• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 announced for PS4, XB1 and PC

styl3s

Shouldn't have been much of an issue tbh. Black Widow has an NPC model in all of the main versions. A super small team doing some work and bringing in those other characters would've been so much easier and guaranteed a LOT more purchases.

There's no reason to exclude them in the re-release though. And if the XBone version has the DLC but the PC/PS4 don't, it's gonna generate a lot of backlash. It would've easily paid off, just look at all the people who aren't gonna buy it now and would've.
It makes less sense for exclusive content to appear on other systems especially if MS paid for it.

This game is not that good, pretty boring IMO. The last one of these I played was X-Men Legends on PS2.

The new version is 30 Frames per second still and the cutscenes look blurry due to the low resolution.

If you are a fan of beat 'em up games, get Odin Sphere Leifraisir instead.
I am uploading a video of MUA2 now.

30 fps on PC?

Wow. Price meant I was out anyway.

Blam

This game is not that good, pretty boring IMO. The last one of these I played was X-Men Legends on PS2.

The new version is 30 Frames per second still and the cutscenes look blurry due to the low resolution.

Looking forward to seeing the video. I mean is it stable 30? Or not even that

wanders

Does OS have multiplayer? Right. What a weird suggestion.

Might end up playing the 360 version again.

Lettuce

Fuck those prices and anyone who buys it isn't doing the community any favors as companies will think its alright to charge over the odds for a game thats 10 years old and had little work done to it.........wheres Jim Sterling

styl3s

Fuck those prices and anyone who buys it isn't doing the community any favors as companies will think its alright to charge over the odds for a game thats 10 years old and had little work done to it.........wheres Jim Sterling
I would rather buy it and show that there is interest for a third game then not.

I don't need all my remasters to have fully redone textures at 1080/60.

For a 10 year old game? Are you serious?
Doesn't matter if its a 10,20 or 30 year old game if microsoft bought it as xbox exclusive DLC.

JTripper

Completely baffles me how you include dlc for the sequel but not the first? What fucked up logic was decided upon in those offices not to include everything?

I want another Ultimate Alliance game as much as the next person but nahhhh not like this.

dh4niel

So £32 for each or £40 for both is ridiculous. The few reviews coming in on Steam are saying it's not a great port. What a joke.

MechDX

Now that it is out and there are no updates to it the fact that it is this expensive is even more of a kick on the nuts to Xbox people. This is basically running on the Xbox BC abilities. Something we have been getting for free up to this point....

Nudull

Banned
Doesn't matter if its a 10,20 or 30 year old game if microsoft bought it as xbox exclusive DLC.

Unless it involved characters or franchises that still belong to Microsoft, there's zero reason that Activision or Marvel could've worked things out a decade later.

I would rather buy it and show that there is interest for a third game then not.

These games are perfect around the $20 price. Asking for $40 or $60 for both is just greedy. I don't know if it's Marvel, Activision, or both.

Lettuce

Why not buy the original releases then if all your concerned about is showing interest in the game

MechDX

Unless it involved characters or franchises that still belong to Microsoft, there's zero reason that Activision or Marvel could've worked things out a decade later.

Or they just didnt give a shit. All signs point to a quick cash grab by all with the no frills port job just reinforces that

styl3s

We don't know what kind of deal MS had with Activision and for all we know it's just exclusive for them this was before DLC found it's footing.

Either way we will know when the xbox version comes out.

Why not buy the original releases then if all your concerned about is showing interest in the game
I have the original games both physically (both PS3/360) and digitally on 360 and now i own these on PS4/PC.

I love the games and i don't care about the DLC as much as others but i would be lying if i didn't say it would of been nice to have it. Either way i will buy every version of MUA and X-Men Legends if they release those because they are some of my favorite games ever made.

Lettuce

Paying an exorbitant price for this won't make MUA3 happen folks...

Plus wasn't the 2nd poorly received anyway???....i got 1500 achievement points on the 360 version but didn't even bother with the 2nd game as it was supposed to be more of the same but not as good!. Thats what the 3rd game would probably end up being if it did ever come out, after all its Activision we're dealing with here guys, they dont give a fuck about these 'B tier' type of games

DLC yada yada yada.

I just played 2 hours of UA1 and 15 minutes of UA2 and my opinion from 8 years ago still stands...anyone that thinks UA1 is better than 2 is a fucking liar.

GavinUK86

Explain please

from the quicklook at it its pretty much just re-release (maybe even old mods might work with a bit tweaking)

It's the same original release. Controller doesn't work properly, the buttons are all messed up and you can't remap them. Keyboard and mouse is unusable. You turn on click to move and the character runs all over the screen, not where you click. I can barely navigate through the menu because of the messed up controls. Do not bother buying this crap on PC. Stay as far away from this pile of steaming shit as you can.

