• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Had Ryce not posted his list I would have guessed hunter and jedah were the newcomer capcom dlc alongside Sigma. I think the fact meio and dah'ren where shown in the trailer but not "pre order now to get ____ as dlc" should confirm neither is playable/planned for this season of dlc.

I think the fact that Dah'ren is a giant sand shark is what disqualifies him. Even if it were the size of a person, it wouldn't be able to be a fighter, what with those little alligator arms and fluke.

Jawmuncher

There is a chance some of these characters are nothing more than models and won't be in the game playable even in the first dlc. Abel and the Dolls come to mind.

I think the fact that Dah'ren is a giant sand shark is what disqualifies him. Even if it were the size of a person, it wouldn't be able to be a fighter, what with those little alligator arms and fluke.

Maybe Dah'ren was ACTUALLY the character Ryce heard about as having incredible animations, and he kept it off his leak list AND said it was Jedah to FOOL us!

obviously I don't believe that, though I'm sure someone will quote that and prove me wrong

smurfx

get some go again
you have me again capcom if haggar is released very soon after releasing the game. i've seen some footage that makes me excited again for the game. still more excited over dbz though.

Ryce

There is a chance some of these characters are nothing more than models and won't be in the game playable even in the first dlc. Abel and the Dolls come to mind.
I thought about that, but since SFV's story is centered around the fall of Shadaloo, the non-playable Abel and Dolls make sense. I don't know why Capcom would bother throwing Frank West and Haggar into a big space opera story unless they were playable.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ant-Man really is a weird case, because even if he's DLC he should probably have a file there somewhere like the other DLC characters in the story (we are presuming). And he's a shoe-in given they switched up Hawkeye's Level 3 and all too. But he also makes sense as a DLC character because he's new.

I genuinely don't know what to think right now. Just gotta wait until EVO or maybe CEO this weekend.

tribal24

Banned
im kind of curious on how many stages this game is going to have, i have a feeling we will only get around 8 sadly. Going by the space in the E3 vids on the stage select screen

Risero

Banned
I really hope Strider is better. In 3 his combos were more difficult but didn't reward much damage, his assist and XF3 orbs were the only things that were good about him

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
im kind of curious on how many stages this game is going to have, i have a feeling we will only get around 8 sadly. Going by the space in the E3 vids on the stage select screen
I think the opposite because of the Story Mode, just people probably won't like all of them cause a few will just be hallways and stuff for story encounters.

There's already two XGard stages, so they're making the most of their SP assets.

Ryce

This is pure speculation, but the only other stages I'm expecting to see are a Symbiote Laboratory (with Symbiote-infected Resident Evil B.O.W.s) revealed alongside Venom and a hell-themed Makai Dimension that combines elements from Darkstalkers and Doctor Strange revealed alongside Jedah and hopefully Dormammu.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This is pure speculation, but the only other stages I'm expecting to see are a Symbiote Laboratory (with Symbiote-infected Resident Evil B.O.W.s) and a hell-themed Makai Dimension that combines elements of Darkstalkers and Doctor Strange.

well now if a symbiote infested RE BOW stage doesnt happen, I'm blaming you for putting that image in my head.

And I hunt you down.

And shake my finger at you and go "why u say that mistah?"

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
That would be 4 MegaMan characters in the roster and only 1 DMC character lol. You know what I'm going to say Lady could be one of the first dlc characters and could be revealed at psx... All because Dante doesn't use kalina Ann anymore in MvC:I. Book it folks.

4 Mega Man characters? Who is the 4th one?

You know what though... I could have swore I heard combo fiend or that PR guy say you unlock characters as you progress through the story. I could be 100% wrong on that.

I thought it was infinity stones.

I still have no idea why SFV had char models, voice actors, and even some movesets for those story characters and aren't releasing them as DLC

If MvCI does this shit I'ma be super salty

Ryce

Somebody speculated Omega from MMZ is in the game due to Ultron Omega being listed in the zip leak
I think it's more likely that Ultron Omega is just the final form of Ultron Sigma -- a big Galactus-sized boss with access to all of the Infinity Stones.

Risero

Banned
I think it's more likely that Ultron Omega is just the final form of Ultron Sigma -- a big Galactus-sized boss with access to all of the Infinity Stones.

Yep that's what I was thinking too. It would make sense to use normal Zero but bring in a MMZ character

also instead of meio it should've totally been solo. that guy is fuckin' cool and has a ton of really cool attacks+potential for cool movement due to his flying nature

5RgPAT2.png

I agree, but who knows if Meio is even playable. And if he's not. Maybe he'll send Solo after Strider and he'll be playable. Or the Sisters, or their master, or the water guy, etc.

jett

D-Member
The file leak's inclusion of Restraint Thanos, Grandmaster Meio (the Strider villain shown in the trailer), and Dah'ren Mohran (the Monster Hunter monster shown in the trailer) are enough for me to consider it legitimate. The odds of someone guessing those three names are like .0000001%.

