• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda PC Performance Thread

sgs2008

getting really weird performance with my titan x pascals in sli. 4k ultra no aa the game will drop to 45 fps but my gpus max out at about 65% usage each. Ive seen vids of 1080tis getting much more fps it seems that their gpu usage is about 90%. Not sure whats going on.

Taggen86

I cannot get DV to work anymore using the latest nvidia driver, windows version and mass effect patch (1.09). Has Bioware disabled DV again? If not, how do you activate it now?

dsk1210

I cannot get DV to work anymore using the latest nvidia driver, windows version and mass effect patch (1.09). Has Bioware disabled DV again? If not, how do you activate it now?

HDR has been a bit of a clusterfuck since Microsoft enabled it at OS level, worked fine before, used it on mass effect and shadow warrior 2 before Microsoft enabled it on the OS and now it's fucked.

DV has only ever worked right for me on 378.92

It will activate without turning pink in one of the newer versions (I forget which) but it doesn't transmit BT2020 colorspace information so it doesn't look right.

378.92 is the only version where it works properly for me. With that version, Windows 10's HDR controls don't work and it'll still use the nvidia API version. Personally I'm just going to use that driver version until I'm done with Mass Effect.

Taggen86

In contrast to HDR10, dolby vision actually worked fine using the latest nvidia driver and the creators update before the mass effect patch. But now nothing works and 378.92/HDR10 seems to be the only alternative. I do not think DV works using that driver either anymore, but I havent played around with it to know if there are ways to get it working. Please let me know if it is working on that driver and I will downgrade to it asap

DV has only ever worked right for me on 378.92

It will activate without turning pink in one of the newer versions (I forget which) but it doesn't transmit BT2020 colorspace information so it doesn't look right.

378.92 is the only version where it works properly for me. With that version, Windows 10's HDR controls don't work and it'll still use the nvidia API version. Personally I'm just going to use that driver version until I'm done with Mass Effect.

In contrast to HDR10, dolby vision actually worked fine using the latest nvidia driver and the creators update before the mass effect patch. But now nothing works and 378.92/HDR10 seems to be the only alternative. I do not think DV works using that driver either anymore, but I havent played around with it to know if there are ways to get it working. Please let me know if it is working on that driver and I will downgrade to it asap

I use 378.92, set desktop to 8bpc and full RGB.

I run mass effect: andromeda @ 1080p 60hz (my desktop is still set to 4K). When it starts I see "Dolby Vision" pop up, I bring up the signal information screen and it says 1080p BT2020 Dolby Vision

DV Working 378.92 said:
Ej6ZYJO.jpg

using a LG OLED B6

Taggen86

Thanks it worked fine. btw, limited RGB also works for both HDR10 and DV

I use 378.92, set desktop to 8bpc and full RGB.

I run mass effect: andromeda @ 1080p 60hz (my desktop is still set to 4K). When it starts I see "Dolby Vision" pop up, I bring up the signal information screen and it says 1080p BT2020 Dolby Vision

using a LG OLED B6

Wag

I couldn't get HDR10 to work on my Samsung at all with this and my 1080Ti, latest Nvidia drivers. I give up.

Thanks it worked fine. btw, limited RGB also works for both HDR10 and DV

I don't think what you set the desktop to actually matters, I just leave it on full so everything else looks right. If I bump up the bpc when using dolby vision (like to 12 bpc) my tv gives me invalid format error after I exit the game.

Glad it works for you!

Zojirushi

My framerate is all over the place (Eos surface right now) in definitely non GPU limited scenarios (put the resolution scaling way down to test it out).

I suspect my CPU but that's not near 100% usage either.

What's going on?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
My framerate is all over the place (Eos surface right now) in definitely non GP limited scenarios (put the resolution scaling way down to test it out).

I suspect my CPU but that's not near 100% usage either.

What's going on?

Can anyone answer that without knowing your system specs?

Zojirushi

Can anyone answer that without knowing your system specs?

It's a 980Ti and a 3570k but does that matter if I already said that usage of those components apparently isn't really a bottleneck (according to RTSS)? RAM usage should be fine too.

What I noticed is that when I specifically drop shadows to low (which looks hideous) I get quite the framrate improvement although GPU/CPU usage doesn't really change significantly.

Melubas

Anyone had any luck with getting HDR to work with the new fall creator's update? It still doesn't work for me.

PS: What is the correct way to roll back to the 378.92 driver? Whenever I uninstall the current driver and restart computer it gets reinstalled automatically.

Taggen86

Just install the old driver and it should work

Anyone had any luck with getting HDR to work with the new fall creator's update? It still doesn't work for me.

PS: What is the correct way to roll back to the 378.92 driver? Whenever I uninstall the current driver and restart computer it gets reinstalled automatically.

Melubas

Just install the old driver and it should work

I can't do that, windows 10 automatically reverts back to the 385.something driver no matter what I do. Been troubleshooting for days trying to fix it (removed stored drivers, took it out of the auto-update driver on startup queue, etc) but it's apparently a known problem.

Top Bottom