• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

I feel like we may get a #ShamelessPlug clip for Spider-Man, next week (in honor of Spider-Man: Homecoming).

Neonep

So....

What do y'all think they will show at the E3/D23 weekend?

I am thinking a new gem, a couple new cutscenes from the story, Spider Man, maybe a new Capcom character like Jedah or Monster Hunter. Probably 4 or so new characters shown overall.

I think the E3 build will be a newer one and may feature the aforementioned characters plus Gamora.

One of the new characters might even be the ones not on the original Ryce link like Haggar or Dormammu just to let some people know that the list might not be complete.

Another DLC character probably gets unveiled too.
They gonna show something not hype. We pretty much won't see anything that we don't already know about.

I feel like we may get a #ShamelessPlug clip for Spider-Man, next week (in honor of Spider-Man: Homecoming).
Yeah, weird it took so long but the only reason they haven't announced him is probably to tie in for the movie. Still waiting to see if they add him to the cover or not.

I've got this horrible feeling that Jedah isn't actually in the game. It's far too interesting of a pick compared to the rest of the cast.

SnakeEyez

I demand justice, Capcom.

You add her back in and you do it right this time.

Um-mm-yeah-nah-Funny-Nah-Meme.jpg

FerroN91

Neo Member
I understand the hate for the graphics/roster, but is capcom really the one to blame completely? It seems they are being strong armed into taking the face punches for Marvel.

Marvel contracts Capcom to make a MvC within a constrained time period, with control of which Marvel characters that makes the cut. Make Capcom handle all the shit PR, and shit out a game to help them advertise for the real money making movies.

I don't forgive Capcom for the mess of SFV, but I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt that they would try to make a better product given different circumstances.

I understand the hate for the graphics/roster, but is capcom really the one to blame completely? It seems they are being strong armed into taking the face punches for Marvel.

Marvel contracts Capcom to make a MvC within a constrained time period, with control of which Marvel characters that makes the cut. Make Capcom handle all the shit PR, and shit out a game to help them advertise for the real money making movies.

I don't forgive Capcom for the mess of SFV, but I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt that they would try to make a better product given different circumstances.

Sure, given an infinite amount of time and money I bet Capcom would have produced a much more polished product. But unfortunately that's not how game development (or any job) works. You have a budget, you have a deadline. You have to release the best product that you can before that deadline. The problem is Capcom hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt, they still don't have their shit together with SFV.

Pretty much every decision they have made leading up to now and the release of this game has been a poor one. No hype, no teases, no reveals, long periods of silence, straight faced lies in responding to questions about legacy characters and not having a disappointing roster, saying that people might not even know who the Xmen are! or that fan favorite characters are just functions!!! That's not Marvel strong arming them, that's poor decision making. That's not learning from your mistakes. That's assuming the casual is gonna buy this shit because X finally made it in or because it has Marvel slapped on the cover.

Sure it sucks that Marvel probably isn't giving them the best chance to release a classic, but Capcom does not get a pass for this one.

BadWolf

Capcom is the developer, they will be blamed first and foremost.

If NRS messed up Injustice they would get the hate, not DC.

If Arcsys messes up DBF they will get the hate, not the owners of DB.

FerroN91

Neo Member
Capcom is the developer, they will be blamed first and foremost.

If NRS messed up Injustice they would get the hate, not DC.

If Arcsys messes up DBF they will get the hate, not the owners of DB.

Do we know how involved DC is compared to Marvel with the development though? If DC for whatever reason explicitly tells NRS to exclude Superman because they have put him on the backburner, they aren't going to just straight up say that. They are going to push whatever character DC wants in the spotlight, and force NRS to come up with some bologna when they are questioned about why Superman isn't in their game. Hypothetically of course.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to come off as a Capcom apologist. The graphics looks like shit, and marketing for MvCI is totally awful. The story demo didn't help.

If you are Combofiend, there is no good way to explain Magento being gone if Marvel doesn't want Capcom to say anything about Xmen being excluded.

Capcom hasn't been doing so hot lately financially, so I don't think its out of the realm of possibility that Marvel is the driving force behind a lot of the shit here.
Maybe I need to take my tinfoil hat off, idk.

