• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Fans Donate $80,000 to Charity to Help Change the Ending of Mass Effect 3

That's a pretty dumb strawman. I mean, it's clearly not true, necessarily, but are you trying to infer that the opposite it thus somehow true? Because that's not a statement that can be made, either.

It was obviously an exaggeration, but there are people out there trying to insinuate that the small number of people complaining about this implies that the rest of the people who have remained silent on the issue are fine with it.

I mean, actual people who write about video games for a living have implied this.

Replicant

Yet it still shows how different the forum concensus can be from the real thing. Also, don't take this forum's polls too seriously: you don't make an elections survey in a protest where everyone is criticizing Obama, you might get your results altered.

You are so pathetic. Now that numbers are no longer on your side, you're back to the whole "don't trust the numbers" BS. Speaking of which, the only people who can vote on that poll are BSN members, whose account are tied to their EA/Origin account. No multiple votes there. And just like that, there goes your argument.

I do hope this is gamers taking that to heart. These companies aren't your friends. They are selling a product. If you aren't satisfied with it, you should be able to voice your displeasure or even demand changes or a refund like all other products. Especially when said product has been advertised one way (your choice matters, will influence the next game in the series and ending) and it simply (from what I'm understanding) doesn't. It's an not what was promised or advertise. People should speak up. The gaming industry gets away with a lot of shit that wouldn't fly in other industries.

The negative reaction from the gaming sites I think was explained earlier. They are protecting the scores and overall praise they gave the game. If vocal group gets more attention with their displeasure of the game/product it calls those scores and praise into question. It shines an unwelcome light on how the gaming media (especially the large sites) actually conducts themselves. Which is actually quite poorly, non-objective, and filled with conflicts of interest.

DING! DING! DING!

Just because a few people are willing to accept to get fucked by companies, it doesn't mean you have to. If you don't like something, you need to talk about it and the louder you are, the better it'll be. Because as you can see here, the media/companies are not going to be nice to you. So why should you be nice to them? Hit them hard and hit them where it counts the most. Ignore what they say. Unlike them, you have nothing to lose. While they have all their money and reputation to lose.

And yes, mass media never like it when the public have their own voice. This is exactly why they tend to belittle small blogs with no affiliation to any major companies because these little blogs can say whatever they want to say about those companies. And they are afraid when the public finally have their own way to produce the contents that they want to see/hear/listen without the agenda of a small few.

Lancehead

Goodness, this saga is getting even more ridiculous. Good for Child's Play, though.

Wonder if BioWare will hasten DA3 development and release, to regain some of the lost reputation. Although, a rushed DA2 proved a big mistake to them.

Because the person I quoted talked about shitting on fans/franchise etc.

I'd say Star Wars had a good thing going up until the 90's. The original trilogy, the books, the games, the lore, was all fantastic and a lot of people were heavily involved.

The new trilogy not only introduced a series of gaping plot holes, but dumbed down and stained the franchise.

Is that not a bit similar to the way people feel about the ending of ME3?

I wonder how many people who have asked Bioware to stick to their original vision of ME or whatever flipped out when George Lucas edited Star Wars in 1997 to meet his "original vision." Of course I'll admit Lucas is a poor example since he seems to have a hundred different takes on "original vision."

I will agree that it is an unusual circumstance to raise money for charity, but... these people raised money for charity. You may think they're entitled, but while fan rage is typically a lot of heated bickering that blows up into nothingness, someone decided to actively do something to get Bioware's attention. Even if you disagree with the consequences, this is a great thing they're doing.

And "game journalists" absolutely dismissing that after how many times they've written pointless scathing editorials about the very people they need clicks from to stay alive when they have finally put their money where their mouths are says enough about them beyond the fact that they exist to please the publisher and not inform the reader.

Cagey

Banned
Goodness, this saga is getting even more ridiculous. Good for Child's Play, though.

Wonder if BioWare will hasten DA3 development and release, to regain some of the lost reputation. Although, a rushed DA2 proved a big mistake to them.

As did a rushed ME3.

Has BioWare officially commented on this yet?

not sure if it counts as 'official', but:

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/21/4108/

To Mass Effect 3 players, from Dr. Ray Muzyka, co-founder of BioWare

As co-founder and GM of BioWare, I’m very proud of the ME3 team; I personally believe Mass Effect 3 is the best work we’ve yet created. So, it’s incredibly painful to receive feedback from our core fans that the game’s endings were not up to their expectations. Our first instinct is to defend our work and point to the high ratings offered by critics – but out of respect to our fans, we need to accept the criticism and feedback with humility.

