• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

So like I did yesterday

Make a roster of 14 marvel characters that represent a diverse line up of mcu characters. You may have 4 newcomers and only 1 non mcu and it can't be a fox character.

Oh, I 100% agree. But when I see people already proclaiming the game to be a bomb, saying it sucks, and that they hope the press/critics/reviews rip the game apart, canceling preorders, calling it an "outlandishly over-priced game that's most likely shit," saying how the launch of this makes sfv look good, etc I have to question it.

I get being disappointed by the roster, what I don't get is judging the game entirely on that one factor alone.

It's no longer that one factor alone though. They are reusing a ton of assets from MvC3, so that means a ton of copy/paste characters just like MvC2 gets shit for doing ALL THE TIME. But MvC2 had an abundance of characters so if Infinite did the same it would be all good right? Except they didn't. Not only are they just bringing mostly old characters over, they aren't even bothering to bring the majority of them and several picks are questionable at best.

You drop your only Final Fight rep but keep two GnG characters on the roster? Haggar even had the grappler archtype that made him unique. What does Arthur do that X doesn't do? Both are gonna have armor based buff supers, both are gonna have multiple weapon specials that hit in a variety of different ways and directions, I don't think it's a stretch to say Arthur wasn't a very popular pick in the last game nor do I recall him being high tier. What the fuck?

I could even forgive all of this if the game looked fantastic. It doesn't. I don't think it looks bad and have even defended it because I thought we were going to take a hit in the visuals department specifically so that we just got as much content as they could fill this game with at launch.

The game doesn't look amazing
The roster size is laughably low, which would be fine if they had inspired picks, which we don't
No assists
Long periods of time with no news, no hype, no encouragement
4 fucking female characters
A boss character that is locked behind DLC

This game is turning into a clusterfuck. Hype train derailed. What is left to look forward to? The story mode? Rumors were already out there that it was disappointing.

Oh dear indeed

If the base roster also had Ms Marvel, Black Panther, Phoenix Wright and Asura I don't think the reactions would be anywhere near as negative, even though there'd still be plenty of characters missing.

As someone who just isn't a super hero fan in general, the main draw for me are the capcom characters, but even that side is boring and uninspired. No Nero, No Rival Schools, Power Stone, Breath of Fire, No Gene, nothing of interest. Jedah and Monster Hunter are exciting, but if we were gonna get such a small roster, I would have rather seen more interesting picks than Nemesis, Chris Redfield, Spencer, and Firebrand.

This game is turning into a clusterfuck. Hype train derailed. What is left to look forward to? The story mode? Rumors were already out there that it was disappointing.

Oh dear indeed

If I remember correctly didn't Capcom really tried to get people hyped for the story mode in MvC3 before it launched? Cause I remember being really excited for it and then it turned out to be almost none existent. The story mode being crap in this game too don't surprise me.

We got another person confirming the roster:
CD68Pdx.png
He writes FGC articles for Yahoo.

JazzmanZ

As someone who just isn't a super hero fan in general, the main draw for me are the capcom characters, but even that side is boring and uninspired. No Nero, No Rival Schools, Power Stone, Breath of Fire, No Gene, nothing of interest. Jedah and Monster Hunter are exciting, but if we were gonna get such a small roster, I would have rather seen more interesting picks than Nemesis, Chris Redfield, Spencer, and Firebrand.
How the fuck are Nemesis and Firebrand not interesting lol

I feel the same, Sparda.

Like, I'm not even angry anymore. Just disappointed as a MVC fan. Most of the people I've talked to are feeling the same way. It's just an ugly feeling, lol. You want to believe this company means well and learned from SFV, but it seems like all of that was just hogwash.

How the fuck are Nemesis and Firebrand not interesting lol

Not really all that interesting to me personally, while more on the obscure side I never played them in UMvC3. Also less interesting in that they're just retreads of UMvC3. Woulda replaced them for some new characters.

Dirtbag

This game has been a total rollercoaster for me and it hasnt even released yet.
I'm so disappointed though as this seems legit.

Collectively pretty let down by the whole package so far

I feel the same, Sparda.

Like, I'm not even angry anymore. Just disappointed as a MVC fan. Most of the people I've talked to are feeling the same way. It's just an ugly feeling, lol. You want to believe this company means well and learned from SFV, but it seems like all of that was just hogwash.
At this point, staying a hopeful Capcom fan feels like an impossible task. For every good thing that they manage to do, they'll throw a ton of shitty stuff at you.