BadWolf

Do we know how involved DC is compared to Marvel with the development though? If DC for whatever reason explicitly tells NRS to exclude Superman because they have put him on the backburner, they aren't going to just straight up say that. They are going to push whatever character DC wants in the spotlight, and force NRS to come up with some bologna when they are questioned about why Superman isn't in their game. Hypothetically of course.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to come off as a Capcom apologist. The graphics looks like shit, and marketing for MvCI is totally awful. The story demo didn't help.

If you are Combofiend, there is no good way to explain Magento being gone if Marvel doesn't want Capcom to say anything about Xmen being excluded.

Capcom hasn't been doing so hot lately financially, so I don't think its out of the realm of possibility that Marvel is the driving force behind a lot of the shit here.
Maybe I need to take my tinfoil hat off, idk.

Well it's not like we know the actual extent of Marvel's involvement with MVCI.

What about Capcom's side of things? Is their side of the roster also Marvel's fault?

FerroN91

Neo Member

What about Capcom's side of things? Is their side of the roster also Marvel's fault?

I would guess, the reuse of assets and lack of polish is due to time constraints and lack of money/manpower. Do we even know how long this game has actually been in development?

J-Tier

With their (Marvel) quality games promise a while back, and building an entire division (with Jay Ong as the head) devoted to making sure their third party titles are up to par, I'm sure there's some expectation of Marvel to make sure this turns out right as well. Budget shouldn't have been an issue if Marvel helped to finance the game, they were the partner that initiated the development of this game anyways. I'm sure the current result is due to greed more than anything else (a nefarious DLC plan that we have yet to see is in the realm of possibility at the rate things are going).

To your last part, we can't have 30 Capcom characters, and 14 Marvel characters. No matter how you play it, with so few spaces, we're gonna be underwhelmed with the Capcom side regardless.

BadWolf

To your last part, we can't have 30 Capcom characters, and 14 Marvel characters. No matter how you play it, with so few spaces, we're gonna be underwhelmed with the Capcom side regardless.

That's not what I meant, most people are clearly very disappointed with who Capcom picked for their side of the starter roster. Not talking about the number of characters.

A lot of the picks would have been harder to sell as DLC.

LordRaptor

That's not what I meant, most people are clearly very disappointed with who Capcom picked for their side of the starter roster. Not talking about the number of characters.

This game has a Power Stone but nobody from fucking Power Stone

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So....

What do y'all think they will show at the E3/D23 weekend?

I am thinking a new gem, a couple new cutscenes from the story, Spider Man, maybe a new Capcom character like Jedah or Monster Hunter. Probably 4 or so new characters shown overall.

I think the E3 build will be a newer one and may feature the aforementioned characters plus Gamora.

One of the new characters might even be the ones not on the original Ryce link like Haggar or Dormammu just to let some people know that the list might not be complete.

Another DLC character probably gets unveiled too.

I have a feeling that they are going to show everyone from Ryce's list first then surprise the fans later with characters that wasn't on leaked list since Imgur Leak isn't well-known in the community.

My prediction is Gamora, Spider-Man, Venom, Ant-Man, Mike Haggar, Frank West and Nemesis, along with Mind Gem.

But I would like to see this to happens: Gamora, Dormammu, Ghost Rider, Jedah, Firebrand, Frank West and Nemesis, along with Soul Gem

I wonder if we are going to get all four dlc character before the game's release. I would believe that we might since they want to convince people to pick up Deluxe versions for those 6 newcomers. So that meant we might see 4 more occasions with trailers and informations so I guess D23, SDCC, Gamescom and Early September.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I know it might sound incredibly stupid but what if the companies believe non-high quality might help them to push the characters out faster for "infinite" DLC like mobile games since they constantly getting a lot of updates during year.

I don't know. I meant it's going to harm the franchise brand in a long term if it's in case.

kirblar

kirblar

I thought it was 4 more season pass characters not 2?
There are 4 characters, but only likely to be 2 more Gem/Character trailers. At the end of the first 2 Gem/Character trailers, they've debuted a DLC character.

So by the time we're finished w/ the trailers, we'll only have 4/6 characters announced. Making me think that the final 2 may be announced post-launch.

Spyderist

Banned
I never expected to get buttblasted by Marvel people about X-men. Even if Fox owns the movie license, you still own everything else, right? Why undermine it so hard?

Dahbomb

he say anything useful?
That doing a perfect advancing guard puts you in less than a message of block stun allowing you to get out if situations easier.

You can't block during pre jump frames so chicken blocking is worse now.