I believe passionately that games are an art form, and that the power of our medium flows from our audience, who are deeply involved in how the story unfolds, and who have the uncontested right to provide constructive criticism. At the same time, I also believe in and support the artistic choices made by the development team. The team and I have been thinking hard about how to best address the comments on ME3’s endings from players, while still maintaining the artistic integrity of the game.

Mass Effect 3 concludes a trilogy with so much player control and ownership of the story that it was hard for us to predict the range of emotions players would feel when they finished playing through it. The journey you undertake in Mass Effect provokes an intense range of highly personal emotions in the player; even so, the passionate reaction of some of our most loyal players to the current endings in Mass Effect 3 is something that has genuinely surprised us. This is an issue we care about deeply, and we will respond to it in a fair and timely way. We’re already working hard to do that.

To that end, since the game launched, the team has been poring over everything they can find about reactions to the game – industry press, forums, Facebook, and Twitter, just to name a few. The Mass Effect team, like other teams across the BioWare Label within EA, consists of passionate people who work hard for the love of creating experiences that excite and delight our fans. I’m honored to work with them because they have the courage and strength to respond to constructive feedback.

Building on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey. You’ll hear more on this in April. We’re working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we’ve received. This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue.

The reaction to the release of Mass Effect 3 has been unprecedented. On one hand, some of our loyal fans are passionately expressing their displeasure about how their game concluded; we care about this feedback, and we’re planning to directly address it. However, most folks appear to agree that the game as a whole is exceptional, with more than 75 critics giving it a perfect review score and a review average in the mid-90s. Net, I’m proud of the team, but we can and must always strive to do better.

Some of the criticism that has been delivered in the heat of passion by our most ardent fans, even if founded on valid principles, such as seeking more clarity to questions or looking for more closure, for example – has unfortunately become destructive rather than constructive. We listen and will respond to constructive criticism, but much as we will not tolerate individual attacks on our team members, we will not support or respond to destructive commentary.

If you are a Mass Effect fan and have input for the team – we respect your opinion and want to hear it. We’re committed to address your constructive feedback as best we can. In return, I’d ask that you help us do that by supporting what I truly believe is the best game BioWare has yet crafted. I urge you to do your own research: play the game, finish it and tell us what you think. Tell your friends if you feel it’s a good game as a whole. Trust that we are doing our damndest, as always, to address your feedback. As artists, we care about our fans deeply and we appreciate your support.

Thank you for your feedback – we are listening.

Ray

Safe to say it wasn't exactly what people were hoping for, but this is where the 'Bioware is changing the ending- confirmed' thing comes from.

Which is not what he's saying at all, as he simply states that there will be 'clarification'. So basically DLC without changing much about the actual ending.

edit: and the appeal to the metacritic rating is unfortunately a sign of just how batshit insane this industry has gotten. You might as well point at your own PR department and ask "what the hell went wrong?", which you would never know, since nobody gave an actual honest opinion.

obonicus

They have the right to a certain level of quality. That's what you expect in a product. The ME3 ending does not meet that "standard" so people are reacting in a negative way.

What standard of quality is that? I didn't see any such quality issues regarding the ending. It was bad, but that's more a matter of taste than underlying quality. In fact, I'd say that the quality of the game was generally good. Could it be better? Sure, but that in itself doesn't indicate that the quality was below some bar of acceptability.

Trying to breakdown a game's quality that way also hurts anyone who favors the 'games as art' interpretation, so I'm surprised I've seen it repeated on this forum so often.

Coulda fooled me :p

Nah, I get what you're saying, but at the same time even if you included every person that's on the internet vocalizing something about this that wouldn't really be an accurate assessment of the collective opinion. There are plenty of people that don't follow gaming on the internet, but play it enough on their own. There are people that might follow it but really don't care enough to vocalize their opinion. There might be those fearful of vocalizing how they feel, because of the hive mind that places like these tend to devolve into.

And statistics say that these non-vocal people will likely break down very similarly to everyone else.

Coulda fooled me :p

Nah, I get what you're saying, but at the same time even if you included every person that's on the internet vocalizing something about this that wouldn't really be an accurate assessment of the collective opinion. There are plenty of people that don't follow gaming on the internet, but play it enough on their own. There are people that might follow it but really don't care enough to vocalize their opinion. There might be those fearful of vocalizing how they feel, because of the hive mind that places like these tend to devolve into.

