• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Anarchy (JP) |OT| Bayonetta Too

Volcynika

Well we beat Cthulu once atleast Volcynika

hahaha. B)

Sorry if I stole and kills I was just messing around with a bunch of different dudes

Rin Rin's fans go out alot further than I thought

A Cthulu victory is good to have. Though I think we had that one at the end, we just had some unlucky circumstances happen.

Also loooooooved when the "Madworld" round came up at the port and a track from that started playing. Was awesome!

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I think I like Ai Rin the best out of the sisters. The jump weak KW is too good. But still liking Bayonetta and Durga most maybe.

For some reason my trophies where not installed in English, even though my system language was set to English. Anyone had this happen/know a way to fix this? Already tried changing the language between English UK and US and installing again, the trophies disappear when I do that but always come back in Japanese.

monome

Fucking post office could not deliver he parcel while I was on vacation, I'll get the game tomorrow.

Can't wait...although that's exactly what I'm doing.

Am I the only guy who's really enjoying the story in this game? Or maybe not the story so much, but just the characters and the dialogue are much more interesting and satisfying than you'd expect. I'm not even finished yet but I really liked this scene (White Stage 3, Main 2) in particular -- there are all these little directorial touches like
the camera movements slowly becoming more unhinged, the angles more uneven, and the height perspectives between Leo and Max becoming more pronounced with the angles as you slip into Max's insanity
. Even the facial movements, with the squints and the raised brows and the more dynamic, lively movements (like when
Max mentions the BPS tech and Leo's fingers open as he glances down at himself
) go pretty far in making the characters feel more real.

It's incredibly over the top but I don't feel detached from the action or the characters -- they have their fair share of one-liners but their longer conversations have consistent characterization and a pretty clear progression of dialogue. It's less like witty potshots are being shoehorned into the conversation than they are a natural part of them. The difference in quality coming from Vanquish is pretty interesting. Maybe my standards for video game storytelling are just low, but usually I'm pretty jaded about this stuff and I find myself already in a critical mode when it comes to the writing. Here, I'm thinking more about the game in terms of itself.

If nothing else, I think it really helps in amping you up for the game's more important fights.

I too enjoyed the story Axelstream, i also appreciate that they made an effort to create 2 equally engaging campaigns, keep with it, i believe it keeps that quality through both campaigns then UPS the ante in the "Red" final level.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I wasn't too impressed with what I saw from this game at first, but the more I watch it the more I like it. I don't think I'll import it though.

Really hope the US release goes well.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Like all PG's games it really shines once you get your hands on it and play.

but yeah I'd probably recommend most people wait for Western release at this point. Online isn't too good for alot of modes with Japanese players and there doesn't seem to be a consistent community of western importers forming around this game.

RobbieNick

Now that my PS3 is repaired, I've been playing the hell out of this. I still suck online. Rarely get a kill and get my ass handed to me. Also, EVERYONE plays as Bayonetta.

monome

hey,

question:

is the Bayonetta code for XBOX360 region locked?
I received my copy yesterday and after inputing the correct code it says invalid...
Copy was mint and wrapped.

hey,

question:

is the Bayonetta code for XBOX360 region locked?
I received my copy yesterday and after inputing the correct code it says invalid...
Copy was mint and wrapped.

You need to use a Japanese account to input the code and download. After you do that, any account on the system will have access to Bayonetta though.

Am I the only guy who's really enjoying the story in this game? Or maybe not the story so much, but just the characters and the dialogue are much more interesting and satisfying than you'd expect. I'm not even finished yet but I really liked this scene (White Stage 3, Main 2) in particular -- there are all these little directorial touches like
the camera movements slowly becoming more unhinged, the angles more uneven, and the height perspectives between Leo and Max becoming more pronounced with the angles as you slip into Max's insanity
. Even the facial movements, with the squints and the raised brows and the more dynamic, lively movements (like when
Max mentions the BPS tech and Leo's fingers open as he glances down at himself
) go pretty far in making the characters feel more real.