Rocket has Groot which works like a meat shield as he will absorb hits for you. Can be Tag canceled to protect your other character too.

Rocket can lay traps and if they trigger he can tag cancel and get a combo with a more damaging hero. This is part of why he feels Rocket will be a very good support character in the game.

He thinks Ultron is very good in general (mobility and tools) and scales with player skill.

JayEH

I've got this horrible feeling that Jedah isn't actually in the game. It's far too interesting of a pick compared to the rest of the cast.

I think he's in the game. Thing is he's far too interesting to be in the base roster heh. I expect him to be the next dlc character teased.

Absolutely. Jedah is an awesome new character to the series that is both unique (if they don't butcher him) and fits right in to the series. But would anyone buy him? Nemesis over Wesker. Both Arthur and Firebrand? Better believe Vergil and Wesker are gonna end up in this game but you are coming out of pocket for them

DR2K

Banned
Because Marvel wants the focus to be on their MCU characters.

They can make an MCU focused roster while throwing a few bones. Neither of these concepts are exclusive. This ban is spiteful and mean for no reason. You've got Capcom saying people don't know who the X-Men are, when their last 3 movies grossed 2 billion WW.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I just realized, with 2 character trailers left, that's only 2 "Season pass" DLC char slots at the end to show off that way like Sigma/BP. Given the story mode leak lists' character count for the Marvel/Capcom sides, it really makes me think the final 2 DLC chars this year aren't actually in Story Mode.

(for reference: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=240593020&postcount=15174 )

What if Grandmaster Meio isn't a playable character? I meant they would have announce it's status by now (Base or DLC). They have no qualm to show the profile picture of Gamora and shown the pictures of her in the battles, which obviously pointed that she's going to be part of base roster. Grandmaster Meio haven't got either yet, which lead me to believe that he's going to be a boss for story mode only.

Same thing for the sand dragon.

kirblar

What if Grandmaster Meio isn't a playable character? I meant they would have announce it's status by now (Base or DLC). They have no qualm to show the profile picture of Gamora and shown the pictures of her in the battles, which obviously pointed that she's going to be part of base roster. Grandmaster Meio haven't got either yet, which lead me to believe that he's going to be a boss for story mode only.

Same thing for the sand dragon.
Is there another Capcom character I missed in the leaklist that would fit?

Neoxon

They can make an MCU focused roster while throwing a few bones. Neither of these concepts are exclusive.
There's also the fact that Marvel Entertainment is run by a petty bastard named Ike Perlmutter.

The bone is called Nova. Be happy.
And (possibly) Venom.

Nova, Ghost Rider, and Venom. The Design Document was developed like two years ago so they included him in the roster before he made his debut in the tv show.
But SHIELD is done by Marvel Entertainment, so they likely knew that Ghost Rider was coming to the MCU.

Neoxon

Right and Nova Corps are a thing in the MCU. He'll probably make an appearance in the next Avengers movie.
James Gunn isn't a big fan of solo Nova, so I wouldn't expect Richard Rider to join the MCU until after Guardians Vol. 3 (which takes place after the next 2 Avengers movies).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Is there another Capcom character I missed in the leaklist that would fit?

As far as I know, we are still have one mystery Capcom character left so far so I'm very intrigued to see who it would be.

Marvel
Iron Man
Captain America
Hulk
Thor
Hawkeye
Spider-Man
Thanos
Ultron
Captain Marvel
Rocket/Groot
Gamora
Nova
Doctor Strange

Potential Marvel Character
Venom
Ghost Rider
Dormammu
Ant-Man

Capcom
Ryu
Chun-Li
Mega Man X
Zero
Morrigan
Jedah
Chris Redfield
Nemesis
Arthur
Firebrand
Spencer
Monster Hunter
Dante
Strider

Potential Capcom Characters
Mike Haggar
Frank West
Mystery Capcom

Capcom DLC
Sigma

Marvel DLC
Black Panther
Winter Solider - (unknown status, he might be part of base roster to replace Ant-Man or not, maybe NPC only)

Boss Characters
Death - more likely to be NPC only
Grandmaster Pluto
Dahren Mohran
Ultron Sigma

DR2K

Banned
James Gunn isn't a big fan of solo Nova, so I wouldn't expect Richard Rider to join the MCU until after Guardians Vol. 3.

There's supposed to be a ton of superheroes in the infinity war. I imagine he'll make at least a cameo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom