• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Anarchy (JP) |OT| Bayonetta Too

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
There are trophies for starting the campaign on both the Black Side and the White Side and then playing all the way through, so I'm assuming that's what the game wants you to do to unlock Stage 4 for free play. The wording for some of the unlocks in the gallery seems to indicate that the side you started with is the only one that counts as "completed" when you finish the game.

Like Ai Rin(lightweight character I play the most) can jump cancel the first hit of her KW attack on block or on hit. She can also stop after 3 hits of it and continue with a weak string while her opponent is in a juggle state.(off of which she has multiple options where she can go for maximum damage, positioning or meter gain)

I didn't know either of these things about Ai Rin, thanks for the tips!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Take down defense the best perk

I love fighting Garudas that just plan on charging grab into mobs the entire game and having them shut down completely vs me.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Been playing a bit this weekend

I think right now my favorite modes are Cage Match and Tag Battle. I feel I have the most control in those modes. Also no perks in these modes so here is where I feel the game is at its best.(also low player count makes it easy to find a match quickly when you make your own room.)

and my least favorite are probably Team Battle and TDM, because I feel I have the least control in these modes.(big characters charging into mobs with grabs are bad enough in the free for all modes. In these modes you're forced to team up with victims and I don't find that to be very fun.)

Haven't played much of the CTF modes or Deathball. I really want to though.

Mostly getting thrown into Battle Royale and Mad Survival by quick match. As a result both are growing on me though.

Still having alot of fun with this game. If people want to give gaf games another shot post a good time in the thread.

Also if you see me on PSN let's team up for Tag Battle.

Just beat the game in Hard mode (started with Black Side). Now I get to play every mission with THE BLACKER BARON, which is the best reward ever.

Been playing a bit this weekend

I think right now my favorite modes are Cage Match and Tag Battle. I feel I have the most control in those modes. Also no perks in these modes so here is where I feel the game is at its best.(also low player count makes it easy to find a match quickly when you make your own room.)
I look forward to setting up my own cage matches in simulation mode, with specific themes. i wish they implented a gauntlet of preselected/themed cage matches for single player with various variables.

Just beat the game in Hard mode (started with Black Side). Now I get to play every mission with THE BLACKER BARON, which is the best reward ever.

i'll be playing through as Maximillion!

B00TE

Argh, I hope my copy ships out this week. Still waiting to hear back on what's going on. Curse no weekend support. :c

Looking forward to playing Jack in every mode ever, along with Ai Rin and Max.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
It's a plot element?

Idk I'll mark it if people complain but everyone I talked to responded the same way when they found out the last secret character was a fodder enemy from the campaign

"oh....."

He's fun though I like him more than Garuda

It's a plot element?

Idk I'll mark it if people complain but everyone I talked to responded the same way when they found out the last secret character was a fodder enemy from the campaign

"oh....."

He's fun though I like him more than Garuda
he's not, i thought you meant who cares overall, but i hear you, Gargoyle is pretty unspectacular, no "character" really.. bartender bot would have been better.

robot

How do you unlock characters, story mode?

Online is pretty brutal. Too bad you can't gain XP in the Simulator. I'm usually dead last online and get barely any XP.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Has it been confirmed that you can play as any character throughout story mode?

Yep. Just clear the game once and you can play with any character through stage select

How do you unlock characters, story mode?

Characters also unlock with ranks online. You should have all characters by rank 22.

Online is pretty brutal. Too bad you can't gain XP in the Simulator. I'm usually dead last online and get barely any XP

Fastest way to gain Rank is Mad Survival. Quick and gives you about a level per completion based on performance IIRC.

Need the free DLC off the Asylum site.

If you already have it though I'd be happy to run through it a couple times with you. I'm about to get on right now.

Retro_Funk is my PSN shoot me a message if you're interested. Offer also open to anyone else who'd like to be a 3rd

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Need one more for PS3 mad survival if anyone wants to play a bit

Volcynika

Holy shit that was the first time I've beaten them

and you took down two of them yourself lol

ggs. gonna call it a night though

GGS. WE WERE VICTORIOUS OVER THE BAR BOTS. Not Cthulu though lol.

Streamed some of it: http://www.twitch.tv/volcynika/b/325065427 (Yes I'm terrible, deal with it!)

That was really fun though. I also am amused how you get just the drum track or whatever when you're dead, then the lyrics kick back up when you respawn.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah Big Bull can guard cancel his KW chain after the 2nd hit/press.

