• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

Kyoufu

The controls and movement so, so, soooo clunky in multiplayer. It's a constant battle to do what you want to do with offensive abilities.

Why is there no 1080p mode has anyone asked or bioware said anything on the issue?

I'm sure it will happen eventually. There's no way multiple Pro configurations were going to be a priority for them in the final stages of development. Especially with all the issues this game is facing...

Bittercup

They've always emailed keys the day before release for me (also UK). I only pre-order games after their reviews are out, so it doesn't happen very often, but I've never had a key from this site super early. Still worth using them for the massive savings though imo.
Yes, it's just weird that they are sending keys out already. So why can't I get mine, too?

The controls and movement so, so, soooo clunky in multiplayer. It's a constant battle to do what you want to do with offensive abilities.

ME3 co-op had gotten to a point where it feels so good, but dumbass BioWare is over here listening to the people who say that ME1 had good combat.

Ok I'm confused, I hit G to scan but the interface refuses to open. I try holding and tapping the button, nothing works. Is this a glitch, area sensitive mechanic or am I blind?
This is happening on the prologue planet btw.

singo

Neo Member
Ok I'm confused, I hit G to scan but the interface refuses to open. I try holding and tapping the button, nothing works. Is this a glitch, area sensitive mechanic or am I blind?
This is happening on the prologue planet btw.

Are you getting shot at? In combat the G button seems to put away your weapon and then bring it back out, for whatever reason.

Few screenshots I took on the PS4 Pro version using Share Button

C7bSpFSU0AA1em3.jpg:orig

C7bSbS-VwAA0QGP.jpg:orig

C7bSfilVwAIbIWq.jpg:orig

C7bTJwQVAAQMHYX.jpg:orig

C7bS3FnVsAAboeg.jpg:orig

C7bTFxeVwAAs880.jpg:orig

I'm really enjoying the little conversations between squadmates while driving the Nomad around on planets.

[not really a spoiler, but I'll spoiler it just in case]

Jaal: So, why do you wear bones on your armor? Is it a way to show respect to those whom you've bested in combat?

Drack: It scares people. I want people to know that if you piss me off, I'll wear your spine as a hat.

valkyre

I'm getting noticeable drops during some cinematic scenes and when there's a lot going on during combat. So far it was most noticeable during combat on Habitat 7 when there were also lightning strikes happening.

For fuck sake...

I am really trying here... I am really trying to justify purchasing this game...

But it seems Bioware just doesnt want me to...

After everything else, even playing on Pro cant guarantee smooth performance...

SMH really... I mean just add this fucking 1080p mode... how hard can it be? Its already a poorly optimized game all around, just wow...

HariKari

Multiplayer has been really janky so far. Seems like half the matches have terrible hosts. Menus are also annoying as fuck on the PC.

Fishook

As far as I am aware third party websites such as GMG and CD Keys get there EA keys via retail boxes, that's why there often a delay getting pre-orders.

Used both in the past and no problems, but just be aware.

valkyre

it's barely holding 30. on most combat scenarios it's in the 20s. Waiting for a Digital Foundry analysis :D

What a mess... pretty unbelievable that they did not include a simple 1080p mode like they said they would.

Oh and in case someone in Bioware is reading this, please dont add "extra graphical features" if you cant hold a smooth 30 fps performance...

wig

You can't save everywhere?

Nope. During missions, there's checkpoints that will auto save. The save game option in the menu is blacked out. I've been playing for 2 hours now and have still not had the option to manually save (I'm still on the first planet). It really ruins my desire to explore because I don't know if my progress will save or not once I shut off my console.

What a mess... pretty unbelievable that they did not include a simple 1080p mode like they said they would.

Oh and in case someone in Bioware is reading this, please dont add "extra graphical features" if you cant hold a smooth 30 fps performance...

well i am happy that they added a Chromatic aberration toggle, that shit is just disgusting and the use of the effect should be mandatorily banned :D

Plasma

Banned
Is there anywhere that you can store weapons/mods you don't want taking up inventory slots?

Where can I find the pre-order and deluxe edition weapons and armor?

In the pathfinder's cabin on the tempest there is a special requisitions console you can interact with to pick up all of that stuff.

jryeje29

Multiplayer has been really janky so far. Seems like half the matches have terrible hosts. Menus are also annoying as fuck on the PC.

This is my only complaint about the game so far, EA why could you just use dedicated servers like on your other big franchises. The connections are so bad sometimes. It makes me never want to use quickmatch and always just host my own game, which takes forever to get a full group in.

nOoblet16

They need to fix the eyes on both default Ryder models and let you change their hair. Other than that I'm fine with the faces but their fucking eyes are terrible and I hate male Ryder's hair, give me the regular Shepard buzzcut.
I also think darker eyes on Sara would look much better. I've played the game for about 17-18 hours now including the trial and honestly the faces look fine more often than not the start of the game is definitely the worst of it. And the actual body animations during gameplay they are procedural and as such bugs where the body moves in a way it's a not suppose to will show up now and then but generally it's fine again.

I was at first not a fan of Cora. But she has grown on me. As far as seconds in commands who get shafted go, she
takes it very well

Maybe I will romance her. It's vanilla as fuck in this game. But it's the games fault for not having a hot hanar romance.

Sanctuary

I have the same problem, still no key.
I contacted their support today and just got the reply:
"we are following UK release date on all our products. Pre-order keys are normally delivered a day before the official release date. Moreover, we'll send notifications via email once the product keys are available."
Doesn't really explain why others are getting their keys already and the site even says in stock - instant delivery instead of pre-order. I never had any problems with cdkeys so far but this sucks.

Greenmangaming is doing the same thing. Although with them, they said "within 48 hours of the release date", which means March 23rd or up to 48 hours after since they also said they aren't releasing them until the UK release date. I want to play the game, but I think it might actually be better to wait a few weeks to see if any new patches are on the horizon first.

Un4

How is the franerate in ps4 pro? I see that there is no 1080p mode after all and i remember reviewrs speaking about performance issues.

There is no 1080p mode? What the hell Bioware.

I'm a huge ME fan and planning to get the game at day one (EU) but so far everything is telling me to wait until they fix this shit..

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
There is no 1080p mode? What the hell Bioware.

I'm a huge ME fan and planning to get the game at day one (EU) but so far everything is telling me to wait until they fix this shit..

If there's no 1080p mode now, there won't ever be

jdstorm

Banned
I was at first not a fan of Cora. But she has grown on me. As far as seconds in commands who get shafted go, she
takes it very well

Maybe I will romance her. It's vanilla as fuck in this game. But it's the games fault for not having a hot hanar romance.

Not sure if that was intentional but i laughed.

JoeBoy101

takes it very well

Not sure if you have seen the video of her sex scene, but the ass was phat.

OT: Game's overall plot is still interesting and love the combat. But man, some of the dialogue is like an anchor around the game's neck.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
And we're off. Starting afresh with a new Ryder from the trial, playing slow and taking my time. Pretty happy how my character turned out.

masseffectandromeda_26vym8.png

The writing is so bad, particularly the dialogue interaction - I never thought I'd play a game with this sort of budget that does it worse than Fallout 4 which is funny since Bethesda made Fallout 4 so bad in this area because it went the Bioware route.

So many of the dialogue choices themselves are really bad too (falls into the area of writing), so many of the responses are so disconnected and meaningless that it feels like they would only write that dialogue interaction in one particular direction and just quickly filled the rest with complete nonsense.

Also it seems a planet only uses a very limited amount of creatures throughout it (3-4 of the same models? rest are just reskins), at least Inquisition had variety in its areas.

The issue of animations and graphical quality is the least concern to me when the writing has been the weakest of any Bioware game, let alone as a game in general. Quite a lot of reviews mentioned this too.

Alienfan

Wow, this dialogue from the Gamespot review. I can`t believe that this is Mass Effect.

https://youtu.be/g9f1UH6Udpw?t=3m40s

Yeah, they've gone for this more chatty, natural, lighter tone with the dialogue. It works 80% of the time. When it doesn't work it's just awkward, and sounds like voice actors in separate booths phoning it in. Overall, it's acceptable and I still think the male Ryder is much better than male Shepard.

Top Bottom