• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
With them reusing assets, it seems like MVC3 Chris will make a return.

I guess they just want to get the obvious reveals out of the way first.

Yep, we are going to see a lot of reused assets so they could padding up the roster numbers which is just perfect fine for me. I don't really like to see characters getting cut, considering how good UMVC3 roster is.

I still wish that someone didn't leak the characters today since I would like to see people being escalated in few days tho. I think people are going to be surprised by the release date tho.

Skilletor

Yep, we are going to see a lot of reused assets so they could padding up the roster numbers which is just perfect fine for me. I don't really like to see characters getting cut, considering how good UMVC3 roster is.

I still wish that someone didn't leak the characters today since I would like to see people being escalated in few days tho. I think people are going to be surprised by the release date tho.

Somebody leaked the characters?

Just lurking this thread...don't know what's just fan theory and what is a supposed leak.

Yeah, the way Ryce responded, the release date might be closer than we thought.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if that leak is real, it also means that we will get a lot more footage with 8 characters than we did with 4 initially... hopefully.

And hopefully some real info on the systems.

Ultron
Hulk
Thor
Hawkeye
Rocket Raccoon
Chun Li
Strider
Chris

Are the 8 characters that will be revealed

Interesting that it's not a 50/50 even split between reveals. That being said, glad to see Ultron and the UMVC3 characters come back for MVCI. Maybe more surprises this week for reveals or I guess we'll just have to wait until E3 for some new characters beyond these.

At least they're smart enough to put Strider in from the jump. I wonder if they'll use his 2014 design, it was actually pretty decent.

Kinda predictable list altogether, though Ultron being confirmed is cool (And most assuredly means Sigma's also in in some capacity)

Neonep

Interesting that it's not a 50/50 even split between reveals. That being said, glad to see Ultron and the UMVC3 characters come back for MVCI. Maybe more surprises this week for reveals or I guess we'll just have to wait until E3 for some new characters beyond these.

In all honesty I wouldn't be surprised with Capcom probably still redesigning a few characters like Dante.

Dahbomb

14 characters revealed before Dante...

Capcom locking down DMC5 like nuclear launch codes. Itsuno probably has the GDD for DMC5 handcuffed to him in a briefcase.

Harpoon

Kinda predictable list altogether, though Ultron being confirmed is cool (And most assuredly means Sigma's also in in some capacity)

Yeah, I think this pretty well confirms Sigma is also going to be playable, rather than both just being exclusively boss characters.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So they are pushing the release date up possibly?

Oh snap.

you havent had information in 5 months, we might have finally some new shit but its just 8 more characters, and you think the release date has been pushed up?

I cant even follow your reasoning dude :/

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
8 characters revealed in one go is a good tradeoff for such a long wait. Glad to see at least my boy Chris is back and that they didn't trade him for Leon, who I wouldn't even want in the game. Hope he is a damage-dealing tank like in Marvel 3, love using Chris. And he better be RE5 Chris also, and not any of the newest ones.

I hope that even with the "casualized" vision they have, characters like Chris, Rocket Raccoon and Strider still retain the depth they had in Marvel 3.

Compbros

I guess the thinking is that after this drought they don't need a handful of new characters. Some new gameplay, a bunch of returning fan favorites, and a new character are more than enough. Showcase the game a bit before E3 then have the new characters there.

Sesha

Only one new character revealed is lame. Oh well, at least Ultron is cool (Shush! Not a word! He is, even if you didn't like the movie version).

14 characters revealed before Dante...

Capcom locking down DMC5 like nuclear launch codes. Itsuno probably has the GDD for DMC5 handcuffed to him in a briefcase.

Unlike the current US government, Captain Itsuno runs a tight ass ship.

Neoxon

8 characters revealed in one go is a good tradeoff for such a long wait. Glad to see at least my boy Chris is back and that they didn't trade him for Leon, who I wouldn't even want in the game. Hope he is a damage-dealing tank like in Marvel 3, love using Chris. And he better be RE5 Chris also, and not any of the newest ones.

I hope that even with the "casualized" vision they have, characters like Chris, Rocket Raccoon and Strider still retain the depth they had in Marvel 3.
Rocket's probably getting altered to accommodate Groot.

As for Chris, the BSAA could have had budget cuts for all we know. We won't know for sure until later this week.

Dahbomb

Goddammit not Chris again. It should be Leon.

Hopefully this means Claire gets in, at least.
Who really cares? They are just dudes with guns that will play similar to each other.

Just give Chris a bunch of RE costumes (Barry as well) and call it a day.

It seems that Jeuxvideo.com "confirms" the leak:

guPcFdq.jpg

We can't see the article but if you google the name of the game, you can see that on the news, probably a mistake.

Edit: beaten like a Yamcha.

I wonder if that is legitimate but there's one secret Capcom character that is unknown at the moment and Ultron would just be fully shown as a boss in a trailer, not a playable character yet.

So it would be
Another boss teaser
Ultron

character reveals
Hulk
Thor
Rocket Raccoon
Hawkeye
Hiryu
Chris
Chun Li
???

or. you know, an accidental leak could be posted while I'm typing this from a French website....something like that

SaikyoBro

Interesting that the 3 characters Saikyo had heard of (Frank West, Jedah, Dante) are all Capcom and would put the character ratio back to even. Could easily be a coincidence though.

Don't forget Spencer (but, if Ultron is confirmed, I suppose Sigma is pretty much a given as well, so...). I heard about the preview event from two different sources over the weekend, I don't know how much I'm supposed to say but I had heard every one of those 8 characters mentioned except for Chun-Li.

Obviously there are a couple aspects of this that put Riku's claims into question, since he said E3 would be the next time we saw the game and that Leon would be in. I guess Chris doesn't automatically deconfirm Leon and that waiting until E3 might have just been an assumption on his part, but I'm still a little bit less trusting of him than I was a few days ago when it seemed like we had practically identical information. I'm not going to take a stance on it until we see some of the characters he mentioned confirmed/deconfirmed.

Top Bottom