• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Trilogy listed by unreliable Chilean Retailer - get it PRONTO

breakfuss

If the added revenue helps replace the writer from ME3 then I'm for it. Added bonus if ME1 is retrofitted with new engine. This trend is getting ridiculous, though.

X-Frame

Echoing everyone else, if this came to the PS4 with *ALL* DLC included, then I would certainly buy again.

The only thing that would be left on my 360 would be my multiplayer progress. So far there's been no way to transfer MP progress to another console game, and I would assume the same would be with this "next-gen" version too.

BibiMaghoo

So many hopes for DLC included are going to be destroyed. This is EA ladies and gentleman. It is not going to happen. Besides which, do you not think it would be a ''GOTY'' or ''complete'' edition that is listed?

You will be lucky to get the DLC from one and two, let alone all three.

Plasma

Banned
I'd probably pick it up if it includes all the DLC, I'm not buying all that stuff again.

Though I've always thought if they wanted to do the whole ME Trilogy properly they'd go back to the first two games and update the combat so they play like ME3. I'd imagine that's a bit too much to ask for though.

TeRey09

DAY ONE DIGITAL ON XBOX ONE!!!!!!! I wonder how big of a download that would be or would it be three separate downloads?

maltrain

Well, I'm chilean and I can say Zmart isn't a very good source.

For example, you can buy The Last Guardian from it...

http://www.zmart.cl/scripts/prodview.asp?idProduct=12964

Both things could be true eventually, but I can't say this a confirmation or anything...

Edit:

I'll add these "announcements" they did last year:

A27063459.jpg

tom.jpg

Hmm, I doubt it's real... for now. Will wait for a more reliable source.

However, if this does happen to be real, it better have ALL the DLC AND be 60fps.

I really REALLY want this to be true.

Minecraft terraria mass effect last of us and uncharted.

My ps3 can retire then.. well when the media centre options are added as well.

maltrain

The Last Guardian is listed on nearly every major site though, relicts of the former announcements.
ME HD wasn't announced.

Well... you want more?

Then, Zmart already "announced" Grand Theft Auto V, Battlefield 4 and Mass Effect 4 on... WiiU!!!

A27063459.jpg

XD

Pennywise

Well... you want more?

Then, Zmart already "announced" Grand Theft Auto V, Battlefield 4 and Mass Effect 4 on... WiiU!!!

XD

That certainly shows they're not reliable.

They've most likely listed it after the tweet about the consideration of Bioware.

Well, I still hope we're getting it.

maltrain

That certainly shows they're not reliable.

They've most likely listed it after the tweet about the consideration of Bioware.

Well, I still hope we're getting it.

In fact, I think a ME trilogy port it's very likely... and profitable.

I only say... don't trust on Zmart as a source.

JayEH

Given the reliability of the source, I don't think this is happening.

But given Bioware's statements in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen.

Gekko87

If they did this it would be kinda cool I guess but it would also really piss me off cause I'm in the middle of beating the ME trilogy right now on PS3

Carbonox

Would absolutely buy again if they added stuff to it (DLC PLS). If you could re-obtain trophies due to it being a different console that would be the cherry on top too.

I'd probably pick it up if it includes all the DLC, I'm not buying all that stuff again.

Though I've always thought if they wanted to do the whole ME Trilogy properly they'd go back to the first two games and update the combat so they play like ME3. I'd imagine that's a bit too much to ask for though.

But ME3 had the worst combat... It's "smoother" and more "stream lined" but to make up for it they had tons and tons of respawns per room and they were fairly inconsistent on where these "reinforcements" would appear from (mostly just magically falling in from the ceiling)

Albo

Just bought ME2 as my intro to the series but I might as well sell and wait for this. Hope we get confirmation soon.

Well... you want more?

A27063459.jpg

XD

Lol

This is like a shop that sells fan rumors

Would be cool if this was true. I'd probably buy a copy even though I don't own a PS4/Xbox One.

For that matter, if I do ever decide to pick up the trilogy set, should I go PS3 or Xbox 360? I remember hearing something about PS3's lighting on the games being off and/or frame rate issues. Any validity to that?

Day one on Xbox One. If it's real.

Would be cool if this was true. I'd probably buy a copy even though I don't own a PS4/Xbox One.

