• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Anyone able to take Geforce Experience screenshots on PC whilst HDR is enabled for you? Freezes my game every time, and then I have to reboot the computer even (goes black screen with some music in the background, very eery) - that's the Alt-F1 screenshot tool newly implemented in Geforce Experience.

Screen captures work fine if I turn HDR10 off in the settings, just when it's on it freezes: could be a bug in Geforce Experience though, not the game I guess: have no other HDR games to test it on (this is full screen mode, full screen captures work fine in all my other PC games using the Nvidia screen capture utility).

I did not write down the sliders. Just use the short haired girl as a template. I tweaked her lips a bit fuller, dropped her brows down, cheeks more narrow, grey-blue eyes and a smaller nose. As for makeup, black colored cat looking liner, and light violet eye shadow. Pretty easy to dial her in.
Hmm ok! Thanks! I'll try tomorrow and see what happens.

jdstorm

Banned
time to restart and create my 5th character, really frustrated as they all look so janky. Any tips

Try and optimize the faces that are already there
Not all skin tones work for all character models so you will have to play around with that.
Use a darker tone for the outer iris to help make the eyes look better
Find a how to use makeup guide on the internet if you are unsure how to do it. Good makeup aplication can seemingly fix a lot.

malfcn

That was posted 3 days ago in this bizarre reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/6010ab/no_spoilers_sara_ryder_corrected_face_leaked/, including this gem:

XZ9lf2J.png

It's been a gamergate talking point. I can't find any sources citing this other than gamergaters, so take that as you will.

Looks way better before.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Played a couple hours, up through the first mission (first landing and back to the ship).

Pretty impressed so far, especially after the reviews. Faces aren't great, but I haven't seen any of the terrrible animation from all the GIFs yet. First planet was stunning looking. Combat seems solid.

Story got off to a slow start, but picked up at the end of the intro mission. Look forward to diving in more after work tomorrow (going to drag since I stayed up too late!).

ruimound

Man, just me or is multiplayer pretty hard? Just ran two bronze missions, and failed to extract both times (though the second time I accidentally used a Cobra on an Ascendant when I'd meant to use the health pack... wish I could review controller configuration during the mission, or that the labels made a little more sense to me already).

Had a lot of fun though. Definitely need to find some friends to play with.

the game does a bad job at side missions. By locking some side missions behind
completion of the main mission and coming back a bit later
it means that I give zero fucks to come back and do these fetch quests/go to X Y Z and scan/put item. These are some MMO ass side quests. I ain't doing those especially if it's out of my way when I'm willing to explore the planet.

Enjoying the game, but if you're going to give me these sidequests meant for me to traverse the map, give them to me when I'm willing to go through with it which is when i first arrive for a main mission and explore the planet while I'm at it.

UberLevi

Man, this fucking game guys... I'm 15 hours in so far and it just keeps getting better. Multiplayer is awesome, too. I feel like I can't stay away from either mode for too long.

I don't know about anyone else, but this feels like good old Mass Effect, but with no more clunky gameplay. It looks and feels great and no weirdness yet. Getting sucked into the story as well.
Likewise. I'm loving the game so far and the new smoother combat system. 😎 No regrets, feels like a good ol' Mass Effect.

wig

The game looks beautiful on my PS4 Pro/4k tv. As expected, the dialogue is terrible and the animations are ass. I'm really enjoying the game despite of that. The story has me intrigued and I really like Ryder so far. Good stuff.

JMY86

I just finished up my first main story mission with the
Angara
pretty fun I must say, definitely some hectic fights but the dash and jump jet really make the combat fluid. I am absolutely having a great time so far and I am loving my biotics...

I just finished up my first story mission with the
Angara
pretty fun I must say, definitely some hectic fights but the dash and jump jet really make the combat fluid. I am absolutely having a great time so far and I am loving my biotics...

part of me hopes the jump jet wasn't long press sensitive. I can't think of a reason you don't want to do the long jump vs the small hop, and so often when I'm platforming I just tap the jump button and have to dash back because I only do a hop.

That was posted 3 days ago in this bizarre reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/6010ab/no_spoilers_sara_ryder_corrected_face_leaked/, including this gem:

XZ9lf2J.png

It's been a gamergate talking point. I can't find any sources citing this other than gamergaters, so take that as you will.

