• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive eShop Sale in Celebration of Super Smash Bros 3DS

Eh. I'll keep checking back in and, if the price is right, I'll pick up. I own most first party stuff anyway, but if there's something I missed well...it's a first party game on sale. That's not exactly common.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
PSN and XBL put on bigger sales weekly, not just once in a while, with more titles on sale each week, and have been doing so for years.

That said, it's not like Ninty has enough to pick and choose from, or else the same shit would be on sale every other week.

Eh, actually eShop sees sales almost weekly, from third parties and especially indies. Recently, we've had Atlus sales, Capcom sales, and soon there will be a Rising Star sales. And there are almost always sales from indie developers. Ah, right, there's been an Ubisoft sales too, for Europe at least (it had Rayman Legends at 14.99, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag/Zombi U for 9.99, Child of Light for 9.99, etc.etc.). Externald evelopers have complete freedom on sales on both platforms. Still, the problem is indeed the amount of content from third parties (especially on Wii U), which can't allow for bigger and wider sales selections.

Certainly, Nintendo as software house has started late with deals and is still behind, but it's nice to see them finally starting doing more of these initiatives, even for games that came out this year / end of last year, and not 10-15% deals and nothing else. 3D World at 39.99 sounds great to me, as well as 3D Land at 19.99. Hopefully, they keep on improving their deals in the next days/months/years.

*Sneaks in*

is anyone willing to trade my $20 PSN or XBL card for a $20 eShop Card?

*Sneaks out*

Seriously, this always happens when I'm low on money...then again I'm always low on money haha. Why can't I buy eShop cards on amazon?! Even if someone takes me up on the offer I still need to think on it since theres a book I wan coming out on the 23rd but I don't have enough for free amazon super saver shipping so thats $4 just wasted...and $4 is alot of money...

Also how can it be a massive sale if theres no Ridley game. SMH OP.

I'm in the same situation, been trying to pawn off my XBL credit for ages now :(

Any takers can PM me of course.

Rnr1224

hoping for a sale on Kid Icarus and star Fox. If OOT3d is cheap enough, ill probably pick that up even though i haven beaten it tons of times

chud

Banned
I'm really interested in 3D World, but with all the games that I want to play right now, I'm going to need a better price than $40 to finally pull the trigger

Just got the urge to buy a 2DS the other day, looks like now is the time to jump in since apparently all the marquee titles will be on sale for the next few weeks.

What could go on sale for Pokemon besides XY?
Europe got Pokemon Rumble games. Not even Mystery Dungeon...

But given how they also only got NSMB2+U (while here we see 3DW) NOA might be crazy enough to put XY on sale.

Is Super Mario 3D Land or Yoshi's New Island worthwhile at the discounted price?

Didn't get around to picking up either at launch, and I wouldn't mind a few new 3DS games
3D Land is good but might take a bit time to get going (they made reviewers embargo something that liked a lot which was mad). Positive reception. Might seem basic if you played 3D World.

Yoshi's Island is fairly flawed and so mixed reception. looks a lot better on the 3DS than videos make it seem apparently.

Question: can I buy 3DS games via the eShop without a console, like through the internet? Xbox Live and Playstation Network let me do that.

ciD_Vain

Here's what it looks like in on the site

NEIauHZ.png

G0523

I love how Super Mario Bros. 2 is also on sale even though you can redeem it for Club Nintendo points right now.

Zebetite

Banned
Hey, I literally just bought a Wii U and decided to pass on 3D World for a couple paychecks. Now that I stand to save some money, maybe I should grab it here!

I have a couple questions, one of which is even tangentially related to this sale: If I buy a digital game from Nintendo, do I still get Club Nintendo points?

Also, the most recently-revealed gifts for Club Nintendo were super junk. If I enter all these codes I've got/am getting right now, am I (thankfully) missing the boat on those? Or should I hang on to them for some period of time to try my luck with next year's gifts?

Azuran

Banned
Nice, hopefully Uprising is on sale next week so more people can experience that once in a lifetime masterpiece.

I have a couple questions, one of which is even tangentially related to this sale: If I buy a digital game from Nintendo, do I still get Club Nintendo points?

Also, the most recently-revealed gifts for Club Nintendo were super junk. If I enter all these codes I've got/am getting right now, am I (thankfully) missing the boat on those? Or should I hang on to them for some period of time to try my luck with next year's gifts?

Yes. You also get Nintendo deluxe points so you're technically getting the game even cheaper.

As for the second question, you can't get this year's prizes anymore. So if you add any codes, they should count towards next year.

Carlisle

Hmm, debating YNI. I haven't finished the original, nor DS. Perhaps I should do those first.

Also tempted by SMB2 and 3 DS. Got them on Wii/WiiU, but NES games are so shit on Wii U.

Think I'm gonna hit FE:A next week and maybe SF643D at the end of the sale, though.

Here's what it looks like in on the site

NEIauHZ.png
You have to appreciate how the Wii U and 3DS VC versions have different icons reflecting their appearance.

Them focusing on each character is interesting, it makes it look like Rosalina is the only reason SM3DW was on sale. Makes me wonder...what would have had happened were she not unlockable.

If you have you Club Nintendo account linked before you start downloading, yes.

VandalD

Bit tempted by 3D Land, but I've heard it's not one of the stronger Mario titles. I'll hold out for Mega Man, Fire Emblem, and Zelda.

Portalbox

Do you guys think we'll get a discount on Fire Emblem Awakening DLC? Has it ever been on discount before? There are some packs I'd still like to buy but I find them quite expensive for what they offer.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This is great! Don't know what the prices will be, but I want to get Kirby: Triple Deluxe, Fire Emblem: Awakening and Pokemon Rumble Blast for cheap. Star Fox 64 and Ocarina of Time 3D would be nice too.

I really shouldn't buy all that, though. Not when I have so much other stuff to play already.

KingSlime

Bit tempted by 3D Land, but I've heard it's not one of the stronger Mario titles. I'll hold out for Mega Man, Fire Emblem, and Zelda.

It is my absolute favourite Mario game (haven't played Mario 3D World yet). For the price, you wouldn't go wrong!

Top Bottom