• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Dahbomb

ooooh theres some high lvl Chun going on in Marvel lately? Link me up some video examples pls bomb?
Just look for RyanLV matches dated in 2017. Plenty of footage out there.

And Capcom characters are far more interesting than Marvel characters especially when it comes to fighting game movesets. Gene, Strider and Dante present far more interesting moevesets than characters like Wolverine, Hulk, Captain America etc. Marvel has some cool characters too though but calling to dump Capcom characters is reductive.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
1080p/60fps is a given.

My concern is with the gameplay being dumbed down to oblivion to get the casuals in.

This doesn't look "dumbed down to oblivion" to me.

You can still do your fancy combos. Let's also not forget the Infinite Stones which will add another layer of depth to the game.

mega-man-ryu-attack.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I for one welcome the more beginner friendly gameplay. I love the Mahvel games but i suck at those "hard to learn" fighting games. So thank you for throwing us filthy casuals a bone with this game Capcom and Marvel.

TreIII

I know she's gonna be in it but I don't want Chun-Li in this fucking game

Ditto.

Hell, if it weren't for the fact that she and Ryu are both locked in because of "lol, tradition", my first item would be to bench them both so that they could rotate other SF characters to represent the brand in these kinds of games, instead.

Even another Shoto, like Sean, would be a nice change of pace.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Ditto.

Hell, if it weren't for the fact that she and Ryu are both locked in because of "lol, tradition", my first item would be to bench them both so that they could rotate other SF characters to represent the brand in these kinds of games, instead.

Even another Shoto, like Sean, would be a nice change of pace.

You shut your mouth

I wanted Cammy... sigh

give her pants and we can talk

Jawmuncher

I don't mind Ryu and Chun being back. But it'd be nice if they change their looks a bit. Sexy Ryu and A new default for chun would be cool

This doesn't look "dumbed down to oblivion" to me.

You can still do your fancy combos.

I for one welcome the more beginner friendly gameplay. I love the Mahvel games but i suck at those "hard to learn" fighting games. So thank you for throwing us filthy casuals a bone with this game Capcom and Marvel.

It's about depth and allowing players to express themselves.. which is a huge problem with sfv at the moment so I don't want them taking that route.

Mind you I love sfv but it's pretty straight forward with a constant guessing game that should be left for marvel. UMVC3 was great and made the beginner barrier fine they just can't go lower than 3. Besides the same people claiming for easier access are the same to complain about being boring to watch since you can do the same "fancy complex combos"

Neonep

I expect this game to look incredibly different in the next trailer. Capcom fighting games always look different compared to reveal trailers. Look at SFIV & SFV reveal trailers.

I'm not worried about the depth. The SFV team isn't working on this game. The 90's Vs series guys are. That alone gives me more reason to expect an in-depth game than a shallow one.

Replacing Ryu?
Naaah, he's a classic character for MVC, Chun Li as well.

I would have appreciated Cammy since I play more as her rather than Chun Li on SF

Zaverious

Replace Dante with Lucia.
Frank West with Chuck Greene.
He's the better protagonist anyway.
Chin-Ali with Juri.
Ryu with Rufus.
Chris with Piers Nivans.

Say what? This is great news.

Oh, you weren't aware?

They revealed back at the Playstation Experience that they brought in veteran developers that worked on the older games such as X-Men COTA, Marvel Super Heroes, X-Men Vs Street Fighter, etc, for Infinite. The game is being developed in-house and not being outsourced this time around. The director of Infinite worked on all of those games as well.

So honestly, I think we're good.

Oh, you weren't aware?

They revealed back at the Playstation Experience that they brought in veteran developers that worked on the older games such as X-Men COTA, Marvel Super Heroes, X-Men Vs Street Fighter, etc, for Infinite. The game is being developed in-house and not being outsourced this time around. The director of Infinite worked on all of those games as well.

I didn't know about that at all! I'm starting to get more excited for the game.

Oh, you weren't aware?

We eating fam.

Neonep

Oh, you weren't aware?

Norio Hirose is the director and he has been at Capcom for over 2 decades and has worked on X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Vs. Capcom, Project Justice, & Capcom Vs. SNK

JAXXX

No it doesn't. We saw some flashy combos which is exactly the type of thing they should be scaling back on.

depends on what playing Marvel means to you...

to me without crazy, fast paced , slightly broken, high combos, super jumps, ect- it ain't Marvel I might as well play street fighter.

Jawmuncher

I'd be all for replacing chun with Juri. SF needs a new female face at the front, and Juri is that female character. Chunners needs to retire them thighs and go home to be a family woman.

Top Bottom