• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

We have what like 9-10 months until this is released and we haven't seen any full game play demos or know more than 4 characters? Can Capcom please at least tell us when to expect this shit? They could easily do like a monthly review and let us know when it is, you know basic stuff...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
For reference, coming up:

Taipei Game Show Jan 19-24
Resident Evil 7 Release Jan 24
PAX South Jan 27-29
DICE Summit Feb 21
Game Developers Conference 2017 Feb 27

Of course, reveals don't have to coincide with events, and I'm pretty sure developers don't reveal stuff at DICE?

Weiss

Banned
I kind of want there to be a character who's just an amalgam of forgotten Capcom characters and every move they do is in some way referencing an old game.

Jawmuncher

For reference, coming up:

Taipei Game Show Jan 19-24
Resident Evil 7 Release Jan 24
PAX South Jan 27-29

Of course, reveals don't have to coincide with events, and I'm pretty sure developers don't reveal stuff at DICE?

These 3 seems the most likely. The 24th lines up nicely. Hell Pax does too since it's the same day as the RE movie. So if they were gonna hook us up with a RE character reveal, 24-27 I would bet on.

J-Tier

I kind of want there to be a character who's just an amalgam of forgotten Capcom characters and every move they do is in some way referencing an old game.
latest

Pure from the Capcom Quiz games could be the one.

Fuck, I give up.

I guess it can still potentially be shown at some point during the show, but I seriously doubt it now.

That other game looks cool, though.

Jawmuncher

I'd put my money on Pax. Capcom likes PAX. We've gotten Duck Talkes, SF announcements, and other such things there. Though maybe not that PAX specifically but still.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
is that Fighting Vipers

Yup, it seems so.

We have what like 9-10 months until this is released and we haven't seen any full game play demos or know more than 4 characters? Can Capcom please at least tell us when to expect this shit? They could easily do like a monthly review and let us know when it is, you know basic stuff...

I don't think we should worry about that since we have plenty of times for reveals. I meant we are going to have a lot of fighting news this year so it's going to be a busy season for us speculators.

Flowmoney

I hope that the roster in this game isn't disappointing like injustice 2 , this game at least has mega man x but it could go downhill at least for me after that.

Jawmuncher

I hope that the roster in this game isn't disappointing like injustice 2 , this game at least has mega man x but it could go downhill at least for me after that.

I know right?
If we don't get Regina, Asura, and Gene for the capcom side. The roster is destined for trash tier.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

The problem with the rosters, it's down to matters of people's preferences so it could be hit or miss for the fans. So I truly hope that people would be satisfying with MVC:I roster.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
At this point, I'm expecting IGN First or GI feature or something similar for February.

I'm concerned if we don't get anything before GDC, but perhaps we won't get any character reveals until then and they're bunching them up a lot more this time (which would suck, I like the drip feed).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You might as well just stop caring now with those sort of expectations

Gene have a good shot to become playable character because of the demands. Also I do think Asura have a decent chance tho.

Regina and Breath of Fire characters are more likely to be in same category in term of low chance to become playable characters.

it'll be ready when it's ready

Weiss

Banned
Oh my god it is so bad. Noooooooo.

He'll for sure have his movie costume, but he needs his Annihilation duds as his alt.

Neoxon

Oh my god it is so bad. Noooooooo.

He'll for sure have his movie costume, but he needs his Annihilation duds as his alt.
Eh, to each their own. Though of the color variations of the Annihilation outfit, I prefer the blue-&-red GotG variant.

Star-Lord's new costume was made by the same guy who did Captain Marvel's recent design.

Ryce

I'm actually curious as to where Captain Marvel's MvCI look comes from, with the long gold-trimmed gloves and boots. Is it an original Capcom design, like Iron Man and Cap?

Ryce

The Captain Marvel design used in MvCI was done by Jamie McKelvie.
The MvCI costume doesn't have the gold stripe going down her abdomen, and her gloves and boots have a gold border. I was wondering if those specific changes came from the comics.

Neoxon

The MvCI costume doesn't have the gold stripe going down her abdomen, and her gloves and boots have a gold border. I was wondering if those specific changes came from the comics.
I think those specific changes were done by Capcom. This design had multiple variations, so it'd take me a while to track down what version of the costume inspired Capcom to go that route.

Neoxon

I'd rather have the DnA(?) look and mask design. Don't like the Marvel Now one at all.

EDIT: what if we get this one :p
The last one you listed (the first Bendis suit) is god-awful. I don't even want that as an alternate costume.

The DnA Guardians suit is legit, though.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I think they just fused several concepts from some costumes into a costume just for Marvel Vs. Capcom, or it might be an inspiration from upcoming costume that may be in work.

J-Tier

Bendis Star-Lord is terrible. I remember when that was first unveiled, I immediately lost any interest in checking out the series.

Bendis Star-Lord is terrible. I remember when that was first unveiled, I immediately lost any interest in checking out the series.

Yeah StarLord is just a regular dude. One of the coolest thing about him is his mask. Why take that away? And this was before the movie came out so he doesn't even look like Chris Pratt.

Top Bottom