• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Dahbomb

Justin Wong is starting to have a meltdown over being called a sellout and shill. he's arguing w/ the stream monsters. LOl

https://www.twitch.tv/jwonggg

he admits to hate sf4 and played sfv only because of his love of Karin. He thinks graphics shouldn't matter, only gameplay. He thinks because he's old school and played 8bit games so graphics dont matter much to him. He does think the graphics arent great in MVCI but its fun and thats all that matters.

check it out

Justin catching them feels.. LOL!

sinkfla87

I was thinking about it and even before SFV was given a full cinematic story mode (which was awful), fans and even some Capcom people were looking at MK and NRS games in general for how they handled their story modes as those are pretty much the pinnacle of the mode in fighting games. If this truly is the case then they probably looked at MKX, which to much ire of the fans included several characters from MK9 as NPCs in story mode (which were never released as DLC). They didn't have variations like other characters and were basically reskinned assets from the previous game. What if that's the explanation for characters like Dorm showing up? I hope not...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I was thinking about it and even before SFV was given a full cinematic story mode (which was awful), fans and even some Capcom people were looking at MK and NRS games in general for how they handled their story modes as those are pretty much the pinnacle of the mode in fighting games. If this truly is the case then they probably looked at MKX, which to much ire of the fans included several characters from MK9 as NPCs in story mode (which were never released as DLC). They didn't have variations like other characters and were basically reskinned assets from the previous game. What if that's the explanation for characters like Dorm showing up? I hope not...

5gO6VgF.gif

You better not jinx it but now I can see your point and I think they did same thing with SFV.

sephi22

Umm, Fchamp was one of the loudest voices criticizing Chun Li's model in MvCi.
https://twitter.com/fchampryan/status/874453919736320000
https://twitter.com/fchampryan/status/874457373338853376

This doesn't prove anything other than he's consistent.

Anyways, the game looks really fun. And, the E3 built seems to look much better than the story demo...so onward we go, toward release.
Umm...you just skipped what I wrote after quoting that tweet there little buddy.

To be fair, it's a but disingenuous to call him a hypocrite because of this as I recall seeing him critique the graphics and mention talking to Ono about them, not that I expect that to change anything

sinkfla87

You better not jinx it but now I can see your point and I think they did same thing with SFV.

Hahaha I hope I don't jinx it either. It just wouldn't surprise me if of all things to be influenced by, Capcom would do the one thing that pissed a lot of NRS fans off and bring back major characters to be story mode filler only.

sephi22

I wouldn't be surprised if the animation and modelling work was outsourced to some company in India. And I hope saying that doesn't make me racist
because I'm Indian

Dahbomb

Apparently Max thinks that there will be more than 28 characters in the game starting out and Asura might make it in.

Fucking white list VIP shiller insider!!!!!

I have no idea what to think anymore. Ant-Man isn't on that list, but Ryce confirmed he's in.

There might be quite a few characters we were unaware of that make it in.

sinkfla87

Apparently Max thinks that there will be more than 28 characters in the game starting out and Asura might make it in.

Fucking white list VIP shiller insider!!!!!

I can definitely see Asura as DLC at some point. Maybe 1st newcomer pack?

I have ANOTHER theory, however it treads the line between sanity and conspiracy theory.
[Crowd moans]:

What if this .zip leak was created and shared by someone within Capcom? Ever since Ryce's leak and until this "leak" surfaced, people have been downing the game for such a shitty and small roster. Obviously, they're not going to directly deconfirmed or comment on the Ryce leak because if it ends up being true (which I believe it is) then they'll get called out for lying upon release. If it's partially true and they publicly said that then they've just spoiled a good chunk of future reveals that I'm sure are already grinding away in the PR machine to build hype for the months up until release. If it was false then they most certainly would have said so as they had no issue with commenting on the "No DP" leak.

Characters not on the launch roster that are in these files could be used to give us false hope for a bigger roster which would confuse us and regenerate hype (which it so clearly has). It leaves us to believe in the small possibility of a larger starting roster, pulling us back in. If the .zip leak is BS then it wouldn't matter and Capcom wouldn't catch heat about that specific leak as its validity and origin are still in question.

Yes I've gone off the deep end. That's all, folks.

Seyavesh

I can definitely see Asura as DLC at some point. Maybe 1st newcomer pack?

I have ANOTHER theory, however it treads the line between sanity and conspiracy theory.
[Crowd moans]:

What if this .zip leak was created and shared by someone within Capcom? Ever since Ryce's leak and until this "leak" surfaced, people have been downing the game for such a shitty and small roster. Obviously, they're not going to directly deconfirmed or comment on the Ryce leak because if it ends up being true (which I believe it is) then they'll get called out for lying upon release. If it's partially true and they publicly said that then they've just spoiled a good chunk of future reveals that I'm sure are already grinding away in the PR machine to build hype for the months up until release. If it was false then they most certainly would have said so as they had no issue with commenting on the "No DP" leak.