Tain

It's fully localised and free of region protection on both platforms. Looks like they just updated the review to correct that.

I'm bummed out about the lack of players on 360. It feels impossible to even play Team Deathmatch at the times I'm attempting to.

Mognet

Platinumed Bayonetta and now I'm burnt out.

Hopefully my copy arrives tomorrow arvo.
It wont ):

Got the game. Loving it so far but hope to really dig into it later today. Platinum delivered for sure. Add me anarchy GAF... PSN: brooklyniteOne

B00TE

My order is shipping today! So excited! Will be happy once it's finally out tonight and I can track it. I got into my head over the weekend that something would go wrong.

Dunno what I'll end up jumping into first, campaign or MP.

EDIT: IT'S BEEN SHIPPED.

shiroryu

$90 on PlayAsia, what the fuck. Why are games in Japan so costly? Are Japanese gamers loaded? Or is just the exchange rate, and it's actually cheap in yen?

$90 on PlayAsia, what the fuck. Why are games in Japan so costly? Are Japanese gamers loaded? Or is just the exchange rate, and it's actually cheap in yen?

I think Japanese people make a lot of cash so 90 bucks is average to them like 60 bucks is to us.

They can import US Games at launch for 60 bucks which is probably chump change to them. If I remember correctly even JP Xboxs are not region locked.

Kade

What's the best place to import it? Just read the sentence in the Eurogamer review about the game being fully localized already and I'm ready with my wallet out.

What's the best place to import it? Just read the sentence in the Eurogamer review about the game being fully localized already and I'm ready with my wallet out.

I went with Play-asia, they have their stuff together and are good about customer service.

Famassu

Reading all these positive comments is so making me love SEGA & their decision to delay this game for over six months... Might have to do the same thing I did with their idiotic Bayonetta delay and import the fully localized Japanese version.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
So the game gave me motion sickness and I threw up. Washed out my mouth and went back fo mo.

LTWood12

'delivery by 10:30 am or earlier'-FEDEX

Wife and son are leaving town for a week. Translation, I'll be playing every night. Would like to play with other GAFers. Please add me.

PSN: LTWood12

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I think Japanese people make a lot of cash so 90 bucks is average to them like 60 bucks is to us.

They can import US Games at launch for 60 bucks which is probably chump change to them. If I remember correctly even JP Xboxs are not region locked.

US games are region protected depending on the title. Some are locked some are not. If anything, most folks just buy the "Asian" version which is basically the Hongkong release of a game since those work on a Japanese system. That and US games do cost generally more than Asian ones.

Its not that they make a lot of cash, its the exchange rate. Currently the USD is getting its ass kicked by the JPY and has been for quite some time now. Where as in the past for the longest time the USD was stronger than the JPY by a good amount.

Parakeetman

I went with Play-asia, they have their stuff together and are good about customer service.

They do have good customer service Ill give them that. Though sometimes them sending stuff takes and INSANE long time for some reason and they dont really inform folks of that. So you need to check up on them when that happens.
Though asides from that no real problems with them. Though there was a security breach in the past and CC info and such was stolen, which is why my friend had stopped using them.

*Apologies on the double post folks, stupid ass me didnt go and cnp this message into the one up above.

shiroryu

US games are region protected depending on the title. Some are locked some are not. If anything, most folks just buy the "Asian" version which is basically the Hongkong release of a game since those work on a Japanese system. That and US games do cost generally more than Asian ones.

Its not that they make a lot of cash, its the exchange rate. Currently the USD is getting its ass kicked by the JPY and has been for quite some time now. Where as in the past for the longest time the USD was stronger than the JPY by a good amount.

Thought Japan wanted a weaker yen so their exports stayed competitive, has that policy changed?

Parakeetman

Thought Japan wanted a weaker yen so their exports stayed competitive, has that policy changed?

No idea on that truthfully, since am not an expert in the field. Though Id like to guess that we got folks who work for the financial industry here in Japan who post on GAF, that would have some real answers to your question. Since that is a good one.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
They do have good customer service Ill give them that. Though sometimes them sending stuff takes and INSANE long time for some reason and they dont really inform folks of that.

Pay for Fedex or UPS shipping and you'll generally receive new games on the Japanese release date or 2-3 days later on a product that's ready to be shipped.

Top Bottom