Bogard

Absolute disappointment for me. I didn't expect *so much* to be recycled from 3.

Admittedly, my dream pick that never had a chance would be Howard the Duck.

Part of me is still in denial and believes that Ryce is intentionally misleading us cause he's a sadist.

Hasn't it been corroborated by a few people already? Saikyo's information lines up relatively well with the Ryce leak, and there was that dude on twitter who said he's hearing the same things. I don't want it to be real either, but this would have to be a major inside job for it to not be true at this point.

NexusCell

24 hours later and I'm still pissed about this. God dammit. First thing on my to do list at SDCC is to ask why they have such a small rooster at the Capcom event

I needed Jill or Wesker... but we got Nemesis, well, those people who main him are going to be happy though.

I'm one of, like, 10 people that use him so yeah, I'm happy. I do think that, objectively speaking, he shouldn't have gotten in over Wesker. Very bizarre choice.

I'm only doubting him because it's weird he got permission to leak the entire roster.

When has this happened before?

I don't doubt him since Ryce has been trustworthy so far and I doubt he wants to get banned. I'd love for him to be wrong this time, though. :(

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm not an insider, so I don't have any info lol

Just going by what sources have been telling about the leak.

I'm saying that since there are DLC that could solve the problem unfortunately.

I'm only doubting him because it's weird he got permission to leak the entire roster.

When has this happened before?

Part of me is still in denial and believes that Ryce is intentionally misleading us cause he's a sadist.

I don't think Ryce would risk his account to do that.

SnakeEyez

What's the reused assets from mvc3? Are we talking about characters? If it is the characters, they do look different (so it's not a copy-paste job a-la mvc2) and they have different moves, even it's not a completely different move set (looking at Hawkeye). Alright Chris... Yea he looks to be the exact same. Speaking of Chris, why is he in this game again??? The story trailer where he shoots Ultron shows how much he doesn't belong in this game.... Oh right, Nemesis...

tribal24

Banned
So like I did yesterday

Make a roster of 14 marvel characters that represent a diverse line up of mcu characters. You may have 4 newcomers and only 1 non mcu and it can't be a fox character.

1. Captain Marvel
  2. Ironman
  3. Captain America
  4. Hulk
  5. Hawkeye
  6. Rocket/groot
  7. Ultron
  8. Ms.America
  9. Black Panther
  10. Gamora
  11. Thanos
  12. Spiderman
  13. Doctor Strange
  14. Thor

4 new comers here including ultron and in that 4 new comers 1 is not in the mcc if were adding 3 dlc characters even better lol

Venom
Vision
Black Widow

Tirael

Ryce obviously want to see the game succeed, there's no reason he would intentionally mislead us or anyone else. Telling us about this roster tanks hype.

But at least we can come to terms with it by release.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So like I did yesterday

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Hawkeye
Thanos
Ultron
Black Panther
Dr Strange
Ant-Man
Captain Marvel
She-Hulk
Spider-Man
Rocket Raccoon w Groot
Star-Lord (DLC)
Dr. Octopus (DLC)
Ms. Marvel (DLC)

I had to cut Loki and Daredevil but I figure they might have better shot in 2018 Pass.

You know, seeing what Capcom does at E3 will be really interesting.

Best case scenario: trailer starts, stuff is happening, then a character that isn't on the leaked roster is shown. That would be nutty as fuck. Can you imagine the amount of confusion and excitement that would create?

tribal24

Banned

Best case scenario: trailer starts, stuff is happening, then a character that isn't on the leaked roster is shown. That would be nutty as fuck. Can you imagine the amount of confusion and excitement that would create?

yeah hopefully theres still hope for this happening

So like I did yesterday

9 old MCU characters:
Captain America
Iron Man
Spider-Man
Hulk
Thor
Dr. Strange
Rocket Raccoon
Ghost Rider
Thanos

4 new MCU characters:
Black Panther
Ultron
Captain Marvel
Hela

1 non-MCU/Fox character:
Venom

J-Tier

Then it ends with "Pre-Order the Deluxe Edition for Sigma and ****** as DLC!"

Tirael

Stage 3: Bargaining.

Top Bottom