Mahvel's pettiness with non-MCU characters is really annoying, and unfortunate that Capcom gets caught up in this bullshit when it's none of their fault, since it's undoubtedly these character roster leaks that have caused this massive spike in negativity for this game.

JAXXX

Justin Wong is starting to have a meltdown over being called a sellout and shill. he's arguing w/ the stream monsters. LOl

https://www.twitch.tv/jwonggg

he admits to hate sf4 and played sfv only because of his love of Karin. He thinks graphics shouldn't matter, only gameplay. He thinks because he's old school and played 8bit games so graphics dont matter much to him. He does think the graphics arent great in MVCI but its fun and thats all that matters.

check it out

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'd rather The Winter Soldier be a skin than his own character, especially as DLC which you gotta pay extra for. Unless all of his moves and hypers are different versions of this over and over:

tumblr_o1q3fgIRN91ujdp1io1_500.gif

That's okay if so.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'd rather The Winter Soldier be a skin than his own character, especially as DLC which you gotta pay extra for. Unless all of his moves and hypers are different versions of this over and over:

tumblr_o1q3fgIRN91ujdp1io1_500.gif

That's okay if so.

a skin for who exactly?

DR2K

Banned
Still no fucking Wesker.

Fuck this.

He's a white male, don't you worry about his inclusion.

Mahvel's pettiness with non-MCU characters is really annoying, and unfortunate that Capcom gets caught up in this bullshit when it's none of their fault, since it's undoubtedly these character roster leaks that have caused this massive spike in negativity for this game.

It doesn't help that Capcom is saying that Marvel has no input in who they add and they had creative freedom. Yeah right. You totally chose Antman and Hawkeye over Wolverine and Deadpool in the boardroom. It's almost as if Marvel wants these character choices to look like obvious and natural choices.

Risero

Banned
He's a white male, don't you worry about his inclusion.

It doesn't help that Capcom is saying that Marvel has no input in who they add and they had creative freedom. Yeah right. You totally chose Antman and Hawkeye over Wolverine and Deadpool in the boardroom. It's almost as if Marvel wants these character choices to look like obvious and natural choices.

This is the only time categorizing somebody as a white male isn't cringeworthy

The story demo pissed me off for how terrible
It was. The gameplay videos I've seen though look fantastic. I can't wait for this game still, the actual fighting looks like a ton of fun.

20 22 characters revealed so far, I wager Capcom knows how to troll, and how to drop bombs. Just wait, we are in for a carpet bombing here soon

Edit- also, despite over 4K hours on MvC3, screw returning characters. Screw all of your favorites. Give me all new people. Bringing old characters back, all people focus on is how they are different, what changed, why aren't they like before, why didn't they do XX, etc. Lets all learn to move on.

Edit 2- thanks Christiankid7

The story demo pissed me off for how terrible
It was. The gameplay videos I've seen though look fantastic. I can't wait for this game still, the actual fighting looks like a ton of fun.

20 characters revealed so far, I wager Capcom knows how to troll, and how to drop bombs. Just wait, we are in for a carpet bombing here soon

22. 12 Marvel 10 Capcom. (not trying to be that guy, just saying it.) I'm thinking we'll be seeing a lot in July due to all the events then

22. 12 Marvel 10 Capcom. (not trying to be that guy, just saying it.) I'm thinking we'll be seeing a lot in July do to all the events then
No no, all good. I miscounted, from little bits I've seen. I agree though, we will see plenty more here soon.
Just played the demo, and it looks like a steaming pile of ass. I'm amazed Injustice 2 looks better than this.
I couldn't agree more, and injustice infuriates me with its hanky animations. (Sorry if you like it, I know lots of people do...it's a great game I just can't do it).

Watch this- Maximillian shares his opinions on MvCI. I stopped watching Max's vids years ago. I dunno why. But this was sent to me by a friend, and it echoes my thoughts exactly. Terrible art and character design, but the gameplay is sensational. Watching actual MVC3 pros play this game shows what it is capable of. Not to mention the idea of the tagging system, the stones, and the combination of them brings in new levels of gameplay that I never thought possible. I thought MvC3 was the GTA of fighting games, completely open for people to do with what their brains could come up with. The gameplay mechanics in 3 prevented that somewhat...but I see Infinite picking up where MvC3 left off. This is going to be solid, very solid.

Top Bottom