• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Trilogy listed by unreliable Chilean Retailer - get it PRONTO

Okay, wait a sec.

Does that mean that a imported save file could potentially be part of Mass Effect 4?

I seriously doubt that Mass Effect 4 will use an import. It is suppose to be an entirely different story. My guess is that it'll be like the difference from Knights of the Old Republic to the Star Wars films. Besides that is too much extra baggage to be starting a new trilogy with.

Even if there was an import I wouldn't expect it to effect anything more than a few lines of dialog and maybe some text.

EekTheKat

Day 1 simply because the multi player was one of my favorite experiences last gen. Hopefully they'll bring it over instead of just packaging only the single player from all 3 games.

Come to think of it, I think I never actually finished Mass Effect 3 - I started playing the MP and never bothered to continue on the single player.

geomon

This would have to be beyond retouched for me to even think of buying this. Higher framerate to the say the least and all, ALL of the bugs and glitches that are still there now must be fixed.

HardRojo

Been pondering getting this for the PS3 for a good while but if this comes to the PS4 with the same DLCs or all of them then I sure as hell will get it.

Do they really think anyone will buy it? I thought they milked that cow dry by now. Unless they put it some work like improve some of textures, etc like Tomb Raider why would anyone buy it this stage of the game.

Not everyone was as easy to milk. If they rerelease it for next gen, I'm much more likely to get it than I am now.

androvsky

Aside from the fact that all three games are available on PC, they just released a "Mass Effect Trilogy" a little over a year ago.

Re-releasing a re-release of games that are very likely going to look the same as they do on PC seems insane to me.

Like I said before, controller support. PC version has no controller support, and even the mods to add controller support don't work well.

I don't like to game at my desk, so no controller support for something as cinematic as Mass Effect is a serious deal breaker. I've got the first one on PC so I know what it looks like compared to the PS3 version, but the PS3 is the platform I played the entire trilogy on.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
While this may be true and I know for a fact BioWare/EA has thrown around the idea, Zmart has in the past listed such gems as a second Call of Duty for Vita and Battlefield 4 for Wii U. Both have been taken down, but something to consider.

Not everyone games on PCs. You have millions of people right now buying up PS4s and Xbox Ones, and a lot of them probably don't game on PCs. Despite the fact that people have spent the last 6 months saying "I've been streaming this or playing that on my PC for years not impressed!", the consoles continue to sell well. By now it should be clear that there is a lucrative market outside of the 'master race'. This is targeted at them. If you game on a PC and can get these games for cheap now because they have been around for a while, this is not targeted at you.
Who are you talking about?

I'm not saying "lol I've had dis on PC for years consoles suckz". I'm saying that there's no real reason to re-release the Mass Effect games again so soon. If it was a situation where ME3 had just come out and was severely hindered by being on last gen hardware then yeah, I would understand updating that game for PS4. TLOU makes sense because that game was really held back by the fact that it was released for PS3.

That isn't the case, though. We're going from an HD trilogy that came out 18 months ago to an "even more HD" version of the exact same games.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I'm not saying "lol I've had dis on PC for years consoles suckz". I'm saying that there's no real reason to re-release the Mass Effect games again so soon. If it was a situation where ME3 had just come out and was severely hindered by being on last gen hardware then yeah, I would understand updating that game for PS4. TLOU makes sense because that game was really held back by the fact that it was released for PS3.

That isn't the case, though. We're going from an HD trilogy that came out 18 months ago to an "even more HD" version of the exact same games.

I don't really see how TLoU is going to benefit any more than this(or any other game) would, these compilations are likely going to be simple resolution boosters without fiddling with the game core itself. It works as a stopgap release to bridge into something bigger and make back some quick money, and in this instance would let PS4/XB1 people get into the series (or return) before the next main game drops.

The reason is because EA feels there is an audience of new console owners that might purchase it. That's the only reason any game ever gets released or made. I doubt this will require very many resources either. They probably see it as a no-lose situation to dump this out there. Think of it like the DVD/BluRay market. Is there ever a "reason" for companies to constantly re-release titles, giving them cute (and by cute I mean stupid) names like "Double Secret Edition" or "Unrated Edition!"? They are doing the same thing, trying to capitalize on new format owners.

I'd love so much to be one of these, "Omg! Instabuy!" folks, but my love died with ME3. I played the first and second iterations countless times... ME3 I could only get through once. No way would I want to re-experience that disappointment again. (And this time free of my hype and desire to believe the game was a masterpiece.) That and Dragon Age 2 are my greatest disappointments in gaming. Funny how they came from the same place!

I won't be giving Bioware another dollar until they can show me they've righted the ship.

Okay, wait a sec.

Does that mean that a imported save file could potentially be part of Mass Effect 4?

If they're smart about it, they'll be moving you into ME4 with as clean a slate as possible. Too much baggage to tie the series that directly to what's come before.

Agreed 100%, and as I said, I highly doubt this will have HD texture mods etc. I would imagine that IF this does come out it will be a port with all DLC and not much more.

Do they really think anyone will buy it? I thought they milked that cow dry by now. Unless they put it some work like improve some of textures, etc like Tomb Raider why would anyone buy it this stage of the game.

There are plenty of people who haven't played it the previous gen, especially on PS3 where the original Mass Effect was never even released except as part of the Trilogy years later.

