• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider-man |OT| An Animated Homecoming on Disney XD

VeeP

Man, I knew Miles Spider-man would pop up but I was hoping that'd be some dimension traveling stuff. Now we know Gwen will get powers too later on, I love Spider-Gwen but... I feel like one Spider-man in the show should've been enough, no need for the eventual 3 (4?). Oh well, so far the show has been fun, so I'll give it a shot. Hopefully it can prove me wrong.

They must think they are on a shorter leash the The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes at the pace flying through this series.

Miles gets his powers and immediately goes home to make an impressive Spider-Man suit. I guess that makes sense with the fan boy angle they are pushing with Miles, but I agree with RedHoodedOwl, I'm not a fan of that take either.

Kevinroc

There are 8 spiders. Peter and Miles are 1 & 2. And we know Gwen and Anya will be 3 & 4. (Although they may not be powered up in that order.)

So there are a lot more spiders headed our way in this show.

Slayven

There are 8 spiders. Peter and Miles are 1 & 2. And we know Gwen and Anya will be 3 & 4. (Although they may not be powered up in that order.)

I am sure Flash gets suited up, and I imagine Iron Spider comes into play. So who could be the last 2?

Silk? Steel Spider?

Fj0823

Cool. Seems like they're doing something a bit different with this

Kevinroc

I am sure Flash gets suited up, and I imagine Iron Spider comes into play. So who could be the last 2?

Silk? Steel Spider?

Flash is Venom. They totally foreshadowed that in the Stark Expo episode. I don't think he'll be one of the spiders.

Miguel O'Hara supposedly is supposed to show up at some point. But would he count as one of the spiders?

If I had to guess, I'd look towards current comics. That means I'd have my eyes on Silk and Spinneret (AU Mary Jane from RYV) making possible debuts in this show.

Slayven

Flash is Venom. They totally foreshadowed that in the Stark Expo episode. I don't think he'll be one of the spiders.

Miguel O'Hara supposedly is supposed to show up at some point. But would he count as one of the spiders?

If I had to guess, I'd look towards current comics. That means I'd have my eyes on Silk and Spinneret (AU Mary Jane from RYV) making possible debuts in this show.

I hate the name, makes me think of spider butts

I wouldn't be surprised if Amadeus Cho shows up as the Iron Spider again just like the Ultimate Cartoon.

caliph95

I would. Cho is a Hulk these days. I think it'll be tied to someone closer to home.

I think Harry might be a possibility, if he doesn't go Goblin that is.
I mean they're not using Ironheart but I won't be surprised if she appears as a sidekick or something

PixelatedBookake

Man, I knew Miles Spider-man would pop up but I was hoping that'd be some dimension traveling stuff. Now we know Gwen will get powers too later on, I love Spider-Gwen but... I feel like one Spider-man in the show should've been enough, no need for the eventual 3 (4?). Oh well, so far the show has been fun, so I'll give it a shot. Hopefully it can prove me wrong.

So what you're saying is...there are Too Many Spidermen?

caliph95

That seems kind of random. I'm curious why you think this.
I'm not saying it's guaranteed but with the focus on science prodigies and younger cast as well as iron man appearance.

I wouldn't be surprised if she appears at least as just some girl not guaranteed though

PixelatedBookake

Jeez that's a lot of spiders. I haven't checked out the show too much outside a few clips here and there, but didn't the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon play that "Spider-Verse" hat in their final two seasons? It's interesting in theory, but a "Spider-Verse" show so to speak will sink or swim depending on strong characterization of the other spider characters. And Spider-Gwen and Miles aren't exactly strong in that regard. The scales can be tipped tho.

VeeP

So what you're saying is...there are Too Many Spidermen?

Not quite. I was hoping we'd get a mostly Peter show, with team up's with different dimensions/etc. occasionally, and maybe down the line we might get episodes focused on those characters.

But what it feels like is they are going the Amazing Spider-Friends direction. Will Miles/Gwen/etc. be fighting alongside Peter every episode? How will they balance the characters/growth/plot/etc.

But even though I'm not fond of the direction they're going in, I'm willing to give it a chance. Maybe they'll impress me.

Kevinroc

Not quite. I was hoping we'd get a mostly Peter show, with team up's with different dimensions/etc. occasionally, and maybe down the line we might get episodes focused on those characters.

But what it feels like is they are going the Amazing Spider-Friends direction. Will Miles/Gwen/etc. be fighting alongside Peter every episode? How will they balance the characters/growth/plot/etc.

But even though I'm not fond of the direction they're going in, I'm willing to give it a chance. Maybe they'll impress me.

It sounds like we may see Peter team up with one of the other Spiders like Miles or Gwen or someone else every once in awhile, but there will still be room for Peter to team up with other non-spider heroes like Iron Man or Hulk. And there should still be room for solo Peter outings even with all these other spiders and heroes out there. Although I imagine the season finales will be suitably bombastic in their approach.

iJack

Banned
Skipping the last posts since I'm little behind on the episodes, but I'm really enjoying this. Subscribing to this so I get to comment here once I'm up to date with the latest eps.

So in this episode
Peter revealed his secret identity to Miles.
Feel like these things are progressing too fast. Still enjoyed the episode though.

Certinty

Episode 10 was great, 9 was the worst of the show so far I thought.

Sure things are progressing real fast but I don't really mind, just allows for more things to happen I guess.

Kevinroc

Things have definitely slowed down.

They're gonna drag Harry being torn between being Peter's friend and being Norman's son.

Slayven

Things have definitely slowed down.

They're gonna drag Harry being torn between being Peter's friend and being Norman's son.

I am appreacite them not jumping into Goblin bullshit, eventhough they are doing it own the downlow.

That sword in the latest ep

1530835-1.jpg

Neoxon

I really hope they make Norman into Green Goblin & not Harry. But going by how things are progressing, it could go either way.

Slayven

I really hope they make Norman into Green Goblin & not Harry. But going by how things are progressing, it could go either way.

I like them both having legit reasons for being the goblin. Never like Harry as a goblin in the comics because he just fell into it.

Neoxon

I like them both having legit reasons for being the goblin. Never like Harry as a goblin in the comics because he just fell into it.
I’ll give the show points for that, though I suppose I may be a bit biased since Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) is one of my favorite villains ever.

Kevinroc

Where's Miles?

I imagine Green Goblin will be a season finale threat.

The Horizon gang weren't in the latest episode at all. Seems like they're going to slip in and out of episodes. Although I imagine we'll see all the characters show up in the season finales.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
MJ finally showed up... in a mascot costume. You teasing bastards.

I wonder if Flash will end up controlling the Symbiote like in the comics.

Top Bottom