• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

*10 minutes of frustratingly getting to the Captain Marvel part of the demo*

Captain Marvel part: YO THIS CHARACTER IS SO FUN THIS GAME IS SO GOOD

*ends after 90 seconds*

*repeat*

Zero-ELEC

Banned
only 9 more days until we finally see Jedah, Firebrand, Ghost Rider and Dormammu in action, along with other information for the game!

There's really nothing to indicate they'll release any more information other than the inevitable "Gameplay Trailer 5".

I mean, it stands to reason that if they were gonna it would be there, but a lot of things that seemed logical about this game and its marketing just... didn't happen, so who knows.

*10 minutes of frustratingly getting to the Captain Marvel part of the demo*

Captain Marvel part: YO THIS CHARACTER IS SO FUN THIS GAME IS SO GOOD

*ends after 90 seconds*

*repeat*

it's not worth it

SaikyoBro

I go back to the demo periodically to try and help me memorize Dante's new inputs. All it usually results in is making me want training mode. :[

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I really dislike how aggressive damage scaling is in this game, but I guess it's necessary to balance the game around two character teams?

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I suppose it would also be easy to datamine the demo for whatever things might be inside it if there was a PC version.

Knowing Capcom, they wouldn't bother scrubbing out stuff from the demo. We'd finally put to rest the base roster discussions!

...Except people would still insist that the game couldn't possibly have such a weak roster and obviously the data is incomplete.

something something River in Egypt something something

Seyavesh

I really dislike how aggressive damage scaling is in this game, but I guess it's necessary to balance the game around two character teams?

the scaling is pretty weird but there will still easily be one touch kills off fierce/special/super starters i think. the difference between that and light starters is pretty drastic

it looks like mind stone immediately scales your stuff to shit though based on raw level 3 not even doing 20% after a mind stone connect:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6tBlrW_-Zo#t=2m25s

also it looks like they buffed bursts so they're basically unpunishable so i guess that's something. keep watching after the first burst to see the second burst really show that lack of recovery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6tBlrW_-Zo#t=3m18s

shaowebb

The more I watch this the more certain I am that they are using Thanos wrong. That character has a projectile that seemingly goes through everything. Dude should be chucking that and paired with someone he can tag in that can teleport behind them afterwards. Thanos/ X would be pretty bitching, or Dante or Raccoon with Thanos. Not certain what you'd want Nemesis with him for.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Or if it was a bit larger than we originally thought, someone would call the extra characters NPCs or DLC
Oh, absolutely. People could find character specific arcade mode endings, command lists, missions and stuff like that and others would be like "It's obviously just on-disk DLC" or something.

That river runs both ways.

the scaling is pretty weird but there will still easily be one touch kills off fierce/special/super starters i think. the difference between that and light starters is pretty drastic

it looks like mind stone immediately scales your stuff to shit though based on raw level 3 not even doing 20% after a mind stone connect:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6tBlrW_-Zo#t=2m25s

What's the point of stunning enemies if you can't do any damage off of it?

I also dislike how Level 3s are just seem unoptimal? Like, only way for L3s to do damage seems to be to just catch the opponent pressing buttons, you can't combo into them and expect any damage.

I dunno.

Seyavesh

the main use for level 3s will probably be to use guard cancel storm->reversal/CH free lvl3->tag as a combo starter for comebacks on xfactors with really weak overall comeback factors since you get a pretty hefty chunk of damage if done raw and the ability to combo off it w the tagged in char as well

SnakeEyez

The mind Stone dizzy scaling is ridiculous. Level 3s even after a long combo do a good amount of damage. Level 1s on the other hand don't do shit so much so that Max has said that it's best to end the combo in an advantageous position after, instead of going for the damage out right. I wonder if the scaling will be adjusted.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
There's really nothing to indicate they'll release any more information other than the inevitable "Gameplay Trailer 5".

I mean, it stands to reason that if they were gonna it would be there, but a lot of things that seemed logical about this game and its marketing just... didn't happen, so who knows.

What about a new stage? It would be nice if we get more information other than characters and stages, like what would be their plans for the game in the future.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
What about a new stage? It would be nice if we get more information other than characters and stages, like what would be their plans for the game in the future.

