• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Anarchy (JP) |OT| Bayonetta Too

Yeah I'll admit at the very start of checking this out, I though. Damn its a Dynasty Warriors type game but the soon enough the variation of missions and the stuff going on in the game def went all over the place... which is a good thing. I'm of the thought, this game is a sequel to Mad World, or at least the closest were most likely going to get from them. Shame Sega is holding this back till next year in the US.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
4k lol

The campaign is fun. Only played all of black side and training with 3 bots so far. The characters all feel really different. Nikolai is cool.

Want to get all of those abilities though!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Said it once, will say it again. Poor marketing.

That and really making a game that is mostly MP centric and having some insane price isnt really going to get folks to jump into a new IP.

Granted I think the SP is fun. But they have shown this off so much as a MP specific game, plus it being a brand new IP. Not as many folks are willing to throw down the 6500-7000 yen for something like that.

Now when its something a bit more familiar like a Capcom or Namco fighter its a little different.

They should have gone for a lower price point 5k tops. Makes it easier as an impulse purchase after seeing the vids in stores thinking "hey that looks kinda cool" but when they see the price tag at most retail outlets turns into "but not 6-7k cool"

Volcynika

I felt like a such an amateur last night, the multi match I did had it where there was me at level 1, and then multiple 40s and a level 50. Oy!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sooo with Bayonetta installed the bottom line of the character selection screen looks quite uneven.

DLC please, Platinum :p.

Parakeetman

Sooo with Bayonetta installed the bottom line of the character selection screen looks quite uneven.

Im surprised that they didnt toss in the main character from Vanquish. Just to get more cross promotion of their games. And all the tech shit hes rocking fits in with the rest of the insane bunch with mechanical bits hanging off in all places.

Im surprised that they didnt toss in the main character from Vanquish. Just to get more cross promotion of their games. And all the tech shit hes rocking fits in with the rest of the insane bunch with mechanical bits hanging off in all places.
THIS, so much.

I didn't buy NeoGafs resident PG employees reasoning about why he wasn't in the game. something about him using guns.

There's a known hidden character, wish it were bartender bot but that'd be overkill

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I wish Cybrid Joe was playable. I'm in love with his animation at the start of the missions he's in.

Spent a bit more time with the single player today, and I think I might have to retract my earlier statement after figuring out more of how it works. I'm liking it alot more.

Hope I didn't discourage anyone from buying. I totally think the single player is worth the time on its own after completing White Side

I wish Cybrid Joe was playable. I'm in love with his animation at the start of the missions he's in.

Spent a bit more time with the single player today, and I think I might have to retract my earlier statement after figuring out more of how it works. I'm liking it alot more.

Hope I didn't discourage anyone from buying. I totally think the single player is worth the time on its own after completing White Side
Cy Joe seems to be the #1 npc requested!
I appreciate that both campaign "sides" are different enough to make playing through one after the other feels doesn't feel like a complete retread.
looking forward to going through it with multiple characters!

Volcynika

How long does it take to do those website minigame things for the DLC codes? Not sure how much time I'll have to set aside.

robot

How long does it take to do those website minigame things for the DLC codes? Not sure how much time I'll have to set aside.

Took me about 45 minutes? I played through each minigame once to get some credits, then spent the rest of my time doing the high/low game.

I feel bad for Platinum, I wouldn't be surprised if they leave Sega or Sega abandons them. Either way it would be for the better because despite the amazing stuff that comes out of Sega, their marketing is so bad and their logic is even worse. You don't market a game in the west and then not sell it, that's a waste of marketing dollars that you won't earn back when you sell it the year later.

Aaron

I hate to say this, but it should have been a free to play game with the League of Legends model. Rotating free heroes, ability to buy them, cosmetic items, and sell the single player with early missions free and have to buy the latter ones.

HouseofGlass

Neo Member

I agree. The SP seemed weak at first, but after beating Black Side and starting White Side and realizing the stages and missions are actually different, I'm more impressed. It's not an amazing SP game, and I wouldn't recommend it to anybody who was not going to play MP at all at the current import price. But it's more than just an MP game with a shitty SP slapped on. Sometimes it feels like you have to grind up on enemies to get the points for the next unlock, but even on hard mode I find I'm usually able to do well enough on a mission to earn enough points to automatically (or almost) unlock the next one.

Really fun game, really unsurprising sales, really big tragedy. Maybe the kind of people who would buy this nearly unadvertised game are also the kind who would form a small but lasting community. It's all I can hope for.

Tain

4k on 360, ouch. There really aren't many people online, lol.

ah well. I'll play what I can and join the US people in 2013.

From what I heard, the Japan 360 version was a very limited run. For all we know, that 4k could be 100% of the 360 first print.

However forget sales, let's focus on the game. The art form. And this game is great. Couldn't imagine waiting nearly another year for US/EU release.

Keasar

How was it again, all the first printing of the game came included with Bayonetta? I bought it last week from Nin-Nin but cant remember if it specified anything about that.

Mdk7

4k on 360, ouch. There really aren't many people online, lol.

ah well. I'll play what I can and join the US people in 2013.

Do you guys know if you'll be able to challenge US/PAL players with a japanese X360 copy of the game?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Platinum Games are going to be well shot of Sega. When Metal Gear Rising sells more than all their Sega pub'd games alone due to actual TV marketing, hopefully many new doors will be open to them.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I hate to say this, but it should have been a free to play game with the League of Legends model. Rotating free heroes, ability to buy them, cosmetic items, and sell the single player with early missions free and have to buy the latter ones.

Terrible idea.

Also, why the shit is this taking an extra year to get released in te states? Isn't it already in English?

Parakeetman

There has to be a real explanation for it though. Maybe they're trying to work out some sort of marketing campaign or something? Why would a company willingly gimp themselves?

SEGA has been doing that for quite some time now unfortunately...

At least their arcade division is still strong, just doing different stuff. Mostly card related video games and Border Break which has been doing quite well.

Volcynika

How was it again, all the first printing of the game came included with Bayonetta? I bought it last week from Nin-Nin but cant remember if it specified anything about that.

Yes, first print run had Bayo codes.

This completely slipped my mind when I first started playing it yesterday.

Where is the Bayonetta code?

Not sure if you found it, but look where you put the disc in the case. It's on the inside of the back of the cover.

Tain

Do you guys know if you'll be able to challenge US/PAL players with a japanese X360 copy of the game?

They're the same game, data-wise (shows as "Anarchy Reigns" in the 360 Dash and all), and the game has a "Preferred Region" option in multiplayer, so I'm assuming it's the case. Someone said it would be possible earlier in the thread, too.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Nah

There has to be a real explanation for it though. Maybe they're trying to work out some sort of marketing campaign or something? Why would a company willingly gimp themselves?

The PR statement said something along the lines of the release of the game has been reevaluated when they announced the new date.

Game is obviously going to be a really hard sell in the current market. I mean in Japan there was a bunch of promotional material for the game and it still didn't do to hot

They're the same game, data-wise (shows as "Anarchy Reigns" in the 360 Dash and all), and the game has a "Preferred Region" option in multiplayer, so I'm assuming it's the case. Someone said it would be possible earlier in the thread, too.

The whole point of the planned simultaneous release was to get everyone in the world up and playing with each other at the same time.

So they're all going to be compatible even with the delay.

robot

Thank god for bots - got to try Death Ball last night since online was empty. The power shots each character performs once the meter fills up are so cool.

Then I tried a bot filled 16 player Battle Royale. The amount of crazy shit that happens during a game is hysterical - black holes, carpet bombing, monsters spawning, etc. I had a bounty put on me mid match and got swarmed by 6 people. Amazing.

Oh, and I am getting my ass kicked online in Team Deathmatch.

Wish more people would try it out but I guess we'll have to wait till 2013. There's so much variety here. You can tell Platinum poured so much heart into this game. It's such a blast.

Thank god for bots - got to try Death Ball last night since online was empty. The power shots each character performs once the meter fills up are so cool.

Then I tried a bot filled 16 player Battle Royale. The amount of crazy shit that happens during a game is hysterical - black holes, carpet bombing, monsters spawning, etc. I had a bounty put on me mid match and got swarmed by 6 people. Amazing.

Oh, and I am getting my ass kicked online in Team Deathmatch.

Wish more people would try it out but I guess we'll have to wait till 2013. There's so much variety here. You can tell Platinum poured so much heart into this game. It's such a blast.

I can see the love they put into it, i REALLY hope its rewarded somehow, there's an obscene amount of content, and all of it just happens to rub me the right way.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
We gotta make games happen tonight PS3 crew

What timezones are people in so it's easier to coordinate the best time for everyone?

If 2 other people just want to run Survival/Mad Survival that'd be fine too

LTWood12

Ordered Sunday through Play-Asia (PS3 ver) and it still just says 'Preparing Order.' What are the chances I don't get a first run copy ordering six days after the release? (especially given its lackluster sales #s) I know it's dumb, but paying $107 I'd hate to not get the DLC.

I'll be up for online play in probably 1-2 weeks after my exams.

So far, I enjoy some rounds of singleplayer in my breaks. What a cool game this is, I really enjoy trying different characters in missions that allow it and the system seems to be easy to learn but hard to master (e.g. other combos when you time your punches differently, some tactical thought going into when to make killer weapon attacks or go into rampage mode). Some of the characters could have been fleshed out more storywise and don't have much screentime, but all seem fleshed out gameplay-wise so far.

Really, a cool game :) wouldn't even compare it to MadWorld too much apart from being a similiar genre and featuring some of the same characters. Pacing seems much faster, the fighting system is more fun to me without the "kill spectaculary for highscore"-thing. I enjoy the style of the game very much, great use of color, contrast and subtle animations to give every character his own flair. No need to talk about the OST - it's awesome and very fitting.

On the negative side, I still miss the 2 player splitscreen option, though :/ would have been great to play this with friends at home against bots, I'm usually not that big into online play but I will probably dig into this just for the sake of it ^^ Also, while I love the existing scenarios, I would kinda like to have 1-2 more of them, especially since some interesting scrapped concepts are hinted at in the art gallery... but that's just me being greedy.

Top Bottom