For that matter, if I do ever decide to pick up the trilogy set, should I go PS3 or Xbox 360? I remember hearing something about PS3's lighting on the games being off and/or frame rate issues. Any validity to that?
360. The games were originally designed for it, it has one more DLC available (not that it's great though) and ME3 runs significantly better than its ports. If you buy them separately, buy the platinum hits version of ME1.

Just bought ME2 as my intro to the series but I might as well sell and wait for this. Hope we get confirmation soon.

Lol

This is like a shop that sells fan rumors

Zmart doesn´t sell them, they're just placeholders. They are there for teasing us. Zmart is kind of a jerk.

Joystiq has an article about this, lol.

I would buy a good up-port of the ME series for sure, yes I know about PC :p

Some remastered character models and textures would be nice.

3bdelilah

Banned
I wouldn't say no to this, not at all. But for the love of all that is holy, fix ME1's cover system because that was absolutely shit. Mind you, I played ME2 before ME1 (didn't exist for the PS3 at the time) so I might have gotten used to ME2's cover, but still. If they fix that in ME1, the pre-order is a fact. Otherwise I'm happy enough with my Trilogy box as it is.

Edit: oh, and ALL the DLC from all three games should be included. Not as codes, just on disc like they did the Kasumi, Overlord and LOTSB DLC for the PS3.

Even though the site isn't reliable, something like this needs to happen. So much double dipping, and I'd love to see a prettier Mass Effect on current gen. Good excuse for me to run through the game again.

Cheech

I would buy this just to have the ME3 multiplayer back. That's pretty much the one thing I miss from getting rid of my 360.

Already played through the trilogy including all dlc on PC twice.
It would need to be a huge upgrade to catch my interest.
Even then I'm not sure, I'm starting to feel that I should stop buying games during their respective gen and just wait for re-releases on next hardware generation lol.
Might skip PS4 and play its games when they are remastered for PS5.

Tagg9

I would buy this just to have the ME3 multiplayer back. That's pretty much the one thing I miss from getting rid of my 360.

I'm sure we'll have multiplayer in ME4.

Already played through the trilogy including all dlc on PC twice.
It would need to be a huge upgrade to catch my interest.
Even then I'm not sure, I'm starting to feel that I should stop buying games during their respective gen and just wait for re-releases on next hardware generation lol.
Might skip PS4 and play its games when they are remastered for PS5.

If you've already played it on PC, there would be no point in playing a hypothetical console rerelease.

Mindlog

The only thing that would get me to buy this hypothetical product is if they let me import my ME3 MP Inventory.
Dealbreaker.

If you've already played it on PC, there would be no point in playing a hypothetical console rerelease.

I don't expect this to look like the originals at all, even the PC versions. ME1 looks pretty damn outdated. Just making it 1080p wont cut it out.
It's very different from re-releasing a recent game that still looks great at high settings on PC like TR.
I'd also expect them to fix stupid shit like the absence of weapon holstering even though they didn't bother fixing it for the PC version.
We'll see.

As I wasn't following gaming much at the start of this gen, can sb tell if the situation was similar? As in PS2 games ported to PS3. It seems as if this is the first time it is so widespread. Is that a signt that this gen lasted too long maybe?

androvsky

As I wasn't following gaming much at the start of this gen, can sb tell if the situation was similar? As in PS2 games ported to PS3. It seems as if this is the first time it is so widespread. Is that a signt that this gen lasted too long maybe?

The PS2 to 360/PS3 gen transition was a bit different because there were major changes in the way games were developed, so there weren't many cross-gen engines. A lot of PS2 games were built using Renderware, which EA purchased just before the generation transition, but apparently it didn't work well on the newer consoles. Unreal Engine 3 ran on the newer consoles, but hardly anything on the PS2 used it that I'm aware of.

Going from single-threaded, single-texturing graphics renderer to a greatly multi-threaded CPU with a multi-texturing GPU with relatively advanced shaders was just too huge a change to facilitate quick and easy ports. When PS2 HD collections did happen, they were relatively major undertakings, requiring a fair amount of effort from quality studios.

This gen we're going from multi-threaded CPUs and GPUs with shaders... to pretty much the same thing, but faster and more memory. And there's engines that work on both.

Top Bottom