• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Trilogy listed by unreliable Chilean Retailer - get it PRONTO

Ah, that makes sense when you put it that way.
I always thought that since all games are kinda programmed on PCs that there is some kind of console-module-thing (I have no idea about programming) that they put on top of the game once it's finished. Like the way that Unreal/Unity engine is possible across all sorts of consoles.
You're saying that most games used engines which only work on specific hardware. Too bad, as the PS2 shooter Black would totally fit in the ps360. It seems so out of place on the ps2.

thehunter1320

Neo Member
I'm afraid this won't turn out to be true because of EA's mandate to use Frostbite for all future projects. If they want a quick turnaround on this, they'd have to use Unreal and pay Epic for licensing fees. Wasn't ones of the reasons they moved to all-Frostbite so they could avoid paying those? And it probably doesn't make sense resource-wise to port to Frostbite. Regardless, fingers crossed for some sort of E3 reveal.

I have the trilogy for PS3. 2 separate copies of ME1 (Physical/Steam), 3 separate copies of ME2 (Physical/Steam/Origin) and ME3, and I'm still tempted...

I need help. EatChildren pls.

As someone who only played through ME2 and ME3 (and only once each at that), I would probably totally buy this. But not on day one, and only if it included all the DLC for all three games.

Cheech

It did just occur to me that one of the reasons they may be doing this is to allow Xbone/PS4 ME3 saves to transfer to ME4, thereby encouraging sales of the Trilogy pack to people who are very anal about such things.

That would be SO EA of them.

flkraven

It did just occur to me that one of the reasons they may be doing this is to allow Xbone/PS4 ME3 saves to transfer to ME4, thereby encouraging sales of the Trilogy pack to people who are very anal about such things.

That would be SO EA of them.

And if they did this....I would be one of the suckers that would buy the trilogy :( . Heck, I'd buy it regardless.

Please re-release. Never played it last gen. Will buy.

Throw this on the list:
- Fallout 3: GOTG (Game of the generation) edition, bumped up resolution + all DLC
- Fallout NV: GOTG2 edition.

I'd buy em instantly.

Doran902

Would buy for ps4, I wanted to replay these games but I didn't remember Mass Effect 1's performance to be as bad as it is on Xbox 360. Game chugs and loads and chugs and loads and framerate drops like it aint got time for nothing else.

Bizzquik

I'm really curious as to the potential media timeline on this, if true.

Announcement soon, show gameplay at E3, then release during the typically dead summer months (late June/July)? Not a direct match, but it would be eerily similar to the Last of Us strategy....

Might BioWare cross-market this with in-game armor filler for Dragon Age Inquisition....like they did for the original Dragon Age and Mass Effect?

Any new out-of-game content for fans? (Interviews, trailers, cos-play photos, etc)
Might they also make a Special Edition with extras at a higher price point? (Comic books, special packaging, etc)

I'd buy this if the DLC is included. I'm just curious as to how much effort EA/BioWare would put into this next-gen re-release, even if the extra stuff may not be for me.....

maltrain

It's pathetic how "gaming journalists" have spreading this rumor.

I talked today on Twitter with some people from the retailer, who joked about this and being on IGN and they couldn't confirm anything.

https://twitter.com/_Nacho128_/status/460802326086029312

(Says: "Zmart on IGN. Achievement unlocked")

In fact, they blamed media for spreading this rumor without taking any responsability.

I really hope Bioware see the interest and make a "new gen version" now... but in the future seem very easy to have a retailer, publish a fake or unconfirmed placeholder, come to NeoGaf for making a thread and receiving free advertisement.

Proponent

Banned
I would totally buy this for PS4. Pre-ordered and day one!

Like so many other people have stated already, please be true.

If they could manage to get it in 1080p/60 fps locked, and include all of the dlc and even manage to cut down on any load times: GOTY and GOAT !!!

Please make it so EA and Bioware.

Top Bottom