• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wake me up when Wesker's announced
FWIW that shifty twitter leaker says Wesker is dead at that point in the RE timeline, and Ultron Sigma revives Nemesis to fight the heroes, annnd that Wesker will never be in the game but Leon is S1 DLC and will come later.

There's a lot more interesting stuff he says that makes for an interesting read but he keeps changing his story so it's not worth talking about, but I check it anyways

Only Ryce's seems reasonable to me.

The second list reads like bad fanfiction. Look at the history of leaks, and they never write something so long and entertaining.

The zip list means Capcom uses zip files...lol. I would love to believe that Dormammu is in, but it smells on that basis alone. Then the question is also why no one has independently verified it.

Skilletor

The second list reads like bad fanfiction. Look at the history of leaks, and they never write something so long and entertaining.

The zip list means Capcom uses zip files...lol. I would love to believe that Dormammu is in, but it smells on that basis alone. Then the question is also why no one has independently verified it.

He was just in a movie. ;)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Zero leaker was right about Zero's VA, right? Could be a good/logical guess, though.

Also, have we thrown Rikurikumore to the bushes? Not necessarily disproven yet, but he never distinguished base or DLC, or claimed he knew everything.

There's so much deviance I don't know how much of anything is reliable but you can track those screenshots back to before the reveals and man, they are pretty prophetic.

Ryce talked to his source and the source said it's plausible, I guess for the same reasons why we think it is. Lines up too well.

Yes, new leak implied that we might get more characters than 28 characters.

---------------------------------

Currently we have about three rumors or leaks that haven't disproved yet.

1. Ryce Leak - 28 characters

2. Zero, Theme DLC, and Story mode Leak

3. Datamine List
Thanks for the info IntelliHeath.
Don't really think that the second option could be true, but who knows?

About the third one, models for some of those characters could only be used for story purposes. So I will be cautious with this.

Seyavesh

all the returning characters in the ".zip" leak have the same capitalization structure as their MVC3 counterparts which is some extreme attention to detail
wLtefsJ.png

cuCdzjS.png

are the two big ones that stick out bc they have such weird schemes

but yeah, my gut feeling screams MK style story cameos

also instead of meio it should've totally been solo. that guy is fuckin' cool and has a ton of really cool attacks+potential for cool movement due to his flying nature

5RgPAT2.png

sinkfla87

The only 2 things giving any credence to that .zip leak are:

1) There are files for the Alt costumes that were announced at E3.

2) More importantly, Ryce's source has seen the leak and has not deconfirmed it. They said they're pretty sure on the 28 starting roster but didn't call the leak complete bullshit and that it's very well possibly legit.

Didn't MvC 3 have unlockable characters? The original, not ultimate I mean.

The second "leak" is way too detailed, and we know that Dah'ren Mohran is the story mode boss, not Rathalos.

Well we can say that second leak is bullshit now right? LOL.

Wouldn't "Restraint Thanos" be referring to him when he was imprisoned in the story?

I find it hard to believe someone could've luckily guessed that and been accurate.

tribal24

Banned
The only 2 things giving any credence to that .zip leak are:

1) There are files for the Alt costumes that were announced at E3.

2) More importantly, Ryce's source has seen the leak and has not deconfirmed it. They said they're pretty sure on the 28 starting roster but didn't call the leak complete bullshit and that it's very well possibly legit.

Didn't MvC 3 have unlockable characters? The original, not ultimate I mean.

Well we can say that second leak is bullshit now right? LOL.

i don't think they would do the unlock able character thing again but it would be pretty dope wouldn't be MVC with out a character unlocking somewhere.

Ryce

Wouldn't "Restraint Thanos" be referring to him when he was imprisoned in the story?

I find it hard to believe someone could've luckily guessed that and been accurate.
The file leak's inclusion of Restraint Thanos, Grandmaster Meio (the Strider villain shown in the trailer), and Dah'ren Mohran (the Monster Hunter monster shown in the trailer) are enough for me to consider it legitimate. The odds of someone guessing those three names are like .0000001%.

