more powerful strike tiles and replaces then with weak ones).

I don't know. This seems impossible or incredible luck would be involved. Matching away a strike tile does so little damage and he has 20k+ health.

komarkaze

I had a hard time with the boss fight since he's the toughest he's ever been in these events. The suggestion to choose Elektra is the best. Not only can she convert more enemy strike tiles, but her Shadow Step ability lets her avoid strike damage as well as the instant kill AOE. My other characters were 3 star Wolverine and 4 star Blade, but they were basically human shields for Elektra.

DD-11

I had a hard time with the boss fight since he's the toughest he's ever been in these events. The suggestion to choose Elektra is the best. Not only can she convert more enemy strike tiles, but her Shadow Step ability lets her avoid strike damage as well as the instant kill AOE. My other characters were 3 star Wolverine and 4 star Blade, but they were basically human shields for Elektra.

I don't have Electra. I have six covers but no slots open. Guess I'm screwed.

zulux21

I don't have Electra. I have six covers but no slots open. Guess I'm screwed.

I did it with Patch + loki + mr fantastic.

patch makes more strike tiles for him.
loki allows you to move the board around for cheap
mr fantastic has a tile swap move to help match more.

quicksilver, coulson would also work for the swap.

Spoit

I haven't actually done it with the new scaling, but in the past I used thing and 2 tile swappers (QS, coulson, Mr F). One hit was enough to trigger thing's passive, basically making you invulnerable for the rest of the node

zulux21

I haven't actually done it with the new scaling, but in the past I used thing and 2 tile swappers (QS, coulson, Mr F). One hit was enough to trigger thing's passive, basically making you invulnerable for the rest of the node

yeah... they kind of gave him a 15 black AP end game move. it does like 5k base plus like 2k per strike tile on the board team damage.

and doubled the number of strike tiles you have to match to take him out.

we was already a pain to deal with now he is a super pain.

Spoit

Man, I don't know why you guys aren't complaining about this pvp, compared to that cage one. 4k per match is completely ridiculous, fully medpacked characters die before you get AP before even a single move is ready to be cast

Man, I don't know why you guys aren't complaining about this pvp, compared to that cage one. 4k per match is completely ridiculous, fully medpacked characters die before you get AP before even a single move is ready to be cast

Stop picking Rocket and Groot teams to fight against? Or bring your own.

Spoit

Stop picking Rocket and Groot teams to fight against? Or bring your own.

I mean, I am? But being able to do damage just as quickly doesn't really ameliorate the enemy's damage. I guess you could take Medusa, but then you're fighting with one arm behind your back, and even then, a burst of healing for a thousand something per your own tiles doesn't do much against 4-12k damage a turn.

And there really aren't any worthwhile queues that don't have rocket. Just random 3*s for sub-20 points

zulux21

I mean, I am? But being able to do damage just as quickly doesn't really ameliorate the enemy's damage. I guess you could take Medusa, but then you're fighting with one arm behind your back, and even then, a burst of healing for a thousand something per your own tiles doesn't do much against 4-12k damage a turn.

And there really aren't any worthwhile queues that don't have rocket. Just random 3*s for sub-20 points

If I had a champed rocket I would likely goof around with that.
I am sitting at like 280 health packs with no idea what to do with them lol.

You take Medusa, you're doing something like 6-8K damage per turn. It's what I'm planning on doing.

Spoit

You take Medusa, you're doing something like 6-8K damage per turn. It's what I'm planning on doing.
I mean, there's still like 90k health to work through. The attack tiles from swapping in 4 gamora last Pvp was okay, but a lot slower than iron 4ist or nova with their actual attacks. But if it works for you, more power to you?

I mean, there's still like 90k health to work through. The attack tiles from swapping in 4 gamora last Pvp was okay, but a lot slower than iron 4ist or nova with their actual attacks. But if it works for you, more power to you?

It only works for me because my goal is generally 700-800 then stop. I can see how that wouldn't be fast enough for shield hopping to 900.

Edit: Also, against an enemy R&G (or Nova, for that matter), Medusa has the bonus of feeding both of R&G's powers in addition to her own. It's not the fastest win, but it's a win more often than not (and can save a health pack or two if you get a lucky cascade early).

Double edit: Avoided R&G enough to make it to 860 without shielding using only 4 health packs. Debating whether or not to take a shot at 900.

