• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Trilogy listed by unreliable Chilean Retailer - get it PRONTO

I might bite on this. Played the first two on 360 but never got around to 3. If there's graphical improvements and all DLC included then it might be worth having the whole shebang on PS4 and staring all over. I'm trying to divest myself of the Xbox ecosystem, which is one reason I don't have part 3 yet.

Yeah, an inventory system overhaul alone would make it the definitive version, but there's plenty to fix.
Agreed. Any improvements to ME1 would seal this for me.

androvsky

I draw the line here if this is real.

I love the entire ME series, save for the last hour of ME3, but this is ridiculous. Unless they've overhauled absolutely everything there's zero reason to re-release the ME games.

What? A version that runs well and has controller support? I'm all over it.

I mean, you could make the argument that the PC versions should have proper controller support and I'd agree, but until/unless they do that this makes a ton of sense.

maneil99

Considering the game doesn't look very good even maxed on PC I hope these are on another engine. How easy would porting UE3 code to UE4 be? That's the only way I can see this game not looking like ass

Sorry, but ME1 looks beautiful at 1080p on PC.

Kind of my point? 1080p 60fps Mass Effect had existed since the release date of the first PC version. A PS4 version that looks like a PC version from six years ago isn't going to be that impressive without some work, which is why it strikes me as an odd choice for a port if this is real. Tomb Raider had effects previously unseen in all versions, and TLOU isn't available anywhere else. Porting ME to PS4/XO is basically just a really late cross gen port.

It'll be cool to have the option to play on PS4 though, like I said.

Kind of my point? 1080p 60fps Mass Effect had existed since the release date of the first PC version. A PS4 version that looks like a PC version from six years ago isn't going to be that impressive without some work, which is why it strikes me as an odd choice for a port if this is real. Tomb Raider had effects previously unseen in all versions, and TLOU isn't available anywhere else. Porting ME to PS4/XO is basically just a really late cross gen port.

It'll be cool to have the option to play on PS4 though, like I said.

Yes, not discussing that. But still..

Sorry, but ME1 looks beautiful at 1080p on PC.
It really doesn't.

Mass Effect 1 is probably my favourite game of all time, but that game does not look good in 2014, regardless of platform. Textures are bad, faces are terrible, everyone looks and moves like they're made of plastic, there's flickering and z-fighting everywhere and it's impossible to get rid of aliasing no matter what resolution you're running.

I would be ecstatic if they re-released ME1 in UE4 with proper animations or something, but that isn't ever going to happen.

Good textures and image quality and ME2 and 3 look great on PC. The first game would need some work though.

I'll be curious to see if this ends up being a thing.

I could do another playthrough, hope all DLc is included.

Would really like to play 2 and 3 with a controller, after playing them only on PC.

For me to double dip :
- ALL dlc included, I mean all of it, DLC, maps, skins, weapons, all the jazz. A total complete edition. Not a half complete edition.
- PC textures, smooth frame rates and 1080 all along. Put some actual work in there. The PC mods makes the original dev to shame on the third game.
- Save progress from PSN/XBL account on earlier version for ME3 MP. No way I'm grinding all of it again. Give me my PS3 progress on PS4 through my (same) PSN ID.

Richie

Has a snowball's chance in hell of happening...
...But EA, make an exception on your plans and release on Wii U also!

Omega

Banned
If legit, they better use ME1 Updated Textures Mod.

knowing EA and EAware, this will just be straight up ports on 1080p, 60FPS with no DLC.

- Save progress from PSN/XBL account on earlier version for ME3 MP. No way I'm grinding all of it again. Give me my PS3 progress on PS4 through my (same) PSN ID.
I didn't even think about this.

Better give everyone 500 million credits to start off with because I can't see people playing from scratch again. The people who didn't want to grind, aren't gonna change that stance because of HD resolution and those of us that did grind, aren't gonna grind again.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Would be cool to see, especially with all the DLC packed in.

If nothing else everyone can see how poorly ME1 aged.

dakun

Mass Effect Trilogy - in HD with upgraded textures/graphics- all DLC included -

would buy day one at full price

RoKKeR

I'll take this shit!

I am COMPLETELY fine with 2014 being the year of remakes, remasters, and collections. Bring on the best of last gen, will keep me busy until the heavy hitters arrive win 2015.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Do they really think anyone will buy it? I thought they milked that cow dry by now. Unless they put it some work like improve some of textures, etc like Tomb Raider why would anyone buy it this stage of the game.

Are you kidding me?

This would be day one purchase material for me - and I own the Mass Effect trilogy for both PC and X360 plus all the DLC for both.

Of course they would be re-jazzing up textures and such, the REAL question would be........is all the DLC included? Now that, if answered with a no, would be the end of me buying it. I can't see them charging for the DLC after all this time, and it would go a long way to the Bioware Redemption Zone if they managed to include it all on the disc.

Fury would ensue if they left all DLC off... oh boy, it would be crazy.

I draw the line here if this is real.

I love the entire ME series, save for the last hour of ME3, but this is ridiculous. Unless they've overhauled absolutely everything there's zero reason to re-release the ME games.

Draw the line at what? It's companies trying to capitalize on the hot sales of the PS4 (and to a lesser extent Xbox One). Remember people thought the next gen consoles would be cold out of the gate and are now probably trying to play catch up. If you already own all 3 games or have played through them, this probably isn't for you. Do you get upset everytime movies are re-released in new formats?

Was the last gen versions shit on consoles in terms of performance/resolution or something that got people here hyped?

ME3 In Xbox 360 it ran fine but after the numerous updates, is became a little sluggish, freezes for a while sometimes and has an annoying bug that forces you to play single player offline. Also it has a ridiculous amount of disk switching.

The game is so good though, I think we just want to play it with all that DLC.

StUnNeR H2K

This better happen. Would be even better if playing it you can transfer your save over to the next Mass Effect, assuming it is post the trilogy.

Guri

Of course they're doing that for the money, but I wonder if there's anything that could be carried in a save file for the trilogy for the new game...

I'll love Kinect/voice support for all the 3 titles. I really like using that, I'm currently talking to edi while typing this, uninterrupted 😊

Draw the line at what? It's companies trying to capitalize on the hot sales of the PS4 (and to a lesser extent Xbox One). Remember people thought the next gen consoles would be cold out of the gate and are now probably trying to play catch up. If you already own all 3 games or have played through them, this probably isn't for you. Do you get upset everytime movies are re-released in new formats?
Aside from the fact that all three games are available on PC, they just released a "Mass Effect Trilogy" a little over a year ago.

Re-releasing a re-release of games that are very likely going to look the same as they do on PC seems insane to me.

Anteater

Man I already bought the first game twice and played it like 10 times, unless they're adding stuff I think I'm done with the series, good to see a better version for the consoles though because the original game ran like dog shit

Aside from the fact that all three games are available on PC, they just released a "Mass Effect Trilogy" a little over a year ago.

Re-releasing a re-release of games that are very likely going to look the same as they do on PC seems insane to me.

Not everyone games on PCs. You have millions of people right now buying up PS4s and Xbox Ones, and a lot of them probably don't game on PCs. Despite the fact that people have spent the last 6 months saying "I've been streaming this or playing that on my PC for years not impressed!", the consoles continue to sell well. By now it should be clear that there is a lucrative market outside of the 'master race'. This is targeted at them. If you game on a PC and can get these games for cheap now because they have been around for a while, this is not targeted at you.

Top Bottom