• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Trilogy listed by unreliable Chilean Retailer - get it PRONTO

Forsythia

I'd buy this day 1. But it should include all DLC, and they should touch things up like giving Tali an actual face, or enable holstering in ME3.

mrpookles

I'm holding off replaying them (been craving it lately) for a next gen re-release. Do it!!

Otherwise, I'd be happy for them to patch in controller support on PC for fucks sake...

i platinumed all the ME games on my PS3, played the last game on PC just to see if there is any gap. while the performance and IQ were significantly better the graphics was not an upgrade at all, even if they advertise this as 1080p/60 FPS game on the PS4 it's just not enough to get them again, since any modern laptop can do it let alone a desktop. if they remaster them using the frostbite 3 engine, now it's a different matter altogether.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I'd buy this day 1. But it should include all DLC, and they should touch things up like giving Tali an actual face, or enable holstering in ME3.

+1

There are a few things that would take next to no time to fix, but would be massive quality of life additions to the trilogy.

Please make this be real (can nearly predict our dreams will be crushed, but hopefully not).
Go Chile! :D

I'm holding off replaying them (been craving it lately) for a next gen re-release. Do it!!

Otherwise, I'd be happy for them to patch in controller support on PC for fucks sake...

This is also a very, very viable option. I've used Pinnacle for it, and it doesn't feel quite right.
There is also the matter of button prompts not being on screen, which I do care about and I don't care how petty it is (very much a 1st world gamer problem).

....but, a full blown revamp with DLC would be so goddamn excellent, and a massive money spinner, there is no reason they shouldn't do it.

Total licence to print money and get people hyped for the next Mass Effect on Next-Gen.

Chinner

Banned
Unless they massively overhaul the graphics (not to mention the animations) this really doesn't seem like a series that would really benefit that much visually from a new-gen re-release. Solid framerates for console players would be nice but 1080p isn't exactly going to reveal much eye-popping detail in the potato faces and low-res textures.

It's not unwelcome, more options for consumers is always good - it just strikes me as an odd choice if this is true.

Yeah I agree. The original is the best, but it's also aged the worst. A lot of work would have to done for me to consider a purchase.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
EA really needs to release this. This needs to be released Q3 or Q4 this year. I'd buy it and platinum every game and then play some more.

Ubersnug

Include all DLC, higher res textures and optimise the engines of all 3 games so they run at least fixed at 30fps and I'll buy (once it drops to £35)

jnWake

I frequent zmart's site a lot and they seem to make up a lot of upcoming games. For example, right now they have Metroid Wii U listed (and that's been there for ages).

Melchiah

Might buy depending on price, and if it comes to PS4, includes everything, runs at 1080p and is otherwise improved (loading times included), and totally bug-free.

Forsythia

Why the interest to see Tali's face? Spoiler
she dies anyway :p

The problem is that BioWare went out of their way to include Jessica Chobot for a useless role, and used a stock image for Tali's face. With a rerelease they have a change to fix that.
But we all know they won't. :(

It is one of the few games I loved last gen that I dont feel the need for having it ported to PS4

If they dropped in it in 'dead' period, with ALL dlc, texture upgrades/1080P, fixing bugs etc. then I would buy it. This isn't going to happen though. The amount of time and effort would not be worth it for them. IF we get a package, all we are going to see is each game with all dlc (maybe some kind of garbage upscaling).

Ashtar

For me to double dip :
- ALL dlc included, I mean all of it, DLC, maps, skins, weapons, all the jazz. A total complete edition. Not a half complete edition.
- PC textures, smooth frame rates and 1080 all along. Put some actual work in there. The PC mods makes the original dev to shame on the third game.
- Save progress from PSN/XBL account on earlier version for ME3 MP. No way I'm grinding all of it again. Give me my PS3 progress on PS4 through my (same) PSN ID.
Hells yes! Shoot I'd buy mass effect 3 alone again if they let me keep my stuff!

Ridesh

Banned
Well, as a chilean I can say that this is completely unreliable. Zmart seems to be runned by an average forum user that easily take rumors as facts, no offense.