All true, especially, the last point, which is really unfortunate, everyone has a right to an opinion and not to be called names for having said opinion. I guess the crux of the debate would come down too, if internet posting or more particularly posting on a gaming forum predisposes you to having an opinion on the ending of the game. I personally think that it wouldn't but I digress I could be wrong.

Instead, it comes from the fact that the forum is supposed to be a gigantic lovefest from the company's biggest fanbois, cheerleaders, devotees, etc.

On the flip side, you have the ones that send BioWare death threats and call for them to be fired in every post.

Yeah, BSN is full of only two kinds of people, and it's nowhere near a good place to get information.

After the double combo of DA2 and ME3 ending, how many people are going to rush in for DA3?

DA3 is going to be a make or break for a lot of people, including me.

Moaradin

After the double combo of DA2 and ME3 ending, how many people are going to rush in for DA3?

If anything, ME3 proved that Bioware can still make amazing games. The ending is just a disaster created by one person, and approved by Casey Hudson.

Kunan

I take neither side in this, but people have the right to be upset. Most of the comments from the sites betray the very obvious fact that they are way too friendly with developers. The way they sound on podcasts, it sounds like people are attacking their best friends and/or mommas.

I don't think they should change the ending but, from the main arguments, it sounds like a sort of epilogue style expansion would solve a lot of peoples' problems. I think that's fair to ask, and honestly it gives Bioware ideas for DLC so works for them too.

daoster

HAhaa that Destructoid article.

And as for the "silent majority" and "vocal minority..." the vocal minority are probably the biggest Bioware fans...These are the hardcore fans...the most loyal customers for a business. As a business, they want to keep this group somewhat happy (or unable to coalesce as they've already done). The Pareto Principle probably in full effect.

And I don't get this argument about, "how the internet will always find a way to complain...about anything" that's true, but I don't remember the last time I saw enough people complain about one SINGLE thing in a game to the point that it's garner national attention and raised $80,000 for a charity.

To these people, they feel legitimately and honestly screwed over by a crappy ending.

Dresden

If anything, ME3 proved that Bioware can still make amazing games. The ending is just a disaster created by one person, and approved by Casey Hudson.

Still, the ending (and the handling of it + the obvious lack of certain elements in the game proper) makes me much less inclined to consider any further Bioware games. I bought ME3 day one, preorder; I don't think I'll ever do that for another Bioware game.

Ultimately, all we can gauge reaction is by the people willing to speak publicly about how they feel about it.

And based on what we've seen, there are a significant number who do not.

That, in the end, is all that likely matters to Bioware. It's not like they're completely going to change how they deal with this if that poll goes a few more points to the positive.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I meant commented on the charity donations specifically, my bad I wasn't clear enough. Guess they haven't.

Shepard

You are so pathetic. Now that numbers are no longer on your side, you're back to the whole "don't trust the numbers" BS. Speaking of which, the only people who can vote on that poll are BSN members, whose account are tied to their EA/Origin account. No multiple votes there. And just like that, there goes your argum

I'm not desperate to the point of being aggressive, but I wouldn't count 60k forum users as "numbers to your side" or "the representative of people opinions". I don't know if you cared enough to read all my posts or just randomly started to rage over one of them but, that was the whole point I was trying to make: with the numbers you have you can't make any claim, specially if you take in fact the places that you're gathering that data. If you're so positive this is the universal opinion, go ahead, make a donation to charity and beg for Bioware to change the ending, I'll just chill out and play another game.

Replicant

I'm not desperate to the point of being aggressive, but I wouldn't count 60k forum users as "numbers to your side" or "the representative of people opinions". I don't know if you cared enough to read all my posts or just randomly started to rage over one of them but, that was the whole point I was trying to make: with the numbers you have you can't make any claim, specially if you take in fact the places that you're gathering that data. If you're so positive this is the universal opinion, go ahead, make a donation to charity and beg for Bioware to change the ending, I'll just chill out and ppay another game.

Oh, I read all of your post and I think you are pathetic. 60K numbers is not a small numbers by any mean. You can downplay it by saying it's on BSN or that crap but the numbers will still be the same. I don't care about donation but I will demand the ending and if you are going to insult me and others who do so, don't expect me not to return the favor to you.

If you are playing other game, why are you still here?

