• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

ThatGuyfromMars

Neo Member
It's such a shame that romances haven't been fleshed out after ME 1-3. Literally a selling point imo.

I chose Vetra to be my partner and it sucks that you really can't do anything anymore after all the romance scenes. There are points though where she will randomly associate your relationship with you, or her sister does it but thats kinda it and it sucks.

I wanna go talk with her about life, I wanna lay down in bed and chat for hours I wanna LIVE IN FUCKING MASS EFFECT.
I don't think it's fair to compare romances from ME1-3 because the player had three games to get to know most of them. Vetra, however, she's the coolest. I really like the game, but I'll buy the next just to hang out with that cute Turian girl.

Bioware got me hook, line and sinker (again). I hope EA will let them continue this story, even after the negative press, it's genuinely a decent game. Just get rid of the fucking car, I hated that bullshit in ME1, why the hell do I have to deal with it again?

I hope there will be a Holiday Romance Wedding DLC

Edit: actually the way romances are panning out in the game feels like being married.

Yeah I feel like this one went real fast with the relationship
I don't even think Tali told me she loved me until the third one. I only had to do two missions with Vetra to get her to love me. Damn, I should've started with this one

Me and a friend will be trading games when he finishes MEA and I wrap up some more stuff in Nier.

Have they patched the ginger pale skin into the game or was I misinformed and its in the game already?

Every ME I make myself and then create other characters for the paragon renegade playthroughs.

if its not in yet have then announced when it will possibly be added? I want to know because if its not soon I can wrap up Nier before loaning it out

Nah it's not in yet. Not sure about an ETA but they have mentioned it as though it's a thing they've been working on since before launch.

Thanks I hope its soon but I can wait

Jocund

Me and a friend will be trading games when he finishes MEA and I wrap up some more stuff in Nier.

Have they patched the ginger pale skin into the game or was I misinformed and its in the game already?

Every ME I make myself and then create other characters for the paragon renegade playthroughs.

if its not in yet have then announced when it will possibly be added? I want to know because if its not soon I can wrap up Nier before loaning it out

Nah it's not in yet. Not sure about an ETA but they have mentioned it as though it's a thing they've been working on since before launch.

Sanojio

Based on the ridiculous 24-27% price cuts and the nearly universal panning of the animations and multiplayer glitches...I'm genuinely concerned this is the final Mass Effect ever being released.

Mankind Divided, despite being a fantastic Deus Ex was screwed up by SE, especially the multiplayer and they permanently killed off the Deus Ex series on the worst cliffhanger ever.

Rozart

I just found out that holding square allows you to quick-change your weapons...Did the game ever teach you this or was it something that I completely missed? Because wow, I feel dumb. Tapping the touchpad to change my weapons was the most cumbersome thing to do mid-battle.

I just found out that holding square allows you to quick-change your weapons...Did the game ever teach you this or was it something that I completely missed? Because wow, I feel dumb. Tapping the touchpad to change my weapons was the most cumbersome thing to do mid-battle.
Don't think it ever explicitly tells you. I found out from watching a review on YouTube.

Don't think it ever explicitly tells you. I found out from watching a review on YouTube.

I remember the game told me that in the tutorial area.

The 'tutorials' are just flying texts though maybe you missed them.

Based on the ridiculous 24-27% price cuts and the nearly universal panning of the animations and multiplayer glitches...I'm genuinely concerned this is the final Mass Effect ever being released.

Mankind Divided, despite being a fantastic Deus Ex was screwed up by SE, especially the multiplayer and they permanently killed off the Deus Ex series on the worst cliffhanger ever.

No videogame franchise ever stays dead.

sangreal

I'm sure it pops up at some point, but its really easy to miss some of the tutorials

or maybe they forgot that some people are new to the series

Grisby

"Conflict arises over what curriculum the Initiative children will learn. Asari representatives say they will wait it out until their demands are met."

The true evil of the new trilogy right there. Ryder needs to fight for those education rights man.

"Conflict arises over what curriculum the Initiative children will learn. Asari representatives say they will wait it out until their demands are met."

The true evil of the new trilogy right there. Ryder needs to fight for those education rights man.

I haven't finished the main story, so maybe they'll address it this game, but I feel that they are laying the groundwork for very interesting politics in the next game.

The Milky Way races can more or less coexist because they are desperate for survival. But once things settle down, I'm certain old racial resentments will come bursting out again.

As it is, there is a Krogan in the Nexus leadership and no Asari. That alone could be a meaty plot element for MEA2

Sayers

This is really stupid but I am wandering around Aya for the first time and have talked to all the companions except Cora. Where the fuck is she?

So I just finished the
Archon ship mission
and goddamn that was really great. I brought Jaal and Drack with me and their reactions were great especially during the
Salarian exaltation scene
where Jaal started freaking out and the
exalted krogan fight
where Drack's comments were really good. This was probably my favorite mission so far in terms of pacing and scenes, so I really hope there's more like this.

Ok folks, I love the Dhan Shotgun so much I made a video on how to craft the blueprint and easily find Vanadium (hard to find). Try it out!

If you are playing a Vanguard this is a must have.
https://youtu.be/rs5QCQmQAAA

I prefer the Scattershot over the Dhan. Not having to reload ever is nice when you're charging every 4 seconds.

nah son, two piranhas with vintage heat sink is where it's at.

2q7eM90.gif

Reloading??? lulz, what's that???

Rozart

Ah, okay. I must have missed the tutorial button prompts then.