BTW: is there any complete summary of all the missing MUA1 DLCs?

They released a pair of 4 character packs on 360, a Hero Pack (Hulk, Cyclops, Hawkeye, Nightcrawler) and a Villain Pack (Doom, Magneto, Venom, Sabretooth) and added several achievements to go with these characters.

styl3s

DLC yada yada yada.

I just played 2 hours of UA1 and 15 minutes of UA2 and my opinion from 8 years ago still stands...anyone that thinks UA1 is better than 2 is a fucking liar.
Because people can't have different opinions they must be LIARS!

I among a lot of other people including quite a few critics think UA1 is a lot better than 2.

RedBoot

Completely baffles me how you include dlc for the sequel but not the first? What fucked up logic was decided upon in those offices not to include everything?

So there's two scenarios that would explain it, at least as far as I can think:

1) Microsoft still retains some sort of exclusivity for MUA1's DLC, be it through a weird contract, or perhaps because they paid for the development, etc.

2) Activision made these versions of MUA1 by porting over the PC version of the game (note: I don't know if this is what they did, just assuming). Since the Gold edition was never released for PC, they didn't have a working build that included the extra characters.

Option 2 is much more likely, though it's contradicted a bit by the fact that Colossus and Moon Knight are included, who were as far as I know exclusive to the 360/PS3 versions of the game (and the Wii version, but that's obviously not involved here). So some work would have been done regardless.

Lettuce

It's the same original release. Controller doesn't work properly, the buttons are all messed up and you can't remap them. Keyboard and mouse is unusable. You turn on click to move and the character runs all over the screen, not where you click. I can barely navigate through the menu because of the messed up controls. Do not bother buying this crap on PC. Stay as far away from this pile of steaming shit as you can.

So your saying just stick to Diablo 3 and Marvel Heroes 2016 then??........anyway isnt Marvel Heroes just a evolution of MUA??

Because people can't have different opinions they must be LIARS!

I among a lot of other people including quite a few critics think UA1 is a lot better than 2.

I am joking around, for the most part...but man, I don't see it.
1 plays like shit and its the same SHIELD bullshit metal grate level over and over again.

2..you start at Dr. Dooms house, you can heal your team and you have those character specific combos. Iron Man Blast, Wolverine Claws!

Damn that sucks really bad, thank you for your answer

styl3s

1 plays like shit and its the same SHIELD bullshit metal grate level over and over again.

2..you start at Dr. Dooms house, you can heal your team and you have those character specific combos. Iron Man Blast, Wolverine Claws!
Now don't get me wrong i love 2 and i think it's unfairly criticized in some parts and it's nowhere near as bad of a game as some think but i just prefer the first game.

Still going to have a blast playing through both of them again especially in coop.

X-Factor

I am playing the PS4 version for those asking. Not impressed with this game at all.
I also bought TMNT Mutants in Manhattan earlier this year which was also drab. Activision has released a lot of bad games this year.

TMNT, Ghostsbusters, and these lazy ports of MUA 1 & 2. If you liked MUA then you would probably still enjoy these ports despite pretty much no enhancements besides maybe resolution. Framerate is still 30 FPS and the cutscenes look blurry in quality.
I have a two videos uploading but it will take around 2 - 3 hours to process them through youtube.

SFenton

I never made it too far into 2 as the first level bored me to tears, and I owned the first on three platforms. Looking forward to beating it though when it comes out on X1, might appreciate it more now!

Now don't get me wrong i love 2 and i think it's unfairly criticized in some parts and it's nowhere near as bad of a game as some think but i just prefer the first game.

Still going to have a blast playing through both of them again especially in coop.

Hes right though the first third of the game is pretty much steel grates and computer walls. No diversity in that game whatsoever in terms of environment until you start fighting Hand soldiers.

SFenton

Also, I find it funny that Raven is porting Call of Duty and didn't even get to port their own game :p

Well... I guess High Moon didn't either...

I never made it too far into 2 as the first level bored me to tears, and I owned the first on three platforms. Looking forward to beating it though when it comes out on X1, might appreciate it more now!

Ive only ever seen the blanket 1 is better than 2 opinion. What were some of the knocks on 2?

The pitfall bullshit is why I'll never accept 1 as good

"Having fun with your 4 player co op game? Fuck you here's this slow bullshit that only player 1 does"

And Atlantis is the worst level.

But the first one was barely an RPG and they took out even more of that stuff.

If I only buy 1 of them them though it's gonna be the second one. No Cyclops is some bullshit though

barit

Activison strikes again. Fuckin hell man. Even Bethesda didn't ask for full price for Dishonored Remaster with ALL DLCs ffs

Top Bottom