• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive eShop Sale in Celebration of Super Smash Bros 3DS

Yeah, this absolutely right way to play KI:U. It's like a guitar posture, becomes really comfortable after a while and gives you the best accuracy.You can also cross your legs if you like. I also reccomend tuning control sensitivity almost to the max for better response and fun.
It is a shame you can't change those on the fly. I maxed both turning and moving and I ended up nearly getting a game over in a moving platform land selection as the slightest nudge of the stick would practically send me off the edge.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Really bummed there's no sale on OoT, that's the only thing I was hoping for. Shit seems to never go on sale!
It was on sale for about $27 not long ago, which is when I bought it :p

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Metroid (3DS/Wii U): $3.49
Wii Fit U: $19.99
Pokemon Rumble U: $10.99
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity: $24.99
Pokemon Battle Trozei: $5.49

Tons of options this week.

Tom_Cody

Metroid (3DS/Wii U): $3.49
Wii Fit U: $19.99
Pokemon Rumble U: $10.99
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity: $24.99
Pokemon Battle Trozei: $5.49

Tons of options this week.
Lol at just Metroid.

I'm going to bite for Pokemon Battle Trozei. I've been looking for another low mental energy puzzle game for the 3DS. A man can only play so much picross.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
What a disappointing week :(

LakeEarth

If Tropical Freeze isn't on sale next week, and instead it's just the NES version of arcade game, I'm going to be very pissed off.

"massive sale"

Excuse me for one moment please.

AHAHAHHAHHAHAHAAHHAHGASHBHSADBJHSADHJSDCFHJDFVSJHFGVD

This is why nobody will ever take Nintendo's digital offerings seriously.

vareon

Looooool no Super Metroid or Fusion even with Zero Suit Samus featured. Should have bought Megaman Yesterday. Not even Tomodachi Life even with Mii Fighters.

Looooool no Super Metroid or Fusion even with Zero Suit Samus featured. Should have bought Megaman Yesterday. Not even Tomodachi Life even with Mii Fighters.
You'll get a $1.50 discount on the already overpriced NES Metroid and you'll like it. At least next week's sale SHOULD be better than this.

Davey Cakes

Just the original Metroid? Wow. Poor form.

If Zero Mission was out we wouldn't even need the original since it's an unlockable.

Glass Joe

Geez. Last week's sales were actually pretty good. I had picked up Minish Cap and Mega Man X2. And Week 1 had games I would have bought if I didn't already own. Week 3 is just craptacular.

What the fuck? I was expecting Wii Sports to go on sale this week for the Miis. Also no Super Metroid. :/

I was silly enough to think "Zero Suit Samus" meant they were going to drop Zero Mission on us as a surprise bonus. Instead not even Fusion or Super Metroid are on sale. "Surprise!" I guess that Justin Bailey code qualifies as "Zero Suit" to them heh.

Also figured I might be able to pick up some Wii Sports DLC like Golf and Baseball/Boxing to complete my collection. They should have thrown in Wii Party U too. So today my wallet gets a break.

Elija2

I was kinda interested in Mystery Dungeon since I'm a fan of those games but I hear that the 3DS game is worse than the DS ones. I might just pick up Battle Trozei then.

Man I'm so sorry America. Well Europe may have had no Metroid at all and shit for Mario, it had two actual games for Mii Fighters rather than lumping them with Wii Fit...

Wait, Wii Fit U is $30 in US. It is like £30 in the UK (€35 in Europe).

Trozei at 30% is expected. A weekly sale in Europe was that a few months back. I feel that some of these are playing catch up to those. Some random comments.

I'm 2 Pokemon away from 100%ing it (Nidoking and Glaceon, just waiting for the right days of the week). I enjoy the time I spent with the game but could have easily spent quite a bit less. So here are some tips:
  • Have the self control to end chains when Pokemon are captured (maybe once a link box is cleared) rather than keep them going for ages (which is really easy). It is easy to get into a mindless mode of trying to keep the chains going beyond 100 for no reason (you don't need to do 50,000 damage to a Pokemon with 500 HP)
  • While it is match 4 then 3 to enter link mode try matching 6 to start with instead, hitting all opponents and the damage boost is worth it
  • Super effective makes a world of difference, try to wherever possible. Pokemon that starts the chain determines type of chain. The game is sadly monotype so don't let that throw you off.
  • Partners...I tend to go with power of five/six or a Pokemon that is in the stage anyway (it makes it easier to match them up). Power of five/six are the best abilities in the game for raw damage. When you unlock 2/3 partners bringing too many that are not in the level anyway will make linking hard so be smart here.
  • Friendly Pokemon. Things over 3 stars take forever to become friendly. As for bothering, a 1 star Pokemon when friendly is as strong as an unfriendly 5 star one, 3 stars seems to become 6 star. These effects are permanent (some Pokemon appear in multiple levels)
  • If you're having troubles, work out what these ares, flinch strikes help with attacks while healer and builder help you recover from them in various ways so bring parters appropriately. The latter two are a must for surviving endless though you will have close calls (when you want to use them you find you don't have them on the board...) but for the rest of the game you should be able to beat stages fast enough for healing to not be a problem.
  • Don't be afraid to look up unlock conditions. While they tend to follow a pattern it is hard to figure out at first.
  • The game can be more frustrating than difficult in places (especially when a wall breaks and the enemy Pokemon falls into the arena and starts knocking your pieces away making it hard to chain).

Pure BS that X/y aren't on that list.
Yet it is still the best selling on the 3DS.

Tom_Cody

If Tropical Freeze isn't on sale next week, and instead it's just the NES version of arcade game, I'm going to be very pissed off.
I'm betting on DK Coconut Crackers.

ObCC4U8.jpg

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
getting my wii u in today, damnit i missed the mario sales!

going to cop LTTP tonight at least

edit: fuck.

Top Bottom