Do you guys cycle 3* characters like you do with 2* ones? I finally hit max on a 3* and don't know whether to sell my extra covers.

I'm definitely duping, but I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to sell since they can be useful in PvP. I'll probably keep a 266 copy of the stronger ones (my first is going to be IM40, and I already have his dupe ready to be champed) and sell off the weaker ones.

Spoit

Huh, I had a random venom offer in the HfH, even though I don't plan to champ him, I bought it because I really don't have anything else to spend HP on

Triz

I knew Sandman was bad, but I dumped 110k ISO into him being the required 4 star in this event. Holy crap did he not improve at all. Garbage character.

I knew Sandman was bad, but I dumped 110k ISO into him being the required 4 star in this event. Holy crap did he not improve at all. Garbage character.

He'll get champed eventually because I'm just not going to sell however many cover I'll pull of him in the next 4-6 months, but I've got him parked at 120 right now and he's going to stay there for a while.

Also, managed to pull an Iceman Blue from a Legendary, which means he's officially next up for champing (though, to be fair, he was already next up because that blue was also the next PvE progression cover, this just accelerates things by a couple days).

zulux21

He'll get champed eventually because I'm just not going to sell however many cover I'll pull of him in the next 4-6 months, but I've got him parked at 120 right now and he's going to stay there for a while.

Also, managed to pull an Iceman Blue from a Legendary, which means he's officially next up for champing (though, to be fair, he was already next up because that blue was also the next PvE progression cover, this just accelerates things by a couple days).

Electra is randomly my next one since I have a cover on the vine for her well maybe... still trying to come up with a usable team with her.

thinking maybe miles and gwen as she would tank everything but purple, gwen can keep healing up, and miles would help gen red which could be used to steal red, purple black, and ideally get it in a situation where the enemy is just taking damage every turn that they try to attack without that team taking any damage once it gets going.

I wasn't planning on it, but I pulled a couple 4-star Gamora covers, so she's in the middle of being my next champion. Should be one of the better ones.

zulux21

well if you didn't think medusa + carnage was a great team before may I introduce you to lockjaw?

q7KyAXW.jpg

medusa generates green and blue from special tiles (As well as purple) guess what, those are his other colors... his blue is weird to I will save that for last.

might be getting peaks at other new characters as well in there.
anyways, he seems like a solid support character and will go great with medusa + carnage

he will also be solid with iron man 40 and lady thor.

ISO is only a dire problem if you insist on opening tokens as soon as you get them. Open tokens until you need to champ someone, or don't open tokens until you have enough ISO to do so.

In other news:

Best finish in a non-noob bracket ever.

zulux21

ISO is only a dire problem if you insist on opening tokens as soon as you get them. Open tokens until you need to champ someone, or don't open tokens until you have enough ISO to do so.

In other news:

Best finish in a non-noob bracket ever.

yup that is mine plan just save up CP and iso until either
A. I have the iso to champ who ever I get or
B. a character I really want is about to leave the times 3 odds.

I will empty my stash before grocket leaves 3x odds unless I get him covered before then (whjich I think I just need two more)

I already have almost every 4* character I want champed champed.

HAH I am in front of Triz

Triz

I pulled 2 Kate Bishop covers with Heroic Tokens over the last couple days and she is now at 13...Do I spend the 315k to champ her?

Heh, same bracket, just trying for top 100...

zulux21

I pulled 2 Kate Bishop covers with Heroic Tokens over the last couple days and she is now at 13...Do I spend the 315k to champ her?

Heh, same bracket, just trying for top 100...

same... you are slightly in front of me in general at this point :p

Dalek

Just got an in game survey mentioning the upcoming 3 year anniversary-it then asked who my favorite characters were in each tier. I wonder what they have planned? Free gift?

My responses:
3* : Doctor Strange
4*: Medusa
5*: Thanos (even though mine is unusable)

zulux21

Just got an in game survey mentioning the upcoming 3 year anniversary-it then asked who my favorite characters were in each tier. I wonder what they have planned? Free gift?

My responses:
3* : Doctor Strange
4*: Medusa
5*: Thanos (even though mine is unusable)

KK
cap marvel
spiderman PP were my choices.

also here's hoping that I hold onto a top 100 I have a seriously nasty ear infection and can't really play right now... it would suck if I lost 4 days of work because of that but well... not worth the pain to grind.

Top Bottom