I don't really see how TLoU is going to benefit any more than this(or any other game) would, these compilations are likely going to be simple resolution boosters without fiddling with the game core itself. It works as a stopgap release to bridge into something bigger and make back some quick money, and in this instance would let PS4/XB1 people get into the series before the next main game drops.
Maybe I'm just being a cynical asshole again, then. It just seems like more of an obvious cash grab than the TLOU or Tomb Raider remasters (to me, anyway). At least those have the excuse of being recent games that could have been cross-gen titles anyway.

I think the number of sequels is crazy as it is, so the fact that people are excited for a re-release of an entire series blows my mind. And, as I said earlier, that's coming from someone who loved the games.

Maybe. Used. If all the DLC comes in the form of codes and shit though forget it. I hate myself for even considering it. Mass Effect is like an ex-girlfriend that I broke all contact with. I see her around every now and again, but I know I shouldn't engage.

The reason is because EA feels there is an audience of new console owners that might purchase it. That's the only reason any game ever gets released or made. I doubt this will require very many resources either. They probably see it as a no-lose situation to dump this out there. Think of it like the DVD/BluRay market. Is there ever a "reason" for companies to constantly re-release titles, giving them cute (and by cute I mean stupid) names like "Double Secret Edition" or "Unrated Edition!"? They are doing the same thing, trying to capitalize on new format owners.
Yeah, I guess.

It just seems so blatantly money-grubbing, though.

RoKKeR

While this may be true and I know for a fact BioWare/EA has thrown around the idea, Zmart has in the past listed such gems as a second Call of Duty for Vita and Battlefield 4 for Wii U. Both have been taken down, but something to consider.
The fact that the boxart is the same as the trilogy collection released a year or so ago is also a bit telling.

But I certainly wouldn't rule it out as a possibility!

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Was the last gen versions shit on consoles in terms of performance/resolution or something that got people here hyped?

Yes.

ME1 was a hot-mess on X360.

I have the trilogy on PC, but I can never get the controller to feel right... so if they jazz up the textures, have it all in 60fps 1080p and the DLC is included, well... words of my happiness will be hard to find my friends.

Shinta

Banned
If it has all DLC, sure, once it drops down in price a lot. I never got the 3rd game so I guess I could finally finish it out.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Holy shit, I just realised that this would mean ME3 MP in 60fps/1080p using my controller...

*just lost control of my bodily functions* :D

cLOUDo

chilean retailer?

Looks legit.
Also...

Chileans. never mess with Chileans...

lol

The funny thing is many people in chilean forums are laughing because this store always do the same thing about the new releases (or rumors). Is Hilarious to see something like this in Neogaf.

Neogaf > Believe
Zmart > Don't Believe

JayEH

Hell yes. I'd buy this day one. Hopefully it'll come with all the DLC. Bought all the ME1 and 2 DLC but couldn't bring myself to do it for 3.

Tagg9

FYI Zmart is incredibly unreliable. I believe they've had Uncharted PS4 up for preorder ever since the PS4 announcement last February.

JayEH

Damn it.

deafmedal

Can you imagine playing ME2 with ME3 weapons? :O
I'd be down day one only if the combat system was upgraded for the first two games to ME 3's system. But if this is true it'll be a quick cash grab so no dice. Maybe they can add weapon holstering now at least lol.

Who am I kidding, I'll probably buy it day one and enjoy every minute of ME 1's horrible combat again.

FYI Zmart is incredibly unreliable. I believe they've had Uncharted PS4 up for preorder ever since the PS4 announcement last February.
These games are not for preorder, they are under the label of "coming soon" and even if they were, the preordering is free.
Also, I know about Zmart's reputation.

As a fellow Chilean all I can say is el dymblos culiao feo me chupa los cocos (what a good los chiles joke)

Now, on topic. It's just a placeholder, so I don't now what's the big effin' deal.

MrMephistoX

As much as I'd like to try and restrain myself I played through ME1 5 times last gen, ME2 3 times, and ME3 only once so yeah...day one.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
The more I think about this... the more fiending I become for a hit of Next-Gen Mass Effect (especially a reinvigorated ME3 MP scene... wowsers...).

If Bioware are in fact, not doing this..... their overlords at EA will see the free money going begging, and make it happen anyway - either way; DAY ONE SON!

Miroku129

As a fellow Chilean all I can say is el dymblos culiao feo me chupa los cocos (what a good los chiles joke)

Now, on topic. It's just a placeholder, so I don't now what's the big effin' deal.

Los chilenos estamos haciendo historia en Gaf xDDDD

Anyway... yeah, its just a placeholder...

I've put maybe 300 hours replaying all the games, I've still got my perfect run ME2 and ME3 save files on my HDD from a year ago, if this comes out with DLC I am all over it.

I'm playing through the trilogy for the first time right now on ps3.
I'm on ME2 on Ilium looking for the assassin

I'll be there if it's on PS4. Be nice if they fixed performance for ME1 too.

Kodaman

WiiU owners must be happy then...

5WmEC81.png

Bs

Fredrik

I really hate rumors like this... simply because I want it so bad and there is a possibility that they might not be true. But Day 1 if true.

KiteGr

If it includes the DLCs I would buy it for my PS4 day one (If I had managed to get a PS4 by that time...).

Playing the series on my PS3 gives me the impression that it struggles to work on that generation.

Top Bottom