The file leak's inclusion of Restraint Thanos, Grandmaster Meio (the Strider villain shown in the trailer), and Dah'ren Mohran (the Monster Hunter monster shown in the trailer) are enough for me to consider it legitimate. The odds of someone guessing those three names are like .0000001%.

f7FdEdG.jpg

tribal24

Banned
I'm trying to figure out how winter soldier and ghost rider, frank west and haggar play into this maybe those are the secret 4 character if they were to do a repeat of MVC 3. Venom having jobbers in the game would make me think Venom has a big part of the story. I can see Venom being in the main cast. Ryce with your information was antman planned to be in the story at all if you know about that?

Risero

Banned

I wouldn't believe the Zips either but they had Grandmaster Meio and Daheren Mohran before they were shown in the story trailer

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

also a costume for Carol, which we now know is a PS4 exclusive

In the spirit of CEO, I present to you "Real Jebaileys don't cry!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wOT4s3iDoY

I feel bad :(

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Well, the files was released like 6 or 7 days before the story trailer (E3) got aired with few characters that are more likely to be hard to predict, like Grandmaster and that Dragon.

Dahbomb

If that leak ends up being real then that would be one of the best gaming twists in a while.

Of course I am very skeptical of it. Someone could have just seen the trailer and then threw that stuff in with a little bit of extra juice in there to get people talking.

1. That leak was given 8 days before e3.
2. It detailed restraint thanos
3. It detailed grand master meio & Dahren Moran
4. alternate costume zip files can be seen.

Yeah... Its very plausible. As someone else on this board has stated, the only event that I see it not being real is if someone so happen to see the trailers early... But even than, i questioned how they were so smart to throw in the dlc costumes as well.

Ryce

Even if the file leak is legitimate, it's possible that the extra names are DLC. I don't think it's worth getting excited over just yet.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If that leak ends up being real then that would be one of the best gaming twists in a while.

Of course I am very skeptical of it. Someone could have just seen the trailer and then threw that stuff in with a little bit of extra juice in there to get people talking.
It would have also required them to know about the PS4-exclusive Captain Marvel costume, though, AND play the story demo (restrained Thanos).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Yeah, I suspected that as well as being cautious with the leak. AT least, it's fun to discuss about it tho.

Then what do we do with Dormammu in that list?

He isn't on Ryce's list.
He can't be S1 DLC because he is a returning character.
Having him as story mode only seems insane given that they have the character model done from MvC3.

Obviously I am incredibly biased individual in this regard, so I need folks here to set me straight on what we are probably looking at.

I wouldn't believe the Zips either but they had Grandmaster Meio and Daheren Mohran before they were shown in the story trailer
I dig.

He was just in a movie. ;)
I still haven't seen it. :/

Well, the files was released like 6 or 7 days before the story trailer (E3) got aired with few characters that are more likely to be hard to predict, like Grandmaster and that Dragon.
Oh, I didn't realize that was the timeline. Seems legit then.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Even if the file leak is legitimate, it's possible that the extra names are DLC. I don't think it's worth getting excited over just yet.

Haggar, Dormammu, Ghost Rider wouldnt be DLC tho in theory, with the "All New" tag

Im wondering... could we have "secret" charactes that need to be unlocked. That would explain why Ryce wouldnt have been given those names.

Dahbomb

Unless Ghost Rider is Robbie Reyes, which I doubt since carrying over Johnny Blaze would be easier. Then again, they are pulling a lot from the MCU.
Son who the hell are you even kidding with that junk?

If and I mean IF Ghost Rider is making into this game... he is going to be copy/pasta from Marvel 3 just like Nova was. So he most definitely will not be "all new".

sinkfla87

Haggar, Dormammu, Ghost Rider wouldnt be DLC tho in theory, with the "All New" tag

I'd feel bad for anyone who liked those characters if they ended up getting delegated to NPC for story mode only.