Question about the Voeld Remnant Vault:

So, right when I first entered the main chamber, I did the little puzzle on the left side that required you to quickly jump from one terminal to the next. Then, I proceeded over to the right. Fought off some robots and jump jetted my way up to the platform righr above the safe warm bubble. There's a locked room that I accessed by clicking on the terminal. Inside, I had to battle a mini-boss remnant. After the fight, I went over to the safe bubbleb area inside the room and clicked on the terminal located within it. The terminal's clickable but nothing really happened? There's no treasure or container that I can open/find. Is there anything more to this room?

Jerm411

Stupid question....I just moved and don't have WiFi up yet, can I still play the campaign? Just asking because I know in previous EA game it required a check in when starting or whatever...

Tovarisc

Ah, okay. I must have missed the tutorial button prompts then.

Question about the Voeld Remnant Vault:

So, right when I first entered the main chamber, I did the little puzzle on the left side that required you to quickly jump from one terminal to the next. Then, I proceeded over to the right. Fought off some robots and jump jetted my way up to the platform righr above the safe warm bubble. There's a locked room that I accessed by clicking on the terminal. Inside, I had to battle a mini-boss remnant. After the fight, I went over to the safe bubbleb area inside the room and clicked on the terminal located within it. The terminal's clickable but nothing really happened? There's no treasure or container that I can open/find. Is there anything more to this room?

It should have given you few skill points.

Effect

So made it to the Tempest. Damn this is a small ship. Where are the rest of the crew quarters!? In addition to that yours are huge by comparison.

How the hell were there so many Krogan, Salarian, Asari, and Turians on the Hyperion?

I just made it to Kaddabra (how ever you spell that) and I've seen so many of them on that planet and on the Nexus and I haven't found any of the other Arks.

Romance question

PeeBee wanted to do the no strings attached sex in the escape pod. Did I ruin my romance with Cora and is she slow to romance?

Just did Cora's loyalty mission and did anyone else find it completely ridiculous that
her and Sarissa destroyed an entire kett ship (a cruiser?) with their biotics?
I know Mass Effect likes to play fast and loose with the rules of its setting but that just seemed stupid.

Stupid question....I just moved and don't have WiFi up yet, can I still play the campaign? Just asking because I know in previous EA game it required a check in when starting or whatever...

You should be able to, I just think you won't have access to strike team missions or importing custom ryder faces from their archive website.

Might miss out on some essential patches though.

How the hell were there so many Krogan, Salarian, Asari, and Turians on the Hyperion?

I just made it to Kaddabra (how ever you spell that) and I've seen so many of them on that planet and on the Nexus and I haven't found any of the other Arks.

Romance question

PeeBee wanted to do the no strings attached sex in the escape pod. Did I ruin my romance with Cora and is she slow to romance?
there are cryopods on the nexus

There weren't? There were a few Asari aboard the Hyperion (Human Ark) but the rest either came in their own Arks (Turian, Asari, Salarians) or came in with the Nexus (Krogan plus a mixture of every other race) 14 months ahead of the Arks.

there are cryopods on the nexus

There weren't? There were a few Asari aboard the Hyperion (Human Ark) but the rest either came in their own Arks (Turian, Asari, Salarians) or came in with the Nexus (Krogan plus a mixture of every other race) 14 months ahead of the Arks.

Yeah, I totally forgot the Nexus had its own pods it came over with. It was bugging me too. Lol.. I'm still waiting to find the Arks.

nel e nel

There is a tutorial section in one of the menus that goes over all the various controls. I remember reading it in that.

Ashtar

Games got a lot of good and a lot of bad in it, I can see why it reviewed like it did.
My chief complaint is you can't romance a krogan? Smh what were they thinking this game is all about hot alien sex and yet I can't shag this hulking krogan, also can't shag homegirl with the half cut if you're female? She hung out with Asari for years and never partook? Yeah right!
And to add insult to injury one my favorite actresses who I've had a crush on forever plays Lexi but you can't can't get her draws neither! This is almost as bad as when I couldn't romance Keith David!
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna change to a male Ryder just so I can get some decent buns
Other things, the game freezing for a second when you're rolling in the nomad... Yuck
The cover system is a bit of a downgrade from previous, sometimes things you think should give you cover don't and that sucks also the cover can be very finicky
The menu systems... Not as bad as me1.... But not great
Quest log.... Better than me3s but still could use work if probably rip off witcher 3 Main Story significant side quest, random task then just be able to filter by place

I do like the shooting, multi really fun and despite contrivances I like the story so far.

RedSwirl

Question for people playing: So how far does this game actually go in trying to create a feeling of seamlessness between space ship, Nomad, and on-foot gamelay?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Question for people playing: So how far does this game actually go in trying to create a feeling of seamlessness between space ship, Nomad, and on-foot gamelay?

It's not a perfect solution, as it uses pre rendered space-to-planet cutscenes to hid loading, but the background streaming is fast enough that at least on PC from an SSD you don't see an obvious loading screen, and the ship touching down on a planet and you disembarking is all real time. It's definitely the best the series has been at the transition.

RedSwirl

It's not a perfect solution, as it uses pre rendered space-to-planet cutscenes to hid loading, but the background streaming is fast enough that at least on PC from an SSD you don't see an obvious loading screen, and the ship touching down on a planet and you disembarking is all real time. It's definitely the best the series has been at the transition.

Sounds like an upgrade version of what ME1 tried. I guess I'll have to watch videos.

Top Bottom