• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming that is the final character select screen and assuming we have two random select options on there...

It's 24 + 18. 2 random select boxes, 6 DLC characters... 34 characters at launch.

Right in line with Ryce's list of 28 and then you add these 6:

Frank West
Haggar
Firebrand

Dormammu
Ghost Rider
Antman/Venom etc.
Wasn't Firebrand on Ryce's 28 roster?

ZPs

It's nice that you're a longtime Vs series fan. I am, too. One thing you need to understand is that not every game is made for you. The graphics aren't great, and the roster leaves a lot to be desired, but it makes absolutely no sense to hope that another game simply destroys it because you don't like it. That's not only toxic, but also pretty stupid. A lot of people share that mentality nowadays.

What sends a better message to Capcom that they're on the wrong path than for a game to do poorly financially? Companies respond to financial feedback the most directly of any other feedback a consumer can send. Bear in mind that if Street Fighter X Tekken didn't tank as hard as it did, Capcom would still be thinking that the gem business model would be A-OK to put into every fighting game made since. If Capcom simultaneously sees MvCI do poorly while a game like DB Fighter Z (which is far more true to the Marvel roots than MvCI is) do well, does that not send a strong message to Capcom to get their shit together?

Capcom has been on an incredibly self destructive spiral of rushing game development, pushing more DLC, and dumbing down their games all at the same time when it comes to their fighting game development. If Capcom needs to take a break where they don't make fighting games for 5 years to get their shit together (ie: have multiple financial failures in a row) then I'm perfectly okay with that.

vg260

Well I don't know, guys. Game looks great to my eyes, despite repeated protests around here.

While the reduction in visual effects is apparent, so is the drastically improved VISUAL CLARITY. Something that was an issue with MvC3 during its entire lifespan. Some shit you just can't see very well. Looks like this will be decidedly less of an issue here, while still looking good in its own right. Still a ton of work to do on the various UI's and visuals of course, but it's coming along.

I look forward to this unreservedly. Ya'll should jump on the train. It's much more fun to be there than salty all the fuckin time.

I assume you just mean the ability to make out projectiles and other stuff on-screen from the backgrounds, because the image quality in the game is atrocius.

Sou Da

What sends a better message to Capcom that they're on the wrong path than for a game to do poorly financially? Companies respond to financial feedback the most directly of any other feedback a consumer can send. Bear in mind that if Street Fighter X Tekken didn't tank as hard as it did, Capcom would still be thinking that the gem business model would be A-OK to put into every fighting game made since. If Capcom simultaneously sees MvCI do poorly while a game like DB Fighter Z (which is far more true to the Marvel roots than MvCI is) do well, does that not send a strong message to Capcom to get their shit together?

Capcom has been on an incredibly self destructive spiral of rushing game development, pushing more DLC, and dumbing down their games all at the same time when it comes to their fighting game development. If Capcom needs to take a break where they don't make fighting games for 5 years to get their shit together (ie: have multiple financial failures in a row) then I'm perfectly okay with that.
Literally all that will do is permanently kill the franchise. Capcom isn't going to look at a successful MvcI and say "clearly people love the bad art they've complained about endlessly", you're just trying to justify a petty ass comment here.

vg260

Literally all that will do is permanently kill the franchise. Capcom isn't going to look at a successful MvcI and say "clearly people love the bad art they've complained about endlessly", you're just trying to justify a petty ass comment here.

I love the series, but the poster has a point. How do companies learn? Companies learn when they start getting hit in the wallet or expect to. (e.g. Xbox One launch). No one wants the series to die, but sometimes a hard lesson needs to be learned. The "it's better than nothing" response from customers just leads to the same results.

Pompadour

Yeah, Capcom is more likely to fold or abandon these franchises than "take a break" for a few years. And if it's just a break it could be something close to a decade before we get a sequel like the gap between 3rd Strike and SF4.

Although this doesn't apply to MvCI so much, I'd be pretty bummed if Capcom tries to replicate the success of SF2/SF4 by giving us the same overused characters again and again just because 3S and V (which I consider better games) didn't do well.

