• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

I miss from mvc/umvc3 hype train the single character focused trailers. It was nice to quickly be able to link someone to a minute trailer of a new character who they didn't know then say "skip to x time in y trailer to see 10 seconds of that character"

Holy shit you guys werent kidding with reusing of animations.
Dante is nearly identical i thought they would change atleast supermoves.

Even voices feels same?

Ryce

I miss from mvc/umvc3 hype train the single character focused trailers. It was nice to quickly be able to link someone to a minute trailer of a new character who they didn't know then say "skip to x time in y trailer to see 10 seconds of that character"
Everything about this game's marketing is beyond anticlimactic. With so few new characters you'd think Capcom would want to make each newcomer reveal feel special, yet there isn't even gameplay footage of Gamora yet. Injustice 2 did character announcements right with weekly countdowns and live-streamed reveals.

Think I learned that a nice way to get yourself out of trouble is by doing an infinity storm. Found myself about to get screwed bby ultron sigmas super and to counter it I x-factored err i mean infinity storm to be able to block it. I think im sure the starting up of it has some invincible frames as well.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
img_tokuten2.jpg

Capt.Marvel DLC costume in game

Look pretty awesome! :O

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Everything about this game's marketing is beyond anticlimactic. With so few new characters you'd think Capcom would want to make each newcomer reveal feel special, yet there isn't even gameplay footage of Gamora yet. Injustice 2 did character announcements right with weekly countdowns and live-streamed reveals.

Not to defend their marketing method since I agrees with you mostly since they could have weekly or bi weekly updates but whatever.

However, I want to point out that we didn't get Rocket Raccoon gameplay with second batch of announced fighters. They are pulling same thing with Gamora so I would imagine that we might get Gamora gameplay in Gameplay #4 trailer.

Spinky

Gamora looks fucking cool.

Have always been kind of excited for her because the comic version of her is usually twenty times cooler than her MCU counterpart, at least design-wise.

New ̶w̶a̶i̶f̶u̶ main.
Even voices feels same?

Voices definitely don't feel the same. Almost everyone sounds either bored or just plain weird. I couldn't even tell whether it was Roger Craig Smith voicing Chris at first, it totally sounds like him in cutscenes but then during gameplay it sort of sounds like a different person to me.

Reuben Langdon's voicing Dante as usual, but... I don't even know how to explain it, in gameplay he just sounds really off to me. That "ashes to ashes" quote is a good example, but I don't even know why it feels off.

Also, Iron Man used to be like "PROTOOOOON CANNOOOOOOOOON", now it's just "proton cannon i guess idk".

tangled55

Has it been officially been confirmed that every character has a self-OTG? And, by self-otg, I mean a real one, not like a functionally useless one or one that requires meter like Storm or Jill in UMvC3.

Oh, and I still want Storm...it can happen...right? :(

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
do we have any gamora footy? or a movelist? would like to see what kind of character she is

Gamora looks fucking cool.

Have always been kind of excited for her because the comic version of her is usually twenty times cooler than her MCU counterpart, at least design-wise.

yeah, her look in her solo mini is real cool

I wonder if MVCI Chun would look better with Sunglasses...it'd remove the eye problems she has at least.

Am I crazy, or did they say MVCI would be playable at CEO? Should we expect more footage this weekend?

Ah nevermind

V

Jawmuncher

Really hope we get Gamora gameplay soon. She was the stand out character for me on the roster outside the other two new capcom additions.

Risero

Banned
Holy shit you guys werent kidding with reusing of animations.
Dante is nearly identical i thought they would change atleast supermoves.

Even voices feels same?

What are you talking about? Dante's normals and specials are completely different now. Like he's one of the most changed veterans

Risero

Banned

I think the reason for this is that Marvel doesn't understand that you have to market fighting games in a very specific way. They are just treating this like a normal video game and they probably strong armed Capcom into doing it their way

https://youtu.be/74xtnb1h1aA

New combo video. If that Chun combo about 3 minutes in is anything to go by, I don't think level 3's are unscaled anymore

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I think the reason for this is that Marvel doesn't understand that you have to market fighting games in a very specific way. They are just treating this like a normal video game and they probably strong armed Capcom into doing it their way

I don't know. They did good job with MVC3, UMVC3, SFIV, SFXTK and SFV reveals then suddenly they drops their ball with marketing and/or characters reveals.

Risero

Banned
I don't know. They did good job with MVC3, UMVC3, SFIV, SFXTK and SFV reveals then suddenly they drops their ball with marketing and/or characters reveals.

Yeah but those games were all don't by Capcom alone. I think Marvel is playing a bigger role in this game's development and especially marketing. Capcom wouldn't make story mode the focus of E3

Where did he say this?
I'll take blame for that, I told dahbomb that I thought Max said Asura might be in ( like accidental leak), but Max doesn't say that at all. Max name drops Asura in the stream, thinking he was on the leaked list but I don't recall Asura being on any of the more legit leak lists like the zip one. 🤔

Ryce

In retrospect, this quote from Niitsuma regarding Carol Danvers' absence from MvC3 is pretty amusing:
It was difficult to make her stick out next to her competing candidates like She-Hulk and Storm.
She really does feel like a combination of those two characters in this game, with a dashing command grab like She-Hulk and flight and a controllable two button "Lightning Attack" like Storm.

Sayad

Those Gamora screens have been out for a few days. There are also a couple more:

3kXZXmM.jpg
c4TqFP7.jpg

I'm really looking forward to seeing her in action.
I think it's time to get to the source of the problem, devs obviously have no idea how to use chromatic aberration, it's time we bug Epic to take it out of UE4. Between this and Tekken 7, they've showed that they can't use it responsibly, time to take the toys away. ;p

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yeah but those games were all don't by Capcom alone. I think Marvel is playing a bigger role in this game's development and especially marketing. Capcom wouldn't make story mode the focus of E3

I suppose that would be a good point for that, which is unfortunate since it made sense when you take a look at mobile trailers. You would notice that there are similarities with their reveal trailers since they have a lot of characters being announced at same time.

I'll take blame for that, I told dahbomb that I thought Max said Asura might be in ( like accidental leak), but Max doesn't say that at all. Max name drops Asura in the stream, thinking he was on the leaked list but I don't recall Asura being on any of the more legit leak lists like the zip one. 🤔

I still think Asura have a good shot being part of the roster this year since he's essentially marvel character in a sense.

In retrospect, this quote from Niitsuma regarding Carol Danvers' absence from MvC3 is pretty amusing:

She really does feel like a combination of those two characters in this game, with a dashing command grab like She-Hulk and flight and a controllable two button "Lightning Attack" like Storm.

Stop trying to stomp on whatever remain of my hope for She-Hulk! :(

Stop trying to stomp on whatever remain of my hope for She-Hulk! :(

There is only one hope for She hulk. Combofiend was a Shehulk main (and that apparently got Spencer into the game), and they are reusing so much stuff from 3, so what's one more? She's pretty much the only female Marvel character from 3 that isn't a mutant so she does have that going for her.

Risero

Banned
There is only one hope for She hulk. Combofiend was a Shehulk main, and they are reusing so much stuff from 3, so what's one more? She's pretty much the only female Marvel character from 3 that isn't a mutant so she does have that going for her.

One obscure unwanted Combofiend character (Spencer) is enough

Ryce

So is Captain Marvel meant to be an amalgamation of She Hulk, Rouge, Storm, and Jean Grey?
I don't think she's consciously inspired by any of those characters (it's not like she has any stolen animations), but it's hard to avoid having some overlap between characters with similar abilities. I can't really think of a more appropriate move set for Captain Marvel than the one Capcom came up with.

One obscure unwanted Combofiend character (Spencer) is enough

psh She-Hulk is great and hardly obscure

They should put her in this game but give her some of Pheonix Wright's moveset

Captain Marvel having a similar fighting style to Rogue sorta makes sense given that's where Rogue got her powers from.

Has it been officially been confirmed that every character has a self-OTG? And, by self-otg, I mean a real one, not like a functionally useless one or one that requires meter like Storm or Jill in UMvC3.

Oh, and I still want Storm...it can happen...right? :(
From what Combofiend showed, every character's aerial spike ground bounces a bit to give you the that opportunity now.

Risero

Banned
psh She-Hulk is great and hardly obscure

They should put her in this game but give her some of Pheonix Wright's moveset

Captain Marvel having a similar fighting style to Rogue sorta makes sense given that's where Rogue got her powers from.

Don't even suggest desecrating my main's moveset with that green bean

https://youtu.be/9cFuZ-7mADg

Can we talk about how absolutely stupid this(and other moves) look without proper visual effects (I'n looking at you beehive)

The more research I do the more I believe that Marvel paid workers to make Capcom look bad
Why would Marvel pay Capcom to make their characters look worse? What benefit is there for that? Overall game looks worse if Capcom side looks like shit,so this rumor/idea makes zero sense to me.

Top Bottom