• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive eShop Sale in Celebration of Super Smash Bros 3DS

Wait Game & Watch: Donkey Kong Jr. a DSiWare title.

As far as I can tell this is the first time a DSiWare title has ever gone on sale. Dammit, Nintendo this mean you can put DSiWare on sale and should do all the time (as these titles are a much harder sell at the prices they are these days).

DKCR for $20 and Pac-Man for $12 here I come!
This is such an improvement from the last week. Also KI:U should have been 20 dollars...

Richie

That Tropical Freeze $20 discount...Now THAT is a sale! Anyone with the faintest love for platformers needs to own this game.

Toki767

Why is New Leaf ( a game made from entirely new assets for the most part ) cheaper than Star Fox 3D ( a port of a Nintendo 64 game )?

Probably because Star Fox 3D isn't being sold at retail anymore so they can price gouge. Same reason Ocarina of Time 3D didn't go on sale.

I have an abusive relationship with Nintendo, I feel completely taken advantage of by purchasing Star Fox 64 3D @ $30 but Im still gonna get it, cuz god knows when they will have a sale again and physical copies are terribly expensive :(

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Everyone needs to buy Tropical Freeze. It is the epitome of video gaming.

Didn't like DKCR, but at that price, Tropical Freeze is calling me. Maybe I'll give Retro another chance.
I am giving DKCR another chance this time without motion controls and see if this makes me like it better. I hated the Wii version because of those motion controls.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Tropical Freeze is definitely worth it, just keep in mind that you need 11.4 GB or something close to that.

Also, hope to see some new people in the New Leaf thread :)

Wii U

Pikmin 3 $39,99

Donkey Kong (NES) $3.49

Kirby & The Amazing Mirror $4.99

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze $29.99

Donkey Kong Jr. (NES) $3.49

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures $11.99

Kirby’s Dream Land 3 $4.99

3DS

Animal Crossing: New Leaf $19.99

Star Fox 64 3D $29.99

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D $19.99

Kirby's Dreamland 2 $2.49

Donkey Kong $3.49

Kirby's Dreamland $2.49

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures $11.99

Game & Watch Donkey Kong Jr. $1.49

Quoted for the new page. Definitely a way better deal than last week but god DAMN that Starfox price lmao

Star Fox was $10-15 on eBay a few months ago when it was getting cleared out. Now that it's OOP the resale price has doubled. It was even part of that free game promo last year (I kind of regret selling my code now).

Would've jumped on Tropical Freeze for $30 but not $35.

Damn it... probably would've been able to justify DKCRTF at $30 but not at $35, since it's before tax and I don't even know if I'll like it. That's a shame.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Star Fox was $10-15 on eBay a few months ago when it was getting cleared out. Now that it's OOP the resale price has doubled. It was even part of that free game promo last year (I kind of regret selling my code now).

Would've jumped on Tropical Freeze for $30 but not $35.

Should bave stocked up when Target had all currency cards for 25% off.

DDP is another few dollars back as well.

Awesome!
I have a $5 code so get a discounted Armillo (heard it was good).
I can get Tropical Freeze from this sale.
AND I'm picking up Hyrule Warriors tomorrow.

A good day!
I already have Pikmin 3 from the Mariokart promo.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Tropical Freeze is definitely worth it, just keep in mind that you need 11.4 GB or something close to that.

Also, hope to see some new people in the New Leaf thread :)

ouch, do you know how big pikmin 3 is?

and you'll see me in the NL thread soon! been like 10 years, can't wait to return to AC

Huge deals on Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze. Don't miss 'em, folks. They're both fantastic games!

Edit: Pikmin 3, too. It's a gem!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
ouch, do you know how big pikmin 3 is?

and you'll see me in the NL thread soon! been like 10 years, can't wait to return to AC

I think the initial download is under 4 GB, but right now I've got it at 4241 MB. I think that's with the more recent update.

And great :) there are fewer of us than there used to be, but there's a still a fair amount of us who are still playing, plus some new people pop in from time to time, so don't be shy.

Incidentally, if any of you in the US wanted Pikmin 3 a little cheaper (like $30 maybe), I have a physical copy I've been lazy about pawning off. Send me a PM if you'd like.

$11.99 for Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures is a great deal. It's a decent platformer, but you can't go wrong for that price.

That is pretty much what I got from Balrog's review. It seems like a good time, but no where near Pac-Man World quality. That is why I was waiting until it got pretty cheap to try out and $12 is the price of digital games, so why not?

lyrick

Didn't really intend on spending $110 on Nintendo games this week, but Animal Crossing, DK:TF and Hyrule Warriors are all wanting me to purchase them.

Definitely picking up Animal Crossing and DK:TF for that price.

Way to go Nintendo, hopefully the sales are really great and they'll keep doing discounts like this every once in a while.

Starfox at $30? Seriously Nintendo? It's been out for years now. What a joke. It should have been reduced to $30 ages ago and been at $20 for this sale.

Guesong

Damn it... probably would've been able to justify DKCRTF at $30 but not at $35, since it's before tax and I don't even know if I'll like it. That's a shame.

Are you human and have a soul?

If yes, you'll like it. Unless platformers are really, really not your thing.

VandalD

I never got to play Returns on Wii, so getting to play it on 3DS will be nice. I'm assuming it's the better version anyway, what with no forced motion controls.

Shame about Star Fox. I'd want to have that, but I'm not paying that much money for a graphical remake of a game I've already played to death.

Lumyst

Why is star fox expensive

What I've run into with niche Japanese games vs. mainstream games (for example) is that it isn't just that "a game is a game," but each game is unique content that appeals to different people, and the price for certain kinds of content (for instance, Rune Factory 4 sells for $39.99 still a year later, but Killzone Shadowfall is $29.99) is based on the market and demand for that kind of content, and the competition among people creating that content for people who want that content. So I gladly paid $39.99 for Rune Factory because it's content that not many others are creating, and I wouldn't begrudingly go "but Killzone is cheaper" because I know that the game that each developer created is unlike the other, and if I wanted more Rune Factory-ish games, well, not many people are making that kind of content, so they've got me by the balls :p So the pricing for one type of content is totally different from the other. Likewise, the value of a game such as Star Fox, to the people who are willing to buy it, is not dependant on the value of Animal Crossing, because the content is totally different and appeals to different people.

Top Bottom