• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

Mediking

I really do like the crew and the Tempest. I just got done saving Havarl and went back to the Tempest. I actually breathed a sigh of relief because I was happy I helped the Angara and being back on the Tempest felt amazing.

I still don't think this is a bad game.

I'm starting to gain alotta credits and is getting a grasp of the mechanics of the game.

Now to win Cora's heart...

Cornbread78

I really do like the crew and the Tempest. I just got done saving Havarl and went back to the Tempest. I actually breathed a sigh of relief because I was happy I helped the Angara and being back on the Tempest felt amazing.

I still don't think this is a bad game.

I'm starting to gain alotta credits and is getting a grasp of the mechanics of the game.

Now to win Cora's heart...

Do yourself a favor and keep up with your strike teams while your at it. You can manage them through the mobile app as well.

Just make sure when there is a trophy at stake, you finalize the missions in-game.

(Lvl 20 team, unlock 5 teams)

Mediking

Do yourself a favor and keep up with your strike teams while your at it. You can manage them through the mobile app as well.

Just make sure when there is a trophy at stake, you finalize the missions in-game.

(Lvl 20 team, unlock 5 teams)

Lol I took one glance at the Strike Team thing and never went back.

But if you insist... okay then.

prag16

Banned
The Citadel DLC for ME3 was the perfect send off for the trilogy, I was really hoping they'd do something similar for Andromeda to at least tie up the loose ends.
I'll even take a hastily put together novel at this point. Better than nothing.

Lucreto

There is a panel at the Montreal Comic Con this weekend. Hopefully we get some news relating to dlc. They don't have to announce anything just saying it exists is enough.

DD1hSlAWAAEiBgq.jpg

Or at least tell us flat out that the franchise is on ice and there is no DLC.

Just say "there are no plans for Single Player DLC".

I still think once Anthem and the new Dragon Agr are out, we will get Andromeda 2, done by the A team and determined to do it right. You can tell at the very least they think there is still potential here. And there is.

Or at least tell us flat out that the franchise is on ice and there is no DLC.

Just say "there are no plans for Single Player DLC".

I still think once Anthem and the new Dragon Agr are out, we will get Andromeda 2, done by the A team and determined to do it right. You can tell at the very least they think there is still potential here. And there is.

Tons of potential. I really enjoyed the characters. The game concluded nicely but also left a giant hook that I really want to bite. I also want a ME trilogy remaster but they can have any studio do that.

Patryn

Not with that attitude it doesn't.

I understand it sucks, but me saying that SP DLC doesn't exist isn't what is making it not happen.

I understand wanting to be optimistic, but we've had everything shy of official confirmation that it's not happening.

prag16

Banned
I understand it sucks, but me saying that SP DLC doesn't exist isn't what is making it not happen.

I understand wanting to be optimistic, but we've had everything shy of official confirmation that it's not happening.
NO. It's still Schrodinger's DLC. Until we hear it from the horse's mouth.

:(

It was a joke. I have already abandoned all reasonable hope.

Jawmuncher

I would argue that in this particular case a send off DLC for Andromeda would probably be a more worthwhile investment than just some MP DLC and pretending the game doesn't exist. outside the MP.
Tie up the cliffhanger along with bringing the Quarian and Batarian Arc and call it a day. I think that would be enough to at least ease people into the long sleep the series might be seeing until it returns.
Nothing worse than "We won't see a sequel for 10 years and we might never revisit the cliffhanger we set up"

Hell if they hadn't set up a cliffhanger they probably wouldn't be catching so much flak.

Jawmuncher

Is this game nearly as bad as people make it seem? I kinda wanna try it... Loved mass effect

I don't think so and i'm pretty critical on a lot of games. It's definitely worth the $20 price it currently is selling for. It might not be in the league of ME2, but it's fun for what it is. In a lot of ways it kinds of feels like the sequel we would have gotten to ME1 had we not gotten the shift we did with ME2 (Though taking the combat from ME2 and amplifying the maneuverability).

Is this game nearly as bad as people make it seem? I kinda wanna try it... Loved mass effect

Some technical issues but those are mostly cleaned up at this point. Combat is fun though encounter design is iffy (not any worse than recent BioWare though). I found the cast great and the main/side quests are good. The tasks are lackluster but unnecessary. The best way I can describe it is the game has heart.

HKA6A7

Like every BW game after ME2:
Not as bad as they paint it, but not as a great as defenders says.

Andromeda is a straight 7.5 game, it has some stuff that really shine, like the combat or the emails (yes, the emails, surprisingly well written). But theres a clear lack of direction and polish that can test your patience.

If you find it at a discounted price, go for it!
The game does have a good amount of content, and it mp is still alive, getting new content. Which is a miracle after what they did with DAI's mp.

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
I feel like I'm doing something wrong... I get a lot of dropped gear but I can never equip any of it. Is armor loot tables jacked in this game?

Mediking

[TW]Stone;242710596 said:
I feel like I'm doing something wrong... I get a lot of dropped gear but I can never equip any of it. Is armor loot tables jacked in this game?

You can only equip at Loadout spots.

Arklite

Andromeda is a straight 7.5 game, it has some stuff that really shine, like the combat or the emails (yes, the emails, surprisingly well written). But theres a clear lack of direction and polish that can test your patience.

Not sure about the emails, but I agree. It's a solid game burdened with odd design choices, uneven presentation, and unpolished components. Stupidly, throughout my playthrough I couldn't decide how much I liked or disliked it. As if I'd bought an expensive cake that was half baked and sort of smashed but still seemed tasty.