Kunan

I find it funny that writers are getting free passes from the media, considering their complete willingness to tear apart games for art styles and mechanics they don't like (aka what everyone else in the team does). They only give a shit about the top level designers.

How dare people be upset with an aspect of a game.

MechaX

I find it funny that writers are getting free passes from the media, considering their complete willingness to tear apart games for art styles and mechanics they don't like (aka what everyone else in the team does).

On that general subject, I think the "art!" argument is what worries me the most. Is the gaming media really comfortable with the ME3 ending being a bastion for video game art, especially when knowing how alarmingly vulnerable the ending is under factual and lore scrutiny? Fuck, you might as well just give the "games will never be art" crowd a loaded gun if this is the kind of quality the media is willing to defend.

I'm not desperate to the point of being aggressive, but I wouldn't count 60k forum users as "numbers to your side" or "the representative of people opinions". I don't know if you cared enough to read all my posts or just randomly started to rage over one of them but, that was the whole point I was trying to make: with the numbers you have you can't make any claim, specially if you take in fact the places that you're gathering that data. If you're so positive this is the universal opinion, go ahead, make a donation to charity and beg for Bioware to change the ending, I'll just chill out and play another game.

dude, getting 60k votes from a non-specific range of individuals is always going to be a 'surprisingly big number'. We can discuss its origin, or perhaps whether some people are just fooling around, but 60k is a number worth investigating regardless of circumstance.

rozay

Banned
It's also a good indicator of the direction Bioware is taking their games, while I enjoyed the ride, I'm well aware how much more streamlined the game has become even in comparison to ME2 (obviously not talking about the combat systems here, moreso the dialogue and sidequests, or lack of)

That plus the ending and their responses to this issue and their fanbase in general means I won't be purchasing their games anymore.

Oh, I read all of your post and I think you are pathetic. 60K numbers is not a small numbers by any mean. You can downplay it by saying it's on BSN or that crap but the numbers will still be the same. I don't care about donation but I will demand the ending and if you are going to insult me and others who do so, don't expect me not to return the favor to you.

Are you saying he is pathetic or that his opinion is pathetic?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man

I hope they don't release DA3 for three or four more years. Maybe they'll give it the attention it deserves.

C-C-C-Combo breaker?

DA2: Broke my spirit and my soul. An entry title to depression.
ME3: My German shepard is dead! The depression begins.
DA3: . . .

I don't want to think about it. :|

Shepard

Well, nice. If you think so, I won't try to prove you wrong or anything. Just don't try to give the idea that I insulted you, in fact, I believe this is the second time I'm adressing to you in this thread, and the first was responding to your insult.

Replicant

Are you saying he is pathetic or that his opinion is pathetic?

Both. And I'm amused that those who claim that they don't care or not being aggressive are actually the ones who posted the most in this thread:

8Y4wD.png

Hypocrite much?

Well, nice. If you think so, I won't try to prove you wrong or anything. Just don't try to give the idea that I insulted you, in fact, I believe this is the second time I'm adressing to you in this thread, and the first was responding to your insult.

You've been going on and on about how those who want the ending are minority and just entitled and now you want to back away from it?

Shepard said:
You can tell me about thousands of "internet fans" "raging" about the ending and, without discounting the fact that the same user can have an account in all of the services you cited, it's still the "great" minority of those who bought the game.

legend166

I'm sure the ending is terrible, because it's a Bioware game, but this is so weird. If you don't like a piece of entertainment, what you do is remember that and use that when deciding whether or not to purchase the next piece of entertainment from the same people.

I played about 2/3rds of the way through Mass Effect 2 and gave up because I thought the game sucked donkey balls. So I didn't and won't buy Mass Effect 3.

You have every right to complain about something crappy, but actively petitioning the creators to change it is so weird. It's not a bug or a broken feature. It seems like they just made a crappy ending. Whinge, remember that Bioware sucks, and move on.

obonicus

dude, getting 60k votes from a non-specific range of individuals is always going to be a 'surprisingly big number'. We can discuss its origin, or perhaps whether some people are just fooling around, but 60k is a number worth investigating regardless of circumstance.

Is it a really a non-specific range of individuals? Selection bias applies, in spades -- you can't extrapolate the results to anything beyond the poll itself. On the other hand, the person that said that you might want to listen to these people because they may represent their most hardcore fanbase is more correct, I feel.

Still, in all honesty I don't think Bioware/EA cares at all about those 60k vocal fans. Them buying the game is nice, but they want a vastly larger audience. Those guys just don't cut it.

