• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

ynG4317.gif

So when it says "Heroes and Villains will fight together", I'm guessing it'll only be Jedah and Thanos fighting alongside. Would Firebrand and Nemesis fight against Ultron-Sigma, too?

wow,where is STORM!!!!!!!

Have you been living under a rock the past 2 years? There was a mutant ban well into the game's development. Storm will be DLC at best.

I'm with you pal.

lol.
Though I do actually agree, MODOK was a fantastic character and I'm genuinely sad they cut him. He was one of the ones I was pretty sure would get the axe, and I'm disappointed I was right.

Then again most of the Marvel side stinks anyway so no real surprise.

J-Tier

My troll leak from awhile back. It's actually comparable to the full roster. Arguably better.

Captain Marvel
Dr. Strange
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Fist
Iron Man
Loki
MODOK
Medusa
Ms. Marvel
Punisher
Rocket Raccoon
Spider-Man (Morales)
Spider-Man (Parker)
Star-Lord
Thor
Vision
Ultron
Thanos
Albert Wesker
Amaterasu
Bulleta
Chun-Li
Dante
Jedah
Jill Valentine
Leilei
Mega Man X
Morrigan
Nash
Phoenix Wright
Ryu
Spencer
Strider
Vergil
Zero
Sigma
Akuma

tribal24

Banned
Now that we somewhat got a grasp of what we getting, here's a question I have for you guys. This, or a X-Men vs Street Fighter 2??

i'd take X-men vs Street Fighter Screw that, shit would blow my mind again just seeing cyclops and ryu giving each other handshakes.

Even with the gimp roster I'd still take this over a straight marvel or capcom fighting game. I'm always going to prefer a vs game over a single franchise game even if it's vs something I have no knowledge of (Tatsunoko).

So like I did yesterday

Make a roster of 14 marvel characters that represent a diverse line up of mcu characters. You may have 4 newcomers and only 1 non mcu and it can't be a fox character.
Marvel didn't even try imo. They put the entire burden of making attractive roster solely on Capcom's side and there was no way Capcom could please everyone with just fourteen slots.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wonder if people are still really expecting a robust story mode and shit after all this and the september release. It's looking more and more like another SF5 style rush job, and that one at least had new models >_>

LaNaranja

The Marvel side is really really uninspired (Capcom side too for that matter). A single left field choice would have done wonders to liven up the roster. Someone like Asbestos Lady, Impossible Man, Goldballs or Doop.

Phillyrider807

Neo Member
So after coming to terms with the roster. I do think the plan for dlc for this game is to release them in packs of 3.

I can easily see a

Xmen pack(Wolverine/Mag/Deadpool)
SF Pack(Akuma/Viper/Sfv rep)
Defenders Pack(Daredevil/Punisher/Iron Fist)
Resident Evil Pack(Wesker/Leon/Jill)
Villians Pack(Doom/Skrull/Loki)
DMC Pack(Vergil/Trish/Nero)

3 Marvel packs/3 Capcom packs. All the characters we all want back are there. This also wouldn't include any characters from the 6 were getting at the end of this year (Sigma/Venom/4 more)

I hate to say it but i would buy everyone of these packs and this only includes 6 newcomers.(Sfv Rep, Daredevil, Punisher, Leon, Loki, Nero) The rest is just ported from Marvel 3. Looking at this i see the business sense of it from Capcom's point of view. As scummy as it is. Little to no work at all porting over all the characters and they make millions from it

Also (and i might be in the minority here) But i don't think Marvel's side is that bad. Like we KNEW Marvel's roster was gonna be MCU based. Yet were complaining that it's MCU based?? When u realize then Venom and X-men are coming down the line Marvel's side is honestly not bad at all. Needs more females(Scarlet Witch/Black Widow/Ms.Marvel) But it's not bad.

Capcom's side is the real travesty here. Capcom's side was the side where they were able to take risk and add diversity. Again we KNEW Marvel's side would be MCU based. So thinking characters like Squirrel Girl Gwenpool or Howard the duck was gonna be in is just fooling yourself. HOWEVER there was a very good chance we could finally get Regina/Gene/Asura/Falcon/Nero and Capcom just COMPLETELY dropped the ball here. Jedah alone, as awesome as he is can't save that roster.

LaNaranja

Xmen pack(Wolverine/Mag/Deadpool)
SF Pack(Akuma/Viper/Sfv rep)
Defenders Pack(Daredevil/Punisher/Iron Fist)
Resident Evil Pack(Wesker/Leon/Jill)
Villians Pack(Doom/Skrull/Loki)
DMC Pack(Vergil/Trish/Nero)
That list of characters would still be completely missing any minority characters. Can you imagine the (rightful) shit show if they decided to do a defenders pack and excluding Jessica Jones and Luke Cage while throwing in fucking Punisher? And X-Men with no Storm.

Capcom's side was the side where they were able to take risk and add diversity. Again we KNEW Marvel's side would be MCU based. So thinking characters like Squirrel Girl Gwenpool or Howard the duck was gonna be in is just fooling yourself.
First of all, Squirrel Girl has already been confirmed for the MCU and Howard the Duck is in both Guardians movies. The supposed "MCU only" rule wouldn't apply to them.

