• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive eShop Sale in Celebration of Super Smash Bros 3DS

mrhej

I've been playing Kid Icarus: Uprising due to the sale.

Con: My Hand hurts a bit while I play it.
Pro: I like Dark Pit and not annoyed that he's in Smash now.

Are you using an OG 3DS? I hurts my hand as well but I suspect its just because the OG 3DS's form factor was just terrible.

Berordn

That breakdown has always seemed forced to me. Seasons has worse balance to the enemy damage, which makes it harder and more "actiony." They both have plenty of puzzles and decent action.

Ages is just the better game IMO.

Ages is definitely a lot more focused on the world and the story within, while Seasons is more eager to put you out on the front lines to face enemies. Of course since they're both Zelda games they have both elements in them, but it's fair to say that Seasons is more focused on the action and Ages is more focused on the world building.

Personally I think Seasons is more fun.

maxcriden

I'm using an OG and I found it helped immensely to use my thigh as a place to rest the bottom of the DS while using the stylus, with my knee pointed up and my foot on the bed/chair/whichever. BTW, what kind of intensity levels are you playing on? Be sure to make use of the idol toss and weapon crafting! And power selection. :)

mrhej

I'm using an OG and I found it helped immensely to use my thigh as a place to rest the bottom of the DS while using the stylus, with my knee pointed up and my foot on the bed/chair/whichever. BTW, what kind of intensity levels are you playing on? Be sure to make use of the idol toss and weapon crafting! And power selection. :)

I've been playing intensity 5 usually.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Are you using an OG 3DS? I hurts my hand as well but I suspect its just because the OG 3DS's form factor was just terrible.

Put your right pinky behind the screen to support and the rest of your fingers behind the console. For the stylus, hold it like a pencil.

I played for hours on the OG and no issues .

Salsa

ive played Kid Icarus for like an hour but it seems okay if im resting the XL on my legs

I think it helps that im using the phat stylus from my DSi XL

image007-620x.jpg

playing at 5.0 too for now

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I had doubts about which game should I buy on this promotion ... and suddenly I realised that this is probably the only nintendo sale on this century. So ... why not ALL I want to play ?
I mean, I bought KI:U because of that and because its retail price seems to have gone up. The one I'm debating is FE:A because its price hasn't gone to strange places yet, and like I said I still have to buy SSB4 and I really want SF643D, even though I have played the original a shit-ton :p

damn you all to hell
<3

I kinda did that. Only physical I have on 3DS now is SMTIV, Pokemon and Prof Layton. A 32gb SD Card is the best thing I've ever done for this 3DS.

My WiiU got converted to all digital except ZombiU. I need to buy an HDD for it.

Blu(e)

Is NES Kid Icarus or F-Zero any good? Keep in mind I may not be able to pick up Tropical Freeze if I grab them. That is if TF is on sale for $30.

Is NES Kid Icarus or F-Zero any good? Keep in mind I may not be able to pick up Tropical Freeze if I grab them. That is if TF is on sale for $30.

Between the three of those, your priority is Tropical Freeze. The other two are potentially available as part of the regular rotation of Club Nintendo rewards (as the 3D Classics version of the NES Kid Icarus was a month or two ago), and neither will last you nearly as long. Given that the discounts don't go as steep as 40%, however, I expect the sale price for DKC:TF will be around $35.

jmizzal

ive played Kid Icarus for like an hour but it seems okay if im resting the XL on my legs

I think it helps that im using the phat stylus from my DSi XL

image007-620x.jpg

playing at 5.0 too for now

I got Kid Icarus in the sale and i'm using a 2DS and it plays really good, really enjoying the game

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Even if Tropical Freeze is $40, everyone should pick it up. Its one of the best platformers ever + dat soundtrack is magical.

Cheska

Hope Animal Crossing has a sweet deal! Wanted to rebuy it, and it feels like the digital version is the perfect way to go.

Blu(e)

Between the three of those, your priority is Tropical Freeze. The other two are potentially available as part of the regular rotation of Club Nintendo rewards (as the 3D Classics version of the NES Kid Icarus was a month or two ago), and neither will last you nearly as long. Given that the discounts don't go as steep as 40%, however, I expect the sale price for DKC:TF will be around $35.

Ahh don't do this to me Nintendo. I'm going to pick up a $50 eShop card soon and picking up Minish Cap, LTTP, MMX, and MMX2 for sure. Looking at the OP though I totally forgot I wanted Metroid as well. Barring that, I would've had enough. I really wish these VC were cheaper in the first place.

Sad thing is that if TF were $30, I'd get back $5 from DDP.

Tom_Cody

Even if Tropical Freeze is $40, everyone should pick it up. Its one of the best platformers ever + dat soundtrack is magical.
I'm still finishing up the final bits of DKCR3D (ugh at those final temple levels), but this sale is exactly the right occasion for me to pull the trigger on Tropical Freeze.

I am so behind on my gaming.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
The games that are listed in the OP for this coming sale are just speculation, right?

Hoping to snag Y tomorrow.

They're guaranteed, but there will definitely be more than the listed ones, based on how this has gone so far. I'm guessing Wii Party U and/or Tomodachi Life will be on sale because of the Miis at least.

Mistle

Played Ages and Seasons back in the day but they're now deep in my memory. I may give them a go!

Also, as somebody who hasn't played Megaman, which one should I get?

khaaan

ok, so which of the Zelda Oracles games should I play first? Ages or Seasons?

You can start with either one, I prefer Seasons because that's the one I had as a kid but Ages is just as good. They also differ slightly based on the order you play them =)

Can your cart Animal Crossing save be converted to be used by the digital version? I've been trying to go all digital, but the cartridge never leaves my console anyway so it's not a huge deal if the save doesn't transfer.

Can your cart Animal Crossing save be converted to be used by the digital version? I've been trying to go all digital, but the cartridge never leaves my console anyway so it's not a huge deal if the save doesn't transfer.

Absolutely! There is a save-data transfer tool to download from the eShop. It requires you already own the digital version, but it basically takes the save data from the cart and moves it to the digital version, then resets the cart so it's like you're turning it on for the first time.

There's no like, save-file select or anything (for any other games), it's all or nothing. But totally possible, I do it all the time

ok, so which of the Zelda Oracles games should I play first? Ages or Seasons?

Either is a great place to start. Ages is more puzzle-based and Seasons is more action-based, but they each have plenty of both so you won't be playing a fundamentally different game. They're both Zelda. The extra side-quests differ depending on which you start with, but you don't miss out on the extra unlockable items for either. Also, the end plot for the combined games remains the same no matter which one you start with.

jkh33

I have $30 in my eshop account, should I get a link between worlds now or wait to see if Pokemon X and Y go on sale later today?

Yeah, this absolutely right way to play KI:U. It's like a guitar posture, becomes really comfortable after a while and gives you the best accuracy.You can also cross your legs if you like. I also reccomend tuning control sensitivity almost to the max for better response and fun.

Top Bottom