Try to not be a hypocrite. Wait, didn't you say you have other games to play?

Your contribution to this thread so far has been ad-hominems.

Replicant, calm down man. You have been pretty chill in the other thread.

We argued with Shepard dozens of pages ago. Obviously he thinks differently about the ending and about statistics. His understanding of statistics is more troubling, but it is not worth being hostile or getting banned.

Is it a really a non-specific range of individuals? Selection bias applies, in spades -- you can't extrapolate the results to anything beyond the poll itself. On the other hand, the person that said that you might want to listen to these people because they may represent their most hardcore fanbase is more correct, I feel.

Still, in all honesty I don't think Bioware/EA cares at all about those 60k vocal fans. Them buying the game is nice, but they want a vastly larger audience. Those guys just don't cut it.

Your contribution to this thread so far has been ad-hominems.

Bioware Social Network is usually the biggest ass kissers in the world. The fact that they have enormous problems with it is telling. What works against the polling data more than anything, in my opinion, is that Bioware is targeting casuals, who are less likely to vote. They are less likely to be as invested in the series (and buy the merch, which Bioware obviously cares about, but that is another issue). They are also less likely to finish the game.

Almighty

I like how people defend the artistic integrity of Bioware while themselves clearly show they don't care. Cutting an important character from the ME 3 base game and making it as a 10$ DLC? No problem for them.

Dragon Age Origins Spoiler
Retconning the story of DAO so that even if you are dead you can import a save in DAO Awakening and be magically alive for no reason? No Problem.

As someone said on Twitter...

Changing your art because your heavily invested fans request it? LACKS INTEGRITY.

Changing your art because your bosses or company want to make it more profitable? INTEGRITY.

These about sum up my thoughts on this.

Personally the whole artistic integrity argument cracks me up. Like I am supposed to believe ME3 or the vast majority of games for that matter are pure artistic expression or something. That they are sacred and it is blasphemy to even talk about changing them. That a big commercial product like ME3 wasn't changed in anyway based on what marketing, focus groups, etc wanted. Please.

Maybe if this game was made in a basement by 3 people exactly how they wanted it the artistic integrity argument might hold water for me.

For the record I hated the ending loathed it in fact, but I don't care one way or the other if they change it. For me the damage is already done and anything Bioware can do won't change that. I just find some of the arguments why Bioware shouldn't change the ending in anyway humorous.

MechaX

You have every right to complain about something crappy, but actively petitioning the creators to change it is so weird. It's not a bug or a broken feature. It seems like they just made a crappy ending. Whinge, remember that Bioware sucks, and move on.

With the gaming industry, it's... problematic.

You get a combination of people wanting to give the dev in question the benefit of the doubt next-time, the gaming media gets caught in promoting a hype machine for the game (especially if a company with some big muscle is behind it), the gaming public is caught up in the "maybe this time, it will be different!", and at the end of the day, either the company succeeds to ail their concerns or we have a Sonic Cycle starting all over again even despite the media's overhyping, disc-locked content, day 1 DLC, or gamestop preorder deals.

Alternatively, with a series like ME, a lot of people probably don't want to think about the "next time" and want an immediate fix.

DTKT

What standard of quality is that? I didn't see any such quality issues regarding the ending. It was bad, but that's more a matter of taste than underlying quality. In fact, I'd say that the quality of the game was generally good. Could it be better? Sure, but that in itself doesn't indicate that the quality was below some bar of acceptability.

Trying to breakdown a game's quality that way also hurts anyone who favors the 'games as art' interpretation, so I'm surprised I've seen it repeated on this forum so often.

Unfortunately, there is no such things as one single opinion when you "rate" entertainment.

I suggest we leave it at that, you feel that the ending is "okay". Enough to provide a satisfying conclusion to your experience. I don't.

And that's the beauty of two different individuals. :)

Still, we both have the right to our opinion/perceptions but we can't label the other as less "valid".

Shepard

Try to not be a hypocrite. Wait, didn't you say you have other games to play?

No, I said that I'll be playing other games while you'll still be begging for bioware to change the end. And besides, I never said I didn't care for what you think: I find this kind of thinking and actions prejudicial for the industry, and that's why I have so many posts here. If you're trying to get into a discussion, take your time to read and comprehend what was already discussed instead of just storming in without making any sense.

