• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive eShop Sale in Celebration of Super Smash Bros 3DS

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I'm sorry but this isn't trying at all.
For a company that the amount of times their games have dropped their MSRP throughout their lifetimes can be counted with just 2 hands, yes it is.

Chairhome

Might get my pokemon obsessed daughter Rumble U or Trozei. Is there much missing from Rumble U if you don't have the NFC toys?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
NOA, you suck. Last week, I would've bought the Wii U versions of MM1/2 if they were on sale, but nooOoo – only the 3DS versions were discounted. This week, however, both the 3DS and Wii U versions of Metroid are on sale, a game that everyone on the planet probably owns on at least one platform already. WHY.

Yep. A couple of those I already owned while the rest I don't care much about.
More reasons to save my money, especially with Hyrule Warriors coming next week.

The only gratifying thing about this is that I am short on money now, sorry guys, I know that being selfish is not good, please forgive me. I would have bought KI U, FE A and Zelda ALBW last week.

AcridMeat

Banned
Just to be clear, I missed out on $20 3D Land right? I figure that's the case, but just turned on my 3DS for the first time in months and am updating.

Hahahaha, what a terrible week. What will they sell next week? Donkey Kong Jr Math? Free Animal Crossing Plaza? (
And yes, I know what I just said is strange, but it is part of the joke
)

Is Mystery Dungeon any good? I used to really like the Torneko no Daibouken games and this is apparently the same series with a Pokemon theme.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Starfox 64 3D is the only Starfox related game on either console eShop right?

At least that one is a given if that's the case.

Eusis

I'm instantly regretting not getting Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus last week.

I guess Tropical Freeze next week will help.
With our luck they'll put the original DK on sale but not Tropical Freeze.

Or they'll put the original DK on sale, put Tropical Freeze on sale, then ignore everything in between. Except Mario vs DK.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Animal Crossing™: New Leaf (3DS)
Pikmin™ 3 (Wii U)
Donkey Kong Country™: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)
PAC-MAN™ and the Ghostly Adventures (3DS/Wii U)

These four are guaranteed already. Might as well add Star Fox 64 3D to that as well.

LaNaranja

Welp seeing as how their is nothing for me this week I am pretty much guaranteed to buy Donkey Kong next week and maybe even Pac-Man if the price is low enough.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
This week sale's are lame. I'm really happy I bought Zelda Ages last night! I wish the Mii Plaza games were on sale in celebration of the "Mii Fighters"... it's lame they didn't get a game sale at all.

What is the predicted price for Pikmin 3 next week, $35?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
This week sale's are lame. I'm really happy I bought Zelda Ages last night! I wish the Mii Plaza games were on sale in celebration of the "Mii Fighters"... it's lame they didn't get a game sale at all.

What is the predicted price for Pikmin 3 next week, $35?

I'd guess $40 at best, I think it's still $60 on the eShop, though I could be wrong. That reminds me, I have a physical copy I need to get around to selling :/ keep putting it off lol

Is Starfox left for next week? I'd like a cheap Starfox 64 on 3DS please.

Considering they still list it at $39.99 on the eShop, I doubt it'll be that great :( Probably would've considered grabbing it at $20 or less.

vazel

Banned
The only Metroid game on sale is Metroid! What a joke. Oh well, I need to be saving my money for Hyrule Warriors anyway.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Don't hate me for this, but Wii Fit U has been the highlight for me so far.

I hated having to put the disc in every morning. Digital copy will make keeping a routine going much easier.

Not a very enticing list of games on sale this week. Pokémon Trozei is slightly tempting, but I keep thinking that if I want a puzzle game, I may as well spend the extra couple bucks and download Pushmo.

So far during these sales, Nintendo has got me for Super Mario 3D Land and Kid Icarus: Uprising (both of which are incredible). This week will be quiet, however. I'll look forward to a (hopefully) awesome fourth and final week.

Sora_N

Is Mystery Dungeon any good? I used to really like the Torneko no Daibouken games and this is apparently the same series with a Pokemon theme.

Game is a dumbed down rogue like RPG thing I think. I think the story is really cute and I love how Pokemon are characterized. I haven't finished it since I bought it retail but you can try the demo first to check it out. The dtata carries over if you do buy it.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I bought $100 worth of eShop cards a few days ago. Give me a reason Nintendo.

This is really just insulting, Nintendo.

Don't hate me for this, but Wii Fit U has been the highlight for me so far.

I hated having to put the disc in every morning. Digital copy will make keeping a routine going much easier.
You think people would hate you for making a completely logical decision that would help you better your health?

kennah

Screw Nintendo. I'm sure there's probably still a gaffer that has a cheaper code for sale for this from the mario kart promo in the b/s/t thread (unless those have expired in which case ignore me).
There has been one guy trying to unload one for.$40 for a while now

Sora_N

Bought Pokemon Trozei, wanted to try it for a while but it was too 'expensive' to me. $5.49 (Canadian Eshop) price is decent I guess!

Starfox 64 3D is the only Starfox related game on either console eShop right?

At least that one is a given if that's the case.
After Mii fighters being represented by Wii Fit I'm calling for Star Fox to be represented by Steel Diver Sub Wars...with the Blue Marine DLC being the only thing on sale. Dang Peppy, why did you have to become a sales bunny...(though you're a hare)

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Eh, I think I'll download Pokemon Battle Trozei.

Richie

Yeah, a mockery of a sale. Metroid's situation is a slap in the face, but grouping the Mii Fighters with Wii Fit Trainer has to be the most blatant cop-out. What about Wii Party U, Wii Sports Club, Tomodachi Life, Pilotwings Resort, the Streetpass games?

X05

Only Star Fox game on either, yes
Fuck ye--

After Mii fighters being represented by Wii Fit I'm calling for Star Fox to be represented by Steel Diver Sub Wars...with the Blue Marine DLC being the only thing on sale. Dang Peppy, why did you have to become a sales bunny...(though you're a hare)
Oh no, no no no no no.
Please, no.
:(

Bulzeeb

This is really just insulting, Nintendo.

You think people would hate you for making a completely logical decision that would help you better your health?

well yeah, obviously the training routine should start with the traditional exercise of placing a disk in the console, you are just going the lazy way thus shaming your wii fit trainer

Jimrpg

Would have got x/y if it was cheap but thanks for saving me money Nintendo, better in my pocket than yours.

And NES freaking metroid is the only metroid for sale? Jesus wept. There are some NES games that still hold up today, can't say metroid does.

Top Bottom