Not sure about the emails, but I agree. It's a solid game burdened with odd design choices, uneven presentation, and unpolished components. Stupidly, throughout my playthrough I couldn't decide how much I liked or disliked it. As if I'd bought an expensive cake that was half baked and sort of smashed but still seemed tasty.
It's funny how the same thing could be said of Inquisition, minus perhaps the unpolished part, since I thought DAI was pretty polished.

Nope. It's clearly a weaker game than the original trilogy, but still has a lot of merit. I see it as a 7.5 or 8 out of 10 game that had the misfortune of being the followup to one of the most celebrated trilogies in gaming.

TeddyBoy

I would argue that in this particular case a send off DLC for Andromeda would probably be a more worthwhile investment than just some MP DLC and pretending the game doesn't exist. outside the MP.
Tie up the cliffhanger along with bringing the Quarian and Batarian Arc and call it a day. I think that would be enough to at least ease people into the long sleep the series might be seeing until it returns.
Nothing worse than "We won't see a sequel for 10 years and we might never revisit the cliffhanger we set up"

Hell if they hadn't set up a cliffhanger they probably wouldn't be catching so much flak.

I've not been following the thread very closely, when was a Batarian Ark hinted at?

I remember them saying that the fourth ark was delayed because they had to modify the cryo chambers for the Volus, Drell and/or Hanar but that's about it.

If they're going to add a surprise race to the ark it'll just be that some Geth snuck on board or a Quarian made them in Andromeda.

Arklite

Shame we'll never find out what the Quarian ark was dealing with. If it was just more Kett I'd be underwhelmed. Searching the
besieged arks
was one my favorite yet undercooked areas of Andromeda.

Lamptramp

If you find it at a discounted price, go for it!
The game does have a good amount of content, and it mp is still alive, getting new content. Which is a miracle after what they did with DAI's mp.

I agree with HKA6A7 (and others) though personally I'd dock at least a point off :)

I love Mass Effect too and to me Andromeda seemed very much the fat-free version, it tastes almost as good but after eating you realise it's a poor substitute for the "real thing". In fact you realise you'd rather have saved the money and disappointment and grabbed the salad instead, sure its not as tasty but its cheaper and better for you...... *Glares distractedly at the low fat cheese and pickle sandwich on desk*

Seriously though, for a discounted price (or even second hand) there is some enjoyment to be had provided you have the spare time. The fact I completed it and keep dropping back into the thread in the vain hope of seeing some further content story side attests to that.

Kadayi

Banned

Not at all. I'm pretty critical of some poor design decisions (as discussed way earlier in the thread), but I played it to completion and have no regrets on that front.

I'd like to see further instalments because I dare say that they'd successfully iron out the issues with future titles, but whether that will ever come to pass who can say.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The only thing I'm really disappointed in this game is that it's not as replayable as the old trilogy. Don't know why, but it's like I have to force myself to play for my 2nd playthrough. And it's not like I hate my 1st one, far from it.

Maybe the game being so big just doesn't help. Same thing happened when I tried doing a 2nd playthrough of Witcher 3. It's not really worth it to play a 60-80 hours game a 2nd time just to see some minor or romance differences.

Jawmuncher

I've not been following the thread very closely, when was a Batarian Ark hinted at?

I remember them saying that the fourth ark was delayed because they had to modify the cryo chambers for the Volus, Drell and/or Hanar but that's about it.

If they're going to add a surprise race to the ark it'll just be that some Geth snuck on board or a Quarian made them in Andromeda.

There wasn't. I just added that since they are going to add Batarians to MP. Despite Batarians not being in Andromeda yet.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah, including Batarians before Quarians in MP feels strange, when you didn't even expect them to be in Andromeda in the first place, when Quarians(and other races) were at least teased about that.

Today, actually.

Nothing in that tweet indicate a patch is coming next week or today. Today, they're just going to talk about it.

LORANT92

Yeah, including Batarians before Quarians in MP feels strange, when you didn't even expect them to be in Andromeda in the first place, when Quarians(and other races) were at least teased about that.

Nothing in that tweet indicate a patch is coming next week or today. Today, they're just going to talk about it.

They have a track record of not talking about the next patch until it's ready for release, plus there's a scheduled downtime for MP 2 hours before the stream.

prag16

Banned
It's funny how the same thing could be said of Inquisition, minus perhaps the unpolished part, since I thought DAI was pretty polished.
Exactly. Since day one I've been saying that if DA:I had launched in 2017 it would have been savaged, possibly nearly as badly as ME:A.

To me ME:A is clearly the better game, and it's not particularly close. The combat is obviously in a different league, and the story/characters/writing are mostly on par (though I know many disagree there). The only area ME:A is worse other than some lack of polish is a more cumbersome travel system. The horrific quest design and the horrible power mechanic made me stop playing DA:I, and ME:A while retaining some of that poor design avoids the worst aspects imo.

I earlier gave Andromeda a 9/10 but it's with an important caveat. As a 40 hour game it's a 9. As an 80-100 game it's a sloggy 7.5 tops.

Patryn

Yeah, I remain baffled why they bloated it with so much unneeded content. The previous ME games took 30-40 hours to 100 percent. There was no need to try to craft a 80-100 hour ME game, especially on such a tight schedule.

Sulik2

Yeah, I remain baffled why they bloated it with so much unneeded content. The previous ME games took 30-40 hours to 100 percent. There was no need to try to craft a 80-100 hour ME game, especially on such a tight schedule.

Five years is a tight schedule?

Picking this up today! $20 new at gamestop is a steal for me. I'm pretty excited. I'm a sucker for anything that's big scifi and all the jank I saw makes me want to experience it myself.

Top Bottom