• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tangled55

Gamora's character model looks absolutely misplaced next to Jedah's. Holy shit.

Jedah IS the best character visually in this game, but there is no homogeneity between the aesthetics of characters. Everyone looks either half-done or excellent which is very odd.

ZPs

I've been a devoted follower of the vs. series going all the way back to the very beginning. We're talking playing in Arcades to late nights on MAME in the early 2000s. Loved everything including UMvC3 despite things like X-Factor being rather dumb to deal with.

Watching MvCI now was nothing short of jarring. Not only is it a visual downgrade from MvC3 (no, more polys do not make up for an atrocious art style by comparison), but the gameplay looks slower, more simplistic, and going back to 2v2 when the standard was 3v3 is simply a downgrade. Add that on to missing classic series staples in terms of characters, and you have an outright disaster on your hands.

The game looks terrible, and I hope DB Fighter Z absolutely buries it.

Soulstar

Both Jedah and Gamora look really good. I'm really excited about Gamora her gameplay looks so fun. I can definitely see my self playing Gamora/Hiryu.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Was nice to see Gamora in motion, but she didn't do anything too special while out there. Definitely wanna see her full movelist, but that was crazy straight-forward for now. Gun use looks nice, it's funny how many MvC characters shoot bullets at down-forward angles, rather than straight across the screen...

Jedah looked a lot better in what we saw. I wanted to see him land the "Blood" Contract! I think he started it up, but missed. If Jedah passes the "Reminds me of Prince Lotor from Voltron" test, then his design's done well enough for me.

He seemed a lot less crazy, and more straight badass in how he acts and (from what could be heard) sounded. He always had both in him, but the focus seems shifted, is all. I look forward to learning a lot more about him, and at least it looks like they did a good job of adapting this character to Mahvel, unlike certain other Darkstalkers characters whom shall remain forgotten jokes.. (T_T)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's fine that people express legitimate concerns about the game, but the shitposting is rampant and people tend to get away with that more on GAF when there's already a negative perception of a game.

Even on the last page, there are people repeatedly returning to the thread just to shitpost.

On-topic, I kind of expected Jedah to be smaller for some reason. He's massive.

Calling this game simplistic when you can literally tag off of anything and every character gets modified by the gems in way different ways is just

Funny

giphy.gif

And some people doubted a character reveal. Good picks to show.

Well I don't know, guys. Game looks great to my eyes, despite repeated protests around here.

While the reduction in visual effects is apparent, so is the drastically improved VISUAL CLARITY. Something that was an issue with MvC3 during its entire lifespan. Some shit you just can't see very well. Looks like this will be decidedly less of an issue here, while still looking good in its own right. Still a ton of work to do on the various UI's and visuals of course, but it's coming along.

I look forward to this unreservedly. Ya'll should jump on the train. It's much more fun to be there than salty all the fuckin time.

ZPs

It's fine that people express legitimate concerns about the game, but the shitposting is rampant and people tend to get away with that more on GAF when there's already a negative perception of a game.

Even on the last page, there are people repeatedly returning to the thread just to shitpost.

On-topic, I kind of expected Jedah to be smaller for some reason. He's massive.

I mostly lurk GAF, and you'd be hard pressed to find someone who's been more of a fan and booster of the versus series over the years. My original account back on SRK dates back to 2001 and was entirely based on looking for information for how to get a good arcade stick (which back in the day was hard) while reading up on how to get good at Marvel.

The game is so incredibly off putting that it actually throws me out of lurker status to mention just how disappointing the game is. People aren't just jumping on a bandwagon here to hate for the sake of hating, many people are outright upset that Capcom has degenerated as a company to the point where they think putting out a product like this is acceptable. Take it as you will I suppose.

SnakeEyez

I wonder if they'll add both of them to the demo that's playable on the floor. That'd be great to see more game play from them (and add much needed hype coming out of Evo)

MrCarter

I've been a devoted follower of the vs. series going all the way back to the very beginning. We're talking playing in Arcades to late nights on MAME in the early 2000s. Loved everything including UMvC3 despite things like X-Factor being rather dumb to deal with.

Watching MvCI now was nothing short of jarring. Not only is it a visual downgrade from MvC3 (no, more polys do not make up for an atrocious art style by comparison), but the gameplay looks slower, more simplistic, and going back to 2v2 when the standard was 3v3 is simply a downgrade. Add that on to missing classic series staples in terms of characters, and you have an outright disaster on your hands.

Good to know.

33df9d0799e864f0870b6c4e2a1660d5.gif

Neonep

Well I don't know, guys. Game looks great to my eyes, despite repeated protests around here.

While the reduction in visual effects is apparent, so is the drastically improved VISUAL CLARITY. Something that was an issue with MvC3 during its entire lifespan. Some shit you just can't see very well. Looks like this will be decidedly less of an issue here, while still looking good in its own right. Still a ton of work to do on the various UI's and visuals of course, but it's coming along.