Gartooth

OK, this is why I need to read more before opening my mouth. After researching more, I'm actually against the fans on this one. Manipulating a charity like this isn't right, and donating just for the sake of getting a new Mass Effect 3 ending, instead of for the benefit of others is immoral. I can now sympathize with why Child's Play refuses to take any more donations.

Kunan

I find it interesting that the press say people are entitled for demanding the ending be changed for ME3, saying the press themselves are different in that they don't ask companies to change games that are reviewed.

At this very moment, the gaming press is clamoring that Kid Icarus should have its controls changed. They may not be to their liking, but is this not the same as clamoring for ME3s ending to change? If it is truly about defending those, like myself, who make games for years, then why do only the writers get this special treatment? Could it not be argued that the developers of Kid Icarus spent years coming up with the control scheme they thought was best?

They are not vigilantes. They merely care about those they speak to in person.

vocab

I hope bioware takes that money to create a 3 hour final expansion, and creates a Tomino Kill em all Style ending just to say fuck you to the fans.

Do it Bioware Do it.

obonicus

I suggest we leave it at that, you feel that the ending was not "okay" enough to provide a satisfying conclusion to your experience. I don't.

I don't think it was satisfying at all (new ending or not, I'm done with Mass Effect 3), but I wouldn't rate that as a quality problem. Especially because there are people who apparently enjoyed it. That to me says it's more a matter of taste -- this ending wasn't for me, and that's fine. Not everything has to be for me.

I find it both kind of funny and sad that one of the only outlets covering this debacle from the consumer side of things is a Forbes' gaming blog. Literally other major gaming outlet is just acting as if fans are in the wrong on this one with not one sympathetic voice out there for the consumer. Day 1 DLC, Street Fighter's On Disc DLC, this ending debacle.

This would be like if Home and Garden Magazine exposed to baseball steroid scandal while all the rest of sports media ignored it.

Replicant

No, I said that I'll be playing other games while you'll still be begging for bioware to change the end. And besides, I never said I didn't care for what you think: I find this kind of thinking and actions prejudicial for the industry, and that's why I have so many posts here. If you're trying to get into a discussion, take your time to read and comprehend what was already discussed instead of just storming in without making any sense.

I think this is something that is long needed for the industry. They think they can get away with doing whatever they want (DLC, botched gameplay, messed-up plot) and get away with it. Now the fans finally say that they can't. And it exploded right in the company's face. For gaming press and for people like you to belittle these fans, is counter-productive. The gaming press is not surprising because they get paid by the company to give good reviews so they have to protect their reputation.

The industry set a high price for games and start monetizing every little things. When this happens, they should expect people to put HIGHER expectations on their products. And when said expectations are not met, there'll be anger and demands that they get their money worth. It's not entitlement. It's basic consumer right to get what they've paid for.

Dresden

I hope bioware takes that money to create a 3 hour final expansion, and creates a Tomino Kill em all Style ending just to say fuck you to the fans.

Do it Bioware Do it.

It'd be more satisfying than the shit we got.

And no, I personally won't be paying for an ending DLC. Free or Bioware is forever dead to me.

I don't think it was satisfying at all (new ending or not, I'm done with Mass Effect 3), but I wouldn't rate that as a quality problem. Especially because there are people who apparently enjoyed it. That to me says it's more a matter of taste -- this ending wasn't for me, and that's fine. Not everything has to be for me.

There are huge objective flaws in the ending, aside from being poor storytelling.

Regardless, it is a matter of taste whether you like anything, regardless of what may be wrong with it. Denying a quality problem is something I can't understand, however.

Trakdown

Do it Bioware Do it.

I hope they just keep the original ending and add a Bollywood dance number.

Shepard

I think this is something that is long needed for the industry. They think they can get away with doing whatever they want (DLC, botched gameplay, messed-up plot) and get away with it. Now the fans finally say that they can't. For gaming press and for people like you to belittle these fans, is counter-productive. The industry set a high price for games and start monetizing every little things. When this happens, they should expect people to put HIGHER expectations on their products. And when said expectations are not met, there'll be anger and demands that they get their money worth. It's not entitlement. It's basic consumer right to get what they've paid for.

Finally you made a point, and I understand but disagree with it. Different opinions, I guess.

Both. And I'm amused that those who claim that they don't care or not being aggressive are actually the ones who posted the most in this thread:

8Y4wD.png

There's kind of a difference between not caring and having a different opinion. If you think those are the same thing...

You're incredibly rude. lol

Top Bottom