Regardless, people should realize that Capcom's failures directly led to Street Fighter V and MvCI. RE6 doing poorly has much more to do with how barebones SFV and MvCI are than anything else. They overspent last generation to try and match the big Western developers and they couldn't. After many games that sold poorly they're new modus operandi is just to create games on conservative budgets. Capcom needs big hits if they're going to start dumping money into these franchises.

Jawmuncher

Yeah, Capcom is more likely to fold or abandon these franchises than "take a break" for a few years. And if it's just a break it could be something close to a decade before we get a sequel like the gap between 3rd Strike and SF4.

Although this doesn't apply to MvCI so much, I'd be pretty bummed if Capcom tries to replicate the success of SF2/SF4 by giving us the same overused characters again and again just because 3S and V (which I consider better games) didn't do well.

Regardless, people should realize that Capcom's failures directly led to Street Fighter V and MvCI. RE6 doing poorly has much more to do with how barebones SFV and MvCI are than anything else. They overspent last generation to try and match the big Western developers and they couldn't. After many games that sold poorly they're new modus operandi is just to create games on conservative budgets. Capcom needs big hits if they're going to start dumping money into these franchises.

Don't drag RE6 through the mud when it's not the only factor.

RE6, Dragons Dogma, failed western developer deals, and the failure of phanta rhei & deep down getting off the ground combined are why capcom is where they're at now.

DR2K

Banned
They announced 2 characters via select screen, this game has no budget.

No happy birthdays in this game unless you have a reality stone. :/

Game is super slow, everyone has a ton of health. Even the females surprisingly. I imagine time outs will be a major thing similar to SFxT, especially with the systems in place to keep a character alive.

Jedahs blood is really just a function.

Ryces 28 character leak is looking more like a lock. I think everything else will be DLC or strory mode asset similar to way MKX used MK9 characters with a slightly new coat of paint.

Lulubop

Game is super slow, everyone has a ton of health. Even the females surprisingly. I imagine time outs will be a major thing similar to SFxT, especially with the systems in place to keep a character alive.

Ryces 28 character leak is looking more like a lock. I think everything else will be DLC or strory mode asset similar to way MKX used MK9 characters with a slightly new coat of paint.

this is just bait at this point

Neoxon

I do think everyone should be wary just in case some of the remaining characters from the zip leak are story related only.
*points at Dormammu variant cover leak*

Also, the MvC YouTube channel uploaded the exhibition matches,

Pompadour

Don't drag RE6 through the mud when it's not the only factor.

RE6, Dragons Dogma, failed western developer deals, and the failure of phanta rhei & deep down getting off the ground combined are why capcom is where they're at now.

You're right. I just used RE6 as an example of how Capcom went wrong but it clearly wasn't the only issue. All of those other examples contributed as well.

Dahbomb

That DR2K post is legitimately telling lies.

Completely jumped the fence type post there, I hope no one takes the bait.

Edit: Too late... LMAO!

Vice

I happy birthday'd multiple people while playing the Evo demo this weekend

Real tempted to just ignore at this point.

That doesn't mean he'll be playable. Just that he's in the game.

Yeah, GG.

Was gonna post a Jojo meme but I might get modded for that and you're not worth it.

DR2K

Banned
I happy birthday'd multiple people while playing the Evo demo this weekend

I just kept seeing characters fly out when both were hit during the exhibition. How much damage could you do on the assist character? Is there a damage modifier?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dont even know why you guys even go as far as to even quote him. I straight up ignore him.

what I find funny (interesting? sad?) about... lets say "certain posters", is that, the positive poster can still find plenty negatives with the game, in fact, probably more negatives than positives (lol), but "certain posters" just have a laundry list of shit they spew ad nauseum with no positives as if the game will melt your HDD when you install it.

But hey, no agenda.

Dahbomb

I just kept seeing characters fly out when both were hit during the exhibition. How much damage could you do on the assist character? Is there a damage modifier?
There's no extra damage modifier on non point characters.

But happy birthdays most definitely exist.

what I find funny (interesting? sad?) about... lets say "certain posters", is that, the positive poster can still find plenty negatives with the game, in fact, probably more negatives than positives (lol), but "certain posters" just have a laundry list of shit they spew ad nauseum with no positives as if the game will melt your HDD when you install it.

But hey, no agenda.

lol Truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom