• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Master Chief vs Doom Guy! Who wins?

Who wins in a deathmatch fight

• Master Chief

Votes: 31 17.9%
  • Doom Guy

Votes: 142 82.1%

• Total voters

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Now I love me some Master Chief. He is tough, has augmentations, technology, futuristic weapons, shielding etc. Chief has fought through hordes of Aliens and Flood. Chief has killed in the thousands while being Super intelligent and tactical on the battlefield. Chief no doubt is one of gaming's greatest Hero's.

BUT......

I am going with the Doom Guy over Chief for Several Reasons:

-Doom Guy has some kind of extra Dimensional Strength, also has a touch suit, also has a slew of Weaponry
-Despite Doom guy having mostly primitive weapons like pistols, shotguns, chainsaws, etc. He also has some advanced tech weaponry like Plasma Rifles and the BFG(Big Fucking Gun).
-Chief has been handled a few times while I do not ever recall the Doom guy getting handled.
-Doom guy has fought through tens of thousands of all manner of Demon. He has even defeated Demons the Size of Skyscrapers by himself
-Doom guy is so scary he mows down Demons in Hell while Hell is afraid of the Doom Guy.

To Sum it up in my book: Chief is one tough son of a bitch. Possibly the best solider ever in gaming.
Doom Guy seems almost indestructible while having strength and endurance that is outer worldly.

violence

I would go with Doom Guy. His arsenal is just insane. I also think Doom Guy won in that death battle video.

Edit: He did not win in the death battle video. We need a rematch with the one from eternal.

Last edited:

ReyBrujo

For a second I thought you were referring to the Doom guy of the very first game. That duel would have been easy, the Doom fellow was killing monsters while Master Chief was still in the balls of Bungie's developers.

radewagon

Imagine choosing Master Chief....

Destroy Animal Crossing GIF by Mashed

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Doom guy. Not even close.

Now, Doom guy vs Kratos…

Kratos is a man who has killed gods. The Doom Slayer is the man who brought the legions of hell itself to fear it and create legends.

The Doom Slayer wins. Plus I don’t think Kratos can take a BFG 9000 to the face.

Soodanim

OP I was going to give you shit for stating what BFG stands for, but perhaps there are people who don't.

Does anyone not know what BFG stands for?

SHA

The Doom guy on steroids, Spartans are different, I prefer master chief but they both serve different types of interests and I'm okay with both of them.

Laptop1991

Doom guy, mostly because I've played all the Doom's and not much Halo as yet, but he also just seems tougher and fights deadlier enemies on his own.

Gojiira

Lol children voting MC over Doomguy…1 ordinary Marine taking on the armies of Hell singlehanded who becomes so powerful he begins hopping through realities to find more Demons to kill, how is that in anyway not stronger? I like Chief but he isnt that strong, he’s no Astartes. Doomguy is borderline force of nature.

Last edited:
The Doom Slayer quite literally went into Hell itself and killed all the demons so much that they had to figure out a way to ambush him and use demonic magic to put him to sleep and seal him away. They never found a way to actually kill him.

Master Chief is just a genetically modified human super soldier. The Doom Slayer could break MC in half without even putting in any effort.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Doom guy can run at like 60 mph, would probably be enough for him to tackle the chief at that speed.

Last edited:

The Stig

MC is pretty cool. I like him but Doomguy in the recent reboot?

Dude is an unstoppable force

Last edited:

DanielG165

Spartans are absurdly powerful and deadly warriors, especially Spartan IIs; they’re all essentially Captain America x20. There was a moment where Chief backhanded a missile, Spartan Kelly sniped an elite out of a Banshee whilst hanging upside down, and one handing her sniper rifle. They can run up to 70mph I believe, and have to be EXTREMELY delicate when interacting with anyone but one another, less they crush them.

Halo Spartans are genuinely some of the deadliest, most proficient, potent, and powerful warriors in fiction… But none of them would be a match for the Doom Slayer.

The Doom Slayer is, for all intents and purposes, a god, the spitting image of the creator himself per the duology’s lore. He is wholly capable of killing the largest of demons, skyscraper sized monstrosities, with his bare hands and no armor. He doesn’t even need guns to slaughter the hordes of demons he fights; he does so for fun, to make them suffer as much as possible. The Slayer would eviscerate Master Chief in a death battle. He would be able to single handily end the Human-Covenant war probably in a few days.

However, what would really happen is they would quickly find a common ground, and work together to kill the bad guys as buddies.

Top Bottom