If S1 is all new characters then I imagine it would be 3 for Marvel and 3 for Capcom, which is only logical haha.

So... (And remember I would hope this isn't the case)

Capcom:
Sigma
Hunter
Meio

Marvel:
Black Panther
Ant man
Winter Soldier

Dahbomb

Haggar, Dorm and Ghost Rider are characters that I personally had making into the game easy before all these leaks. They are famous, fan favorite characters by now and don't conflict with any bans/license crap. They all fit very specific archetypes too so it was a no brainer to me.

If they aren't in the initial roster then they will be DLC later on in the game's life cycle. We will get them eventually, I am confident in that assessment.

I'd feel bad for anyone who liked those characters if they ended up getting delegated to NPC for story mode only.

If S1 is all new characters then I imagine it would be 3 for Marvel and 3 for Capcom, which is only logical haha.

So... (And remember I would hope this isn't the case)

Capcom:
Sigma
Hunter
Meio

Marvel:
Black Panther
Ant man
Winter Soldier
That would be 4 MegaMan characters in the roster and only 1 DMC character lol. You know what I'm going to say Lady could be one of the first dlc characters and could be revealed at psx... All because Dante doesn't use kalina Ann anymore in MvC:I. Book it folks.

sinkfla87

Where the hell does that .zip datamining come from ?

The E3 demo ran on PCs or what ?

You know what, I'm a complete noob when it comes to these things but...

Remember how there was a method of getting P.T. back onto your PS4 after it was removed from PSN? Could someone do that in reverse to datamine the demo? That's probably a stupid question but I know next to nothing about these things lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Then what do we do with Dormammu in that list?

He isn't on Ryce's list.
He can't be S1 DLC because he is a returning character.
Having him as story mode only seems insane given that they have the character model done from MvC3.

Obviously I am incredibly biased individual in this regard, so I need folks here to set me straight on what we are probably looking at.
I'd have to assume he was base roster, but remember, Dormammu was also supposed to be one of the main villains in MvC3's story, and we know the writer of MvC3's story is back contributing for MvC:I, so I wouldn't be surprised if story ideas from MvC3 got reworked into MvC:I.

Im wondering... could we have "secret" charactes that need to be unlocked. That would explain why Ryce wouldnt have been given those names.
Shitty twitter leaker says 40 characters, 6 of which are unlockable including Zero #justsaying
Yes I know it doesn't jive with anything more reliable like Ryce or the zip leaks

Neoxon

I'd have to assume he was base roster, but remember, Dormammu was also supposed to be one of the main villains in MvC3's story, and we know the writer of MvC3's story is back contributing for MvC:I, so I wouldn't be surprised if story ideas from MvC3 got reworked into MvC:I.

Shitty twitter leaker says 40 characters, 6 of which are unlockable including Zero #justsaying
Yes I know it doesn't jive with anything more reliable like Ryce or the zip leaks
Hasn't Capcom actively avoided unlockable characters as of late?

You know what though... I could have swore I heard combo fiend or that PR guy say you unlock characters as you progress through the story. I could be 100% wrong on that.

tribal24

Banned
Hasn't Capcom actively avoided unlockable characters as of late?

true but mvc 3 had it, again would surprise me if they pull off the unlock able character thing with a toggle in options for VS. If you want to earn them by unlocking them manually through story mode if they give you segments to select characters you don't have them there until you unlock them.

Had Ryce not posted his list I would have guessed hunter and jedah were the newcomer capcom dlc alongside Sigma. I think the fact meio and dah'ren where shown in the trailer but not "pre order now to get ____ as dlc" should confirm neither is playable/planned for this season of dlc.

Had Ryce not posted his list I would have guessed hunter and jedah were the newcomer capcom dlc alongside Sigma. I think the fact meio and dah'ren where shown in the trailer but not "pre order now to get ____ as dlc" should confirm neither is playable/planned for this season of dlc.
Maybe Dormammu is base and Jedah and MH are DLC.

Top Bottom