• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Well, now we just found out that we have a hidden newcomer that we don't deserve!

His name is

FBcXekD.png

ndoqMvo.jpg

Source: http://www.capcom.co.jp/mvci/character/frank-west.html
Not the hero we deserve, but the one we need.

Jawmuncher

Well I did this for 5 UMVC3 DLC polls
This took way more time than I anticipated

I had to take out all the Xmen characters in each top 5 plus the characters in the game already (Captain Marvel (made top 3 in all polls), Black Panther (top 10 in at least one poll), Thanos (top 10 in at least one poll) and Sigma (top 10 in at least one poll) Oh I forgot to mention X (top 5 in nearly every poll) and Jedah (top 10 in at least one poll) had to be taken out as well.

Gambit(top 5 in every poll), Psylocke(top 5 in every poll), Cyclops, Armor, Emma Frost made top 5 in at least one poll, Juggernaut and Rogue made at least top 10 in at least one poll

using some of the other top 10 characters to fill their slots (otherwise its Venom only) we get

1. Venom
2. Green Goblin
3. Doctor Octopus
4. Moon Knight
5. Songbird

1. Gene
2. Megaman.EXE
3. Breath of Fire Ryu
4. Captain Commando
5. Jin Saotome

Looking at the current 4-6 speculated DLC roster (Panther/Sigma/Venom/Monster Hunter/Winter Soldier?/Meio?)
Not mine

-Venom was the first or at least top 5 in all 5 DLC polls
-Monster Hunter is a bit harder to place since Capcom officially said the dev team for MH did not want characters from their series in 3. But thanks to Pixiv the female Monster Hunter did make top 15 ONCE, just barely missing top 10..
-Black Panther was pretty highly requested
-Sigma did pretty well as well.

Winter Soldier and Meio weren't requested.

Daredevil never made a top 10, but did make top 20, Loki made one top 10. Just throwing them out there.

Yeah they did at least seem to look at the polls somewhat. But just seems odd they didn't perhaps push on them a little more. Though I guess it can moreso be blamed on the budget and dev cycle.

FSLink

Banned
Spencer's biggest issue isn't that he is using his 2009 design or that he looks really ugly in this game.... it's that his voice clip for Bionic Arm is extremely boring. I could forgive every other characters' voice clips but BIONIC ARM not being hype is offensive.

Spencer's biggest issue isn't that he is using his 2009 design or that he looks really ugly in this game.... it's that his voice clip for Bionic Arm is extremely boring. I could forgive every other characters' voice clips but BIONIC ARM not being hype is offensive.
Didn't they nerf the effectiveness of the move? Is so the new clip matches its intensity.

Can I commit a grave sin right now?

I never actually liked the voice clip for Bionic Arm in 3. I thought it was weak as fuck and I never realized people actually liked it. I thought people just found it hype because of the move it was attached to.

Jawmuncher

Can I commit a grave sin right now?

I never actually liked the voice clip for Bionic Arm in 3. I thought it was weak as fuck and I never realized people actually liked it. I thought people just found it hype because of the move it was attached to.

I could maybe see that in a certain context. But even my casual crew thought it was hype and that was with no knowledge of combifiend or anything else.

When you compare them now it's night and day

Elbereth

I'm curious...Can first and second player use the Infinity Storm simultaneously? If so, how does this affect the additional stage effects?

Anyone notice that Ultron's level 3 got all screwed up because Hawkeye tagged in? There were no bots until the end and everything went nuts haha

It really is a clash of super heroes. More details later.

No.....no way....they wouldn't bring back Duo Team Attack....that would....wow...

Y62RLW.gif

So, if I'm reading this right, soul Gem would be like MVC1 where you brought in two controlled characters at once? (if so called it)

EDIT: Made a better gif

JayEH

Then what will happen at Gamescom?

hopefully they've realized it'd be dumb to save a trailer with only 4 characters that have already been announced for the world's biggest gaming convention.

or maybe it's just stages and gems today and the characters we'll see next week. we'll find out soon.

Maybe its just the demo booths open today while all the reveals will be for later?
Or I guess they could show off Black Panther and Sigma DLC footage as well in their own trailers at Gamescom if a Gameplay trailer will be up today...

Or Daredevil...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom