• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

He mainly had new weaponry in RE6. No stun rod, but he had a knife. Different style shotgun, machine gun, and magnum as well. But really nothing hugely different. He had a ton of new melee moves though.If anything I see chris being similar but with a different look. I don't think they'll reuse the same chris even if Wesker returns.

Thanks.

That's good to know. I mean, I liked boulder punches and all, but I'd like to see some new stuff.

I'm interested to see how much better the game looks now. SFV from reveal to E3 was a huge difference. Hoping this is the same.
EAT LEAD

Reuse as many assets as possible. As long as we get a good showing of newcomers and a balanced enough roster I wouldn't mind if every character from 3 returned

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I wish they would change Iron Man's super or ultimate move or whatever it's called with the big gun, it looks so silly.

I'm no comic nut so can he even summon out of thin air such a big cannon? never seen it before except in the mahvel games.

I wish they would change Iron Man's super or ultimate move or whatever it's called with the big gun, it looks so silly.

I'm no comic nut so can he even summon out of thin air such a big cannon? never seen it before except in the mahvel games.

You want them to fucking take out PROTEIN CANNON?!
not a typo, we're calling it that now
how dare you

Skilletor

I don't give a SHIT that they are reusing assets. Fuck, developers do it all the time. Injustice 2 is a mishmash of reused assets applied to new characters. I'm not going in expecting brand new animations because at the end of the day, I just want the game to come out.

I mean...so many people love MvC2 and that game is pretty much official Mugen.

Don't know why reusing assets is a bad thing. Silly to put so much work in and then start from scratch for no reason.

Sn4ke_911

don't get your hopes up :[

wtf...

Did they at least fix DeadEyes-Man?

mvc-infinite-trailer-screengrab2.png

Harpoon

Wonder who will voice him, I wouldn't mind the EMH guy
What if we got Spader to come back and voice a colder, scarier, less...funny(?) Ultron?

I hope it isn't the EMH VA, his Ultron was a bit too robotic. (but then, I didn't really like how that show in general made the character a bit too distant from his comic characterization and too much like HAL)

vg260

I agree with you, but some people here were expecting new animations / reworked characters.

One or two reworked characters would be welcome and long overdue. I don't think most of them need it, just the ones like Spidey which were somewhat held back by the original MSH moveset/engine limitations. He and Cap always seemed to be designed in that game to behave like MSH versions of Ryu/Ken with the fireball/hurricane kick/DP template. It works fine for Cap, and even Dr. Doom had an interesting moveset in that game that worked for the character in current games. Even Wolverone seemed OK, but the template for Spidey always seemed like it limited him creatively. I think if he would have been designed later it wouldn't necessarily been the case.

BossRush

One or two reworked characters would be welcome and long overdue. I don't think most of them need it, just the ones like Spidey which were somewhat held back by the original MSH moveset/engine limitations. He and Cap always seemed to be designed in that game to behave like MSH versions of Ryu/Ken with the fireball/hurricane kick/DP template. It works fine for Cap, and even Dr. Doom had an interesting moveset in that game that worked for the character in current games. Even Wolverone seemed OK, but the template for Spidey always seemed like it limited him creatively. I think if he would have been designed later it wouldn't necessarily been the case.

I mean, the only move that doesn't really make sense for spidey is spider sting

Ryce

I don't think the news is going up today. I believe there was another press event yesterday, and journalists are usually given a couple of days to write their reports up. I'd guess tomorrow at the earliest and Friday at the latest.

I don't give a SHIT that they are reusing assets. Fuck, developers do it all the time. Injustice 2 is a mishmash of reused assets applied to new characters. I'm not going in expecting brand new animations because at the end of the day, I just want the game to come out.

SF5 took the time and effort to reanimate pretty much everything, and no one appreciated it.

T7 reuses 90% of its animations, and people claim it's the greatest looking current FG.

So, I say, Capcom, reduce, reuse, recycle all day. Don't try to be a hero.

(P.S. Those Alex animations from TvC are just sitting around waiting to be used...just sayin'.)

Sn4ke_911

if the game still looks like this then seriously wtf... this looks like shit compared to MVC3.

mvc-infinite-trailer-screengrab.png

I hope they don't rush it but it makes me worried since it seems they already have a fixed release date.

Don't fuck this up and take your sweet time with it dammit.

Top Bottom