• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 announced for PS4, XB1 and PC

styl3s

Both Hulk and Thing are on the cover of Ultimate Alliance Gold Edition.
He said
But wasn't there a version with Hulk out of the box on Xbox?
Maybe a Target exclusive?
I gave my game away but I swore he was on the cover.
And I don't remember buying the gold edition.
I was talking about the original release not gold.

The thing I really can't wrap my head around with the DLC characters being excluded from the original is that I'm pretty sure all of those characters appear in at least some form in either of those games.

So licensing would be an unlikely excuse for excluding them.

The Hulk was the only one that was exclusive. They bundled the rest of them to give it value.

Let me know how the PC ports of Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 are. Not getting it because they're overpriced but I'm curious because the last Marvel port Activision made was Spider Man Shatter Dimensions and that has loads of problems on Windows 10.

BigDes

£32 each if you buy them both separately
£40 If you buy them in a bundle

£15 for both would have been an acceptable price considering how old the games are

Played them both on 360 last gen, will wait for a sub $20 steam sale before jumping back in, that or get sucked in by a Marvel movie hype train, whichever comes first lol

So it looks like someone made a mod for the original PC release of MUA1 that appears to add every single thing from every version of the game to the PC version:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3380.0

It would be interesting to see if this would work with this "remastered" version. I'm at work, so I haven't had a chance to dig into the details of it but it sounds like an interesting mod. I wonder if something like this exists for MUA2?

Can someone please test this on the current steam release? If it works, I will buy it.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/116197/

FUCK YOU ACTIVISION! I'm not going to spend freaking 2000 RUB to buy these games, it's just not going to happen. No fucking way I'm paying that much to buy ancient games from early 2000s even though I'm loving them to death.

NFTXJmf.gif

As I said before, I'm excited for this but I already own both for PS3.

With a sale and / or all dlc included, I'll dive in for sure. Maybe I'll even get MUA2, since it looks to be a good port.

Now just that Demon's Souls remaster, and I'll be just about ready to retire my PS3.

RedBoot

It's a shame Acti didn't take advantage of this situation to make a definitive version of MUA1 with the next-gen characters (Colossus, Moon Knight), the 8 Gold edition characters, and the PSP exclusives (Black Widow, Captain Mar-vell, Ronin). I never played the PSP version so I don't know how close it is to the other ones, but if all the character skills/stats are similar, it wouldn't be terribly hard to pull that off. That is something I would have gladly paid $40 for.

Roshin

I was going to buy these on Steam, but I can't justify the price. I mean, 39,99€ individually and 59,99€ for the bundle is absurd.

Staf

These "graphical enhancements" are they any good? Because at that asking price, and the age of the original games, it's fairly significant right? I remember playing the first one back in the day and really enjoying it. But $40 for minor enhancements is a bit steep.

black070

Put a few hours into the first one, I have to chuckle at 2006 me thinking it had great graphics. That being said, it's just as fun as I remembered it being.

These "graphical enhancements" are they any good? Because at that asking price, and the age of the original games, it's fairly significant right? I remember playing the first one back in the day and really enjoying it. But $40 for minor enhancements is a bit steep.

It's just the games being higher resolution than they previously were able to be, they didn't redo character models/animations/lighting/etc

Was considering this, but without the DLC, I'm not gonna get 1. I have the Gold edition on 360, so not really any reason to get a gimped Steam version.

Might get 2, though, since I never got the DLC for that one, if the DLC really is included.

It's a shame Acti didn't take advantage of this situation to make a definitive version of MUA1 with the next-gen characters (Colossus, Moon Knight), the 8 Gold edition characters, and the PSP exclusives (Black Widow, Captain Mar-vell, Ronin). I never played the PSP version so I don't know how close it is to the other ones, but if all the character skills/stats are similar, it wouldn't be terribly hard to pull that off. That is something I would have gladly paid $40 for.

100% agreed on that. In fact, I would go so far and say that the should've included every character that was playable in every version. I doubt it'd be difficult to make new animations for those characters, since a lot of them already do have models in the game already (the GBA-exclusives Vision, Namor and Jean Grey do for sure). They would've needed nothing more but a couple of artists to make costumes, particles and animations for those existing characters, a designer for a couple of powers and a coder, and they could've gotten so much more money from this release.

£32 each if you buy them both separately
£40 If you buy them in a bundle

£15 for both would have been an acceptable price considering how old the games are

Weird that it's more expensive individually on Steam and cheaper as a bundle vs PSN. £20 each in the bundle is a little more acceptable but still about £5 more each than they should be at the absolute max.

Did all that DLC for MUA1 even come to PS3? The hero/villain pack? I thought it was exclusive to 360.

Pretty sure it was only on 360 and its premium editions, yeah.
That said, I still don't think it would've been much of a problem to port in those characters.

I can maybe understand not doing the PSP exclusive characters. Their assets were made with much weaker hardware in mind, so unless they wanted to put the effort into remodeling and rebuilding everything in the 360/PS3/PC engine, they'd stand out in a bad way.

styl3s

Pretty sure it was only on 360 and its premium editions, yeah.
That said, I still don't think it would've been much of a problem to port in those characters.
If they were 360 exclusive then i could understand why PC/PS4 versions don't have them.

Seems like a cash grab, and a poorly timed one seeing as Civil War came out ages ago.

yep

after civil war i would have bought this no questions asked at $60. hell i was considering buying a 360 and buying the games after the movie, then decided the $100+ i would have needed to spend wasn't going to be worth it.

haimon

Did all that DLC for MUA1 even come to PS3? The hero/villain pack? I thought it was exclusive to 360.
I believe it was exclusive due to Sony not having DLC possibilities set up . Mua 1 was a cross platform Xbox 360 title and Ms set up DLC even on og Xbox. I don't think Sony had DLC ready when they launched ps3.

Nudull

Banned
The Xbox one delay makes zero sense, so my guess is it is being ported from the Xbox 360 gold editions, while the PS4/PC were ported from the PC version

That is the only thing that makes sense

Keeping the DLC/Gold Edition Xbox exclusive would be bullshit of the highest order. No other remaster has ever done this.

I can maybe understand not doing the PSP exclusive characters. Their assets were made with much weaker hardware in mind, so unless they wanted to put the effort into remodeling and rebuilding everything in the 360/PS3/PC engine, they'd stand out in a bad way.

Shouldn't have been much of an issue tbh. Black Widow has an NPC model in all of the main versions. A super small team doing some work and bringing in those other characters would've been so much easier and guaranteed a LOT more purchases.

If they were 360 exclusive then i could understand why PC/PS4 versions don't have them.

There's no reason to exclude them in the re-release though. And if the XBone version has the DLC but the PC/PS4 don't, it's gonna generate a lot of backlash. It would've easily paid off, just look at all the people who aren't gonna buy it now and would've.

X-Factor

This game is not that good, pretty boring IMO. The last one of these I played was X-Men Legends on PS2.

The new version is 30 Frames per second still and the cutscenes look blurry due to the low resolution.

If you are a fan of beat 'em up games, get Odin Sphere Leifraisir instead.
I am uploading a video of MUA2 now.

RedBoot

Keeping the DLC/Gold Edition Xbox exclusive would be bullshit of the highest order. No other remaster has ever done this.

Those were the early days of DLC, though. For all we know, Microsoft secured some bizarre 20 year contract or something. :p

Since Activision doesn't seem interested in sharing any information, we'll just have to wait and see on Thursday.

Top Bottom