I mean, every gameplay trailer has had a "new" stage, so we're probably gonna get at least the "New Metro City" stage shown.

I hope that they reveal more info about their future plans but I think at most we'll get the next two DLC characters announced.

Thanos' theme is non existent.

So like any other Marvel-side theme in this game. Shame, I thought his MSH/MvC2 themes was foreboding and "final bossy" and honestly kinda rad.

I wonder if any other characters from Dead Rising, Final Fight/Slam Masters, Strider or Bionic Commando
Don't hurt me
are possible by the end of the game's DLC run.

I would put DMC in there, but....its obvious there's plenty of viable characters to pull out of DMC and its a popular enough franchise to have more.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I wonder if any other characters from Dead Rising, Final Fight/Slam Masters, Strider or Bionic Commando
Don't hurt me
are possible by the end of the game's DLC run.

I would put DMC in there, but....its obvious there's plenty of viable characters to pull out of DMC and its a popular enough franchise to have more.

I mean, of course they're possible, anything is possible. More Strider characters would also fit with the fact that Knowmoon is a thing.

tribal24

Banned
i wish we would get some sort of jukebox mode like Tekken 7 that way we can place any Vs game music the way we fit. Would be nice to have every character select theme covered and interchangeable, would solve the issue with music not being as good.

Well, I mean I know its possible but I don't think Capcom would add someone else from Bionic Commando or Dead Rising. I mean, who would they even choose? The other ones maybe.

tribal24

Banned
Well, I mean I know its possible but I don't think Capcom would add someone else from Bionic Commando or Dead Rising. I mean, who would they even choose? The other ones maybe.

those two dont need more entries, i dont think it would make sense besides chuck but even then he can just be a costume. Capcom slacking on the return of captain commando though.

i wish we would get some sort of jukebox mode like Tekken 7 that way we can place any Vs game music the way we fit. Would be nice to have every character select theme covered and interchangeable, would solve the issue with music not being as good.

Same. If not, it'd be nice to set it up where the next character's theme would play when the previous character is KO'd, too. I don't like the fact that the theme remains unless they do Infinity Storm.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I mean, every gameplay trailer has had a "new" stage, so we're probably gonna get at least the "New Metro City" stage shown.

When I mentioned 4 characters, then I said I hope to see more information, obviously I meant small stuffs like stages so.

No good hulk gameplay?

Not yet.

Actually I'm open to Chuck Greene if they want to add one more character from DR. I could see him having fun moveset with combo weapons, way more than what Frank West had in his moveset.

Jawmuncher

I doubt bionic commando would see another character. Especially not from 2009.

Chuck would definitely be the runner up for DR. But since Frank stole combo weapons I could see them thinking it's redundant. Especially when his trademark was the paddle and chainsaw frank uses.

SaikyoBro

I used to like the idea of Chuck or even TK to represent other aspects of Dead Rising (mostly combo weapons or more in-depth zombie summons) but Frank's revamped moveset from TvC to UMvC3 ended up representing his character and the whole series a whole lot better. Especially given the state of Dead Rising I think just Frank is perfect.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
When I mentioned 4 characters, then I said I hope to see more information, obviously I meant small stuffs like stages so.
Ah, never mind me, then.

Dude, I'd pay to play as Jayne/Mag from Bionic Commando (2009)/Bionic Commando Rearmed 2.

Have her be super fast on ground, give her a whole bunch of kick-moves, and a "Bionic.... KICK!" type move. Like if they're creative they could totally make her a character.

tribal24

Banned

Chuck would definitely be the runner up for DR. But since Frank stole combo weapons I could see them thinking it's redundant. Especially when his trademark was the paddle and chainsaw frank uses.

redundant yes but they cant change over effects or 1 -2 move properties and instant new character and slowly update and patch him. So fans wouldn't get mad about inclusions same can be said about Ken with Ryu and other characters who might play alike.

Just played through Marvel 3 and saw this ending for the 1st time:

DG7WuViUQAAS994.jpg

Made me remember how much I wanted Batsu. Even if it wasn't him, having a Rival Schools rep would've been cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom