• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Niitsuma cited it as a big reason for why Fou-Lu didn't make it for UMvC3, since they were trying to appeal to the west there.

I also recall him saying that BoF and Power Stone characters were left out of TvC because they probably would've been too similar to characters already on the roster. That always seemed like a cop out answer, though.

Well now this chance went from 5% to 0.0001%

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So what is GAF gonna do if they reveal a Marvel 3 port for Switch and unveil Loki plus Jedah today?

im getting Marvel 3 on PC so I have zero interest in a possible Switch version. Any character reveal would be cool tho.

Well now this chance went from 5% to 0.0001%
I'd hope that it still doesn't remain a concern. One of the most popular MvC characters is a dude from an obscure as hell mech fighting game that never really took off outside of Japan. If appealing to the west really is a concern, BoFII or III would probably be the best to pluck a character from, as they're probably the most well recieved entries outside of Japan.

Makes sense

Breath-related → overseas is that the main battlefield, this time off. From the development team "foal you want" I had an opinion?

It took me a second to realize you were Google translating there and not parodying BoFII's nonsense localization.

Can't wait for the reveal of Captain Falcon tonight on the Switch stream.

fcb.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Do you realize that they could censor his moveset if they want him in? I meant any characters could get in if the developers want to make it happens then it would happens.

I would love to see BOF2 Nina but it's kinda unrealistic to expect her in. :(
They could, but the leaker phrased it such that Jedah might bring it up.

A lot of inferences made in his tweets as well, which I tried to parse out as best I could.

We'll see tonight, anyways.

Dahbomb

Marvel Infinite isn't going to become an M rated game just to accommodate Jedah. That's pure baloney. They might tone him down a bit but that's it... assuming he even makes it in.

Neoxon

Marvel Infinite isn't going to become an M rated game just to accommodate Jedah. That's pure baloney. They might tone him down a bit but that's it... assuming he even makes it in.
I mean, Bayonetta was toned down for a E10+ game. Toning down Jedah wouldn't be impossible.

MoxManiac

Darkstalkers 3 / Vampire Savior was rated as Teen on consoles...I don't remember if there was any Jedah censorship in the NA releases though.

Ryce

Also, I like how that guy listed practically every Marvel and Capcom character in existence as being in the game, DLC, or "considered," so regardless of who gets revealed he can go back and point to some vague Tweet as proof that he's legit.

TreIII

Darkstalkers 3 / Vampire Savior was rated as Teen on consoles...I don't remember if there was any Jedah censorship in the NA releases though.

I certainly remember the "white blood" throughout the game itself. A number of his normals were nerfed of the gory aspect, as well. Can't even remember what they did to his specials.

Dahbomb said:
So what is GAF gonna do if they reveal a Marvel 3 port for Switch and unveil Loki plus Jedah today?

On the whole, I'd be jubilant. More portable Marvel is a good thing, as far as I'm concerned.

Dahbomb

Also, I like how that guy listed practically every Marvel and Capcom character in existence as being in the game, DLC, or "considered," so regardless of who gets revealed he can go back and point to some vague Tweet as proof that he's legit.
Throw shit on the wall, some of its gotta stick.

Dahbomb

Super duper leak from my uncle who knows a friend who is the son of a janitor who works at Capcom Japan.

25 characters each side starting, total of 50. 10 characters each side DLC.

Marvel:

Iron Man
Captain Marvel
Captain America
Rocket Raccoon
Antman
Dr Strange
Nova
Ghost Rider
Iron Fist
Daredevil
Hulk
Black Widow
Thor
Hawkeye
Spider Man
Loki
Thanos
Ultron
Dormammu
Medusa
Luke Cage
MODOK
Songbird
Scarlet Witch
Vision

DLC:
Wolverine
Storm
Punisher
Psylocke
Sentinel
Magneto
Dr Doom
Super Skrull
Deadpool
Venom

Capcom:

Ryu
MMX
Morrigan
Gene
Dante
Wesker
Regina.... nah j/k no Regina we are getting Vanessa from PN03, hold dat Jawmuncher
Strider
Lady
Tessa
Nina
Jedah
Captain Commando
Phoenix Wright
Some Powerstone character, uncle forgot the name
Batsu
Asura
Chun Li
Haggar
Sigma
Nero
Spencer
Arthur
Firebrand
Frank West

DLC:

Vergil
Zero
Leon
Akuma
Gill
Trish
Tron Bonne
Amaterasu
Viewtiful Joe
Jin Saotome

*Maximum asset reusage especially from Capcom side to deliver big roster.

*No Sengoku or Onimusha characters because the developers didn't want characters based on real life characters. RIP Date Masamune, Nobunaga Oda etc.

*5 total DMC characters because DMC5 is coming out. Dante is based off of DMC5 Dante and is the most complex fighting game character ever made.