Despite the conspiracy theories, that was the result of a bug. The steps involve something like initially playing a custom character and then starting over with a Quick Start Ryder.

Bronze is nuts lmao

If you want any chance at finishing a mission, at least while everyone is still using low level characters and base gear, you need a full team. It's pretty unforgiving. I tried a Silver APEX mission earlier tonight initially by myself and died during the first wave, but some players dropped in towards the end and managed to die as well...while still on the first wave. It seemed like there was no end to the horde.

hbkdx12

I'm assuming it just takes some getting used to but the controls feel a bit...swimmy. It has that weird kind of inertia movement from the likes of GTA V

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
After 16 or so hours (including the trial), my main complaint outside of the (subjectively) clunky dialogue and (less subjective) animation issues is that even some basic enemies feel more bullet-spongey than in previous installments.

Admittedly, I've got level 1/2 Milky Way weapons, but when I'm point blank shotgunning someone and my melee does roughly the same if not more damage, there's an issue either with my spread, or the shotgun not feeling like it does anything.

That, and the 3 power 'hard limit' (at least, without invoking the global cooldown) doesn't really make me want to experiment with different combinations, so far.

I don't know about anyone else, but this feels like good old Mass Effect, but with no more clunky gameplay. It looks and feels great and no weirdness yet. Getting sucked into the story as well.

Dude. It gets even better! I don't understand how the animation and jankiness brought this down for so many people. I'm having a blast.

Chumley

Banned
They need to fix the eyes on both default Ryder models and let you change their hair. Other than that I'm fine with the faces but their fucking eyes are terrible and I hate male Ryder's hair, give me the regular Shepard buzzcut.

Played the trial on PC and bought the game on PS4 Pro to play with friends, awesome game. I just finished my first successful MP mission and it was awesome. It was very challenging but the increased mobility and controls made it very rewarding after I beat it. 😎 This game is amazing! The graphics looks stunning even on my PS4 Pro and compare well with the PC version, only major difference with PC version is the higher framerate from what i can see. Will eventually buy PC version down the road like I did with all previous Mass Effects.

tootie923

Amazon just emailed me the pre-order bonus with the Deep Space Explorer Pack, Nomad Skin, and MP Booster Pack. The disc is coming tomorrow. I think I might wait a couple of weeks before starting the campaign. I'm jumping right into multiplayer though.

valkyre

How is the franerate in ps4 pro? I see that there is no 1080p mode after all and i remember reviewrs speaking about performance issues.

man cdkeys really dropped the ball on this release, having to actually get their support to sort me another key because their system says they sent me one but I have no code, mental.

The link I got from cdkeys.com last week when I pre-ordered still says "This product is a Pre-Order, it will be available here on or slightly before the release date of 23rd March 2017".

Do I need to get in touch with their support too?

pahamrick

How is the franerate in ps4 pro? I see that there is no 1080p mode after all and i remember reviewrs speaking about performance issues.
I'm getting noticeable drops during some cinematic scenes and when there's a lot going on during combat. So far it was most noticeable during combat on Habitat 7 when there were also lightning strikes happening.

Bittercup

The link I got from cdkeys.com last week when I pre-ordered still says "This product is a Pre-Order, it will be available here on or slightly before the release date of 23rd March 2017".

Do I need to get in touch with their support too?
I have the same problem, still no key.
I contacted their support today and just got the reply:
"we are following UK release date on all our products. Pre-order keys are normally delivered a day before the official release date. Moreover, we'll send notifications via email once the product keys are available."
Doesn't really explain why others are getting their keys already and the site even says in stock - instant delivery instead of pre-order. I never had any problems with cdkeys so far but this sucks.

I'm really enjoying myself so far! I find myself spending skill points in all sorts of skills, just because I want to experiment with different combinations.

I have the same problem, still no key.
I contacted their support today and just got the reply:
"we are following UK release date on all our products. Pre-order keys are normally delivered a day before the official release date. Moreover, we'll send notifications via email once the product keys are available."
Doesn't really explain why others are getting their keys already and the site even says in stock - instant delivery instead of pre-order. I never had any problems with cdkeys so far but this sucks.

They've always emailed keys the day before release for me (also UK). I only pre-order games after their reviews are out, so it doesn't happen very often, but I've never had a key from this site super early. Still worth using them for the massive savings though imo.

Top Bottom