• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

Tenshin

Can someone tell me how is it posible the grandfather of xo prestley was in the first contact war and the father of the rider's also in it? I thought andromeda took place after mass effect 2.

Can someone tell me how is it posible the grandfather of xo prestley was in the first contact war and the father of the rider's also in it? I thought andromeda took place after mass effect 2.

It does, ME2 only takes place about 30 or so years after the first contact war iirc

Prestley being an old as fuck dude when his grandfather served in the First Contact War was always a bit of a weird inconsistency in the lore in ME1

kcp12304

Banned

The Illusive Man served in the First Contact War.

It does, ME2 only takes place about 30 or so years after the first contact war iirc

Prestley being an old as fuck dude when his grandfather served in the First Contact War was always a bit of a weird inconsistency in the lore in ME1
Apparently the first contact war was 2157, ME1 starts in 2183.

So that's actually less than 30 years... lol

Guess Pressly's grandad stayed in the army for a long ass time lmao

TheYanger

Being in the same war doesn't mean they're the same age. Ryder sr is pretty damn old looking too, he could be a grandfather, just isn't. Ryder sis and bro (you) are pretty damn young too.

If anything, the real issue is Pressly's grandfather's mention in the older games, the war's date is established already, and it's only 26 years between that time and Mass Effect 1. Like, that's a really tight timeline for that to occur even in the old games, Andromeda isn't the outlier there, Pressly is. That said, assuming he's an admiral type senior officer, it's believable I suppose. Just not in the like "This happened ages ago" sense which is what that type of story would typically be told like (For example, my Grandfather served in WW2, I wouldn't say "My grandfather served in Afghanistan 2 years ago" though even if it were true, it's just an odd way to say it).

Is the whole "you can't make a white character" thing legit or is that just people spreading bullshit?

You certainly can. They're just mostly uglier than the ethnic faces.

Is the whole "you can't make a white character" thing legit or is that just people spreading bullshit?

There are not many options. For CC your best bet is to go for an Asian woman.

fhJJD7yl.jpg

Ushay

There are not many options. For CC your best bet is to go for an Asian woman.

fhJJD7yl.jpg

Sadly this is true, Asian women do look amazing on this though. CC needs a lot of work from Bioware via an update. Pretty sure they have acknowledged it and will do something about it at some point,

The CC is most comparable to Ghost Recon Wildlands, if you played that/played the beta.

You just basically choose a preset ethnicity and then you can kind of tweak them a bit. You can also lighten or darken their skin but most of the faces are designed around the skin tones they have by default.

<Mirror's Edge Theme>
They need to add Faith's tattoo to this game lol

Sadly this is true, Asian women do look amazing on this though. CC needs a lot of work from Bioware via an update. Pretty sure they have acknowledged it and will do something about it at some point,
Yeah, they've acknowledged it so hopefully we'll get better options later on.

Ah I see, kind of disappointing but not game breaking I suppose.

Your suggestion is probably the route I'll end up taking actually.
You can find some really good Ryders in this thread. Some of them even have sliders, including the Asian woman that I posted.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1352813

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Yeah I've been listening to the OST and it's very forgettable overall. Did they just not contact Hulick & Wall because they wanted a clean slate? The OSTs were always one of the best aspects of the original trilogy and Paesano seems to be a pretty mediocre composer.

I'm in the opposite boat, I think it's fantastic: but everyone's got different tastes I guess :)

Amazing OT Blue Ninja and Shinobi!

Really well thought out and a credit to the extranet.

I've been hard on this game and had some bad times with Mass Effect 3, but I REALLY want this to be good.

Hoping a mid 80s for this game.

JBwB

I've already preordered but I won't play the game until I finish Nier.

Also the embargo ends soon right? Here's hoping it reviews well!

xealo

You certainly can, it's just that a number of presets do not allow people to make characters that look northern European more so than someone from the Mediterranean in skin tone.

The skin tone slider simply doesn't go as far to the left as it could be doing. Although that's the least of the problems with it seeing how you can't change complexions and eyes + nose + mouth shapes independent of the preset.

Harlequin

You can definitely make white characters but it does seem more difficult to create decent-looking white characters because the character creator is so limiting and some of the presets tend to look you into relatively narrow skin tone ranges (not to mention that you can't change nose or eye shapes so if a preset has got, for example Asian-looking eyes and an Asian-looking nose, you can't change that). So far, female Asians seem to be the easiest to get right with the character creator judging by the pictures I've seen. I have also seen a few decent-looking white guys but most of the time when I've tried creating one of those in MEA's CC, he ended up looking more Latino than white. So yeah, long story short, the character creator is shit.

I can't believe it's been five years since Mass Effect 3 already. Man, time flies by so quickly.

I won't be able to play the game as I don't meet the system requirements, but I'm looking forward to watching streams of it.
Lol you can't buy a XB1 or a PS4 VB or you've been living in the stone age?! I mean yeah 5 years but wow.

You can find some really good Ryders in this thread. Some of them even have sliders, including the Asian woman that I posted.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1352813

Appreciated.

You certainly can, it's just that a number of presets do not allow people to make characters that look northern European more so than someone from the Mediterranean in skin tone.

The skin tone slider simply doesn't go as far to the left as it could be doing. Although that's the least of the problems with it seeing how you can't change complexions and eyes + nose + mouth shapes independent of the preset.

That's actually really surprising to me. I had heard it wasn't great but it sounds like it's a pretty significant step back compared to even previous BioWare games which is really disappointing.

The Dark Shape

Neo Member
Current status:

21 hours, 22 minutes played.
Level 24 Ryder
34% Completion

If you're a fan of this series and you can weather the first couple hours, I think you're going to love this game.

Bombless

Wait, did they remove the physical impact part of Charge? Because that guy didn't look staggered at all, not even a little bit.

That's a Sharpshooter, it still had shield when the charge impacted. But yeah, the charge doesn't fling mobs away now unless it kills them (probably to allow you to better shotgun them/pound in the face).

jdstorm

Banned

Bullshit. Reddit had some really great female ones from preset 5 and 9.

Its almost impossible, but thanks to face code sharing via an official website. You should be able to find something that suits your needs.

Top Bottom