More importantly though, being MCU based is not an acceptable excuse for having a roster completely lacking any minorities and having only two females. The MCU has Robbie Reyes, Quake, Hellcat, Falcon, War Machine, Night Nurse, Black Widow, Deathlock, Misty Knight, Medusa, Black Panther, Mockingbird, Scarlet Witch, Colleen Wing, Cloak and Dagger and Jessica Jones. Even without mutants, the "well it had to be MCU" excuse is still bullshit for the almost exclusively white male Marvel side.

A Robbie/Daisy team would have been incredible. :(
KFUlAWh.gif

Dueck

Banned
One of the lead XMvSF guys is working on this.
I don't think that's the problem... It's the poor, Disney-mandated MCU roster choices upsetting everyone.

This is another FF7R for me. Lots of excitement upon seeing the announcement, which is totally thrown into a dumpster and set on fire by more information trickling out. I want to be excited, but I'm just not. I hate the MCU outside of Guardians of the Galaxy. Its existence annoys me. Seeing it suck the life out of this broke me.

Phillyrider807

Neo Member
That list of characters would still be completely missing any minority characters. Can you imagine the (rightful) shit show if they decided to do a defenders pack and excluding Jessica Jones and Luke Cage while throwing in fucking Punisher? And X-Men with no Storm.

First of all, Squirrel Girl has already been confirmed for the MCU and Howard the Duck is in both Guardians movies. The supposed "MCU only" rule wouldn't apply to them.

More importantly though, being MCU based is not an acceptable excuse for having a roster completely lacking any minorities and having only two females. The MCU has Robbie Reyes, Quake, Hellcat, Falcon, War Machine, Night Nurse, Black Widow, Deathlock, Misty Knight, Medusa, Black Panther, Mockingbird, Scarlet Witch, Colleen Wing, Cloak and Dagger and Jessica Jones. Even without mutants, the "well it had to be MCU" excuse is still bullshit for the almost exclusively white male Marvel side.

A Robbie/Daisy team would have been incredible. :(
KFUlAWh.gif

Yea i agree with that.

Neonep

No reason for Daredevil to not be here at launch. The Defenders premieres on Netflix in August and none of them are anywhere to be found.

I'm sure everybody has discussed Black Panther missing.

Please Mahvel Gods, please let the Nova of MvCI be Richard Rider.

I think it's likely. Rider was voiced by Troy Baker in 3, Baker is also the recent voice for Hawkeye for Assemble however he's not voicing him in Infinite, I don't think they'd do that unless Baker was voicing another character.

Phillyrider807

Neo Member
No reason for Daredevil to not be here at launch. The Defenders premieres on Netflix in August and none of them are anywhere to be found.

I'm sure everybody has discussed Black Panther missing.

To be fair marvel's 3 dlc characters this year are all but confirmed to be Venom/Black Panther/Daredevil if the variant covers are anything to go by.

So like I did yesterday:

Make a roster of 14 Marvel characters that represent a diverse line up of MCU characters. You may have 4 newcomers and only 1 non-MCU and it can't be a Fox character.
MARVEL:
OLD:
Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Hawkguy, Dr. Strange, Spider Man, Rocket Raccoon + Groot, Nova, Ghost Rider
NEW:
Captain Marvel, Miss America, Thanos, Ultron
DLC:
Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, Daredevil, Moon Knight, Venom, Deadpool

CAPCOM:
OLD:
Ryu, Dante, Strider, Frank West, Morrigan, Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe, Wesker, Phoenix Wright, Chun Li
NEW:
Monster Hunter, X, Sigma, Franziska Von Karma
DLC:
Zero, Ruby Heart, Mike Haggar, Chris/Jill, Captain Commando, Batsu

Neoxon

I think it's likely. Rider was voiced by Troy Baker in 3, Baker is also the recent voice for Hawkeye for Assemble however he's not voicing him in Infinite, I don't think they'd do that unless Baker was voicing another character.
Yeah, they kept Chris Cox as Hawkeye in MvCI, so there's hope for Richard.

Neonep

Hopefully Capcom is aggressive about DLC. Finishing the year with 34 characters is well enough. If they can then release 2 characters a month for another 3 to 4 months after that then we are in business.

Neoxon

OLD:
Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Hawkeye (Hawkguy)
Dr. Strange
Spider Man
Rocket Raccoon + Groot
Nova
Ghost Rider

NEW:
Captain Marvel
Miss America
Thanos
Ultron

DLC:
Ms. Marvel
Black Panther
Daredevil
Moon Knight
Eddie Brock Venom/Space Knight Venom
Deadpool (Why the hell is he not in the base game???)
Fox, that's why

Phillyrider807

Neo Member
Hopefully Capcom is aggressive about DLC. Finishing the year with 34 characters is well enough. If they can then release 2 characters a month for another 3 to 4 months after that then we are in business.

I agree and thats what i think is gonna happen as well. Were already getting 6 dlc characters in the span of 3 months. Thats the same amount that SFV got in a entire year.

If we can get 12-14 characters a year for the next 2 years i actually won't be upset at that. It also keeps the game fresh. It's one of the main reasons Overwatch is my most played game right now because almost every month their is something new.

Neoxon

SneakersSO & I just finished recording for VesperArcade's MvCI podcast. But just warning you guys now, it's a bit of a long one. As such, I wouldn't expect it to hit YouTube for a while.

Top Bottom