Characters not on the launch roster that are in these files could be used to give us false hope for a bigger roster which would confuse us and regenerate hype (which it so clearly has). It leaves us to believe in the small possibility of a larger starting roster, pulling us back in. If the .zip leak is BS then it wouldn't matter and Capcom wouldn't catch heat about that specific leak as its validity is still in question.

Yes I've gone off the deep end. That's all, folks.

i feel like a better way of offsetting that would just to actually show those chars at e3 rather than confirm ryce's leak, haha. the damage has been done and folks who have been paying attention are mostly working off his list now and all eyes were on them at e3 to show some kind of big surprise like "hey dormammu and haggar are back yall" as a method of debunking or allaying fears

if it does turn out they had all this shit waitin in the wings then it is pretty hilarious that they managed to somehow plow into that wall of confirming ryce's list haphazardly rather than doing that

McNum

Is there a place to look up info on specific characters... that isn't Eventhubs?

I kind of want to know everything there is to know about X, because from what I've seen... I think I can play him. Probably not optimally, but I think I can make X work. But I've been having trouble finding much of anything with him.

I did see a basic combo video, which used a lot of Power Stone wallbounces, so that might be a thing for him. Also, he needs a partner, and maybe one who has a vertical Hyper, since catching someone in a double Rising Fire seems like the perfect time to tag and Hyper. Who has that? Doctor Strange, Zero... anyone else?

Keylow415

Been watching max stream with mvci footage he has and this game is hella entertaining to watch. High level play in mvci is going to be crazy. Pretty excited

Seyavesh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5qBcZWxoJI#t=1m49s

very interesting that they immediately flip out on gettin' hit despite the super still going- wonder if a lot of the "lockdown" supers are like that or if it's a specific thing they singled out with million dollars?

it almost looks like that attack spencer did groundbounced and then ironman flipped out, but there wasn't anything that would've used groundbounce beforehand and the super didn't cause the flipout either?

later on in the vid million dollars 2nd to last hit ends up hittin' em and it still does the big float so really curious about what's goin' on w/ that

sinkfla87

i feel like a better way of offsetting that would just to actually show those chars at e3 rather than confirm ryce's leak, haha. the damage has been done and folks who have been paying attention are mostly working off his list now and all eyes were on them at e3 to show some kind of big surprise like "hey dormammu and haggar are back yall" as a method of debunking or allaying fears

if it does turn out they had all this shit waitin in the wings then it is pretty hilarious that they managed to somehow plow into that wall of confirming ryce's list haphazardly rather than doing that

Haha that is true. I'll remove my tinfoil hat... For more.
I don't know why it crossed my mind but I did think there might be a small possibility of a game of 4D chess going on here. I don't know why... It's Capcom we're talking about, not the talented Mr. Ripley.

MrCarter

Justin Wong is starting to have a meltdown over being called a sellout and shill. he's arguing w/ the stream monsters. LOl

https://www.twitch.tv/jwonggg

he admits to hate sf4 and played sfv only because of his love of Karin. He thinks graphics shouldn't matter, only gameplay. He thinks because he's old school and played 8bit games so graphics dont matter much to him. He does think the graphics arent great in MVCI but its fun and thats all that matters.

check it out

It's utterly sad that he has to justify himself to these kind of people.

I-hate-u

Was Capcom paid off by Disney to make the Capcom characters look significantly worse compared to the Marvel ones or something??

There is a HUUUGE difference between Capt.Marvel and Chun.

Lulubop

All the premium costume models like really good, look at Thor and X especially. Rocket Raccoon and Groot look really good too. There's some weird was inconsistencies.

Anyway, Thanks looks so sick.

vg260

img_tokuten2.jpg

Capt.Marvel DLC costume in game

Nice costume, horrible visual effect filters. It's a shame they're going the Tekken 7 route of shitting up otherwise decent models. This kills me when developers do this. There's no need to mess with all the coloring. The game could look so nice and sharp and colorful without that pukey haze/blur/color shift. It makes games look worse. Gotta get your money's worth out of the "cinematic" UE4 filters I guess.

Damnit... Desk beat me to the combo video....

Oh well. I shown enough GIFS on this board to give people the general feel that THIS IS MAHVEL.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Damn, Gamora is looking like someone I could really see myself playing as.

Green female + big ass word + big ass laser gun is right up my alley.

EDIT: Ooofff, the shows below look fuckign badass. Don't know why they didn't show off any gameplay for Gamora.

Ryce

Those Gamora screens have been out for a few days. There are also a couple more:

3kXZXmM.jpg
c4TqFP7.jpg

I'm really looking forward to seeing her in action.

Top Bottom