*Gene has more moves than even Dante. When he does a super, the game freezes and the player can choose a hyper based on the Roulette system from Godhand. No nut kick or hurt spanking though, gotta keep it PG.

*2 Darkstalkers characters because no one except Solar Powered cared about Hsien Ko and James Chen isn't a Marvel player so no Felicia. Also gotta keep it PG with ththe Felicia get up. Jedah is getting nerfed visually but playstyle is fast and air based.

*Asura is a hybrid grappler, similar to Necalli. Expect some animations to be carried over.

*Lady is a pure zoner with guns/traps/grenades, Nero is part Spencer/Zero/Vergil.

*Cable was considered but Punisher is the main big guns zoner from the Marvel side.

*Psylocke and Sentinel barely made it in to get the FGC crowd based on Capcom's reps.

*All of Ono's requests were shot down because they were ass. He even wanted Blanka in.

*No MH character in because MH devs are jerks.

*All of the Defenders in because marketing that's why. Luke Cage has a lot of She Hulk style moves because she is not in and Marvel needed an additional grappler character.

*Blackbolt was considered but Marvel was lacking in females so Medusa was picked as the main Inhuman rep.

Now for the real stuff:

*Stones have passive and additional ability. Passive give stuff like an additional air action (this is Space gem) or one extra wall bounce allowance (Power gem). Active is a super buff shown in trailers.

*Control scheme is Marvel 3 style LMHS, Tag, Stone. Pressing two lights will do an alternate normal second time like in Marvel 2.

*Cross over counters still exist, performed by pressing Tag on block stun but instead of a character come in with a move they run in and can do what they want. The run has some animation so if its not timed well it can get punished. It's supposed to be more free form.

*Super jump height and air dash up height is restricted, game is more focused on ground.

*Hitboxes nerfed from Marvel 3, less of that hitting from behind stuff.

*Can only OTG once in a combo and there is more severe hit stun and damage scaling.

*Tag system is more free form than just in combos, can do it while whiffing a special move in neutral and canceling recovery with a Tag but this option costs 1 bar of meter. Think of it like YRCs but with tag attached to it.

*Throw is still dome with forward or back H but you can't OS with down forward or back.

*You have to kill both characters to win. Active form of Stone is only available once one character is dead.

That's all for now folks.. if anyone has any questions just post! I will just talk to my uncle about it!

Jawmuncher

Super duper leak from my uncle who knows a friend who is the son of a janitor who works at Capcom Japan.

25 characters each side starting, total of 50. 10 characters each side DLC.

Capcom:

Ryu
MMX
Morrigan
Gene
Dante
Wesker
Regina.... nah j/k no Regina we are getting Vanessa from PN03, hold dat Jawmuncher
Strider
Lady
Tessa
Nina
Jedah
Captain Commando
Phoenix Wright
Some Powerstone character, uncle forgot the name
Batsu
Asura
Chun Li
Haggar
Sigma
Nero
Spencer
Arthur
Firebrand
Frank West

Tell your uncle he sucks, who can tell the janitor working at capcom he sucks, so that the janitor can tell capcom they suck

FinKL

*Control scheme is Marvel 3 style LMHS, Tag, Stone. Pressing two lights will do an alternate normal second time like in Marvel 2.

Sounds legit!
EDIT nvm when I read 2 lights I think 2 light attacks, you probably mean L->L would be L -> M.

Dahbomb

Sounds legit!
EDIT nvm when I read 2 lights I think 2 light attacks, you probably mean L->L would be L -> M.
Yeah consecutive press of L, not two different lights together.

But it won't go into Medium but rather a different light. Like a crouching light kick would chain into crouching light punch mostly because a light kick is better in neutral but a punch is better for pressure/combo.

No Simone? I call fake
Who? Exactly. If I don't know who the character is then it's probably not on the list.

JeTmAn81

Why would there be any kind of MVCI mention along with the Switch stuff, other than perhaps if it's coming to that system?

sinkfla87

Why would there be any kind of MVCI mention along with the Switch stuff, other than perhaps if it's coming to that system?

Wishful thinking, but also because it would be a good opportunity for a character reveal since it's at a big event and Capcom likes doing that sort of thing. I think a better question would be what are the odds of it happening though?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
leaker on sudoku watch

Can't believe I let that stream occupy half of my screen for tens of minutes of underwhelming everything. Looks super underpowered, might be best not to waste resources porting MvC:I down to that.

EDIT: Zelda trailer was a good-ass trailer, let me not say everything was underwhelming.

J-Tier

leaker on sudoku watch

Can't believe I let that stream occupy half of my screen for tens of minutes of underwhelming everything. Looks super underpowered, might be best not to waste resources porting MvC:I down to that.

EDIT: Zelda trailer was a good-ass trailer, let me not say everything was underwhelming.
Hey man, Capcom could've leaked fake info to him!

Pffft.

Top Bottom