• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive eShop Sale in Celebration of Super Smash Bros 3DS

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
This goes on until October 2nd btw. Here is what it looks like the franchises that will be discounted are for the coming weeks:

Week 2

Zelda
Fire Emblem
Kid Icarus
F-Zero
Mega Man
Sonic

Week 3

Pokemon
Metroid
Wii Fit
Wii Party/Wii Sports (?)

Week 4

Donkey Kong
Kirby
Pikmin
Star Fox
Pac Man
Animal Crossing

I would imagine Tomodachi Life for the Miis.

Man, I'm spoiled by Sony and Valve because those sales are anything but massive.

It's very true. But at this point I think I'm finally just accepting that Nintendo is never really going to get on the big sale train, and since I've been waiting for some classic Mario action on the 3DS it's finally time for me to jump aboard now. I've made exactly $0 of eShop purchases so far as I don't like the pricing or account system, but I think that I'll pick up a $20 and break in on this sale.

Banned
I own everything already except Kirby triple deluxe. Been waiting for a sale. If it gets discounted during the Kirby week then I'm all over that.

Who

Banned
A little off topic but how likely do you think it will be that all our digital purchases will be transferred over to the hybrid system? I've built up quite a digital library, for the 3DS atleast, and I have a feeling it will be quite complete after these sales are done.

ChrisD

3D World and Land are at nice prices, I feel. Everything else is pretty bad. Can't even go 50% off for VC titles. :|

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'll wait until this month's Club Nintendo rewards are revealed until I buy anything, but I'm thinking about SMB 2 and 3 for the 3DS.

Brizzo24

http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers/?gid=20140904SuperSmash

Looks like they're holding a four week sale on various 3DS and Wii U titles based on Super Smash Bros characters.

Week 1 9/4 - 9/11:

Super Mario Bros 3 (3DS/Wii U) - $3.49
Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS/Wii U) - $3.49
New Super Mario Bros U (Wii U) - $39.99
Super Mario 3D Land (3DS) - $19.99
Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) $39.99
Yoshi's New Island (3DS) - $29.99
Punch Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream (3DS/Wii U) - $3.49

Week 2 9/11 - 9/18:

Games based on The Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, F-Zero, Mega Man, and Sonic The Hedgehog

Week 3 9/18 - 9/25:

Games based on Pokemon, Metroid, Wii Fit, and Miis

Week 4 9/25 - 10/2:

Games based on Donkey Kong, Kirby, Pikmin, Star Fox, Pac-Man and Animal Crossing

Damn Nintendo, keep it up!

JSBTl.gif

Lucinice

Neo Member
Oh man those virtual consoles titles make me wish the e-shop had cross buy. Do you guys think it's better to get VC titles on the 3DS or Wiiu?

Release Sonic 1-3 and DKC 1-3 at $5 each and I'll bite.

Oh man those virtual consoles titles make me wish the e-shop had cross buy. Do you guys think it's better to get VC titles on the 3DS or Wiiu?

Wii U. It's infinitely less likely that 3DS titles will be immediately playable on future hardware.

ViviOggi

Sorry but even by console standards this hardly qualifies as "massive". Will be keeping an eye out for the coming weeks though, maybe there'll be one or two nice deals.

Dolobill

SOLD on SM3DW at that price. Will download today. Also sold on Wind Waker if that's at a decent price.

Heh, these along with Destiny should actually hold me over long enough to skip Smash 3DS and just get it on Wii U. I don't really want to buy Smash twice, but I don't think I would have the willpower not to.

Sweet, should definitely check out some fire emblem games finally. Always felt bad about maining Ike in PM and never having actually so much as looked at a Fire Emblem game haha.

Rizific

PERFECT. just bought a Wii U two days ago. got MK8 yesterday along with MH3U on sale on the eshop. was gonna go out and get 3d world today with my gamestop gift card, but now i can spend that on something else. looking forward to windwaker hd next week

botty

Banned
Not really impressive, tbh. You can find most of those games for about 1-2 dollars more Physical on amazon. Not even gonna mention the inflation of those roms since at the very least they should be priced that way to begin with.

3D World is most certainly the best deal... I guess.

Not really impressive, tbh. You can find most of those games for about 1-2 dollars more Physical on amazon. Not even gonna mention the inflation of those roms since at the very least they should be priced that way to begin with.

3D World is most certainly the best deal... I guess.

With DDP it's worth it.

Loco4Coco

A little off topic but how likely do you think it will be that all our digital purchases will be transferred over to the hybrid system? I've built up quite a digital library, for the 3DS atleast, and I have a feeling it will be quite complete after these sales are done.

Transferring to the New 3ds? Very likely.

Brofield

Is Super Mario 3D Land or Yoshi's New Island worthwhile at the discounted price?

Didn't get around to picking up either at launch, and I wouldn't mind a few new 3DS games

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Console digital sales != PC digital sales

PSN and XBL put on bigger sales weekly, not just once in a while, with more titles on sale each week, and have been doing so for years.

That said, it's not like Ninty has enough to pick and choose from, or else the same shit would be on sale every other week.

*Sneaks in*

is anyone willing to trade my $20 PSN or XBL card for a $20 eShop Card?

*Sneaks out*

Seriously, this always happens when I'm low on money...then again I'm always low on money haha. Why can't I buy eShop cards on amazon?! Even if someone takes me up on the offer I still need to think on it since theres a book I wan coming out on the 23rd but I don't have enough for free amazon super saver shipping so thats $4 just wasted...and $4 is alot of money...

Also how can it be a massive sale if theres no Ridley game. SMH OP.

Top Bottom