It's incredibly over the top but I don't feel detached from the action or the characters -- they have their fair share of one-liners but their longer conversations have consistent characterization and a pretty clear progression of dialogue. It's less like witty potshots are being shoehorned into the conversation than they are a natural part of them. The difference in quality coming from Vanquish is pretty interesting. Maybe my standards for video game storytelling are just low, but usually I'm pretty jaded about this stuff and I find myself already in a critical mode when it comes to the writing. Here, I'm thinking more about the game in terms of itself.

If nothing else, I think it really helps in amping you up for the game's more important fights.

No you're not, I'm in the same boat. Currently on my hard playthrough, and I still enjoy watching the cutscenes. They're short, they're cool and they have this 80s anime vibe about them, can't describe it properly but I really like them. Helps that they're short, too, and don't distract from the game too much. And the English voice acting is actually very good IMO.

btw. soon (read: friday) my exam period is over and I might be able to finally plan out and join in on some multiplayer games after getting drunk first :)

B00TE

Feel kinda guilty, I was all excited to play the other characters that were not in the demo but in the end, I stuck to playing Jack 80 percent of the time.

Mad Survival on the ruins stage is so awesome. Especially that last wave, holy shit.

I finally bought the game yesterday because I couldn't stand the summer drought anymore. The game is readily available in Hong Kong, but only a Japanese import is available at the moment, the game is double the price of what games normally cost.

Any idea on why the western release is delayed till next year? I put the disc into my PS3, even the notification said "Anarchy Reigns"(US/EU name) needs to be installed to the HDD, not "Max Anarchy"(JP name). I have my system language set to English so that's probably why it said Anarchy Reigns instead. But still, everything in-game is in English, the voice-over, the interface, everything, it should take no time to localized the game at all since pretty much everything is ready to go for the English-speaking audience.

Keasar

I finally bought the game yesterday because I couldn't stand the summer drought anymore. The game is readily available in Hong Kong, but only a Japanese import is available at the moment, the game is double the price of what games normally cost.

Any idea on why the western release is delayed till next year? I put the disc into my PS3, even the notification said "Anarchy Reigns"(US/EU name) needs to be installed to the HDD, not "Max Anarchy"(JP name). I have my system language set to English so that's probably why it said Anarchy Reigns instead. But still, everything in-game is in English, the voice-over, the interface, everything, it should take no time to localized the game at all since pretty much everything is ready to go for the English-speaking audience.

I like to go with "SEGA being stupid", its the simplest and most logical one at the moment.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I like to go with "SEGA being stupid", its the simplest and most logical one at the moment.
Only reasoning I can think of is that Sega has product coming out in the Summer and Fall (Retro packs / Jet Set Radio / Hell Yeah) but nothing in Q1 2013, so Anarchy Reigns fills the void.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Somehow managed to find a full Deathball team of English speakers with mics yesterday! That mode becomes ridiculously fun once you understand how elemental affinities come into play and can coordinate with all your teammates.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Neogaf

We gotta make games happen sometime this weekend

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I'm having such weird issues with the connections. Tried to play with papasmurf yesterday and I had him showing up as like 4 bars which is really good but it was still pretty bad. Sometimes I play with people with 1 bar and it's better than it was (though usually its worse)

ahhh!

Also Master Evader is such a good ability. Durga is fun but so weak. Ai Rin's jumping light KW needs a nerf.

Majukun

any news about at what price it will be sell in the west?i'm wondering if wait till the western release or buy import.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
I'm having such weird issues with the connections. Tried to play with papasmurf yesterday and I had him showing up as like 4 bars which is really good but it was still pretty bad.

Also Master Evader is such a good ability. Durga is fun but so weak. Ai Rin's jumping light KW needs a nerf.

Weird! Our connection seemed fine from my end.

I've gotten into the habit of just not fighting people who use Master Evader, the six consecutive rolls they get make doing so an enormous hassle. And yeah, even as an Ai Rin player I totally agree that her light jumping KW is ridiculous.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Grreat matches but you left pretty suddenly. Hope to see you online again.

Haha sorry someone was at the door hence my lack of movement. Still online though!

I've gotten into the habit of just not fighting people who use Master Evader, the six consecutive rolls they get make doing so an enormous hassle. And yeah, even as an Ai Rin player I totally agree that her light jumping KW is ridiculous.

Haha I guess if you do it consecutively its bad but it seems to reset pretty quickly. Also it renders other players' rampages useless.

Good thing all that shit is off in cage matches. Well, cept for Rins bullshit.

Man Smurf I can barely figure out whats happening. Somehow everytime we clash I end up stunned and then its all over. Also how come every aerial* kw attack I do flies to the side but yours are hyper accurate? :(

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Man Smurf I can barely figure out whats happening. Somehow everytime we clash I end up stunned and then its all over. Also how come every aerial* kw attack I do flies to the side but yours are hyper accurate? :(

Because Max Anarchy.

Also whoa Rapid Respawner ability is so temping haha.

Also do people just mash the confirm button when making matches? Is that why battle royale, the default, is the most common mode? It's so terrible an I'd say like 70% of the lobbies I enter (then immediately leave) are battle royale.

Okay, that's enough for me. Papa, can I ask you something? While we were fighting I kept doing the 360 attack, HEARING Rin go AHHHHH and yet you were blocking. Also, I'd hit you, and I'd see the stun stars appear, and so I'd do a heavy attack and as soon as you touched the ground you'd instantly roll away and the stun stars would disappear. Have you seen that happen on your end? Because it was driving me insane.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member

The game stupidly doesn't explain any of this, but the times you were getting stunned during a clash have to do with the attack speed and recovery time of the different characters. Basically, stuns happen when one player lands an attack on the other while they are winding up or recovering from an attack. Most of Douglas' attacks have pretty hefty startup and recovery times, so it's fairly easy for a quicker character to get stuns on him if he's being too aggressive.

Air KW attacks generally fly off to the side if your character isn't facing straight forward onscreen, so I try to make sure I've moved forward or backward a step or two before jumping up.

Okay, that's enough for me. Papa, can I ask you something? While we were fighting I kept doing the 360 attack, HEARING Rin go AHHHHH and yet you were blocking. Also, I'd hit you, and I'd see the stun stars appear, and so I'd do a heavy attack and as soon as you touched the ground you'd instantly roll away and the stun stars would disappear. Have you seen that happen on your end? Because it was driving me insane.

Yeah, the sound effects are a really unreliable source of feedback when it comes to 360 attacks, it's pretty frustrating. You basically have train yourself to ignore them and just go on visual feedback.

As for stuns, I'm not quite sure which situations you're referring to. Are you talking about those times where we hit each other and both get knocked back? Because sometimes stun stars appear over my opponent's head in those cases, but they are never actually stunned. Also, when you do get a stun on someone, it's only the very first hit on them that you get for free before they can recover. I know that there's a bunch of cases for me where I get a stun on someone, realize it too late, and end up hitting them out of it with a light attack and wasting it.

Mdk7

Just got my X360 copy of the game, YEAH!!!
Nin Nin rocks... can't wait to play it tonite.
BTW= if i just wanna start with the campaign, does it make any sense to redeem the Bayonetta code?
Not that i don't wanna play as the witch (i surely do!) i just wanna know if you can use her in single player or not.
Thanks!

maomaoIYP

Anyone knows if Play-Asia still has codes for bayonetta? I really want this game bad but I don't want it if I can't get Bayo.

Volcynika

Just got my X360 copy of the game, YEAH!!!
Nin Nin rocks... can't wait to play it tonite.
BTW= if i just wanna start with the campaign, does it make any sense to redeem the Bayonetta code?
Not that i don't wanna play as the witch (i surely do!) i just wanna know if you can use her in single player or not.
Thanks!

You eventually unlock free campaign, where you can play through the campaign with any character. I forget how you unlock it though. :x

Beckx

Love this game, but holy geez Hard Mode. Playing through Normal was a cakewalk, but I can't even get past Durga on White Side/Chap 1 on Hard.

That doesn't bode well for what's going to happen when I finally dive into multiplayer.

How is the community on 360? Easy to find matches or fairly empty?

Top Bottom