• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive eShop Sale in Celebration of Super Smash Bros 3DS

JEEESUS CHRIST at tropical freeze's size. o___0

Might just have to go to bed and hopefully have it ready to play by morning, lol.

FSLink

Banned
No waggle-to-roll makes it the superior version of an already terrific game.

Except with very easy to install homebrew you can also do this on the Wii version, have a higher resolution, and higher frame rate.

Avoid the 3DS version.

Picking up:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Star Fox 64 3D (I feel robbed at that price, but it's the best we're going to get for years to coem)
Donkey Kong (Wii U)
Kirby's Dream Land
Kirby's Dream Land 2
Kirby's Dream Land 3

Kinda miffed I missed the Mega Man sale two weeks back, I only decided a couple days ago that I want all the Mega Man games on the VC :(

Rnr1224

just played tropical freeze for a bit and I am blown away. The graphics, music, and level design all come together and I am left in awe!

L Thammy

Got DK. Haven't even listened to the soundtrack on YouTube, so this will be a treat. Witnessing David Wise's glory in its purest form.

Bought Animal Crossing. This cat hasn't ridden the train since 2002 and neither have I. Gonna be interesting to see if I can like it now.

Wait are these shops all closed at night? Oh... I guess I'll play tomorrow...

MarkusRJR

That Pac Man deal is so ice cold. It was $4.99 on Xbox 360 last week.

btw the game is pretty shit from the few hours I played. I'd only recommend it if you played every other platformer on the Wii U and are somehow still thirsting for another one.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Bought Animal Crossing. This cat hasn't ridden the train since 2002 and neither have I. Gonna be interesting to see if I can like it now.

Wait are these shops all closed at night? Oh... I guess I'll play tomorrow...

Eventually you can set an ordinance so that the stores will stay open about 3 hours later (it actually varies per store, but that's about the average). But yeah, first couple days are kind of tough in that regard.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Well, bought SF643D.

Looks and plays great :D

The voices are different though :(

Boney

Banned
Well one is a port of an N64 game and the other is a port of a Wii game.

Different voice actors? That's disappointing.
Same actors, re-recorded voices.

It definately sounds a bit off at first, and a few lines don't have the same impact as they're engrained on your brain but the voice acting is great, so don't feel discouraged

oatmeal

Banned
Animal Crossing for $20 is a great deal. I bought it when it dropped to $34.99 and don't regret it.
Haven't touched it in a couple months, though. Some of the loading and stuff slows down the game too much to just jump into and annoys me.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Same actors, re-recorded voices.

It definately sounds a bit off at first, and a few lines don't have the same impact as they're engrained on your brain but the voice acting is great, so don't feel discouraged
You sure?
I mean some sounded the same, but Fox was notably different
to be fair there was like a 15 year gap between recordings

linko9

I was on the fence for DK but I decided to go for it, only to find out that I don't have enough space.

Because I bought Pac-Man Ghostly Adventures first.

Worth it.

I guess now is a good a time as any to look into external HDD's though.

Yeah, same deal for me. Silly that they don't let you buy it to download it later.

So apparently I lack the sufficient space for Tropical Freeze.
I have Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Wii Fit U, NES Remix, and Animal Crossing Plaza on my system.

I figured I delete Pikmin 3 for the time being. I'll buy myself a 500GB hard drive to remedy all of this later.

prateeko

Welp, I now have a digital and a real life copy of AC:NL. If there was ever a game I wanted to be digital and with me at all times, Animal Crossing is it.

God my town is going to be in shambles when I boot up...

Pikma

Banned
Animal Crossing for $20 is a great deal. I bought it when it dropped to $34.99 and don't regret it.
Haven't touched it in a couple months, though. Some of the loading and stuff slows down the game too much to just jump into and annoys me.

It was $34.99 since day one :lol

M3d10n

Caved in and got Tropical Freeze. Holy shit, this game is good. I barely couldn't put the game down when I started playing. I haven't played DKCR, so I went fresh form the SNES ones and it blew my mind.

Wendler

Banned
didnt really feel the characters in dkc3

and dkcr turned me off because of the controls (shaking the remote to slam the ground and blow at flowers?) and some of the level design.

Yeah, the controls are completely button-based in DKC:TF, so you shouldn't have any problems there.

The level design is roughly in the same ballpark as in DKCR, though. Was is just the level design in general or specific things?

Anth0ny

i loved dkc 1 + 2.

didnt like dkc 3 and dkc returns.

would you guys recommend i play tropical freeze?

Yes. Tropical Freeze is way better than DKCR. Also, David Wise composed the soundtrack, same dude who did DKC 1 and 2, and was not involved with 3 or DKCR.

Golnei

Yes. Tropical Freeze is way better than DKCR. Also, David Wise composed the soundtrack, same dude who did DKC 1 and 2, and was not involved with 3 or DKCR.

Even though he was collaborating with Eveline Fischer, Wise was involved in both the GBA and SNES soundtracks for DKC3.

Anth0ny

Even though he was collaborating with Eveline Fischer, Wise was involved in both the GBA and SNES soundtracks for DKC3.

I thought most of the SNES version was Fischer, but the GBA version was all Wise.

Either way, I prefer Tropical Freeze's soundtrack to DKC3's. EVERYONE, PLAY TROPICAL FREEZE.

Top Bottom