So yeah, don't take this seriously.

DieH@rd

Banned
ME1 was a not a good preforming game on X360 and PS3 [looked great on PC], and A LOT of people experienced it only on consoles.

This port [if true] makes all the sense, easy 1080p60 with PC textures, especially if it comes with every DLC.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Well, as a chilean a can say that this is completely unreliable. Zmart seems to be runned by an average forum user that easily take rumors as facts, no offense.

So yeah, don't take this seriously.

...but, but it's more fun to take it seriously and get our collective hype train on.

I'm already holding my wallet open, hoping for an EA Next-Gen Fairy to come take my money now.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Aside from the fact that all three games are available on PC, they just released a "Mass Effect Trilogy" a little over a year ago.

Re-releasing a re-release of games that are very likely going to look the same as they do on PC seems insane to me.
Man, the PC versions all lack gamepad support that cannot be properly implemented using Xpadder and the like. The PC version simply aren't useful to me for that reason.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I didn't play ME3 because it didn't have controller support on PC.

I don't care about the trilogy at this point any more, but that was my reason for not playing ME3 when it launched.

Taker34

Banned
Man, the PC versions all lack gamepad support that cannot be properly implemented using Xpadder and the like. The PC version simply aren't useful to me for that reason.

Don't forget crap like Garrus' blurry face and tons of other ugly textures (most clothes), graphical glitches (LOD problems) etc. Even skipped dialogue and some weird animations are still in the PC version.

Yoday

For PS4 and Xbox One though?

And I mean why not get it out on next generation consoles and all but I mean I've always considered this series far and away the best example of PC to console parity in terms of visuals (not, like, framerate or resolution wise, but essentially everywhere else that matters). They're going to have to go out of their way to improve on this, as in, something more than a mere res bump
I agree. This would be something to get if you have never played them before. Unless they put some major work into the visuals, they won't look better outside of resolution.

DOWN

Banned
Been begging for this on the BioWare forums. Day one on PS4. Smooth framerate, all DLC (I can't see them putting it on the new gen stores anyway), and 1080p would make plenty of difference for console players. Anything else is just extra.

I actually held off on replaying the trilogy for a long time hoping.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
This is great for people who haven't played the series. However, it honestly seems that lately we've heard of more ports of last generation games being announced than new titles. It honestly makes me question whether or not I should have bothered getting my PS4 or not if all we're really going to get for another year are games I've already played from the previous cycle.

prag16

Banned
Do they really think anyone will buy it? I thought they milked that cow dry by now. Unless they put it some work like improve some of textures, etc like Tomb Raider why would anyone buy it this stage of the game.
If they redid textures and lighting, and include ALL dlc, it could be somewhat compelling. If they do it, I hope the enhanced version comes to PC too. I'll triple dip.

Anon67

I'd so buy this since the PC versions doesn't even have proper controller support. Don't really want to use a mouse for these type of games.

Patryn

Honestly I figured that BioWare would end up doing this a long time ago. It's much easier to get everyone's save files transferred to Mass Effect 4 if they release native versions on the PS4/XBO.

I think that this could be announced to coincide with Mass Effect 4's reveal at E3 in June.
I'd be astounded if they did save transfer for ME4. I think they really want the fresh start.

ReaperXL7

I would buy it and play through all of them again especially if my saves will effect the eventual Mass Effect 4. I have a feeling we are going get have quite a few "definitive editions" announced for PS4/Xbone before or during E3 as developers continue working on getting new games up and running.

Caayn

I bet ME1 still wouldn't run at 30 fps, lol.
Nothing can tame the Mako.

Mako.+It+s+like+a+drunk+rhino+but+with+jets+and_87d2e3_4081707.gif

Andodalf

Banned
I thought I read somewhere many moons ago that ME1 on PS3 was ported to the ME 2/3 engine. Is that true? If so we can hopefully get a ME1 that is a little more player friendly. looking at you inventory system.

Top Bottom