I look forward to this unreservedly. Ya'll should jump on the train. It's much more fun to be there than salty all the fuckin time.
Is it really coming along though? Capcom has never shown us they are capable and the game launches in 2 months. It will probably be going gold real soon.

JeTmAn81

Bon Voyage

SnakeEyez

As a big vs fan, why would you want it to fail? You do realize that if it fails hard, the chances of another would be very slim. Even if you (and others that hate how mvci is shaping up to be) really dislike the game, best case scenario is that it is successful and can allow for another one where Capcom can try again and come out with a better product that satisfies you.

Jawmuncher

I mostly lurk GAF, and you'd be hard pressed to find someone who's been more of a fan and booster of the versus series over the years. My original account back on SRK dates back to 2001 and was entirely based on looking for information for how to get a good arcade stick (which back in the day was hard) while reading up on how to get good at Marvel.

The game is so incredibly off putting that it actually throws me out of lurker status to mention just how disappointing the game is. People aren't just jumping on a bandwagon here to hate for the sake of hating, many people are outright upset that Capcom has degenerated as a company to the point where they think putting out a product like this is acceptable. Take it as you will I suppose.

Unlike some here I can understand the negative criticism. Since despite being on the fence, I understand where a lot of it is coming from. These days we're all expecting a lot more from capcom and for the most part they seem to miss a step or two whenever they do something.

MVCI in particular is all over the place. If you're not in for the speed and 2v2 instead of 3v3 then you don't even have the roster or graphics to back it up. So it definitely puts the game at an odd place.

Hopefully as things get closer to release some newer builds and updates can turn some of the complaints around. Even if it won't be all of them.

Again I don't see how people can say this game is simple. Your second character is your assist it's just as deep as mvc3.

There's tons of videos and hands on with the game. From scrubs like me to high level players.

Trace

Banned
Again I don't see how people can say this game is simple. Your second character is your assist it's just as deep as mvc3.

There's tons of videos and hands on with the game. From scrubs like me to high level players.

Same I don't really understand the "simple" comments. Are the graphics and UI shit? Yes. Is the movement slower? Probably (at least that Thor air plinking looked damn fast). However the depth of random shit you can do with tagging is at least as deep as the second assist in UMVC3.

It's nice that you're a longtime Vs series fan. I am, too. One thing you need to understand is that not every game is made for you. The graphics aren't great, and the roster leaves a lot to be desired, but it makes absolutely no sense to hope that another game simply destroys it because you don't like it. That's not only toxic, but also pretty stupid. A lot of people share that mentality nowadays.

Man, Jedah shouldnt be the exception when it comes to good animations

He should the norm

Eh, I complain but if the DLC is good I"ll probably pick it up

Same I don't really understand the "simple" comments. Are the graphics and UI shit? Yes. Is the movement slower? Probably (at least that Thor air plinking looked damn fast). However the depth of random shit you can do with tagging is at least as deep as the second assist in UMVC3.
Well my issue is we can't know the depth until the game releases. Slow complaints and simplifying complaints have always existed for next iterations of games. Same with MvC3 where Justin Wong was complaining about MvC3 being worse than MvC2, etc along with lots of pros before release and the beginning. If after like 3-6 months people think the game isn't as complicated or deep that's fine, but barely any of us have played the game vs another player. Let alone had extensive time with the full game.

The character select screen is interesting. They still have at minimum 7 characters to unveil.

There were 6 rows in the old one compared to 4 now. We'll prob get 6 rows in the final CSS, meaning 36 slots. Give 2 to randoms and that means 34 characters, unless the layout won't be a perfect rectangle.

Dahbomb

The character select screen is interesting. They still have at minimum 7 characters to unveil.
Assuming that is the final character select screen and assuming we have two random select options on there...

It's 24 + 18. 2 random select boxes, 6 DLC characters... 34 characters at launch.

Right in line with Ryce's list of 28 and then you add these 6:

Frank West
Haggar
Firebrand

Dormammu
Ghost Rider
Antman/Venom etc.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Yup, we still have like 5 more characters to announce to match up with Ryce's leaked list numbers. Then I predict we would get other batch of characters during Gamescom.

Nephtes

Haven't been paying too much attention to this game... (After the God awful story demo)...
But looked at the Gamora gameplay. Wow.
That looks pretty good.

Now I need to be thinking XOne X for graphics or PS4 base for player base...
Hate making these choices...

Jawmuncher

Oh cool they've revealed every single female for MVCi.
The first DLC pack better have 2 females in it. Sucks as DLC but it'd be a start (I say 2 since it seems parity is a thing maybe)

Haven't been paying too much attention to this game... (After the God awful story demo)...
But looked at the Gamora gameplay. Wow.
That looks pretty good.

Now I need to be thinking XOne X for graphics or PS4 base for player base...
Hate making these choices...

Game will probably look like shit either way so your choice is clear.

Yeah always put the playerbase first. Main reason I'm going PS4 instead of PC (along with easier local play due to my setup)

Gamora and Jedah were the most interesting new characters coming and I'm super pleased by how they look in motion. I hope we see more with them soon.

The game animates really well. It's a joy to watch in motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom